VR stands for virtual reality. It is a platform that has been rapidly growing over the past few years. It allows players to experience extreme immersion. You feel like you are an actual part of the virtual world. Our article focuses on the best VR games with the best immersion and addicting gameplay.
- VR is known as Virtual Reality. This type of genre has grown rapidly in the past few years. The main thing behind its rapid growth is that it provides extreme immersion from which players feel like they are actually part of the game itself.
- Due to few Virtual Reality games available in the market players did not seem to find it reasonable to buy a VR Console for a few games but now some AAA titles have started making VR games.
- Here we are going to be listing down the Top 55 Best VR games that you can play in 2023. Games like Moss, Dark days, Smash Hit VR, Tekken 7 VR, and many others games.
Here Are The Best VR Games In 2023:
|Moss||Nominated for the Award of Game Innovation at the BAFTA Awards 2019||February 27, 2018||Polyarch||PlayStation 5, Oculus Quest, PlayStation 4, and Microsoft Windows|
|Star Wars Squadrons||Won the Game Award for Best VR Game||October 1, 2020||Motive Studio||PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, and Xbox Cloud Gaming|
|House of the Dying Sun||None||November 2, 2016||Marauder Interactive||Microsoft Windows|
|Compound||None||July 20, 2022||Bevan McKechnie||Microsoft Windows|
|Rick and Morty Virtual Rick-Ality||Nominated for the Best Virtual Reality Game at the New York Game Awards 2018||April 15, 2017||OwlChemy Labs and Other Ocean Group||PlayStation 4 and Microsoft Windows|
|Wipeout Omega Collection||Nominated for the Best Racing Gaming Award at The Independent Game Developers Association Awards 2017||June 6, 2017||Creative Vault Studios||PlayStation 4|
|Firewall Zero Hour||Nominated for the Best Shooter Award at The Global Game Awards 2018||August 28, 2018||First Contact Entertainment||PlayStation 4|
|Cloudlands VR Minigolf||None||April 5, 2016||Futuretown||Microsoft Windows|
|Catan VR||Won the Award for GamesCom Vegas Game of the Century||March 21, 2018||Experiment 7||PlayStation 4, Android, Microsoft Windows, and Oculus Go|
|No Man’s Sky||Won the Award for the Best Evolving Game at the BAFTA Awards 2022||August 14, 2019||Hello Games||Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Microsoft Windows, and Xbox Cloud Gaming|
|Tetris Effect||Nominated for the Best Immersive Game at the Asian Academy Creative Awards 2019||November 9, 2018||Resonoir, Monstars, and Stage Games||Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Oculus Quest, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, Xbox Series X, and Series S|
|Werewolves Within||None||December 6, 2016||Red Storm Entertainment||PlayStation 4 and Microsoft Windows|
|Fallout 4 VR||Won the Game of the Year Award at the DICE Awards 2015||December 12, 2017||Bethesda||Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Microsoft Windows, Xbox Series X, and Series S, and Xbox Cloud Gaming|
|Thumper||None||October 10, 2016||Drool||Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Android, Google Stadia, Microsoft Windows, iOS, Oculus Quest, and Oculus Go|
|Astro Bot Rescue Mission||Nominated for the Best Game Award at the BAFTA Awards 2019||October 2, 2018||Team ASOBI and Japan Studio||PlayStation|
|Fruit Ninja VR||Won The Casual Game of the Year Award at the 15th Annual Interactive Achievement Awards||July 7, 2016||Halfbrick Studios||Android and iOS|
|Lone Echo||None||July 20, 2017||Ready At Dawn||Microsoft Windows and Oculus Rift S|
|The Invisible Hours||Nominated for the Award of Best Original Video Game Score at the GoldSpirit Awards 2017||October 10, 2017||Tequila Works||PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows|
|Eve Valkyrie||Nominated for Best Control Design, VR at the NAVGTR Awards 2017||March 28, 2016||CCP Games||PlayStation 4 and Microsoft Windows|
|Space Pirate Trainer||Nominated for Best Independent Game at the Independent Games Festival 2018||April 5, 2016||I-Illusions||PlayStation 4, Oculus Quest, and Microsoft Windows|
|Audioshield||None||April 5, 2016||Dylan Fitterer||Microsoft Windows|
|Rez Infinite||Nominated for Best Music-Sound Design and won Best VR Game at the Game Awards 2016||October 13, 2020||Q Entertainment, Sonic Team, United Game Artists, and HexaDrive||PlayStation 4, PlayStation 2, Android, Dreamcast, Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360, and Oculus Quest|
|Superhot VR||Won the Award for Best VR Game at the GDC Awards 2018||December 5, 2016||SUPERHOT Team||PlayStation 4 and Microsoft Windows|
|Battlezone||Nominated for VR Game of the Year Award in 2017||October 13, 2016||Atari||Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows|
|Gorn||None||July 10, 2017||Free Lives||PlayStation 4 and Microsoft Windows|
|Land’s End||Nominated for the Best Game Award at the BAFTA Awards 2015||October 30, 2015||Ustwo Games||Android, iOS, and Microsoft Windows|
|Robo Recall||Won the Award for the Best Virtual Reality Game at the Game Informer’s Best of 2017 Awards||March 1, 2017||Epic Games||Oculus Quest and Microsoft Windows|
|Farpoint||Nominated for the Best VR Game at the Golden Joystick Awards 2017||May 16, 2017||Impulse Gear||PlayStation 4|
|Witchblood||None||June 8, 2017||Hidden Path Entertainment||Oculus Rift S|
|Star Trek Bridge Crew||Nominated for Best Multiplayer Game at the BAFTA Awards 2017||May 30, 2017||Red Storm Entertainment||PlayStation 4, Oculus Quest, and Microsoft Windows|
|Rec Room||None||June 1, 2016||Rec Room Team||Oculus Quest, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, Android, Xbox Series X, and Series S, Microsoft Windows, and iOS|
|Eagle Flight||Nominated for the Game of the Year Award at the Canadian Videogame Awards 2016||October 18, 2016||Ubisoft||PlayStation 4 and Microsoft Windows|
|Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes||Won the Award for Excellence in Design at The Independent Games Festival 2016||July 16, 2015||Steel Crate Games||Nintendo Switch, Android, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Linux, Microsoft Windows, and macOS|
|Dead & Buried||None||December 5, 2016||Oculus Studios||Oculus Rift S, Android, Microsoft Windows, and iOS|
|Until Dawn Rush of Blood||None||October 13, 2016||Super Massive Games||PlayStation 4|
|Dark Days||None||December 17, 2016||Parallel Studio||Oculus Rift S|
|Smash Hit VR||Nominated for multiple Awards at the Independent Games Festival||February 25, 2014||Mediocre||Android and iOS|
|Tekken 7 VR||Nominated for Fighting Game of the Year at the DICE Awards 2018||June 2, 2017||Bandai Namco||PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows|
|Arizona Sunshine||None||December 6, 2016||Vertigo Games and Jaywalker Interactive||Oculus Quest, PlayStation 4, Microsoft Windows, HTC Vive, Valve Index, and Windows Mixed Reality|
|Into the Radius||None||November 6, 2019||CM Games||Microsoft Windows|
|Pavlov VR||None||February 27, 2017||Vankrupt Games||Microsoft Windows|
|I Expect You To Die||None||December 13, 2016||Schell Games||PlayStation 4, Oculus Quest, and Microsoft Windows|
|Elite Dangerous||Nominated for PC Game of the Year at The Golden Joystick Awards 2015||December 16, 2014||Frontier Developments||Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Microsoft Windows, and Mac operating systems|
|Pistol Whip||Won the Award for Immersive Reality Game Of The Year at the DICE Awards 2019||November 7, 2019||Cloudhead Games||PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Oculus Quest, and Microsoft Windows|
|The Thrill of the Fight||None||July 1, 2016||Sealost Interactive||Microsoft Windows|
|Resident Evil 7 Biohazard||Won the Award for Best VR Game at the Golden Joystick Awards 2017||January 23, 2017||Capcom||PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, Xbox Series X/S, Google Stadia, and Amazon Luna|
|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR||Nominated for Best Game and several other Awards at the BAFTA Awards 2012||November 17, 2017||Bethesda||Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and Microsoft Windows|
|Blade and Sorcery||Nominated for VR Game of the Year at the Steam Awards 2019||December 11, 2018||WarpFrog||Microsoft Windows|
|Phasmophobia VR||Won the Game Award for Best Debut Indie Game||September 18, 2020||Kinetic Games||Microsoft Windows|
|Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020||Won the Award for Best Sim/Strategy Game at the Game Awards 2020||August 17, 2020||Xbox Game Studios and Asobo Studio||Xbox Series X/S and Microsoft Windows|
|Resident Evil 4 VR||Won the Award for Best VR Game of the Year at The Game Awards 2021||October 21, 2021||Armature Studio||Oculus Quest 2 and Microsoft Windows|
|Beat Saber||Won the Award for Best VR Game||May 1, 2018||Beat Games||Oculus Quest, PlayStation 4, Microsoft Windows, and Android|
|The Walking Dead Saints & Sinners||Nominated for Best VR/AR Game at The Game 2021||January 23, 2020||Skydance Interactive and Skybound Entertainment||Meta Quest 2, Oculus Rift, Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and PICO 4|
|Half-Life Alyx||Won the Award for VR Game of the Year at The SXSW Gaming Awards 2021||March 23, 2020||Valve||Microsoft Windows|
|Boneworks||None||December 10, 2019||Stress Level Zero||Microsoft Windows|
VR started out as a very promising platform but it did not have enough games so most gamers did not bother purchasing a virtual reality gaming device just for the few games present. Nowadays however even some Triple A developers have started working on games for VR.
