Aliens Dark Descent features an enthralling storyline and is set to be released on June 20th, 2023. Embark upon a world filled with aliens and take them down with your squad while focusing on your ultimate survival. Players might want to know about the Aliens Dark Descent Plot and world-building. Therefore, a detailed walkthrough might be required!
What Is The Plot In Aliens Dark Descent?
The Aliens Dark Descent plot or Story takes place in the year 2198 and is set in a timeline that has been developed 20 years after the general events that took place in Alien 3 and about a few years before the events that took place in Aliens.
- The plot is set primarily in an area known to be the Tantalus Base, which used to be a facility of the Weyland-Yutani Corporation as well as a relay station that used to be located on the Lethe planet.
There has been a breakout of absolutely deadly xenomorphs, and while they are proving to be a deadly threat, a squad of marines is set out to take care of the outbreak, and a marine and his entire squad have set out to handle the outbreak due to the threat.
While Alvarez and his team were on the case of the Xenomorph threat, they found an even bigger threat in the depths of the Tantalus base, which put together aspects of both the overall physiology of Xenomorphs and making it even deadlier by combining the human physiology too.
- This new set of xenomorphs/creatures features an even bigger danger that Alvarez and his marines have to cater to, and they end up attacking both Alvarez and his squad, who ends up locking behind the marines that have fallen behind with the mutated creatures, being sure that he has contained the danger.
He cannot escape the wrath of the creatures, as they have managed to infiltrate the entire area, and Alvarez is left to see his destiny.
- After this, players will be bound to crash land onto the area and will start to explore various areas while being the marines themselves, being able to explore the orbital stations, which are facing issues with alien creature outbreaks, mostly due to the smuggling of specimens due to a vicious party.
Players will also uncover a starship area where they will be introduced to an even bigger threat of newer opponents that they will have to face off against.
- In general, you and your squad must be extremely careful while trying to traverse the lands, fighting horrific mutations, Guardians, human survivors, and every threat that presents to you.
Combat And Game Setting In Aliens Dark Descent
Aliens Dark Descent focuses purely on being a squad-based top-down tactical action game that makes the player (you) become a commander and a part of a squad of marines that needs to handle the threat brought upon by the Alien infestation and outbreak.
- While you can handle the enemies well, there will be times when you need the help of your squad to take care of the enemies for you.
- While in the middle of battle, players can cause the time to slow down, allowing you to lend out orders to your fellow team members with well-thought-out plans to take the enemies down.
The Aliens Dark Descent Plot And Gameplay does not focus on being linear, but rather, while it has a main storyline, there will also be multiple side quests and objectives that keep players entertained for hours on end.
- The more quests that are made available to you, the more you will be left to think and strategize before being able to take on opponents, making it crucial for you to think before you act lest you become prey to enemies.
- Each marine member will have their own set of skills, being able to cast them against opponents, making it a bit easier for you to take them down.
Worldbuilding In Aliens Dark Descent
While the Aliens Dark Descent Story and overall gameplay typically focus on being a top-down game, players will still be able to remain immersed in the world that it offers you.
- While you can explore unlocked areas, it allows you to experience the story alongside the marine squad, taking in the views from above.
- Other than that, there are also interactable objects and barriers that players can break down to progress further into the next section of your area.
- You will need to open doors to access newer locations, mysteries hidden in plain sight, waiting to be explored by you.
- You can also level up your squads, which is crucial to becoming stronger in combat and being able to tank more hits that are incoming from the enemies.
- You will also be able to take refuge back in the Ortega, where you can head by taking your dropship, and it allows you to take a break from the cardinal dangers that lurk in the unknowns but also be able to catch a breath before going out to face the perils again.
- Players are also encouraged to be wary of their surroundings, be cautious of the enemies, take shortcuts wherever they are available, and summon and create areas considered safe zones to increase survivability.
There is also an avid AI system that uses your specific playstyle and is not only able to adapt to it but is also very easily able to learn your specific playstyle, allowing it to strategize against you and pick up on your patterns. Therefore players are advised to change how they play Aliens Dark Descent, not to let the AI become stronger against them.
Players can choose from 5 classes in Aliens Dark Descent to take on the responsibilities of protecting their team while allowing them to take down the deadliest foes.
|Aliens Dark Descent Classes||Description|
|Gunner||The Gunner is an insanely recognizable marine-force, being able to support his team by providing insane fire support.|
|Medic||The Medic is there to ensure that the team remains safe and sound, being able to provide healing abilities to keep the squad alive.|
|Recon||The Recon uses a Light Pulse Rifle, being able to become the master scout for the entire team.|
|Sergeant||The Sergeant is able to bring up the morale of the squad, being able to up the teammate's confidence.|
|Tecker||An inquisitive and intelligent mind, the Tecker takes on the role of being the mastermind of the squad.|
There are a total of 7 enemy types to face off when going through the Aliens Dark Descent Plot, and all of them are vicious, so make sure to be wary.
- Facehuggers: Anytime an egg detects a host, the Facehugger can have its life. It is a spider-form of the Xenomorph that is only alive to implant a Chestburster contained in a living being.
- Guardians: The most elite of the elites, they are not only strong against players, but they have an Embryostasis implanted in them, making them slow down their life cycle, and they can walk through the Xenomorphs with ease.
- Praetorians are larger and stronger than basic Xenomorphs and creatures with a defining chest and large head.
- Queen: As can be said, the Queen leads its hive, and they are insanely intelligent, being able to showcase their intelligence, so be wary.
- Runner: While Runners are insanely fast, they cannot be as strong as the Drones or Warriors, making them a bit weaker.
- Synthetic: Maintenance synths made by Seegson can provide the role of a guard and protect the Pioneer area.
- Warrior: Lastly, the Warriors are considered a part of a class in the Hive and extremely dangerous.
And that’s just about it! All that players need to know about the Aliens Dark Descent Plot, and with that, let’s wrap up the guide!
Enemy And Class Photo Credits: FocusEntertainment
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