Among the significant mechanics shared by FromSoftware thus far, one of the core gameplay elements they introduced was the Armored Core 6 OST Chips. Similar to previous Armored Core titles, these OST (or Operating System Tuning) chips help boost your mech’s performance in several ways, making it much more effective during combat.
How Do OST Chips Work In Armored Core 6?
As mentioned, OST Chips are one of your primary progression-based items, providing several critical enhancements to your mech’s OS, which hosts all your gear and abilities. These enhancements can be extensions, system unlocks, or core expansions, ranging from improving offense, defense, healing, mobility, and other combat-oriented stats.
- Each unlockable upgrade from OST Chips will have distinct requirements, and you can equip or unequip some of the upgrades you get from the OS Tuning menu.
- This allows for better command over your mech, where you can customize certain aspects like damage and attack control for each hand and shoulder weapon.
- You can also spend OST Chips to upgrade and unlock variations of certain upgrades, like the Assault Armor, which includes a defensive and offensive armor variant.
- Of course, you can only equip one of these variants from the aforementioned Tuning menu.
- Furthermore, people are also speculating that you can refund some of these removable OST upgrades.
How To Unlock OST Chips In Armored Core 6?
Like older Armored Core games, the common method to find OST Chips in AC6 is by completing missions in the Arena. The Arena is like a battleground where you face challenging AI mechs in a 1v1 duel, and winning these duels will reward you with OST Chips, opponent AC data, and opponent emblems. Depending on the game length, you might also encounter new mech to fight.
- Each Arena battle will display the mech you fight beforehand, listing their background, strengths, weaknesses, and the rewards you’ll get from beating them.
- Furthermore, you’ll also earn a currency called COAM which you can use to buy attachments like Legs, weapons, boosters, and so on.
- Besides that, optional side objectives within in-game missions are another way to get OST Chips alongside discoverable weapons and other content.
That wraps up this brief guide on the Armored Core 6 OST Chips, detailing what they are and how you can collect them. With resources and mechanics as valuable as these chips, it’s better to get an idea beforehand so you know where to use them efficiently. Be sure to check out this Subreddit Post to gain further insight into some of the OS upgrades you can obtain. Other than that, learn about AC6’s Co-op mode to see if you can challenge other players as well.
Image Credits: Bandai Namco Entertainment America
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