We have compiled a lot of excellent games that you will just lose yourself into. These are incredibly immersive experiences. Some are just for fun and some are proper linear action or horror games.
- Developer: Polyarc
- Publisher: Polyarc
- Release Date: February 27, 2018
The first game on our list is an action-adventure title that was tailor-made for VR. Moss has great characters, a compelling story, and a lot of fun puzzles that you can get immersed in.
The game feels like you are playing through a storybook. Its aesthetics are no doubt its biggest high point. The game is extremely beautiful and is filled with many cute and charming characters. In addition, the protagonist of Moss is named Quill. She is a small adorable mouse who is looking for an adventure and her wish is fulfilled when she finds a mysterious glass relic that gives her magic powers.
What kicks Quill’s adventure off is her motivation to save her uncle who has found himself in great danger. These magic powers that Quill gains are what make up the VR gameplay of the game. They help you solve puzzles and move objects in virtual reality.
Moss is also a delight to go through. We highly recommend the game to people who love to go on cute cartoon-like adventures. If you are into that Moss will for sure turn into an experience you won’t soon forget and is one of the best Steam PC VR games.
- Moss features a remarkable main character that is well-written and welcoming to players who enjoy the VR experience.
- The puzzle-solving is top-notch and intriguing. Even if you are stuck on a puzzle for a while, Quill will provide hints on how to solve it which is very helpful in order to accomplish your objective.
- The animations are well-designed and breathtaking which complements the aesthetic visuals of Moss.
- Moss offers an incredibly composed sound design that will keep the player immersed throughout the game.
- The extraordinary use of VR mechanics enhances the overall gameplay for the player.
- The main narrative is somewhat repetitive and bland.
- Moss is a very short game even after some of the areas were far too stretched without any need.
- The combat system is not the best and some of the sword battles can be a drag in Moss.
Star Wars Squadrons
- Developer: Motive Studios
- Publisher: Electronic Arts (EA)
- Release Date: October 1, 2020
Now we have something for both space fans and people who love flying simulators or games. Star Wars Squadrons lets you take part in the extremely immersive battles in the Star Wars universe.
The players will pilot a starfighter and fight for the Republic’s honor and protection. Alternatively, if you hate the Republic you can become a part of the Imperialist fleet and destroy them. You can view both sides of the conflict.
Visually the game also looks stellar. You can see the stars and planets all around you and the explosion effects when you take down your enemies are just very satisfying. The sound design is also very immersive and feels perfect for a Star Wars game.
Star Wars Squadron is a game that was developed with both newcomers and Star Wars veterans in mind. It is one of the best flying battle games present in virtual reality as of now. It is easily one of the best VR games, according to Star Wars fans. They loved exploring new locales with such beautiful visuals.
- The multiplayer mode is well-balanced and on top of the shelf in Star Wars Squadrons.
- The customization options are available in diversity.
- If you are a Star Wars fan, then you are in for a treat as you will find a ton of easter eggs throughout the game.
- The VR is intriguing and provides an immersive experience for the player in the unique world of Star Wars Squadrons.
- The addition of sophisticated flight features adds more depth to the combat system of Star Wars Squadrons.
- The loading screens in Star Wars Squadrons can take forever which can be an annoyance for many players.
- There is not enough variety in maps as there are only six maps available in the game.
- Star Wars Squadrons has some awkward characters that are sorely lacking depth and seem undercooked.
- The lack of more online modes can be underwhelming for the majority of players in Star Wars Squadron.
House of the Dying Sun
- Developer: Marauder Interactive
- Publisher: Marauder Interactive
- Release Date: November 2, 2016
This is another space game on our list. House of the Dying Sun has gotten extreme praise for its space shooter gameplay. It is extremely immersive, and many critics believe that it is the closest to a perfect space shooter we have on VR as of now.
The game has a tactical approach to it and it puts the player into the cockpit of the Empire’s deadliest intercepter and also gives them the command of the Harbinger Fleet. You feel like a badass leader as you give orders to your fleet so you can tactically win the fight.
Furthermore, you can complete special missions to earn upgrades for your fleet, so you can further customize them to your liking. House of the Dying Sun is a game that we truly believe is one of the best VR games. Alongside that, it is also the best space virtual reality game.
We enjoyed our time with the game and can assure you that it is, without doubt, one of the best space and flight games you can play on your VR devices as of now. If you have tried the game yourself, do you think it deserves the praise? Tell us about it in the comments section below.
- The combat system is highly alluring and promotes strategic-based gameplay.
- You can give orders to your troops to fight adversaries which significantly changes the tide of the battle.
- The gunplay is probably one of the best among other VR games.
- The robust multiplayer mode has a decent amount of depth and requires tactical gameplay.
- It is greatly optimized which allows the player to have a smooth and bug-free experience throughout the game.
- The main storyline is enticing and captures the player’s undivided attention.
- It will only take you around three or more hours to finish the main campaign.
- The mouse and keyboard experience in House of Dying Sun is horrid which might not sit with PC players.
- Developer: Bevan McKechnie
- Publisher: notdead
- Release Date: July 20, 2022
Do you enjoy rogue-like games? Are you into shooters? If the answer is yes, then Compound is certainly for you. It is a retro-style first-person shooter rogue-like VR game that has you ducking enemy fire and blasting them simultaneously. A multiplayer mode with makes the game one of the most unique and best multiplayer VR games.
In addition, what makes Compound even more appealing to some gamers is its retro shooter or more commonly known as boomer shooter art direction. The game looks like something that came out with Doom, Duke Nukem, Half-Life, or Blood back in the 90s.
It is a very simple and minor game when compared to most of the other titles on our list, but it is certainly just as fun as any other title here. If you love rogue-likes and are okay with retro fps graphics, then Compound is an easy purchase.
Compound is one of the best Steam PC VR games, and it has been quite some time since it left early access. We personally love shooters, and there are plenty more of them to come on our list. Continue reading to find out about even better VR shooter action games, even some of the best multiplayer VR games.
- Compound makes good use of the retro style and provides us with an exceptional FPS shooter VR experience.
- The multiplayer mode is thrilling and quite immersive which will keep the player regaled.
- A huge variety of weapons to blast through your enemies in an 8-bit rogue-like world is an incredible feeling.
- Compound has masses of replay value because of a huge number of missions to play and various difficulty options.
- The main story is pretty much nonexistent in Compound which can be underwhelming for some players.
- The gameplay can get repetitive after a while which is sub-par in Compound.
- The rogue-like setting might not be everyone’s cup of tea.
Rick and Morty Virtual Rick-Ality
- Developer: OwlChemy Labs and Other Ocean Group
- Publisher: Adult Swim Games
- Release Date: April 15, 2017
Are you a fan of Rick and Morty’s wild adventures? Then look no further as now you can be a part of them. Rick and Morty Virtual Rick-Ality is a brilliant and faithful game that is filled with charm and love for the franchise.
It successfully captures everything that makes the show stand out. The art style is greatly replicated in 3D. It truly feels like you are a part of a Rick and Morty episode. What we have here is a single-player game. Continue reading to find out about the best multiplayer VR games.
