Sports video games capture the spirit of the professional players involved in various games. PlayStation 5 is immensely powerful hardware, and the raw graphical potential of the console allows extra room for developers to experiment & deliver the best PS5 sports games possible. Our guide lists 25 sports games that you should play in 2023 if you’re into sports video games.
- The feeling of excitement, competitiveness, thrill, adrenaline rush, and heart-pounding moments are what players enjoy in the Sports Game Genre.
- If you’re a fan of Sports Games, then there are a bunch of titles that you should try out, these include:
- Gran Turismo 7: This is one of the best sports games due to its stunning graphics and visuals. The plethora of cars, tracks, and races for players to choose from.
- OlliOlli World: A Skateboarding game that has a really distinctive 2.5D art style making it very pleasing to the eye. Not only that but the game also has a plethora of customizations for your character making them unique.
- Tony Hawks Pro Skater 1 & 2: The game has stunning graphics and visuals when played on the next-gen PS5 console. These games have been remastered making them way better than their previous versions with better graphics, visuals, more challenges, etc.
- MLB The Show 21, NBA 2K23, FIFA 22, GRID Legends, and F1 2021 are some of the other sports games worth checking out.
Here is a quick look at the Best Sports Games on PS5:
|Tennis World Tour 2||September 24,||Big Ant Studios||PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, Xbox Series X and Series S, and Amazon Luna|
|Tour de France 2022||Jun 9, 2022||Cyanide Studio||PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Xbox Series X and Series S|
|Lonely Mountains: Downhill||October 22, 2019||Megagon Industries||Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox Cloud Gaming, PC, Linux, and Mac operating systems|
|Session: Skate Sim||September 22, 2022||Crea-ture Studios||PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, PC, and Xbox Series X and Series S|
|Cursed To Golf||August 18, 2022||Chuhai Labs||Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Xbox Series X and Series S|
|Cricket 22||October 22, 2021||Big Ant Studios||Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, PC, Xbox Series X and Series S, and Xbox Cloud Gaming|
|Knockout City||May 21, 2021||Velan Studios||Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and Series S, and PC|
|PGA TOUR 2K21||August 21, 2020||HB Studios||Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Google Stadia|
|WWE 2K22||March 11, 2022||Visual Concepts||PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and Series S, and PC|
|WRC 9||November 19, 2020||Kylotonn||Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Xbox Series X and Series S|
|NHL 22||October 15, 2021||EA Vancouver||PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X and Series S|
|MXGP 2020||December 16, 2020||Milestone||PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Xbox Series X and Series S|
|Riders Republic||October 28, 2021||Ubisoft Annecy||PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and Series PC, Google Stadia, and Amazon Luna|
|WRC 10||August 31, 2021||Kylotonn||PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Xbox Series X and Series S|
|EA Sports UFC 4||August 14, 2020||EA Vancouver and EA Canada||PlayStation 4 and Xbox One|
|DIRT 5||November 19, 2020||Codemasters Cheshire||PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox Cloud Gaming, PC, Google Stadia, Xbox Series X and Series S, and Amazon Luna|
|Madden NFL 22||August 20, 2021||EA Tiburon||Xbox One, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X and Series S, PC, and Google Stadia|
|F1 2021||July 16, 2021||Codemasters||PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox Cloud Gaming, PC, and Xbox Series X and Series S|
|GRID Legends||February 25, 2022||Codemasters||PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, Meta Quest 2, and Xbox Series X and Series S, macOS|
|FIFA 22||September 27, 2021||EA Vancouver and EA Romania||PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and Series S, Google Stadia, and PC|
|NBA 2K23||September 9, 2022||Visual Concepts||PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X and Series S, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Apple Arcade, and PC|
|MLB The Show 21||April 20, 2021||San Diego Studio||PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X and Series S|
|Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 & 2||March 26, 2021||Vicarious Visions||Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and Series S, and PC|
|OlliOlli World||February 8, 2022||Roll7||PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, PC, and Xbox Series X and Series S|
|Gran Turismo 7||March 4, 2022||Polyphony Digital||PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4|
25. Tennis World Tour 2
- Developer: Big Ant Studios
- Release Date: 24 Sep, 2020
Even the finest tennis video games can’t really convey how complicated the real game is, despite the fact that they’re usually a lot of fun. Tour 2 has been given a fresh start in the form of a next-generation Complete Edition for the PlayStation 5 and the Xbox Series X, which is a significant step forward from the game’s first release.
The Career Mode of Tennis World Tour 2 is where most of your time will be spent since it allows you to create a unique player and guide them toward a Grand Slam victory. The career mode is as challenging since it tasks players with bringing an up-and-comer to the level of a superstar.
You will gradually advance in your profession by gaining a reputation and signing with new agencies. These new agents will provide you with performance boosts such as improved strength or higher experience points. Because of this, playing the game might seem quite addicting, as you’ll need to strategize in advance to guarantee that you’re in the best possible form to compete in the events that you desire to accomplish.
The game does a good job of simulating what it’s like to play tennis, and there are a lot of different players and courts to pick from. Even if there are certain graphics, mechanics, and visual style choices that are clumsy, the overall vibe of the game is superb. Sure, the presentation isn’t consistent, and there are some uncomfortable moments.
- Tennis World Tour 2 is the perfect game for players that love Tennis.
- There are a lot of different modes for you to play in Tennis World Tour 2 that feature a lot of content.
- The career mode in the game features a lot of content and allows you to play around with a decently in-depth experience point system.
- The crowds and other background visuals of Tennis World Tour 2 look great.
- There are new arenas and tournaments added in Tennis World Tour 2, which are a delight to play.
- The improvements Tennis World Tour 2 has made on the next-gen consoles are not enough and feel very lackluster.
- While the crowds look great in Tennis World Tour 2, the game fails to focus on them.
- The AI in Tennis World Tour 2 is awful and does some incredibly unnatural and predictable movements.
- There is a severe lack of customization options in Tennis World Tour 2.
24. Tour de France 2022
- Developer: Cyanide Studio
- Release Date: 9 Jun, 2022
The finest sports games provide a ton of different things to play. The Tour de France 2022 has an abundance of different alternatives. You will have the opportunity to compete in all 21 stages of the Tour de France 2022 as your preferred professional cycling team.
There are not many cycling games, let alone ones that feature a marathon race. Even though the audience and gameplay list are shy for this video game genre, Tour de France 2022 is the Best Sports Game On PS5 for all cycling enthusiasts.
Additionally, the need for a means to compete against other players online has been addressed with the addition of a new mode called Race of the Moment.
You have the power to decide who passes the screening process and how your team will be specialized. As part of the new mode, you will compete against other artificial intelligence in an effort to clock the quickest time possible and earn the top spot on a community-wide scoreboard.
In the Tour de France 2022, the restrictions and the strategy for approaching a race have not been significantly altered in any significant way. This might have been a nightmare to play, what with the variety of strategies to use, the beverages to consume, avoiding the wind, and so on and so forth.
The game’s general mechanics were already quite successful and sophisticated enough to allow for a significant amount of strategy when they were tested in the prequel.
