In Armored Core 6, Decision Missions represent defining moments in the game’s progression. Marked by a unique icon in the Sortie menu, these missions offer players a chance to influence the story’s trajectory, with each mission choice reflecting a different alliance or course of action. Making a selection not only steers the narrative but also locks the chosen path, having a lasting impact on both the storyline’s outcome and in-game rewards.
What Are Decision Missions In Armored Core 6?
Armored Core 6 Decision Missions are pivotal moments in the game’s narrative, represented by a special icon in the Sortie menu. When players encounter these missions, they face a narrative branching point that forces them to choose between two or more available missions, each representing different allegiances or actions.
The chosen mission or decision in Armored Core 6 determines the player’s alliance, type of mercenary identity, and the game’s story direction. Notably, after selecting a Decision Mission, the unchosen path disappears, locking in the player’s choice and influencing the game’s ending and rewards. These decisions have significant ramifications on the game’s outcomes and require careful consideration.
What Are The Narrative Consequences Of Decision Missions
Decision Missions in Armored Core 6 serve as a mechanism that greatly enriches the game’s storytelling. They introduce a dynamic narrative structure, giving players agency over the unfolding events, allegiances, and ultimately, the game’s climax and resolution.
- Story Direction Choices: Decision Missions are crucial points in the game’s story. The choices made during these missions determine the overall direction of the narrative.
- Allegiance Decisions: Decision Missions let players choose their allegiances with factions or key characters. The main key players are Cinder Carla & Handler Walter, Ayre, and ALLMIND (available in New Game++).
- Impact on Endings: Choices in these missions shape the game’s conclusion. By Chapter 4, decisions become even more important, leading to various final missions and boss fights. To get a specific ending, players may want to consistently support one of the three key players.
- Gameplay Effects: Decision Missions not only affect the story but also determine the next missions players will face, shaping their gameplay experience.
- Choices Have Consequences: Each choice has consequences for the story. Players can review mission briefings to understand who’s giving the mission and what might happen. If they’re not happy with the expected outcomes, they can switch missions without risks.
- Freedom with Consequences: Players can change allegiances during different Decision Missions. This can lead to unexpected changes in the story’s direction.
Key Players In AC6 Decisions Missions
Cinder Carla & Handler Walter, Ayre, and ALLMIND are central to the Decision Missions in Armored Core 6, each offering a distinct narrative path with its own set of challenges, rewards, and endings. Players’ choices regarding these key players drastically shape their gameplay experience, narrative direction, and the eventual outcome of the story.
1. Cinder Carla & Handler Walter
Cinder Carla & Handler Walter are the two characters grouped together, suggesting a partnership or joint influence in the Armored Core 6’s narrative. The choices involving them seem to lead to specific mission paths, as evidenced by the Breach the Karman Line mission, which culminates in the Fires of Raven Ending.
Relevance in Decision Missions: Players siding with Cinder Carla & Handler Walter will likely engage in missions that align with their interests or objectives. This may involve defending or attacking specific targets, negotiating with other factions, or other actions that directly or indirectly support this duo.
Choosing to align with Ayre in Armored Core 6 offers a distinct path, leading to missions like Bring Down the Xylem. Successful completion of missions on this path results in the Liberator of Rubicon Ending in AC6.
Relevance in Decision Missions: Ayre, as a key player, likely presents missions that contrast with those of Cinder Carla & Handler Walter. Players will need to determine whether Ayre’s interests align with their desired narrative outcome.
ALLMIND has an exclusive presence in New Game++ of Armored Core 6, suggesting this entity or group has deeper layers or secrets unlocked in subsequent playthroughs.
Relevance in Decision Missions: Engaging with ALLMIND provides exclusive missions, such as Regain Control of the Xylem, with unique rewards like the Coral Missile Launcher and Coral Shield. Aligning with ALLMIND leads to the Alea Iacta Est ending in Armored Core 6.
Decision Missions Branching Paths Rewards In Armored Core 6
Armored Core 6 Decision Missions don’t just determine the trajectory of the narrative, but they also reward players with specific in-game items, primarily mech parts. Here’s a breakdown of the rewards obtained from the branching paths of the Decision Missions.
1. Specific Mech Parts
Every major decision not only affects the game’s story but also provides players with specific sets of mech parts as rewards. Here’s a detailed breakdown:
Chapter 5 – Escape
- Head: AH-J-124/RC JAILBREAK
- Core: AH-J-120/RC JAILBREAK
- Arms: AA-J-123/RC JAILBREAK
- Bipedal Legs: AL-J-121/RC JAILBREAK
Bring Down the Xylem – Ayre (Liberator of Rubicon Ending)
- Head: IB-C03H: HAL 826
- Core: IB-C03C: HAL 826
- Arms: IB-C03A: HAL 826
- Bipedal Legs: IB-C03L: HAL 826
Breach the Karman Line – Carla/Walter (Fires of Raven Ending)
- Head: EL-PH-00 ALBA
- Core: EL-PC-00 ALBA
- Arms: EL-PA-00 ALBA
- Bipedal Legs: EL-PL-00 ALBA
Regain Control of the Xylem – ALLMIND (Alea Iacta Est ending in New Game++)
- Coral Missile Launcher: IB-C03W3: NGI 006
- Coral Shield: IB-C03W4: NGI 028
2. Narrative Content And Gameplay Variation Reward
- The Second, and arguably most significant reward, is the varying narrative content players will experience depending on the paths they choose. This includes unique mission objectives, interactions, and storyline developments tied to the key players in the game.
Can You Replay Divergent Decision Mission In Armored Core 6?
No, once a player selects and completes a Decision Mission in Armored Core 6, the unchosen mission(s) will disappear from the Sortie menu, and the player won’t be able to play the alternate mission path within the same playthrough. The consequences of the chosen Decision Mission are set for that playthrough.
However, players can revisit these decisions and experience alternate paths by starting a new game or progressing to New Game+ modes, where they’ll encounter the Decision Missions again and can make different choices.
Is There A Good Or Bad Choice Of Decision Missions?
There is no good or bad choice when it comes to the Armored Core 6 Decision Missions. Instead, these missions provide divergent paths in the game’s narrative, allowing players to make choices that align with their gameplay preferences, narrative interests, or desired allegiances.
The emphasis is on players and the different narrative branches and consequences that arise from their choices. Each Decision Mission in AC6 has its own set of narrative consequences, rewards, and challenges, but none are framed as morally right or wrong based on my experience so far in Armored Core 6.
The choices largely determine the type of mercenary the player wishes to be and the allegiances they form or break within the game’s world.
In conclusion, the Decision Missions in Armored Core 6 are instrumental in enhancing player agency, offering a dynamic gaming experience where choices matter. By presenting diverse narrative paths, aligning with different key players, and providing unique in-game rewards, these missions encapsulate the essence of strategic gameplay, making every decision crucial to the unfolding saga and its myriad outcomes.
- Armored Core 6: All Editions
- Armored Core 6: Does It Support Crosspla?
- Armored Core 6: Does It Have Co-op Mode
- Armored Core 6: How To Use And Get OST Chips
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