There are very few Rick and Morty games. This one is no doubt one of the greatest ones. It feels crazy how one of the most faithful videogame adaptions is in VR. It is one of the best Steam PC VR games.
- The voice acting and cast of characters are on top of the shelf and do a fantastic job of keeping the player absorbed throughout the game.
- There are a ton of references to the original show which is eye candy for the fans of Rick and Morty.
- VR works like a charm in Rick and Morty Virtual Rick-Ality and delivers an exceptional experience for the players.
- The world settings are incredible and robust gameplay offers a unique meeseeks mechanic which is a cherry on top.
- Puzzles are not that hard to solve and rather quite simple which can take away the fun element of puzzle solving.
- Some technical issues cause bugs and glitches which can mar the immersion of the player in Rick and Morty Virtual Rick-Ality.
- Some sequences of the game might feel irritating for players who are unfamiliar with the original show.
- A relatively short game that is underwhelming.
Wipeout Omega Collection
- Developer: Creative Vault Studios
- Publisher: Sony Interactive Entertainment
- Release Date: June 6, 2017
Here we have one of the greatest adrenaline-filled racing games out there. Wipeout offers great spacecraft racing that feels just as cool as it sounds. If you ever wanted to fulfill your space racing fantasy, it is here where you do it.
Wipeout Omega Collection is one of the best, if not the best, racing experiences you can have on and off VR. We consider it one of the best VR games out there.
- A plethora of content to mess around with as you can play multiple games in one package.
- In terms of visuals, Wipeout Omega Collection looks better than ever before compared to the original games.
- The gameplay is fast-paced and each race feels thrilling and enthralling.
- The handling system is greatly enhanced and provides a smooth driving experience.
- Wipeout Omega Collection can feel like a very old game to many players as the graphics and gameplay mechanics are not on par with modern games.
- The career mode in Wipeout 2048 is not as strong as it was in the HD version of the game.
- It can take a while to get used to as the difficulty and controls are a bit tricky in Wipeout Omega Collection.
- Some aspects of the game still have some polishing issues which are lackluster.
Related: Monster Hunter Rise Wiki.
Firewall Zero Hour
- Developer: First Contact Entertainment
- Publisher: Sony Interactive Entertainment
- Release Date: August 28, 2018
For people who love strategical squad-based shooters, Firewall Zero Hour is the perfect game. It combines great refined VR shooting gameplay with planning and a strategical approach. The game can get very tense in certain sections. It isn’t on PC. No need to worry. There are plenty of the best Steam PC VR games on our list.
Firewall Zero Hour has an arcade-like feel to its missions, and that only adds to the fun. It is one of the original videogames that made use of immersive reloading in VR games, the kind we see in almost every shooting-based VR title released today.
If you are the time of gamer who loves playing tactical shooters like Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six games, then there is literally no reason as to why you shouldn’t play Firewall Zero Hour. It is one of the most unique and best multiplayer VR games.
- The co-op in Firewall Zero Hour is well-balanced and promising for immersive gameplay.
- The gunplay highly encourages diverse tactical gameplay which is eye candy for players who enjoy strategy-based gameplay.
- Firewall Zero Hour offers players some of the most intense and unique skirmishes throughout the game.
- The aim controls are solid and responsive which provides a captivating and engaging experience throughout the campaign.
- Matchmaking in Firewall Zero Hour can be a tiresome process that can eat up a lot of your time.
- The customization is extremely lacking, especially in the opening segment of the game which can be aggravating for novice players.
- The gameplay can get repetitive as there are not enough game modes in Firewall Zero Hour.
- The loading screens between matches are notoriously long.
Cloudlands VR Minigolf
- Developer: Futuretown
- Publisher: Futuretown
- Release Date: April 5, 2016
Everybody loves to have a relaxing time once in a while. Sometimes all a gamer needs is a peaceful environment where you can play chill, laidback titles. Cloudland VR Minigolf is a great time with immersive sound design. It is one of the most fun and best multiplayer VR games.
The main difference from the desktop work of the game is that now walking is removed. Everything else is still intact, and the game feels just as good as ever. It is some of the most fun you can have on a PC. The game is surely one of the best Steam PC VR games.
The creatively designed maps, bundled with the great atmosphere and visual styles of each of them, make Cloudland VR Minigolf one of the best VR games you can play right now. There is no reason why you shouldn’t check out this relaxing sports game.
- Cloudlands VR Minigolf is a very relaxing game for both casual and hardcore players.
- The environment design is incredible and adds to the soothing aspect of the game.
- Extremely inventive and robust controls are a cherry on the top in Cloudlands VR Minigolf.
- The map design is incredible and detail-oriented in addition to the greatly composed sound design.
- The lack of spectator mode is truly disappointing in Cloudlands VR Minigolf.
- There is not enough content which is underwhelming.
- Developer: Experiment 7
- Publisher: Experiment 7
- Release Date: March 21, 2018
All of us love to play board games in real life. We grew up playing addictive fun games like Ludo or Monopoly. Catan VR captures the feel of great board games and then puts all of that in VR so that your immersion feels just like real life. Read more to find out about the best multiplayer VR games to play with your friends.
It is quite surreal how well Catan VR does what it does. Most people would rather play actual board games, which is totally fine, but Catan VR is one of the few titles that would even make some people consider going into virtual reality instead.
Catan VR is one of the very rare VR games. There are almost no games like it on the platform. After all, the purpose of VR was enhancing the environments you live in, and Catan VR does that to a great extent. It is certainly one of the best Steam PC VR games.
- Catan VR is a beginner-friendly game and strongly encourages strategy-based gameplay.
- Players of all ages can play Catan VR which is truly amazing.
- Brand-new expansions are a terrific add-on as they hugely increase the replay potential of the game.
- You can play the single-player mode or play against your friends in the multiplayer mode which offers an enthralling experience.
- The VR experience is top-notch for all players who fancy board games.
- The UI interface is beautifully crafted and well-designed which does not get in the way of gameplay.
- The AI trading is a bit drab in Catan VR and requires some fixing.
- The motion system on the controller is not the best.
- At launch, players are unable to gather in one room on PS4 which is quite frustrating.
No Man’s Sky
- Developer: Hello Games
- Publisher: Hello Games
- Release Date: August 14, 2019
When developer Hello Games announced No Man’s Sky back in the day, the hype was through the roofs. It was tragic when the game was finally released as it did almost nothing that it promised to do and turned out to be a complete repetitive mess. Now it is one of the best PC Steam VR games.
Developer Hello Games, instead of abandoning the project after so much negative reception, put in a complete effort and released multiple updates for the game. Now No Man’s Sky is an awesome game and has almost turned into the game it was originally told to be.
One of the updates was a free VR one. Now you can play through the entire adventure in virtual reality. It feels wonderful exploring the various diverse, beautiful planets of the game. You will encounter different species too.
- The open world is immense and full of in No Man’s Sky.
- A number of different unique ways in which a player can progress in No Man’s Sky and appreciate the journey.
- The tech aspect of No Man’s Sky is quite impressive which inspires an adventure that feels genuine.
- No Man’s Sky offers boundless variety.
- The inventory and item management is extremely lackluster in No Man’s Sky which is irksome.
- TH UI is pointless in No Man’s Sky.
- The gameplay mechanics can get redundant after a while in No Man’s Sky.
- An abundance of bugs and glitches especially when playing with several people.
- Developer: Resonoir, Monstars, and Stage Games
- Publisher: Enhance Games
- Release Date: November 9, 2018
Everybody knows Tetris. It is one of the longest-running videogames that still is just as fun as the day it was released. Tetris effect is one of the best games in the franchise. It adds so much to the basic old Tetris formulae. If you want a multiplayer game, then read more to find out about many of the best multiplayer VR games.
The music and special effects are what really sell this VR game. You will so many beautiful special effects that sync up with every move you make. The music is also in sync. Its beauty is the reason why it is so widely loved within the PC gaming community and is considered one of the best Steam PC VR games.
Tetris Effect is a VR experience like no other. It improves on the Tetris formula in every way. Now the player can play Tetris as if they are actually there, moving everything with their hands. That is why Tetris Effect is one of the best VR games out there.
- The journey mode in Tetris Effect is extremely engaging and provides an enthralling experience.
- The visual and sound design is enticing and fits well with the theme of the game.
- There are multiple modes that you can tinker with in Tetris Effect which highly enhances the single-player experience.
- The VR aspect of this game is over the top especially because of the synchronization of special effects with the in-game music. This makes Tetris Effect one of the best if not the best in the series.