- The visual design of Tour de France 2022 is incredible, which makes the game incredibly immersive.
- There are a lot of realistic stages in Tour de France 2022 that bring the game world to life.
- The UI in Tour de France 2022 is very good, as it is very easy to navigate and understand while looking great.
- Tour de France 2022 features diverse gameplay that is incredibly satisfying.
- There is a huge variety of unique modes in Tour de France 2022, which makes sure you do not run out of content quickly.
- The controls of Tour de France 2022 feel great and are very responsive.
- While the visual design of Tour de France 2022 is great, the graphics are outdated and can feel a bit underwhelming.
- Many players believe that there have not been a lot of changes made to Tour de France 2022 compared to its predecessor, which does not justify it being a sequel.
- Tour de France 2022 is not optimized very well, with several crashes and bugs that can interfere with your gameplay.
23. Lonely Mountains: Downhill
- Developer: Megagon Industries
- Release Date: October 22, 2019
The name of this game, Lonely Mountains: Downhill, tells you all you need to know right there in the title. You descend quiet mountains by making minute modifications to the trajectory of the bike and either following dirt roads or deviating off the road to carve routes through boulders and trees. It is essential that you ride your bike down a number of mountains in order to win this competition.
You do not need to complete each race in the quickest time possible in order to unlock any of the tracks. You begin with an exploratory run at the bottom of every new route you unlock. There are no difficulties other than reaching the bottom of the path. To advance, you often need to do nothing more than staying alive long enough to avoid dying a considerable number of times.
When you unlock a new bike, the courses will feel fresh and challenging, and previously inaccessible off-road shortcuts will suddenly appear within your reach, thanks to improved suspension and wider tires. This game is so pleasant because it strikes the ideal mix between swiftness and elegance in its play.
Regardless of your preferences, the riding physics are there to be marveled at as you feel the effect of everything that is connected to both your back and the track. The game has a straightforward objective that is carried out really well, and it has accurate controls and difficulty that is just right.
- Lonely Mountains: Downhill is an amazing game to experience on the Nintendo Switch because the vibration on the Joycons feels amazing.
- There is a very distinct visual aesthetic in Lonely Mountains: Downhill, which makes it stand out from other sports games.
- There is a wide variety of distinctive bikes that you can pick, with each bike having its own unique skills.
- Lonely Mountains: Downhill features a leaderboard that allows you to see how fast you have completed a track compared to other players.
- You get rewarded for having good execution and skill in Lonely Mountains: Downhill.
- The physics in Lonely Mountains: Downhill is not the best.
- The steering can feel a bit awkward sometimes because the camera does not stay focused on your bike all the time.
- The challenges that require you to reach the bottom of a mountain without crashing can be a bit frustrating.
- Sprinting in Lonely Mountains: Downhill can be a bit inconsistent and might not work in places you need it to.
22. Session: Skate Sim
- Developer: Crea-ture Studios
- Release Date: 22 September 2022
For some reason, I think Session Skate Sim is the level 99 difficulty version of Tony Hawks Pro Skater video game. Yes, we get it that this is a sim game and the control mechanics are much more immersive and responsive, but this excellent gameplay element is sometimes the harsh one as well. Regardless, all pro skateboard players will surely find this title at the top of their Sports Game On PS5 list.
Session: Skate Sim is indisputably the experience that comes the closest to replicating what it feels like to skate in the real world. The game has a very steep learning curve right from the beginning, and you should anticipate that it will put your patience to the test on occasion.
When you do succeed in completing your objective in Session, just as in the majority of other tough video games, you are rewarded with a great feeling of fulfillment, each analog stick corresponds to one of your feet—either your front or rear foot.
The tutorial does an excellent job of walking you through the fundamentals of the game so that you can get started right away. The sticks are moved by flipping, turning, or spinning them in order to do the tricks.
- It is incredibly satisfying and rewarding to overcome a challenge or obstacle in Session: Skate Sim.
- The controls in Session: Skate Sim are incredibly satisfying because of the way the inputs are laid out on a controller.
- Doing skating tricks in Session: Skate Sim is one of the most gratifying things in the game.
- Session: Skate Sim features a decent amount of challenge, which feels very rewarding.
- All of the areas in Session: Skate Sim look just like their real-life counterparts.
- The level design in Session: Skate Sim is executed very well.
- Session: Skate Sim features a very distinct Lofi soundtrack that makes the skating much better.
- You cannot play Session: Skate Sim with a mouse or keyboard on your PC.
- The tutorial in Session: Skate Sim is very bad and can confuse a lot of the new players.
- There is no explanation for the tricks you have to do in a mission, which can be incredibly frustrating.
- The dialogue in Session: Skate Sim is not the best and feels very predictable and unnatural.
- The overall writing in Session: Skate Sim is very clumsy and does not feel like it has too much depth.
21. Cursed To Golf
- Developer: Chuhai Labs
- Release Date: August 18, 2022
The times in Cursed to Golf in which you realize whole new methods to complete stages more quickly and effectively are where the game’s real charm lies. This is not your average golf simulation video game. This is both the most challenging and original take on the traditional golf format. In contrast to the vast majority of other golf video games, this one manages to reflect the natural splendor of the real thing accurately.
Players are only allowed a certain number of strokes to finish each hole in their round. Your layer will be eliminated as soon as they run out of strokes. Despite the fact that you are practically imprisoned in hell, the tone of Cursed to Golf is cheerful, the banter is humorous, and the tale is really rather pleasant.
Players will have to destroy sculptures that are strategically placed around each course in order to win more strokes. On the surface, the gameplay elements of Cursed to Golf seem to be rather simple.
The unpredictable layout of each level in Cursed to Golf strikes an excellent mix between challenge and reward. There are certain disappointments associated with some of the game design choices, despite the fact that the majority of the game’s unique takes on the concept are successful.
The gameplay in Cursed to Golf is very delightful, and the visuals and sound design are also quite pleasing to the senses. Players are going to really like Cursed to Golf despite its severe difficulty, and they won’t want to put it down until the fatality rate has been readjusted.
- There is a good amount of depth in the gameplay of Cursed to Golf.
- While Cursed to Golf is a difficult game, it still manages to feel very relaxing and comfortable to play.
- Cursed to Golf does a great job of representing real-life golf while adding its unique spin to the sport.
- The art style and character designs of Cursed to Golf are very attractive and stand out from other games.
- Cursed to Golf has action cards that allow you to experiment with your playstyle and add another layer of depth to the gameplay.
- The golf gameplay is executed flawlessly and feels very satisfying.
- The roguelike aspect of Cursed to Golf can be incredibly frustrating for some players and make the game unnecessarily difficult.
- Cursed to Golf does not do a great job of convincing you to play the game once you have beaten it once.
- The camera can be a bit too restrictive in Cursed to Golf and you cannot see a lot of your shot arc.
- Cursed to Golf seems to get more frustrating as you progress further into the game.
