The Roblox error code 267 is getting fairly common. Everybody seems to complain about it on forums and Reddit. I’ve personally gone through the threads, and I can tell you that the error is very frustrating.
Whenever you launch Roblox the game automatically crashes. Sometimes, players are also kicked in the middle of the game, and afterward, they get the crash error, that goes something like this “Disconnected – You were kicked from this game”, followed by the error.
The Roblox website tells you that error code 267 can be only caused by two factors. However, that is not entirely true, and there are more reasons why you could be facing the Roblox error code 267.
Why am I getting the Roblox Error Code 267?
Here are some factors that cause the Roblox error code 267. Go through all of them, and see if they relate to you.
- If you accidentally kick yourself from your own game or from a game where you are an admin. The game will crash and you will get the error code 267.
- Some servers do not allow accounts less than 30 days old. That is because new accounts are mostly filled with hackers. Make sure your account is at least 30 days old.
- If you are getting the error code 267 from a specific game. This means that you are banned from that specific Roblox game.
- If you have kicked yourself from your own server or a game where you were admin. The Roblox error code 267 will always popup whenever you join that game again.
- Some servers or games are finished and removed. However, the glitch inside Roblox does not tell you if the server is no longer available. Instead, whenever you join that specific game, Roblox will always crash with the 267 error code.
- Sometimes the Roblox error code 267 also appears, when you are kicked from a certain game. Make sure you are following the rules of that specific game to avoid getting kicked again.
Before we jump in troubleshooting and sort this error out. Make sure you are aware of these settings and If there is any factor you can recognize from the list. Simply work towards it and don’t both reading rest of the guide.
On the other hand, If you are still unable to figure out the error. Don’t worry, because I’ve got you covered with excellent methods.
Contact Roblox Support To Find Out If You Are Banned
If you are unable to join any sort of game because of the error. Then that means that you are banned from official Roblox admins. On the other hand, If you are getting the error code 267 after joining a specific game. Then understand, that you are banned from that game. Roblox won’t unban you, because they have nothing to do with other game creator rules. You can contact the game creator, find out why you were banned. Most of the game creators are pretty humble, and they will unban you if you didn’t cheat.
Change DNS Server Adresses
In case you find out that you are neither banned from a game nor Roblox. In that case, you should change your DNS Server Adress. Sometimes, there is a glitch in Roblox, that completely blocks your DNS Adress. The problem mostly happens to those who use static IP’s. Once you change your DNS Server Adress, you will bypass the Error code 267. Here is how you can change the DNS server address.
- Firstly, open Windows Command Prompt by searching for it in the start menu.
- Now copy and paste the following two codes separately in Command Prompt.
ipconfig /flushdns netsh winsock reset
- Once done, you will get the following messages.
“Successfully flushed the DNS Revolver Cache”.
“Successfully reset the Winsock Catalog”
- Close Command Prompt and proceed to Control Panel > Network and Internet.
- Under the new tab, click on Network and Sharing Center.
- Then Click on Change Adapter Settings.
- Right-click on your primary Internet setup > properties.
- Select “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) from the list > and hit Properties.
- Select “Use the following DNS Server Addresses” and enter
18.104.22.168 In Prefered DNS Server and 22.214.171.124 In Alternate DNS Server. Just do it like the picture below.
If changing DNS Server Address didn’t help you. Then, you should try to Uninstall Roblox. By doing this, you will reset all the settings, clear cache, and delete leftover files that might be causing the error. After you Uninstall Roblox, make sure you clear out Temp files before fresh downloading it again. Here is the whole process in a step by step manner.
- Open start > Search Roblox > Uninstall.
- Hold Windows + R on your keyboard, and run will appear. Type %temp% In run and click ok.
- Under the Temp Folder > Press CTRL + A to select all > right click on any file > delete.
- After you are done with uninstalling Roblox and clearing out temp files. Now you should go back to Microsoft Store and download Roblox Once again.
If there was any bug or glitch In your Roblox Windows 10 application. They will be sorted out, and you can have high expectations that the 267 error will be fixed.
If by any means you are playing Roblox on a browser, make sure that your browser is updated to the latest version. Secondly, only use Google Chrome and Mozzila Firefox for running Roblox. That is because other browsers aren’t properly supported and you will always get random crashes on them.
The Roblox browser edition is always synced with new updates on browsers. Therefore, It is really Important that your browser is updated before you try to play Roblox.
The best browser for Roblox is chrome, so let’s try to figure out how we can update that.
- Click on the three dots that must be on the top right-hand side.
- Scroll down and click on About Chrome. The browser will automatically check for updates, and If there were updates available. Make sure you download them.
Check your Internet Connection
All things aside, checking your Internet Connection is also worth a try. I know it sounds dumb, and your Internet might be working. But just to let you know, that unstable Internet that has packet losses can also cause the 267 error code. So, make sure your Internet is working without any packet losses or unstable speed.
Head over to the Packet loss speed test website. Perform a speed test, and see if there are any packet losses On your Internet. Here are my results with no packet losses.
Empty Cache and Clear Cookies
In case all the steps above did not fix your Roblox error. Do not get stressed, because there are other promising methods that might fix it for you. Emptying Browser Cache is one of these effective methods that can sort the problem out.
This method only applies to those who are using the Browser version of Roblox.
After emptying the cache, the browser simply removes all the saved data and clear’s out a lot of things that might be the problem behind the error code 267. Clearing browser data, cookies, cache, and more is only a two-step process.
- Open Google Chrome > Settings > Privacy and Security.
- Click on “Clear browsing data”, fill the following options, and clear the data.
Disable Ad Blocker
It is highly recommended that you turn off AdBlocker while playing Roblox. Sometimes the Ad-blocker considers Roblox as a high-quality ad, and therefore It completely shuts it down. As a result, the game kicks you out and you get this frustrating error.
You can completely Disable AdBlocker, or simply allow the Roblox website In your AdBlocker Options.
In other words, your AdBlocker will be enabled on all sites except Roblox.
- Depending on whatever AdBlocker you are using. Open the Roblox Website, click on Ad-blocker > disable it for this website.
The last thing you can do If you want to continue playing Roblox on the browser is to reset the entire browser. This method is very effective and I wanted it to list at the top. But I didn’t, because this involves the complete termination of all settings you might have on chrome. Don’t worry much though, because most of the Chrome settings are saved to your Gmail account.
- Open Google Chrome > Settings.
- Click on Advanced > Reset and Cleanup > Select “Restore Settings to their original defaults.”
Download the Windows 10 Version
I don’t find it believable that after all the methods we’ve listed in this article. The Roblox error code 267 should still exist. Subsequently, If you are still having trouble finding the fix for this error. I’ll recommend you stop playing on the browser and switch to the Windows 10 Version. The windows 10 version is slightly better in terms of graphics. Further, It also has a more accessible system to join and leave games. I’ve noticed the graphics are also good, and you can also use the FPS Unblocker that will get you more than 60 Frames.
- Head over to the Microsoft Store.
- Search Roblox > Download it.
A new application with a different meta can help you get rid of the 267 error code. All things aside, If all the methods above did not fix your Roblox for you. I’d recommend seeing if you are able to play games on different Internet. There are chances that you might be IP banned for some misunderstanding, you might be unaware of. Make sure you contact Roblox Support and discuss the error with them.