- The journey mode only lasts about two or more hours which is lackluster in Tetris Effect.
- Some pacing issues surface throughout the game which can be a cause of frustration for many players.
- The final segment of the game is not the best.
- Developer: Red Storm Entertainment
- Publisher: Ubisoft
- Release Date: December 6, 2016
Werewolves Within is a game you will either love or hate. It is very similar to Among Us in some ways. The player has to figure out who to trust and who is lying to them. Survival is key here, and investigating and breaking through people’s lies is what makes the game.
Give it a shot. It is one of the few games like Among Us that came before it. It is a fun time with some friends. Grab the game on Steam as it is considered one of the best Steam PC VR games.
Now the imposter is disguised as a werewolf. There has been an attack on the village, and werewolves have decided to fit in as townsfolk. It is a game that feels very goofy because it is. You are playing a fun game that doesn’t take itself too seriously.
- The character animations are on top of the shelf which will keep the player immersed throughout the game.
- The online community is very friendly and active in Werewolves Within.
- The social VR experience that this game provides for the players is breathtaking and easily one of the finest among other VR games.
- Werewolves Within offer an incredible cross-play across VR platforms which expands the online experience of the player.
- Minor bugs and glitches occur from time to time which can tarnish the overall experience of the player in Werewolves Within.
- It gets extremely hard to find players to play with in the multiplayer mode because of the lack of a solid player base which can be underwhelming.
Fallout 4 VR
- Developer: Bethesda
- Publisher: Bethesda
- Release Date: December 12, 2017
Bethesda has been one of the first triple-A developers who constantly put their titles on VR. Fallout 4 VR is another one of the extremely immersive games that they made even more immersive by putting it in virtual reality. With how many mods are released daily, it is one of the best VR games to play in 2023.
The game doesn’t have the best writing, but it certainly has one of the most detailed and incredibly fun to explore open worlds out there. It is one of the main reasons why people have spent hundreds of hours in Fallout 4. Some of the best multiplayer VR games are to come on our list, so continue reading.
Fallout 4’s World feels extra alive and hostile in virtual reality. It is certainly one of those games that feel better in VR. Bethesda should continue with its VR ports as most of its games focus on immersion. Playing a modded version of Fallout 4 VR on PC is one of the best Steam PC VR games you will ever play.
- The VR experience is quite alluring and welcoming for the die-hard fans of the series.
- The character development in Fallout 4 VR is exquisite.
- A huge variety of content is at your disposal which will keep you on your toes in Fallout 4 VR.
- The combat system is fluid and provides a great experience to both new and seasoned players.
- The open world in Fallout 4 VR looks even more gorgeous. It is immersive and diverse in variety which is highly alluring.
- The graphics are not the best in Fallout 4 VR.
- Fallout 4 VR has minimal role-playing and too basic dialogue which is disappointing.
- Minor bugs and glitches occur throughout the game.
- Poor mission pacing, a shortage of interesting NPCs, and repetitious battle settings make the narrative and objectives uninteresting in Fallout 4 VR.
- Developer: Drool
- Publisher: Drool
- Release Date: October 10, 2016
If you are a regular VR gamer, then you know that rhythm games are one of the most enjoyable games on the platform. Thumper is one of the more unique ones. It is probably the rhythm game with the most speed. Most of these unique games made their debut on Steam, and Thumper is considered one of the best Steam PC VR games.
Moreover, it makes you feel like you are a part of some racing game. The music is great, and the beats alongside the speed give you a wild adrenaline rush. After a couple of hours, you will be pretty much forcing yourself not to dance along with the beat.
With other massively popular VR games like Beat Saber, it’s a pleasant surprise to see other fresh rhythm games like Thumper. It is certainly one of the best VR games out there.
- The VR experience in Thumper is absolutely awe-inducing and keeps the player regaled throughout the game.
- Quite thrilling and captivating boss fights will test your abilities to the core and provide an amazing experience.
- The level design is beautifully crafted and syncs well with the incredibly composed music design which grabs the player’s unalloyed attention.
- Thumper is extremely engaging and intuitive and delivers an innovative perspective on already well-known gameplay mechanics.
- The visuals and soundtrack in Thumper stay the same for almost all of the gameplay which can feel quite repetitive after some time.
- The reused stage designs and various elements make Thumper mundane and tiresome to play.
Astro Bot Rescue Mission
- Developer: Team ASOBI and Japan Studio
- Publisher: Sony Interactive Entertainment
- Release Date: October 2, 2018
Here we have an awesome platformer. If you are looking to be a part of a well-designed platformer filled with many unique characters and locations, then Astro Bot Rescue Mission is certainly going to be your jam.
The game feels like you are controlling a puppet. The world of Astro Bot Rescue Mission feels extra beautiful in virtual reality. If you have the game, there is no reason why you should be missing out on the VR mode. It is one of the best VR games you should play in 2023.
Sony doesn’t have many cute games like this one. Astro Boy Rescue Mission is one of the very few cute and engaging games. You can feel the passion put into the game while playing.
- Astro Bot Rescue Mission makes good use of the Dualshock mechanics in addition to the VR which is quite impressive.
- The stimulating combat is almost brought to life thanks to the innovative VR of the game.
- The level design is detail-oriented and matches well with the world settings of Astro Bot Rescue Mission.
- In terms of visuals, Astro Bot Rescue Mission has aesthetically pleasing Pixar-like graphics.
- Intricate and unique boss battles will keep the player immersed throughout the game.
- Astro Bot Rescue Mission has engaging cross-play across VR platforms.
- Sadly, the main campaign does not last long enough and is rather very short in Astro Bot Rescue Mission.
- Playing on VR can be a bit tricky for players who are unfamiliar with the gameplay mechanics which can be a turn-off.
Fruit Ninja VR
- Developer: Halfbrick Studios
- Publisher: Halfbrick Studios
- Release Date: July 7, 2016
Now we have a game that all of us are very nostalgic for. Fruit Ninja was one of the coolest mobile games. It is one of the very first games released on smartphones which was very fun and addictive. Seeing fruits ninja VR being considered one of the best Steam PC VR games is a delight.
The sound effects and the visual feedback of slashing different fruits never got old. Alongside all that, we also had special power-ups, which made the slashing even more fun. Now you can experience all of that in virtual reality.
Fruit Ninja VR masterfully recreates the experience in VR. It is surely worth checking out since it is still a blast. You will feel nostalgic, and your fruit-killing skills will once again be remarkable. If you have a PC and VR headset, then there is no reason to skip Fruit Ninja. Read more to see some of the best multiplayer VR games.
- Colorful and vibrant animations on each fruit kill are intriguing and a joyful experience in Fruit Ninja VR.
- The gameplay mechanics and physics are well-designed and provide an enticing experience throughout the game.
- Katanas work better than ever with the motion controllers which is quite engaging in Fruit Ninja VR.
- The lack of festival mini-games truly mars the experience for the player in Fruit Ninja VR.
- The bright and multicolored environment might not be everyone’s cup of tea.
- Fruit Ninja VR comes with some challenges of its own that can aggravate some players.
- Developer: Ready At Dawn
- Publisher: Oculus Studios
- Release Date: July 20, 2017
Nowadays, a lot of people love space. We as human beings find it very beautiful and intriguing. Sadly not all of us get to experience it in real life. That is why space games are so popular in VR. Lone Echo is probably the best space VR game out there.
The game makes perfect use of VR’s strengths. It portrays zero gravity perfectly. The player has to grab onto anything they can find to move forward. It is probably the most authentic space experience out there. Lone Echo is an experience like no other, and it is easily one of the Steam PC VR games you can get right now.
Furthermore, some people might not like the game much as they prefer space flight games. Lone Echo is certainly a unique and very immersive experience. If you don’t wanna feel lonely and play with friends, don’t worry; we have plenty of the best multiplayer VR games on our list.
- The voice acting and cast of characters are nicely done and breathe life into the in-game characters of Lone Echo.
- The intricate puzzle-solving is on top of the shelf and offers the player some incredible puzzle sequences throughout the game.
- Lone Echo boasts a great world that has a decent amount of depth and is quite immersive.
- The main storyline is extremely engrossing primarily because of the insertion of a unique conversion mechanic. The main characters also play a significant role in refining the plot of Lone Echo.
- Lone Echo has highly detailed animations and effects in addition to spectacular graphics which is a cherry on the top.
- Some of the puzzles are not very hard to solve as Jack will start giving you hints after a while which can take away the fun element of puzzle-solving in Lone Echo.