20. Cricket 22
- Developer: Big Ant Studios
- Release Date: December 2021
For some time now, Big Ant Studios has been the one to take on the challenge of developing quality cricket video games, and Cricket 22 is one of such title. In the competitive arena of sports simulations, Cricket 22 faces stiff competition. It would not be reasonable to compare this to the National Football League, Major League Baseball, or any other sport.
While Big Ant Studios have come a long way by developing a series of Cricket video games, Cricket 22 is so far the Best Sports Game On PS5 that they have developed.
Cricket 22 is a good and engaging game, despite the fact that it has more than a few rough spots here and there. There isn’t the same sense of arcade that you get from playing other sports simulations in Cricket 22. The Big Ant Studios Cricket games are known for their consistently high quality in both the visual and audio design departments.
However, everything is bland, monotonous, and lifeless as you go outside of the pitch. The playing fields and stadiums come across as unimpressive and devoid of detail, while the spectators and features in the backdrop, particularly those farther away, seem rough and muddy.
When it comes to the on-pitch action, such as difficult bowling situations and the process of making batting choices, Cricket 22 provides a far superior experience.
There is no question that Cricket 22 has a better overall feel than Cricket 19, and because of this, it is now the most popular cricket video game available. Cricket enthusiasts who give this game a try won’t be let down, as it’s easily one of the greatest sports games available for the PlayStation 5 and is included in our guide to the system.
- Cricket 22 does a great job of adapting the cricket sport and its directive into the game.
- The optimization of Cricket 22 is great, as the frame rate always stays consistent and there are no glitches.
- You do not need huge specs on your system to run Cricket 22.
- The controls of Cricket 22 are simple enough for a new player to understand while also having a decent amount of depth to them.
- There is a very long and in-depth tutorial in Cricket 22 that does a great job of introducing new players to the game.
- Players that are fans of the Cricket sport will adore Cricket 22.
- The developers of Cricket 22 did not put a lot of budget towards the making of Cricket 22.
- The matches in Cricket 22 can take forever, which can turn away a lot of the new players.
- Cricket 22 does not have an original soundtrack, which can be a bit disappointing.
- The commentators in Cricket 22 are awful and fail to show any sort of excitement toward the match.
- The graphics of Cricket 22 can look a bit outdated when compared to modern games.
19. Knockout City
- Developer: Velan Studios
- Release Date: May 21, 2021
The sport of dodgeball has been adapted for use in an online battler called Knockout City and now features a variety of acrobatic passes. The game has methods and tactics that seem simple at first glance but may sneak up on you. You will be paired up with either two or three other players, depending on the mode that you choose, and your objective will be to score as many points as possible in order to remove members of the other side.
Knockout City has an allure that is difficult to refute. It is possible to charge up a speedier variant of the basic toss. If you want to be successful in league play, you will need to make strategic use of the actions you have available to you and become an expert with them. The ability to make the right decision is considerably more important than being accurate during a duel.
Although Knockout City is a very well-balanced game, its controls and game mechanics may be difficult to master, which can make the game seem overwhelming at times. Some of the most sophisticated methods provide a tremendous deal of depth, which players with high levels of ability may learn to master and display.
In terms of design, the art direction required some getting accustomed to before it seemed natural. One of the greatest team-based player-versus-player games to come out in recent years is Knockout City. The game has a variety of rotating game modes that are reshuffled once every week and provide fascinating twists to the standard gameplay rules.
- There is a lot of depth in the gameplay of Knockout City and a proper skill ceiling.
- You have to outplay your opponents with your skill to win matches, which makes Knockout City feel incredibly rewarding.
- Knockout City has a very unique art style, with a distinct aesthetic that reeks of delinquency.
- You need to strategize with your team if you want to win, which promotes coordination and teamwork.
- The gameplay of Knockout City is incredibly unique and executed very well.
- As Knockout City is a rare Dodgeball game, it is perfect for players that are fans of Dodgeball.
- There is a good variety of arenas in Knockout City, with each arena having its own unique challenges.
- The mouse cursor in Knockout City is not executed well, as it feels very awkward and inconsistent.
- The player base of Knockout City has dwindled throughout its release.
- There is a severe lack of dev support in Knockout City.
- Knockout City will be getting shut down in June, which will make the game unplayable as it is exclusively online.
18. PGA TOUR 2K21
- Developer: HB Studios
- Release Date: August 21, 2020
With reworked features and adjustments to the game’s mechanics, PGA Tour 2K21 intends to play more like EA’s discontinued golf game series. The most important and enjoyable elements of the gameplay have, for the most part, been kept intact. The most significant alteration to the gameplay is the action that is performed again and over again.
This game’s incredible course creator is, by far, the most enjoyable component of the experience that also makes it the great Sports Game On PS5, dominating all golf sports games on the list. The course designer and database in PGA Tour 2K21 will shortly be populated with user-created courses after the game’s release.
It provides the most authentic and unadulterated representation of golf gameplay ever seen in a video game. The visuals don’t have to be of the highest possible quality to enjoy a round of golf. However, one of the first things that most gamers will notice will be the archaic aesthetics.
This iteration of the game’s career mode is more engaging than the last, thanks to increased reliance on the official license and improved personalization options. The single-player experience that gamers have been longing for throughout the series’ existence is very reminiscent of the single-player career mode.
On the other hand, the game’s unremarkable career mode, a short roster of licensed golfers, and dated visuals push it closer to the middle of the pack than above it. However, for the most part, PGA Tour 2K21 does an excellent job at recreating the strange and unique enchantment of the sport of golf.
- PGA Tour 2K21 massively improved the gameplay compared to its predecessor.
- Every character in PGA Tour 2K21 has unique timings and features, which brings more diversity to the game.
- The swing animations in PGA Tour 2K21 are great, as they look very realistic and satisfying.
- The graphics in PGA Tour 2K21 look great.
- There is an endless amount of courses in PGA Tour 2K21, with new courses constantly being added to the game.
- Both players that are casual and competitive can enjoy PGA Tour 2K21 to its max potential.
- There are a lot of ads in PGA Tour 2K21, which can be very annoying considering the game is not free.
- Offline game modes in PGA Tour 2K21 still require you to be connected to a consistent internet connection.
- There are several bugs present in PGA Tour 2K21 that can ruin a lot of your gameplay and force you to start over.
17. WWE 2K22
- Developer: Visual Concepts
- Release Date: March 11, 2022
The WWE 2K series, much like other sports video game brands, releases a new installment each year with some small tweaks and a roster that has been kept up to date. The fact that WWE 2K22 was developed without being constrained by a strict annual release schedule demonstrates the many advantages that can be gained from such an approach.
Due to the considerable amount of negative feedback received about WWE 2K20, 2K Sports made the decision to scrap their plans for developing WWE 2K21. After that, the business gave the development team permission to redirect their attention to working on WWE 2K22 instead.
When it comes to the game modes, “MyCareer” has been renamed “MyRise,” and it allows you to build a male or female superstar that you can advance up the levels of the organization with. On the other hand, it is just as intolerable, with awkward language and lengthy cutscenes that cannot be skipped, which drag it down.
