Indie Publisher Digerati just caught the eye of many gamers when it announced the arrival of its upcoming title, Blacksea Odyssey. It was today that the savage, top-down rogue-lite space shoot ‘em up RPG brimming with colossal creatures and runic technologies was announced to arrive on the PlayStation 4 in the coming month. The trailer can be viewed below
Although originally coming out in the March of 2016, the top-down adventure filled game is still loved by many gamers today. To give a brief introduction to the story that this game revolves around, “Once a decade, the greatest huntsmen in the universe gather to compete in a legendary tournament known as the Blacksea Odyssey. Steeped in blood, ancient treasures, and a madness that wills them to delve deeper into the black abyss, these huntsman compete for a chance to claim the ultimate glory of facing a creature of such insatiable ferocity and magnanimous size that its wingspan has been said to stretch across galaxies while it’s breath consumes black holes. A creature rumoured to exist only in legend, the Titan of the Stars!”
Developed by Team Blacksea Odyssey, the game has a ‘Very Positive’ rating on Steam and garnered an enthusiastic response from the gaming press. Twinfinite awarded the PC version of Blacksea Odyssey 4 out of 5, calling it “a bizarre and wonderful game”, while IndieGames astutely pointed out: “You surf on a missile and use a harpoon to rip limbs off of giant space monsters… if that doesn’t pique your interest, then I don’t know what will.”
Features of the game include:
- Rip Apart Enemies Piece by Piece: Eviscerate enemy creatures by ripping them apart with your harpoon.
- Fully Destructible Everything: Blast through fully destructible environments with your spear or harpoon.
- Twitch based Action-Packed Combat: Reminiscent of classic top-down shooters mixed with modern RPG and rogue-like mechanics.
- Hardcore Rogue-like Elements: Featuring permadeath, procedural levels, and incredible replayability.
- Massive Bosses: Battle against colossally scaled bosses dwarfing several screen sizes.
- Expansive Customization System: Forge millions of runic modifications for your spear and space-board.
The fun filled, gruesome RPG is set to arrive on the PS4 next month, the 12th while a physical version is set to debut for the Sony fans as well. The game is set to be available for $34.99 for the digital copy while the physical one, its release or price not being announced just yet, will contain a region free disc along with the title track disc and manual. Being a special edition (1500 in total), it is sure to get a player’s collection to the platinum standard.