- Several technical hiccups can spoil the overall experience of the player.
The Invisible Hours
- Developer: Tequila Works
- Publisher: Gametrust
- Release Date: October 10, 2017
This is no doubt a one-of-a-kind videogame. The Invisible Hours lets you turn into a badass detective that has the power to control time. It has the player continuously investigating people at different times. The uniqueness of the title has made it one of the best Steam PC VR games that you can play right now.
In addition, hearing everybody and seeing what they are doing or discussing is important. That is where the time power comes into play. You can observe a bunch of people and then rewind the time to observe others. If you are looking for something you can play with friends, then read more to know about the best multiplayer VR games.
If you are the type of gamer who loves mystery, then The Invisible Hours is the perfect game for you. The entire mystery has to be pieced together by the player, and that is what makes the game even better. You will like a time-controlling version of Sherlock Holmes.
- The intriguing crime narrative is full of twists and suspenseful sequences which will keep the player engaged throughout the game.
- Extraordinary voice acting adds more depth to the already incredible cast of characters in The Invisible Hours.
- Inventive level design and gameplay mechanics highly enhance the experience of the player.
- The graphics seem a bit outdated and are not on par with modern games.
- The Invisible Hours is a pricey game with not much gameplay value to it.
- Some areas in the game feel unfamiliar and leave the players with many unanswered questions because of the limited interactions.
- Developer: CCP Games
- Publisher: CCP Games and Oculus Studios
- Release Date: March 28, 2016
Here we have another space flight game. What sets Eve Valkyrie apart from all the others is its extra engaging 6v6 player-versus-player battles. There are certainly other similar games on VR, but Eve Valkyrie is one of the better ones. Play it now; it is one of the best Steam PC VR games available right now.
Grab your friends and show others your flying skills. Work in sync as a team and take down the enemy team with ease. Eve Valkyrie is a very immersive experience; you can even feel every shot your **** takes or lands. The take-off is also very exciting.
What is also great about Eve Valkyrie is that you don’t need a VR headset to play it. So you can ask your friends that don’t have one to join in. It is one of the best multiplayer VR games.
- The multiplayer mode in Eve Valkyrie is packed with fast-paced and dogfight-style action and highly promotes tactical team-based gameplay.
- Eve Valkyrie utilizes VR technology to its fullest and offers the players some great virtual reality skirmishes throughout the game.
- Carrier Assault mode has a decent amount of depth and is extremely fun to play in Eve Valkyrie.
- The atmosphere is highly detailed and fits well with the amazing soundtrack of the game.
- Eve Valkyrie offers a great diversity of customization options and you can acquire new ships, gear, and weaponry as you rise in rank and reputation.
- There is not much content available in Eve Valkyrie and despite that, it is a very expensive game.
- The microtransactions are a bit too much for a game that is unduly costly.
- Not enough variety in maps can be an annoyance for the majority of the players in Eve Valkyrie.
Space Pirate Trainer
- Developer: I-Illusions
- Publisher: I-Illusions
- Release Date: April 5, 2016
We have all been big fans of space cowboys ever since Cowboy Bebop. Space Pirate Trainer does something similar yet different. Now you can sail the big blue sea in the sky instead of sailing the seas on earth.
The main focus of the game is on shooting. There are many cool sci-fi weapons for the player to play with. All of these feel vastly different from one another. The game gives you sci-fi versions of pistols, SMGs, shotguns, and many other weapon types.
If you are looking for a space action game instead of a space flight game. Then Space Pirate Trainer is perfect for you. We highly recommend it as it is certainly one of the best VR games to play in 2023.
- You will have access to a huge arsenal of unique weapons which you can pick according to your playstyle and blast through enemies in Space Pirate Trainer.
- The sound effects and shooting mechanics are on point and quite enthralling.
- A huge diversity of enemy types will keep the overall experience fresh and intriguing for the player.
- The VR experience is top-notch and the captivating visuals are a cherry on top in Space Pirate Trainer.
- The repetitive environment can seem tedious to a number of players after some time in Space Pirate Trainer.
- There is no storyline or any single-player campaign which can be a deal-killer for many players.
- The gameplay can get redundant and uninteresting as you progress through the game.
- Some more depth and variety could have been better in Space Pirate Trainer.
- Developer: Dylan Fitterer
- Publisher: Dylan Fitterer
- Release Date: April 5, 2016
Here we have one of the original rhythm games. Audioshield has the player literally punching the beats with their shield in sync with the music. It feels badass, and it gives you even more of a workout than Beat Saber does.
It was released before Beat Saber and probably is what inspired its style. Even though now Beat Saber has taken over, it is still worth playing Audioshield. It has one of the coolest rhythms, game mechanics, and an awesome soundtrack.
- Audioshield has satisfying gameplay mechanics with some incredibly synched soundtracks.
- The ability to use your own music in the game is quite impressive and welcoming for many players.
- If you are looking for some home workouts, then the fitness mode in Audioshield has got you covered.
- An inventive take on rhythm-based gameplay.
- However, shields are a great addition they still feel restrictive because of the lackluster customization options.
- Automapping can get inconsistent on some occasions which can be problematic for the majority of players.
- Developer: Q Entertainment, Sonic Team, United Game Artists, and HexaDrive
- Publisher: Sega, Xbox, Sony
- Release Date: October 13, 2020
For people who love neon aesthetics, Rez Infinite is the perfect game. The original Rez was itself a very cool and unique experience. It was released way back in the day and stood out because of its art style and unique gameplay.
Now Rez Infinite is better in every way because it literally drops you in the neon zone. In virtual reality, it truly feels awesome just admiring everything that the game throws at you. It is a very beautiful game, and that is why it is one of the coolest VR games.
Moreover, there are certainly going to be other games like Rez Infinite on our list. So if you are here to find out about the beautiful, immersive games, then continue reading.
- Rez Infinite offers a distinctive blend of enchanting visuals and audio which greatly enhance the VR experience for the players.
- The gameplay is instantly accessible and explicit which is eye candy for casual players.
- The implementation of Area X is remarkable and on top of the shelf in Rez Infinite.
- Simply a spectacular presentation.
- Rez Infinite is not a very long game and only takes a handful of hours to complete.
- There is a clear absence of sufficient VR content that can be underwhelming for several players.
- Oddly, leaderboards are not available in Rez Infinite.
- Developer: SUPERHOT Team
- Publisher: SUPERHOT Team
- Release Date: December 5, 2016
Everybody loves a good slow-motion game. The original Superhot dropped the player into different levels. The game is one of a kind as in it the time only moves when you do. So the player controls the time, and that opens up the window for some badass stuff.
Superhot VR lets you do all that in VR. It feels so cool dodging bullets while leaning in real life. The player feels like they are Neo from The Matrix franchise. We don’t have Max Payne VR, and Superhot VR is the closest you are going to get to it.
It is one of the most unique VR shooting games. Give it a shot; you won’t regret it. The game is a blast from start to finish and makes you feel like a certified badass.
- The puzzles are extremely challenging and test your puzzle-solving skills to the core which will keep the player engaged in Superhot VR.
- The robust slow-mo gun mechanics add a tactical layer to the already innovative gameplay of Superhot VR.
- On several occasions, the difficulty can get strongly demanding but rewards you in the end.
- The VR aspect of this game is refined from scratch and provides an enticing experience throughout the game.
- The exceptionally sinister storyline is brimming with many twists in Superhot VR.
- The steep difficulty curve in Superhot VR might not be everyone’s cup of tea.
- It feels limited in terms of various gameplay features compared to the classic game which can be irritating for veteran players of the series.
- Mundane and repetitive visuals can be a turn-off for many players.
- The space requirement of Superhot VR is a bit more than average.
- Developer: Atari
- Publisher: Atari
- Release Date: 2016
People loved going to the arcades. They were the cool place where you could encounter somebody who loves the same things you do. Battlezone is a recreated version of a classic beloved arcade shooting game.
Battlezone does justice to the original, and it does justice to virtual reality. The game has co-op multiplayer too. It is tough and requires a strategical approach in each area. That is what makes it stand out alongside its unique aesthetic.
Grab your friends and play through its campaign. You will certainly have a blast as it is a very refined experience. The game keeps getting better as you progress through the campaign. Be sure to save up money to buy stronger and cooler weapons.
- The multiplayer mode of Battlezone is quite immersive and offers an exceptional online VR experience for the players.