The additional year spent on production has been very beneficial, and at this point, our best hope is that the series will not go back to its traditional release cycle of once per year. On the other hand, there are a few major flaws in the game that prevent it from becoming the shining star among WWE 2K22’s game types.
- WWE 2K22 has massively improved upon almost every single aspect of its predecessor.
- You get introduced to WWE 2K22 quickly, as the tutorials are amazing and feature some great humor along with the WWE superstar Drew Gulak.
- The grappling in WWE 2K22 is one of the biggest improvements from its predecessor and makes the wrestling gameplay much more diverse.
- WWE 2K22 features a wide variety of famous WWE superstars that are a delight to play as.
- You can create your own WWE superstar through the character creation in WWE 2K22.
- WWE 2K22 is executed flawlessly, as the game has a keen resemblance to modern wrestling but in a video game.
- There are way too many loading screens spread throughout WWE 2K22 that can waste a lot of your time.
- You might encounter several bugs and glitches in WWE 2K22 that can interfere with your gameplay.
- The only features of WWE 2K22 can be a bit frustrating because you are likely to experience frequent lag issues.
16. WRC 9
- Developer: Kylotonn
- Release Date: 19 November 2020
The WRC 9 is one of the most difficult competitions for drivers to compete in. When it comes to video games that include racing, rally racing is a kind of high-stakes competition that a lot of gamers want to simulate. Over the last several years, the WRC series of rally games have developed a strong reputation for presenting what is often considered to be the most authentic portrayal of the sport.
WRC 9 is an outstanding starting point for anybody interested in the series. The game’s goal is to simulate the action that takes place in the actual world, and in this regard, it is successful. Although it may not have the same degree of accessibility as F1 2020, the simpler levels offer a more forgiving atmosphere.
The Career Mode is the centerpiece of the single-player experience in WRC 9, and it is in this mode that the game demonstrates the full potential of its official license. In career mode, artificial intelligence (AI) may be tweaked to compensate before each event, although it takes some trial and error to establish the optimal range of difficulty.
WRC 9 is an excellent rally simulator that runs even more smoothly on this platform than it does on any other. The way in which the game makes use of the haptic feedback technology that is offered by DualSense is truly what steals the show in this respect. The game has a fantastic stage design and a pleasing handling style, all of which combine to make the game incredibly accessible to players at the novice level.
- WRC 9 features a photo mode that can be incredibly fun to mess around with.
- WRC 9 looks incredibly stunning on the next-gen consoles, with beautiful landscapes and graphics that take your breath away.
- The car physics in WRC 9 are very realistic and make the gameplay much more satisfying.
- If you have a steering wheel you can use to play racing games, then WRC 9 is the perfect game for you.
- There is a wide variety of unique tracks in WRC 9, with each track having its own atmosphere that gives you a fresh experience.
- The career mode in WRC 9 is highly detailed and has a lot of content you can engage yourself with.
- While WRC 9 looks great on the next-gen consoles, the Switch version of the game looks awful and pales in comparison.
- The controls of WRC 9 on a switch can be very inconsistent.
- There is a massive input delay on the switch version of the game, which is especially bad when steering.
- WRC 9 is not optimized very well, as you might experience a lot of different crashing issues when trying to launch the game.
15. NHL 22
- Developer: EA Vancouver
- Release Date: October 15, 2021
The NHL Series of video games often falls into the same development rut that coincides with the release of new titles on an annual basis. On the other hand, NHL 22 makes the terrible mistake of putting all of its focus on the best players in the league in order to improve the gameplay of all of its modes.
The new engine will be the first thing that senior players in the NHL will notice when they check it out. The National Hockey League (NHL) has at long last made the transition to EA’s Frostbite engine and the next generation of platforms.
The new game engine brings about significant improvements in a variety of aspects, such as lighting, and adds richness to the environment of each and every arena. New motions for free throws and defending are a welcome addition, and the game now has likenesses of even more real-world players.
The greater resolution seems to just assist in adding another degree of immersion, which was previously unobtainable in earlier editions. Better lighting, more consistent enhancements, and ice that looks more natural have all contributed to the visuals appearing better than they ever have before.
It’s still frustrating that NHL’s Be A Pro mode doesn’t make more use of the game’s existing mechanics. When everything is taken into account, as well as when other sports video games are taken into consideration, it is reasonable to conclude that this is an exciting moment to be a player and a lover of hockey.
- The graphics in NHL 22 look incredibly stunning and do a great job of utilizing the max potential of the next-gen consoles.
- NHL 22 can be very easy to access for all kinds of players.
- A new gameplay mechanic called the Superstar X-factor ability has been added to NHL 22.
- The physics for your hockey sticks has been greatly improved in NHL 22, allowing for more realistic matches.
- The passes in NHL 22 look awful, as they are always done with a slight angle that is very unnatural.
- There have been very few changes made to NHL 22 compared to its predecessor, which makes NHL 22 feel like a quick cash grab.
- While the graphics look great, the facial expressions of the players are horrible, especially in closer shots.
14. MXGP 2020
- Developer: Milestone
- Release Date: 30 November 2021
MXGP 2020 has a number of different game modes and a respectable amount of customizing options. You are immediately thrown into the action during the opening race of the series, and the rumbling rumble of motocross motors drifting around you can be heard. If you had a good time at MXGP 2019, you should have a good idea of what to expect at MXGP 2020 when you actually go out on the circuits.
The physics of MXGP 2020 are not objectively superior; rather, they are only a little bit different. The game’s physics regularly acts erratically on slopes, and there is plenty of obstacles that are unseen to the player. The motocross video game MXGP 2020 is just as difficult as it is fun to play, but players will need to have a fast grasp on the game’s physics engine if they want to be able to navigate all of the game’s complexities.
In general, MXGP 2020 is a thrilling racing game that successfully prevents itself from being wholly incomprehensible to first-time players. MXGP 2020 has taken significant leaps ahead in terms of both its controls and its load times, so the game does seem new when played on PlayStation 5.
Despite the fact that reoccurring issues are still present, Milestone’s MXGP 2020 is the new pinnacle of their licensed racing series. The Track editor is still a fun game option to play, and many of the tracks are a lot of fun to play because to the immersive quality of the haptic feedback.
- There are a lot of different modes in MXGP 2020 that you can engage yourself with, and each mode has a decent amount of content.
- The gameplay in MXGP 2020 feels very close to an arcade, which many classic arcade fans will love.
- The physics in MXGP 2020 has been greatly improved compared to its predecessors, allowing for a more realistic gameplay experience.
- MXGP 2020 has been optimized greatly, with very few frame rates or visual problems.
- The haptic feedback that you get on a PlayStation 5 is utilized to its max potential in MXGP 2020, as it allows you to physically feel the track.
- There is a lack of a first-person perspective in MXGP 2020, which some players might not like.
- The custom track creation has been removed in MXGP 2020, which is a massive disappointment.
- The third-person camera of MXGP 2020 is horrible and can be very awkward sometimes.
