Attack the Watchpoint is the final mission of Chapter 1 in Armored Core 6. Here, you’ll face Sulla as a late-chapter boss and face off against one of the hardest bosses in Armored Core 6, Balteus. Players will also get to meet Ayre here in a twisting turn of events in the Armored Core 6 story and will be rewarded with new parts and weapons after the chapter ends.
Attack The Watchpoint Walkthrough
The mission Armored Core 6 Attack the Watchpoint is the last mission you will encounter in Chapter 1. It is definitely not the easiest or the shortest mission, but it can be conquered successfully if you know what to do.
You will find the entire mission divided into three phases, ranked chronologically and somewhat in order of difficulty. You will find the mission-relevant objective log at the end of each “phase,” based on which missions that phase will cover.
Destroy SG Squads
The starting point of this phase will be on an enemy base atop water. Follow the objective marker and clear the enemies you encounter near the Armored Core in Sector 1. If you don’t have a long-range weapon, initiate combat from the left of the Armored Core and eliminate the enemy in the Pulse Cannon ahead. After you clear that area, you will find another Pulse Cannon ahead of you on the left. You can eliminate it using the same tactic.
Your objective marker will bring you to Sector 2 next, a narrow area of enemies between two large structures. There is no sneaky tactic for clearing the Pulse Cannons, but employ the following steps into your strategy, and you’ll breeze right through.
- You can use the structures on the field as a shield while dodging the lethal pulse cannon shots (remember to manage your thruster levels).
- For starters, clear the enemy to your right, followed by the ones on the wall to your right again.
- Hug the wall as you make your way closer to the objective marker to clear Sector 2.
- Annihilate the SG squad in Sector 1
- Annihilate the SG squad in Sector 2
Once you have cleared out all the enemies in Sector 2, your objective marker will guide you towards Sector 3. It will lead you towards a high platform, followed by a very high platform between two pillars. There will be a bridge ahead of you at the end of which is a well-known, notorious boss enemy, Sulla.
Walter and you will be taunted by Sulla when you make contact with him.
A few important things to note about Sulla are listed as follows:
- You can’t skip past Sulla, so you will have to beat him to progress.
- He is a very powerful foe, much stronger than any Armored Core you have encountered so far.
- Sulla is equipped with missile launchers, so it is crucial to dodge his attacks regularly.
- He corners himself in a wall at specific points in his attack pattern, which is a great moment to dish out good damage.
- Head for Sector 3
- Destroy the AC of unknown affiliation
Your next objective in Armored Core 6 Attack The Watchpoint will point towards a hub on the ground floor. Once you hack it and get inside, you can restock your supplies (always resupply). Continue following the objective marker into a large chamber with a device Walter will want you to destroy. It will go down in a few hits and trigger a cut scene.
When you wake up from the blast you caused, you’ll be greeted with another Armored Core, AAP07: BALTEUS. His might is as strong as his intimidating missile launchers make it out to be.
It would be best to keep the following things in mind when you fight him:
- The best tactic to defeat him is to wait until he launches missiles and puts down his defense or strike when he moves around.
- He does have a robust close-range blast, so always be on your toes if you see him charging up an attack.
- Infiltrate the control center and destroy the target device
- Destroy the PCA SP autonomous craft BALTEUS
Mission Rewards And Collectibles
Collectibles are an essential mechanic in Armored Core 6. Certain difficult enemies will drop items called Combat Logs, which you can ultimately use to increase your Hunter Class Rank. Defeating ENTANGLE/Sulla will give you one of the many Combat Logs in Armored Core 6.
Regarding the mission rewards, completing the mission successfully will give you 380,000 COAM. COAM is the in-game currency you can use to purchase the best early weapons and other parts for your dream Armored Core build.
The Armored Core 6 Attack The Watchpoint mission is one of the most challenging missions you’ll encounter in Chapter 1 of your playthrough. So, diving into it fully prepared for the explosive and lethal threats you’ll experience would be wise.
The MELANDER set will give you the best chance at survival because of the high pulse damage you’ll be receiving from most enemies. However, depending on your playstyle, you can also run the Tetrapod set.
- HD-011 MELANDER (Head)
- BD-011 MELANDER (Core)
- AR-011 MELANDER (Arms)
- LG-011 MELANDER (Legs)
- VP-20D (Generator)
- BST-G2/P04 (Booster)
That concludes the Walkthrough of the Armored Core 6 Attack the Watchpoint Mission. If you liked this guide, consider checking out the Juggernaut Bossfight guide. Additionally, you can also take a look at the Armored Core 6 Cel 240 fight walkthrough.
- Armored Core 6: Best Lightweight Builds
- Armored Core 6: Cheat Engine, Cheats & Trainer
- Armored Core 6: How To Beat HC Helicopter
- Armored Core 6: How To Beat Sea Spider
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