- The gameplay mechanics are smooth and fluid and promote strategic-based gameplay in Battlezone.
- Heaps of replay value primarily because of the stellar visuals which fit well with the astonishing soundtrack.
- Strong and responsive controls are a cherry on top in addition to the intriguing co-op mode in Battlezone.
- Battlezone can be unforgiving for both novice and experienced players.
- The difficulty level is extreme which can be the cause of frustration for the majority of players.
- Checkpoints are lacking and as soon as you run out of lives, the game makes you start over from the beginning.
- Developer: Free Lives
- Publisher: Devolver Digital
- Release Date: July 10, 2017
Take part in mano a mano battles. Gorn turns the player into a gladiator fighting in an arena. Swing weapons with your own hands for maximum immersion. Demolish your enemies and show off your creativity while taking them down.
Now when we say demolish your enemies, that is what happens. What that means is that the game has a lot of blood and gore. So if you are young, keep out of it. It does feel like playing Doom with swords in VR. Every hit the player lands leaves a visual wound on the enemies. The player can hinder their movement by chopping at their legs and then striking the final blow.
- An expansive range of weapons and each one has some weight to it in Gorn.
- The combat system is well-designed and delivers a delightful experience throughout the game.
- Distinctive boss battles offer some tense and frantic sequences and you get to utilize your weapons to the fullest against them in Gorn.
- The customizable options in the free-play mode add to the replay value of the game.
- The enemy palettes stay the same during almost all of the gameplay which can get repetitive after a while in Gorn.
- Some bugs and glitches make the animations and audio feel janky throughout the game.
- Excessive gore might not be to everyone’s liking in Gorn.
- You can easily beat the whole campaign in two or more hours which makes Gorn a relatively short game.
- Developer: Ustwo Games
- Publisher: Ustwo Games
- Release Date: October 30, 2015
The player will be doing a lot of turning in this one. Land’s End is a spectacularly beautiful experience. It feels like you are playing through a beautifully animated film.
The game has the player tackling different optical illusions and puzzles while escorting the princess through it all. It is a great puzzle game, and the visuals are a cherry on top as they just make the player want to explore the world even more.
- The world of Land’s End is vast and stuffed with a ton of mysteries to unveil throughout the game.
- The puzzle-solving element of the game is quite strong and immersive which captures the player’s undivided attention.
- In terms of visuals, Land’s End is a decent-looking game with some of the best if not the best graphics.
- Land’s End has a very short single-player mode which is lackluster.
- The narrative is not the best in Land’s End.
- Developer: Epic Games
- Publisher: Epic Games
- Release Date: March 1, 2017
For people who love shooters with complete freedom, Robo Recall is THE game. It makes the player feel so badass. You can rip off the limbs of other robots and use them to beat down their allies. It is just pure raw action, and it feels badass.
Robo Recall also allows the player to slow down time. You can slow down time, shoot robots up, and then pick their bullets from the sky and use those against them. As we said, it is just awesome. There are many shooters on our list, but Robo Recall is certainly one of the best ones. It is also one of the greatest, most adrenaline-filled VR games.
- There is a huge variety of weapons available that complements the already fantastic gunplay of Robo Recall.
- You can even unlock some unique weapons after completing special objectives. These weapons have a great impact on your playstyle and swiftly change the tide of the battle.
- The gameplay mechanics are top-notch and provide the player with some inventive action sequences throughout the game.
- The environment is expansive which makes it a satisfying experience for the player to traverse the map in Robo Recall.
- Robo Recall has a tad too short single-player mode which is sub-par.
- The level design can get duplicative after some time which can be a turn-off for many players.
- The visuals of Robo Recall seem outdated and ordinary.
- Developer: Impulse Gear
- Publisher: Sony Interactive Entertainment
- Release Date: May 16, 2017
The game starts with two scientists opening up a portal to another world. They go through it and land on a faraway planet. We know that sounds similar to Half-Life, which it is and isn’t at the same time. Farpoint is a great action adventure space shooter.
The player will encounter alien lifeforms and will have to shoot the hostile ones. The shooting feels great, and the game keeps throwing engaging combat encounters at the player. There is no reason to miss out on Farpoint. Most of our list is comprised of space games or shooters. Farpoint combines both genres, and it does it really well.
- The challenge mode has some frantic and demanding moments of its own which is quite intriguing and engrossing in Farpoint.
- The aim controller significantly improves the VR experience for the players.
- The two main characters have a decent amount of depth and are well-written in Farpoint.
- Farpoint offers promising gunplay with some incredible shooting mechanics that feel like a charm whenever in a battle.
- A variety of functional movement options make the entire experience enjoyable in Farpoint.
- The main plot of Farpoint is extremely weak and underwhelming, especially in the final segments of the game it gets very bland.
- If you don’t prefer the aim controller, then Farpoint is not for you.
- The visuals are not the best and are rather drab.
- The repetitious environment design can be a drag in Farpoint.
- Developer: Hidden Path Entertainment
- Publisher: Oculus Studios
- Release Date: June 8, 2017
Here we have probably the only game that isn’t focused on immersion. This might be a turnoff for some VR gamers, but trust us, Witchblood is a fun time. It takes inspiration from classics like Konami’s Castlevania.
You play as a witch who hops from platform to platform, progressing through each level. Through progression and exploration, many new spells will be unlocked that you can use in combat. There is a lot of content on offer here, and it is all good.
Witchblood does stand out because of its lack of immersion. That doesn’t mean it isn’t a fun time. Give it a shot, especially if you are a fan of Castlevania.
- Witchblood has a decent amount of content that you can tinker with throughout the game.
- The map system is highly interesting and makes it easy to navigate through the vast open world of Witchblood.
- Many new unlockable spells that you can utilize in combat against formidable enemies.
- Once you unlock different abilities, you can use them to get access to hidden locked areas which makes the world of Witchblood worth exploring.
- The map in the book menu feels extremely restrictive to use and there is no way to zoom in which makes it utterly meaningless in Witchblood.
- Witchblood does not provide the best VR experience which is truly disappointing.
- There is not enough immersion and it lacks a great deal of depth.
Star Trek Bridge Crew
- Developer: Red Storm Entertainment
- Publisher: Ubisoft
- Release Date: May 30, 2017
We had a Star Wars game on our list, so it is only fitting that we have a Star Trek game. Star Trek Bridge Crew is a very immersive game that lets the player do everything on the ship. By everything, we mean everything; you will be controlling a lot.
The player can assume the role of one of four crew members. These roles are Captain, Engineer, Helm, and Tactical. You will be encountering a lot of different things during your travels and will even encounter many life forms on the way.
The game isn’t anything extraordinary, but it is still fun. You can roleplay as your favorite Star Trek character, and it feels very authentic due to the immersion. Read more to find out about some of the best VR games in 2023.
- Star Trek Bridge Crew does a fantastic job of utilizing VR technology.
- Players can take on intriguing and hybrid missions which will help them in testing their skills in teamwork and in frantic circumstances.
- If you are a fan of the good old Star Trek series, then you are in for a treat in this breathtaking universe of Star Trek.
- The co-op mode lets you play with up to four players.
- You will have the freedom of choosing between multiple roles.
- In the later segments of Star Trek Bridge Crew, the missions can be a pain to accomplish if you are playing without any team.
- Minor bugs and glitches can mar the experience of the player.
- Not enough missions can be a deal killer for many players.
- A very small player base makes it extremely hard to find players when playing online in Star Trek Bridge Crew.
- Developer: Rec Room Team
- Publisher: Rec Room Team
- Release Date: June 2016
Rec Room is a blast. It is like Wii sports but free-to-play. The game is filled with content, and you can jump right in due to it being free. There is so much to do, and because of the variety in the content, the player never gets bored.
What is even cooler is that the game can be played without VR. It being free to play makes it extremely convenient for your friends to join you. All of you can have a lot of fun here, even without the immersion of virtual reality headsets.
Give it a shot. It is a game suitable for all ages so you can have fun with your family or with your friends. It is certainly one of the best VR videogames.
- Rec Room is a great alternative to Roblox which is free to play and accessible to everyone.
- There is a decent number of mini-games that you can play within the Rec Room which is quite engaging.
- If you are not a fan of VR, you can play the game without VR which is welcoming for all kinds of players.
- Plenty of diversity in the content will keep the player immersed throughout the game.
- The player base is sorely lacking in Rec Room.
- It tries too much to adapt the gameplay concepts of its competitors which make Rec Room feels unoriginal.