- The photo mode has not seen any improvements at all in MXGP 2020 compared to its predecessor.
13. Riders Republic
- Developer: Ubisoft Annecy
- Release Date: October 28, 2021
If you have played any of the video games in either The Crew or Forza Horizon series, you will be extremely familiar with the framework that is used in Riders Republic. Players will have the opportunity to seek items, compete in spectacular races and trick competitions, take part in exciting open-world exploration, and gain better equipment.
The Riders Republic is the true definition of extreme sports, which also makes it the Best Sports Game On PS5 if you want to experience the crazy adrenaline rush via paragliding, riding a bike on mountains & much more.
There are a total of five different jobs to choose from in Riders Republic, including air races, snow races, bike races, and bike tricks. The situations in which you will use them may be just as diverse, tossing you down dozens of mountainsides with a variety of objectives to keep things interesting.
Riders Republic’s multiplayer mode, Riders Republic Mass Races, are frantic, over-the-top events that showcase the game at its best. Mass Races are a completely another kettle of fish altogether. This game begins with an announcement that is broadcast to the whole server, requesting that all players immediately stop what they are doing and participate.
It would seem that organizing a competition with 64 participants, all taking part at the same time, is not a simple endeavor to carry out. In spite of several flaws, though, Riders Republic is an extreme sports video game that is exciting, user-friendly, and packed with a huge variety of content.
- All of the bikes, skis, and wingsuits are unlocked soon after you finish the tutorial rather than being locked away behind long hours of progression.
- Riders Republic has a good amount of variety in the events.
- There is also an option to switch to first-person mode while racing on bikes.
- There is a lack of a proper story or career mode in Riders Republic, which may be a big turn-off for some players.
- The controls can feel very awkward or stiff, which can take away from the adrenaline of playing an extreme sports game.
- Some of the dialogues and commentary in Riders Republic can feel very forced.
12. WRC 10
- Developer: Kylotonn
- Release Date: March 29, 2022
While earlier WRC games made an effort to be accurate, they often fell short in the areas of physics and handling. WRC 10 has none of these problems to contend with. Over the last several years, video game developer Kylotonn has been working to capture the excitement of the World Rally Championship (WRC) as closely as possible. WRC 10 is the most current installment in this ongoing series.
WRC 10 is here, and it brings with it the most nostalgic material that the developer KT Racing has ever included in their series. A new game option is available in the game, and it has vehicles and tracks that span the last fifty years of rally racing background.
You may choose your entrance point in Career mode based on how satisfied you are in your abilities, which is where most individuals will invest most of their time in the game. Because of the extensive career mode, this game is the most exciting and, to some extent, the most challenging official WRC game to date.
When it comes to content, the WRC 10 has pretty much everything that somebody might desire. The game is a lot of fun, but there are certain things to keep in mind about the quantity of new material compared to the one from last year’s offering.
It is wonderful to be able to appreciate such a diverse choice of automobiles, and there is a fair selection of historic rally cars available to pick from spanning many decades. The cars have a solid yet dynamic feel to them and taking risks while driving has the same potential benefits and drawbacks as it would in the real world. We are able to place any vehicle, whether it be current or antique, on any stage, thanks to WRC 10.
The WRC 10 is an excellent rally package that improves upon many of the WRC 9’s qualities and brings out their full potential.
- The graphics in WRC 10 are very beautiful, as there is a good amount of detail in the environments.
- WRC 10 has a lot of variety when it comes to the stages, which adds to the replay value of the game.
- WRC 10 is designed to work flawlessly on a steering wheel and pedal setup.
- The career mode in WRC 10 is designed very well and has a decent amount of content that does a good job of engaging you.
- WRC 10 features a dynamic weather and time system, which adds a massive layer of immersion to the game.
- WRC 10 allows you to pick from a wide variety of cars, with cars from many old WRC games making a return.
- The rear-wheel drive cars have awful physics and take away from the immersion of WRC 10.
- Some of the stages in WRC 10 feel like they have been copy-pasted from older WRC games.
- Most of the cars in WRC 10 have the same type of gameplay, which makes the game feel less diverse.
- Some of the most essential skills in WRC 10 are sealed behind a skill tree.
- The sound design of WRC 10 is horrible, with most of the cars sounding very artificial.
11. EA Sports UFC 4
- Developer: EA Vancouver
- Release Date: August 14, 2020
The newest mixed martial arts (MMA) combat game from EA is called UFC 4, and its release could not have arrived at a better moment. In contrast to UFC 3, you have the option of either picking a fast bout or going straight into the Career mode. When you’re in a fight, every punch and kick seems like it has an amazing amount of weight behind it, and it’s quite exciting to make contact with your opponent.
In the Career mode, you will construct a fighter who is essentially you but in better form, and you will choose between boxing, kickboxing, and wrestling as the discipline from which you will build your skills. The UFC game format is not actually changed in a lot of intriguing ways by UFC 4, but it is still the Best Sports Game On PS5 under the UFC series that has been released so far.
The difficulty of the controls gives you a lot of room for personal expression during battle, and the whole experience has a strong feeling of realism to it. You now have a much simpler control scheme to utilize during transitions on the ground, but you still have the option to use the control scheme from UFC 3.
You can expect a quality UFC title from EA, and that’s exactly what you get with UFC 4. The game is an improvement over its predecessor, UFC 3. It provides a lot better and more unified online experience, as well as a better method for upgrading your generated fighters, in addition to a lot of other benefits. However, many of the alterations are modest, which makes this matter less important than it otherwise could be.
- EA Sports UFC 4 is very accessible to new players who are not familiar with the sport.
- The hits in EA Sports UFC 4 feel like they have a lot of weight behind them, which makes the hits very satisfying to land.
- EA Sports UFC 4 features very realistic and adaptive commentary that goes very in-depth and reacts to the situations in real-time.
- The overall gameplay in EA Sports UFC 4 feels incredibly satisfying, as it is fast-paced and fluid.
- The physics in EA Sports UFC 4 resemble real UFC fights and add a lot of immersion to the gameplay.
- The graphics in EA Sports UFC 4 are outdated, which can make them feel very underwhelming.
- There is a lack of both online and offline modes.
- The submission system in EA Sports UFC 4 is designed very horribly and can be very frustrating.
- The career mode of EA Sports UFC 4 is not the best and can get repetitive very quickly.
- You have to grind a lot for the in-game currency, as the rewards are very underwhelming and unforgiving.
10. DIRT 5
- Developer: Codemasters Cheshire
- Release Date: November 19, 2020
The objective of DIRT 5 is for the player to become the most skilled off-road racer possible. The menus, the upbeat music, and the intense racing action are just a few of the aspects that attract your interest immediately upon starting the game. The previous three editions in the Dirt series are not at all comparable to the new game, Dirt 5.
In order to demonstrate their prowess in the dirt style of racing, players will have to travel to various parts of the globe and compete in a wide variety of different tournaments. Most of the time, you will be racing through courses that are constructed out of either ice or dirt. This much is made abundantly evident from the very beginning, as Dirt 5 grabs onto the same ebullient festival emotions that pervaded all of Dirt 2.
The graphics capabilities of DIRT 5 are put to the test on occasion and in a variety of settings. There are certain races that are so breathtakingly beautiful that you will want to pause the action in order to take it all in.
In addition to the normal plethora of online races, there are also a variety of party games to experience in online or with up to four people via split screen, and each of these games has its own unique set of features. In this installment of the series, split-screen competitions are making a comeback, and the game also includes online racing and party activities. Although online races are competitive and entertaining, the whole system is hampered by the absence of searchable lobbies.
The video game DIRT 5 is an incredible game that both looks and sounds great. Because of the nature of the game, you will need to lean forward in your chair in order to really appreciate the sensation of racing rally vehicles from one location to another.
- The graphics in DIRT 5 are very good, especially on a next-gen console.
- DIRT 5 feels more like an arcade simulator with its gameplay.
- The soundtrack in DIRT 5 is incredibly thrilling and does a great job of adding more excitement and personality to the race.
- There is a good amount of variety in the tracks you get in DIRT 5, which allows for greater replay value.
- There are a lot of performance and frame rate issues if you play on the Xbox One S version of DIRT 5.
- DIRT 5 suffers from various bugs and glitches that can sometimes reset your entire progress, which is incredibly frustrating.
- The AI in DIRT 5 is not designed very well and can be incredibly unbalanced sometimes.
9. Madden NFL 22
- Developer: EA Tiburon
- Release Date: August 20, 2021
In practically every aspect of the game, Madden NFL 22 makes significant advancements that are headed in the right way. EA Play provides fans of Madden with a comparable opportunity to play the game themselves before the actual season begins. Because of the incredible work done by the Frostbite engine, Madden NFL 22 has the most stunning visuals of any game in the franchise’s history.
On both offense and defense, the player motions have advanced another stride toward complete and utter realism. The new integration of Next Gen Stats AI is already an upgrade compared to the previous iteration. The artificial intelligence in Madden 22 is driven by data from the NFL’s Next Gen Stats, which results in more dynamic gameplay while playing versus the computer.
At this point, it seems that the most significant drawback is that playing Franchise often causes the game to become unplayable. Thankfully, the other enhancements contribute significantly to an overall improvement in the Franchise experience. The franchise has been updated with fresh tactics to implement each week.
Ultimate Team is also an excellent way to get started playing the game for new players since it walks you through the fundamental scenarios step by step. Both Ultimate Team and The Yard are back; however, the vast majority of their content is carried over from the previous year. Ultimate Team has returned in a significant manner, with an increased number of challenges as well as special player cards.
In general, Madden 22 makes a number of significant advances in the correct direction, with relatively few blunders in the other way. The modifications to the AI make for a fascinating experience, despite the fact that the gameplay doesn’t really move the needle that much mechanically. The momentum does indeed seem genuine, and Ultimate Team is just as captivating as it has always been.
- The franchise mode of Madden NFL 22 is incredibly fun and playing through a season is very absorbing.
- Madden NFL 22 introduces a new gameplay mechanic called the M Factor, which adds another layer of depth to the gameplay.
- Madden NFL 22 has a lot of different mods made by the community that make the game much better.
- The gameplay in Madden NFL 22 is very fun.
- The overall pacing of Madden NFL 22 feels incredibly clunky and unsatisfying.
- The AI in Madden NFL 22 is way too strong at offense and defense, which can be incredibly frustrating to play against.
- There have been very few changes made to Madden NFL 22 compared to its predecessor.
8. F1 2021
- Developer: Codemasters
- Release Date: 16 July 2021
From the way the game is controlled to the extensive variety of gameplay options, Formula One 2021 will continue in the racing tradition of Formula One 2020. covers the Formula One championship for the current season, allowing users to either compete in the actual races or construct their own drivers and teams to compete in the game. F1 2021 has a fairly similar feel to it, despite the fact that it demonstrates a few new moves.
It’s clear that the developers of F1 2021 were inspired by the outstanding games that preceded it. However, this does not imply that Codemasters has not made any progress on their game. Although there are a few new twists here and there, the main experience is one of continuous and steady progression. You can draw some real-world analogies with our two major protagonists, and it’s a rather straightforward method to build drama into the story.
The player will be better prepared for the areas of the game in which they are expected to spend most of their time after completing Braking Point. In the career mode of the game, developers at Codemasters have been putting together a story that has great production values and intense on-track racing action. If you take Formula 1 racing seriously, you may find that Braking Point is excessively aggressive in the other way.
Building on known vehicles and handling, Formula One 2021 is one of the most comprehensive representations of the sport that has ever been made. There is a limit to the amount of variety that may be included in a yearly racing game. The narrative mode provides a pleasant but too simplistic introduction to the competitive nature of the sport. In addition, there is a substantial amount of stuff to take pleasure in outside of the highlighted narrative mode.
- The graphics in F1 2021 are incredible, as they bring out the world of the game with a lot of depth and realism.
- The AI in F1 2021 is programmed very well and can be very fun to play with.
- The sound design of F1 2021 is great, as it features realistic sounds that add to the immersive gameplay experience.
- F1 2021 is very easy to learn for casual players but has enough depth to allow for greater mastery.
- The gameplay in F1 2021 is much improved compared to its predecessor and is very satisfying.
- An entirely new game mode has been introduced in F1 2021 called the Breaking Point.
- F1 2021 is not optimized very well, as many players have reported screen tearing and frame drop issues.
- The developers have removed the important data you could analyze for races, which is a big disappointment.
- The livery editor of F1 2021 is awful and features some very ugly preset customization.
- Some of the most classic cars from the old F1 games have been removed in F1 2021, which makes no sense.
- The online features of F1 2021 are not the best and many players have experienced desync issues online.
7. GRID Legends
- Developer: Codemasters
- Release Date: 25 February 2022
GRID Legends builds upon the preliminary progress achieved in the 2019 version of GRID. The game is ultimately a fun racing game to play through. GRID Legends maintains enough amount of accessible features that are typical of the arcade racing genre to create an atmosphere that is warm and inviting. The game is designed from the ground up to be a spectacle in every aspect.
The narrative mode, which puts GRID Legends in line with other long-running EA Sports & NFS titles, is the game’s strongest feature and easily its greatest part. The Driven to Glory story mode is the most notable new addition, and it has a narrative told in a documentary-like format that is wrapped around a very extensive series of racing competitions.
You will be the driver for each of the game’s 35 distinct racing events if you choose to play in this mode. It does this by using video segments that feature various individuals being interviewed as a connecting connection between the different parts. The player assumes the character of an inexperienced driver working for Seneca Racing as a television crew follows in their footsteps.
Additionally, GRID Legends allows for some degree of character customization. Because of the many personalization choices available, the game may sometimes give the impression of being less of a certain style of racing game and more of a blank canvas for the player to design their own racing experience inside.
In a pinch, the flashback feature may also be used to rewind specific errors and correct them. The actual racing in GRID Legends leans more heavily on the arcade side of things, which is one reason why the game is so popular. The Grid has never quite fit well into either the simulation genre or the arcade gaming genre.