- The soundtrack is horrible in Rec Room.
- The avatar customization seems restrictive which can be an annoyance for a lot of players.
- Developer: Ubisoft
- Publisher: Ubisoft
- Release Date: October 18, 2016
When we see birds flying as kids, we all wish we could feel what that experience is like; with Eagle Flight, that is possible. The game lets the player fly through a beautiful version of France. The bird flies at incredible speed.
Your objective is to snatch rabbits that are on the ground and then fly off with great speed. The game is simple, but what keeps it engaging, in the long run, are its visuals. Paris is beautifully recreated, and the art style is just stellar.
- Eagle Flight introduces a brand-new mode where you capture the flag before the opposing team which is quite enticing and immersive.
- In terms of visuals, Eagle Flight is spectacular and the attention to every detail in the environment is very high.
- The world of Eagle Flight is brimming with a ton of content that you can mess around with and flying offers a thrilling experience in VR.
- The multiplayer mode is engrossing in addition to the incredibly-designed race tracks in Eagle Flight.
- Some of the missions in Eagle Flight are not a joy to complete and may prove to be pesky for many players.
- There are not enough options in the multiplayer mode which feels somewhat restrictive.
- The gameplay can get tiresome and repetitive after some time.
- It can be a pain to turn when playing Eagle Flight in VR which is quite irritating.
Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes
- Developer: Steel Crate Games
- Publisher: Steel Crate Games
- Release Date: July 16, 2015
Here we have a game that needs to be played with a group of friends. One player sits in front of a bomb while all the others have to explain to them how to defuse the bomb. The other players are handed a very complex manual for bomb defusion.
The game becomes hilarious when the team fails to cooperate correctly. It is just a goofy, fun time with friends that will leave you laughing like a maniac. The bomb, of course, has a timer. So the others need to do the explaining quickly.
There are a few games like Keep Talking, and Nobody Explodes on our list. It is just raw goofy fun. So give it a shot and pick it up with your friends. It is one of the most fun VR games.
- The controls are solid and easy to get used to which improves the overall experience.
- Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes is fun for both casual and hardcore gamers as it is an easy game to pick.
- The online play is strong and the gameplay mechanics are enticing.
- The gameplay provides you with some hilarious moments especially when you are playing with friends.
- There is a lack of maps and several areas of the game have some polishing issues.
- Teamwork is crucial and disagreement among allies can result in failure.
- You can only play it online with your friends as there is no single-player mode which is a turn-off.
Dead & Buried
- Developer: Oculus Studios
- Publisher: Oculus Studios
- Release Date: December 5, 2016
This is a game for all the cowboy fans out there. If you love western films, then you will love Dead & Buried. There are so many guns to play around with, all of them with their own unique effects. It is an excellent multiplayer game.
The game has engaging combat. It lets you jump and get behind cover, peak and shoot, throw dynamite, and all the other essential things for a cowboy game. It has an excellent variety of maps and weapons. The engravings on the weapons also look beautiful and authentic.
Dead & Buried is something you should check out. It is one of the best shooters on the platform. The only downside is that it is difficult to find a match. Other than that, it is one of the best multiplayer VR games.
- There is a diverse variety of game modes available which will keep the player regaled throughout the game.
- The gunplay in Dead & Buried is thrilling and provides the player with some fast-paced action.
- Extremely absorbing combat mechanics have just the right amount of depth to keep the matches intriguing.
- The shoutout and robbery mechanics are exquisite and make Dead & Buried even more fun and addictive to play.
- Dead & Buried offers a unique cover system which is an important element when it comes to winning consecutive matches.
- The game does not have a story mode campaign which is the major flaw of Dead & Buried.
- Inadequate offline content can be a deal-killer for some players who prefer the solo experience.
- The lack of a real locomotion control system is truly underwhelming.
Until Dawn Rush of Blood
- Developer: Supermassive Games
- Publisher: Sony Interactive Entertainment
- Release Date: October 13, 2016
Not to be confused with the story-based game Until Dawn. Until Dawn: Rush of Blood is an excellent shooting game. What makes it stand out from other shooters is that it has a great atmosphere and can even get very scary at times.
The game begins with the player riding a roller coaster. It soon turns into a nightmare when it takes a wrong turn. Now the player is surrounded by horrific creatures that look like they are from a circus.
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood is an excellent game. It has great shooting, and the atmosphere makes it a must-play VR game. We can’t recommend it enough.
- The eerie atmosphere adds to the horror element of Until Dawn Rush of Blood.
- Some really spooky moments will keep the player at the edge of the chair all the time.
- There is a great diversity in level design which keeps the player engaged throughout the game.
- The gunplay feels fantastic and the shooting mechanics are well-balanced in Until Dawn Rush of Blood.
- It delivers some potent jumpscare experiences when playing in VR.
- Enemies are very easy to beat excluding the boss fights in Until Dawn Rush of Blood.
- Constant jumpscares occur throughout the game which might not be everyone’s cup of tea.
- Boss fights in Until Dawn Rush of Blood seems like an unpleasant error in some stages.
- The shooting can stop working for a short period of time which can be frustrating in intense situations.
- Developer: Parallel Studio
- Publisher: Oculus Studios
- Release Date:
Horror games are a delight in VR. Dark Days is an excellent psychological horror game. It is set in a desert motel, and the uneasy feeling is there from the start. The player is playing as Jade, who is a normal girl stuck here trying to piece together what is going on.
Dark Days look stunning visually. It looks photo-realistic at times. Psychological horror games have been very popular since Silent Hill. Dark Days is a great experience, and if you love horror and mystery, you will have a fun time here.
The great atmosphere, alongside the visuals and the story, makes Dark Days one of the best VR horror games that you can play right now.
- In terms of visuals, Dark Days is awe-inducing and quite incredible.
- The spooky atmosphere is high in detail and enhances the horror aspect of Dark Days.
- Playing in VR will provide you with an immersive and frenetic experience throughout the game.
- It has well-written characters, especially the main protagonist is alluring which highly complements the engaging horror narrative of Dark Days.
- Dark Days is prone to crashes and multiple bugs which can be a turnoff for a lot of players.
- The world of Dark Days feels restrictive and could have been made better.
- Some animations are stiff primarily, and the delayed animation on the action button can be an annoyance for many players.
- You need to spend real money in order to get items and level up in Dark Days which is underwhelming.
- The item drop rate is very low which makes it hard to progress through the game.
Smash Hit VR
- Developer: Mediocre
- Publisher: Mediocre
- Release Date: February 25, 2014
Here we have a classic mobile game. Gamers play Smash Hit simply to pass the time. Some play it for long periods of time, so there is no reason why you shouldn’t experience it in virtual reality. Read more to find out about some of the best Steam PC VR games.
In Smash Hit VR, the player will be throwing a limited amount of metallic balls. These balls are thrown at glass structures to break them. The crunchy sound effects are great, and in VR, it feels like you yourself are throwing the balls.
Smash Hit VR is one of the best virtual reality games simply because of how fun it is. It can get really addicting very quickly. It is one of the original smartphone games. If you looking for multiplayer, then fear not. We have some of the best Multiplayer VR games on our list.
- Smash Hit VR offers an enticing simulation experience compared to other games of this genre.
- The multiplayer mode is extremely intriguing and provides well-balanced gameplay.
- It has smooth gameplay because you can tweak the graphic settings in the menu which is really interesting.
- The graphics of Smash Hit look delightful in VR which is a cherry on top.
- The controls are very easy to get used to and highly accurate.
- The gameplay is sorely lacking in diversity which can feel repetitive after some time.
- The same tasks to accomplish every day can be a tiresome process in Smash Hit VR.
- You need to have the premium version in order to save your progress on checkpoints scattered throughout the game.
Tekken 7 VR
- Developer: Bandai Namco
- Publisher: Bandai Namco
- Release Date: June 2, 2017
One of the greatest and most complex fighting games out there. Tekken 7 is one of the most fun you can have in a videogame. It has a massive roster with multiple characters who almost all play completely differently.
In Tekken 7 VR, you can experience it all in virtual reality. The game isn’t that immersive, but it is certainly a wild and unique experience. It feels like two people are fighting right in front of you. Pick your favorite character and see them win up close.
Tekken 7 VR is great. It is very unique as there is no other triple-A fighting games in VR. We can only hope in future games, Bandai Namco improves on what is present.
- In terms of graphics, Tekken 7 VR is without any doubt one of the best-looking fighting games of all time.