- GRID Legends is a great game to play if you want to relax at the end of a tiring day and have a good time.
- The way GRID Legends handles physics is incredibly intuitive and feels natural.
- The optimization for GRID Legends is amazing, as it manages to run great even on mid-tier PCs.
- The graphics in GRID Legends look great because of the detailed environments and cars.
- GRID Legends offers an incredible sound design that helps brings the race to life with realistic sounds.
- There is a wide variety of unique tracks and classes you can choose from, which gives the game a fresh feel.
- GRID Legends does not feature an open world and instead has closed tracks, which some players might not be used to.
- Some of the cutscenes and dialogue in GRID Legends does not feel like it was written well and can be very cheesy.
- The Career mode of GRID Legends is not designed well and can get repetitive quickly.
- A lot of the major seasons in GRID Legends are locked behind a paywall, which can be a bit frustrating.
6. FIFA 22
- Developer: EA Vancouver, EA Romania
- Release Date: 1 October 2021
Once you’ve mastered a realistic and systematic playing style on the field, FIFA 22 transforms into an excellent football simulation game. The game is the most recent installment in EA Sports’ yearly soccer series, which the company develops and publishes. The fact that FIFA 22 finally captures the feel of a game of genuine football is the highest praise that can be paid to the game.
The HyperMotion Technology has been used to create new animations for the game, and there has been a substantial amount of rewriting done to the functionality of the goalkeepers. Anyone who has been paying attention to the marketing building up to the release of FIFA 22 is aware that the HyperMotion technology is one of the game’s primary selling points. This is why, considering all of the benefits, upgrading to FIFA 22 is a smart investment.
The seasonal challenges that are included in FIFA Ultimate Team will be complimented with a more flexible calendar for player engagement. In Ultimate Team, microtransactions continue to be the most important aspect, and I’m sure you already have your own thoughts and feelings on this topic.
The pace of play in FIFA 22 is notably slower compared to its predecessor. It is not nearly as responsive as I would want, but then again, it does not have to be. This is most likely due to the fact that FIFA 22’s Career Mode has skill trees for players, similar to those seen in role-playing games.
Although FIFA 22 does not need you to pay any money in order to get a large number of benefits, the likelihood of really doing so is low. The gameplay is still quite good, but the flashy aspects of the game make it entertaining to watch. Off the field, there isn’t anything quite as significant, but game types are made more entertaining to play as a result of some modest modifications and new features.
- The graphics in FIFA 22 have been improved a lot compared to its predecessor.
- FIFA 22 has improved the game balance and made the game a lot more fair, leading to less frustration.
- The new HyperMotion technology of FIFA 22 greatly enhances the gameplay experience to create a more realistic football match.
- The career mode in FIFA 22 has been neglected and is not designed very well, which is very disappointing.
- There is a big inconsistency when it comes to fouls in FIFA 22, especially against the AI opponents.
- FIFA Ultimate Team mode is still heavily reliant on micro-transactions and has a very pay-to-win feel.
- The pace of a football game in FIFA 22 has been slowed down immensely, which can make the matches much more boring.
5. NBA 2K23
- Developer: Visual Concepts
- Release Date: September 9, 2022
The size of NBA 2K23 is very massive. The game makes its debut with a substantial amount of historical material and a gaming experience that has been improved. The fact that NBA 2K23 was developed in such a short amount of time makes it an even more outstanding video game than it already was.
NBA series of video games have had yearly releases for quite some time. While the 22 release of the game was not appreciated much by the player base, the NBA 2K23 did check a lot of boxes and provided a quality game fans have been waiting for.
The inclusion of adrenaline boosters below the stamina meter is perhaps the most significant change that has been made this year. Additionally, the game has an extensive library of exciting game types, enhanced gameplay while on the court, and a more immersive social experience. Reimagined Jordan Challenges are making their long-awaited comeback after an absence of more than a decade.
In addition to the surges of adrenaline, the developer has been hard at work developing an almost unimaginable number of animations. All of the game’s most popular features, including lifelike player animations, the industry’s most insightful commentary, and an unrivaled broadcast-style presentation, are back with some remarkable new additions. NBA Eras gives players the chance to experiment with different timelines of NBA history.
The tale that MyPlayer presents is entertaining and fits in seamlessly with The City. Even though it has a solid plot, it might seem like a lot of work at times. NBA 2K23 is still worth playing despite these issues since it has an overwhelming number of gameplay types.
The opportunity to compete against both friends and strangers is yet another major draw of the City. In addition, NBA 2K23’s roster of licensed players is the most extensive ever. Although MyCareer has a lot going for it, it just can’t overcome the invasive nature of its microtransactions.
- NBA 2K23 focuses a lot on smaller details of basketball, making the overall gameplay appear much more polished.
- If you are a basketball fan, then NBA 2K23 is your best option to play a video game about basketball in this modern day.
- The story in MyCareer of NBA 2K23 is pretty good and offers some impactful moments.
- The announcers in NBA 2K23 are great and have a wide variety of voice lines that do not get old.
- The microtransactions in NBA 2K23 are worse than ever because the prices have gone up.
- NBA 2K23 does not have the best AI, as it fails to replicate any sort of human gameplay and feels a bit predictable.
- There have been little to no changes made to NBA 2K23 compared to its predecessor, and it feels like a cheap copy-paste job.
- The next-gen features of NBA 2K23 are not available on the PC version of the game.
4. MLB The Show 21
- Developer: San Diego Studio
- Release Date: April 20, 2021
Baseball has returned, and with it comes the long-awaited release of MLB The Show 21, which not only marks the series’ introduction on PlayStation 5 but also marks its very first appearance on Xbox systems. This is, without a doubt, the most impressive slam dunk in the whole annals of sports betting. There is, without a doubt, a significant improvement to the visuals this year, but this just serves to highlight the consistently high-quality presentation of the series.
The visuals of MLB The Show 21 are essentially the same as those in its most recent predecessors. The game does not include any innovative new visual flourishes and does not make full use of the capabilities of current-gen consoles.
The gameplay is exactly as good as it has always been, and the newest feature is a precision throwing system that makes the game much more challenging. The experience now has a lot more life and a sense of realism owing to the improved animations, which have made fielding seem less rigid. Not only is it possible to play it in a variety of various ways, but there are also a lot of different game types to choose from.
Baseball is one of those things that you either understand or you don’t, and if you don’t, it’s difficult to have any pleasure at all. The gameplay of MLB The Show 21 does not persuade players to improve in any of these facets of the game.
With that said, MLB The Show 21 is the finest baseball video game ever made, thanks in large part to a plethora of changes and enhancements to the game’s core gameplay. It’s true that a lot of the game modes are a little bit of a grind, but playing baseball, in general, takes some time. The new season of MLB The Show 21 is lacking in both flare and new experience routes.
- There is a very good stadium creator introduced in MLB The Show 21, as it allows you to be incredibly flexible and customize almost anything you like.
- MLB The Show 21 allows you to play in a 2-way role, which means you can play the role of both the pitcher and the striker.
- There are over 100 new animations added to MLB The Show 21.
- There is haptic feedback available on the PlayStation 5 version of MLB The Show 21.
- While the stadium creator in MLB The Show 21 has a lot of depth, the customization menu can be incredibly confusing to navigate.
- There is a lack of realistic changes to the time in MLB The Show 21, which makes the overall gameplay experience a lot less immersive.
- The story mode in MLB The Show 21 is still incredibly dull and does not offer you anything new.
- There are many glitches present through MLB The Show 21 and they can ruin a lot of your gameplay experience.
3. Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 & 2
- Developer: Vicarious Visions
- Release Date: March 26, 2021
It shouldn’t occur to you that Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1+2 is still a phenomenal game, despite the fact that it was first launched on PlayStation 4. It is a superb recreation of the original PlayStation games developed by Neversoft, and it achieves success by including a variety of enhancements. The flawless replication of two of the most cherished games in the history of gaming has been enhanced in a number of ingenious ways.
Reliving the nostalgia is one thing, but to experience it all in all the revamped graphics and glory is a next-level feeling. Luckily, if you have ever played the original Tony Hawks skate games, then Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 & 2 will easily be the Best Sports Games On PS5 for you.
Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1+2 is a remake of the first two games in the series and includes all of the real-life professional skateboarders as well as each and every level from the first two games. The fundamental design of the levels has been preserved; however, the visual style has been updated to conform to contemporary expectations.
The DualSense controller for the PlayStation 5 also adds some new elements to the gameplay. However, the bundle as a whole has several restrictions placed upon it due to the archaic gameplay of the game’s first Career modes. The faint rumbling that your skateboard makes as you manually move it over the pavement conjures up the sensation of your wheels sliding across the asphalt in real life.
It is reasonable to conclude that Vicarious Visions has been successful in bringing back the original Neversoft spirit, despite the fact that there have been a few minor hiccups.
- You get 2 awesome games in one with the Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 & 2 bundle, and at an incredibly cheap price.
- Both games have been remastered, with improved graphics that are a delight to look at.
- Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 & 2 offers 2 different display modes that can enhance the graphics even more.
- All of the amazing aspects that made the original games amazing are still in the remastered version.
- There is a high amount of replay value in Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 & 2, as you get to complete new challenges after completing the games.
- Since the PlayStation 5 console does not use adaptive sync, the different frame rates of the games can have issues and be very inconsistent.
- A lot of the levels in Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 & 2 have some incredibly long load times.
- There is a lack of variety when it comes to the personalities of the skaters, which is a bit disappointing.
2. OlliOlli World
- Developer: Roll7
- Release Date: 8 February 2022
It is simple to lose track of time when playing OlliOlli World for an hour or two without even realizing it. You could find yourself having to attempt many times to master a difficult jump when you launch your cartoonish figure drifting down one of its vividly colored 2.5D skating courses.
The players are tasked with creating their own one-of-a-kind persona before embarking on an adventure across the realm of Radlandia in an endeavor to meet each of the five skate gods and arrive at Gnarvana.
In the previous OlliOlli games, the titles have attempted to place emphasis on the technical challenges associated with skating. These challenges have been translated into button presses on a controller that calls for exact moves and timing. Players have the opportunity to earn a variety of side missions outside of the main storyline that lead to fresh skating locations.
The narrative of the skate wizard and the people inside it serve as constant reminders that the focus here should be on the journey rather than on your score. OlliOlli World does a fantastic job of making you feel like you’re hanging out in a location just as much as it does provide a challenging arcade experience.
Because there is so much content in OlliOlli World, you are free to exit a level at any time to play one of the other minigames before returning to the level you were playing. OlliOlli World is an enjoyable experience overall, despite the fact that mastering some game concepts may take some time and that certain tasks may, at times, be unpleasant.
- OlliOlli World is very easily accessible because you can easily learn the game, but as you progress further, it can get harder to master.
- OlliOlli World rewards players for being tenacious, which can feel very satisfying.
- The visual design of OlliOlli World is very distinct.
- There is no rush in OlliOlli World and you can play it at your own pace.
- There is a wide variety of customization options in OlliOlli World for your character.
- It might take a while to get used to the controls in OlliOlli World, which might be a bit frustrating.
- The story of OlliOlli World is not the best and has some very illogical moments that can be a bit annoying.
- The controls in OlliOlli World can be a bit inconsistent sometimes.
- Casual players might not enjoy OlliOlli World as much because the difficulty spikes very quickly.
1. Gran Turismo 7
- Developer: Polyphony Digital
- Release Date: March 4, 2022
Gran Turismo 7 celebrates not just the passing of almost a decade since the release of its immediate predecessor but also the passing of 25 years since the release of The Real Driving Simulator, which made race fans fixated on lap times, sports cars, and clean racing.
Gran Turismo 7 puts players through a variety of obstacles as they attempt to perfect what it signifies to be a racer by allowing them to compete in a wide variety of motor racing genres using a wide variety of vehicles, from ordinary automobiles to top-of-the-line race cars.
Not only are there a range of vehicles for the player to choose from, but there are also a number of different sorts of races to compete in. Everything looks incredibly stunning, with amazing automobile models and flowing motions that give it a quality that is almost on par with photorealism. The game has more customizing options than a normal human being could ever hope to fathom.
Gran Turismo 7’s artificial intelligence isn’t as aggressive or difficult as the one in games like Formula One 2021. Therefore, the game might seem a little bit simplistic at times. Your AI rivals will drive conservatively and will make blunders from time to time, forcing you to consider how you will approach the race carefully.
Gran Turismo 7 is, as a whole, a great comeback for the Gran Turismo series. It’s a title that might be considered worthwhile to play due to the sheer variety of the many racing experiences it offers.
- Gran Turismo 7 is possibly the best looking racing game when it comes to the graphics.
- The championship mode has made a return in Grand Turismo 7, which is incredibly fun to play.
- There are barely any loading screens in Gran Turismo 7, and the very few loading screens present in the game only last a few seconds.
- You can use the split-screen feature of Gran Turismo 7 to play with a friend in offline mode.
- If you have played the original game, then Gran Turismo 7 will hit you with a truck of nostalgia.
- Gran Turismo 7 features a music rally mode, which can be incredibly fun to play if you want a change of pace.
- Gran Turismo 7 requires you to be on a constant internet question even if you are only trying to play the offline modes.
- You have to put in an unhealthy amount of time grinding so that you can get your favorite car in Gran Turismo 7.
- The microtransactions in Gran Turismo 7 are awful and get way too expensive, which is very frustrating.
- Gran Turismo 7 costs 60$, which many players believe to be way too expensive for a game like this.
This wraps up our Best Sports Games On PS5 in 2023 guide. After having played more than 30+ sports game titles on the PlayStation 5, we were able to shortlist 25 of them and have recommended those in our guide. Which games out of these 25 are in your top 5 list? Do you think we should have mentioned a certain game also in our list? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