- The addition of the brand-new rage art and rage drive system is on top of the shelf in Tekken 7 VR.
- A huge roster of more than 50 distinctive characters.
- The combat system is extremely engrossing with masses of depth thanks to the unique screw system.
- The competitive aspect of Tekken 7 VR is solid and encourages a learning curve among the players.
- All the stages in Tekken 7 VR are incredible and detail-oriented with greatly composed soundtracks.
- Tekken 7 has not the best VR experience.
- The lack of single-player content in Tekken 7 VR is a major turn-off for veteran players of the series.
- Extremely horrid net code and toxic communities can tarnish the online experience of the game.
- Not many in-game tutorials are available, which can be a pain for new players in Tekken 7 VR.
- Developer: Vertigo Games and Jaywalker Interactive
- Publisher: Vertigo Games
- Release Date: December 6, 2016
The game has you exploring the world, scavenging looking for ammo and health items. Arizona Sunshine is a decent survival zombie game that throws the player into a zombie-filled world. Similar to survival horror games, every single shot counts here.
While we wait for other survival horror games to make it on VR, Arizona Sunshine is a very good game to play. It can feel very shallow at times, and the linearity can turn people away, but we enjoyed our time with it.
- The gunplay is superb thanks to the incredible shooting mechanics in Arizona Sunshine.
- In the horde mode, you can play with up to four players which is quite enthralling and welcoming.
- The co-op mode has a decent amount of depth and provides an amusing experience throughout the game.
- Scenery-wise, Arizona Sunshine is on top of the shelf with some of the best visual and audio designs.
- The controls are fluid and solid in Arizona Sunshine.
- Breathtaking level design will keep the player absorbed throughout the campaign.
- On several occasions, Arizona Sunshine is riddled with bugs and glitches.
- The checkpoints in this game are way too short which is lackluster.
- Arizona Sunshine has an extremely high difficulty.
- Players are facing some issues regarding Oculus Touch.
Into the Radius
- Developer: CM Games
- Publisher: CM Games
- Release Date: November 6, 2019
This is an excellent survival first-person shooter game developed solely for VR. Explore the wasteland of Pechorsk and face off against all kinds of creatures and anomalies that will kill you if your survival instinct is not on point.
The immersion of Into the Radius is also incredible. It is easily the most immersive experience on our list so far. The guns feel extremely good to fire, and the player has to reload them manually. The reload animations are very smooth, and they add so much to the immersion.
It also has great variety in its locales. There are literally miles and miles of swamps, industrial complexes, and of course, forests that the players can explore at their own pace. Into the Radius is also very tense at moments since you never know what you might run into.
Into the Radius is an excellent survival game with wonderful immersion and lots of content. It will surely keep you busy and playing for quite some time.
- Into the Radius offers a creative take on the survival horror genre.
- The intense atmosphere is immersive and detail-oriented which enhances every element of the game.
- Inventory mechanics are well-designed and allow the player to store numerous items which can prove helpful in the mysterious world of Into the Radius.
- Into the Radius boasts its captivating gun mechanics which reward the player with some intense battle sequences.
- Minor bugs and glitches surface throughout the game which can tarnish the overall experience for the player.
- The picky controls feel sluggish which is sub-par in Into the Radius.
- After a while, the missions get repetitive which can lead to a boring experience.
- The stealth and combat systems are not the best and have some refining issues.
- The art style feels uninteresting and the tutorials are a bit tricky to follow in Into the Radius.
- Developer: Vankrupt Games
- Publisher: Vankrupt Games
- Release Date: February 27, 2017
Here comes another VR shooter game. Pavlov VR is an incredibly immersive multiplayer player-versus-player(PvP) game. It features many modes that players can partake in by picking the one they want and matchmaking from the menu.
All the guns feel great to shoot and are crafted carefully, so they don’t break the immersion, as it is the most important thing for a VR title. The game also features proximity voice chat which might feel like a minor thing, but it adds a lot to the game’s immersion and atmosphere.
All of the immersion and the fact that you can play custom-made maps with mod support makes Pavlov VR one of the best VR games that are frequently brought up because of the changes it regularly gets. Continue reading to find out about similarly awesome games.
- The gun mechanics in Pavlov VR are top-notch which will greatly improve the gunplay immersion.
- Pavlov VR has a massive player base and active online community which is quite impressive.
- There are multiple game modes that will keep the player’s attention absorbed throughout the game.
- A huge variety of distinctive and detail-oriented maps improve the VR experience of the player.
- There is a practice mode in which you can polish your skills and on top of that, you get to maneuver tanks which is an amusing experience in Pavlov VR.
- The steep learning curve in Pavlov VR might not be everyone’s cup of tea.
- The enemy AI is inconsistent which can be a drag in the game.
- Players who are driving a tank have an advantage over other players which can be irritating for some players.
Related: Best FPS Games
I Expect You To Die
- Developer: Schell Games
- Publisher: Schell Games
- Release Date: 2016
I Expect You To Die is an awesome puzzle-solving escape room VR game. In it, the player’s intelligence and problem-solving capacity will be tested to their fullest. The game features lots of fun interactive, immersive puzzles, and there is enough present that the player won’t get bored.
In addition, you might be familiar with escape room games if you have played Spike Chunsoft’s Zero Escape series. I Expect You To Die does not have a cast as expressive as it and a plot as well crafted, but what’s present is still very enjoyable, and some of the best VR can offer.
You are playing as a well-trained special agent who is armed with telekinesis. The player is sent here on a mission of utmost importance. They have to stop an evil organization called Zoraxis that is working to dominate the world.
All of these elements come together very well and give you an unforgettable escape room experience almost as immersive as real-life escape rooms. That is why we will always consider it one of the best VR games out there.
- The puzzle-solving aspect of this game is extremely immersive and intricate enough to keep the player invested throughout the game.
- The addition of the commentary system is highly intriguing and provides an intriguing experience for players.
- I Expect You To Die offers some of the best if not the best level designs among other VR games.
- Several achievements to unlock as you progress through the game will keep the players on their toes.
- It will only take you a couple of hours to finish the main story which is underwhelming in I Expect You To Die.
- You can only play the game while seated which can take away the great experience of VR gaming.
- Some bosses feel lackluster as there are not enough interactions with them in I Expect You To Die.
- The practice of trial and error might get stressful for the majority of players.
- Developer: Frontier Developments
- Publisher: Frontier Developments
- Release Date: December 16, 2014
Space games are very popular with VR users, that is why we have yet another one for you. Elite Dangerous is an immersive open-world multiplayer space VR game. While, in our opinion, it is not as good as the previous space games we mentioned, it’s still one of the coolest VR games.
Elite Dangerous features a lot to explore. The game never breaks the immersion, and that is what makes the exploration stellar. It has you exploring the deepest parts of the Milky Way galaxy. This is certainly a great title for space geeks. The game has some of the best space travel for VR. It is also very well optimized for VR. As mentioned earlier, it makes sure it does not break the player’s immersion with any bugs.
The player will start with a small ship and very few credits to their name. They will earn the currency and other stuff by exploring all they can. As you progress through and explore, the game just keeps getting better and better.
- Elite Dangerous does an amazing job of reinventing the formula of the classic game.
- The open world is extensive and detail-oriented which will the player many opportunities to explore and uncover the mysteries of Elite Dangerous.
- The thruster jumper mechanics are quite alluring and has a decent amount of depth in Elite Dangerous.
- In terms of visuals, Elite Dangerous has realistic and aesthetically pleasing graphics which makes it a joyful experience in VR.
- The planets are sorely lacking in terms of variety which is very disappointing in Elite Dangerous.
- If you do not like the idea of flying a spaceship throughout almost all of the game, then Elite Dangerous is not for you.
- The autopilot system is horrible in addition to the lackluster UI which can be annoying for many players.
- Developer: Cloudhead Games
- Publisher: Cloudhead Games
- Release Date: November 7, 2019
Here is another shooter for VR that is very popular and widely loved. Pistol Whip is a shooting game where style and the timing of your shots matter the most. It is a rhythm-based shooting game.
The player has to time their shots with the beat that is playing in the background to gain maximum benefit. The music is very catchy but can feel out of place in some missions. The stylish Pistol Whip is widely considered by many to be one of the best Steam PC VR games.
Most of the campaigns in the game feature their own specific art style. It is to suit the setting that the particular campaign takes place in. Some campaigns take place in the synth-wave-Esque future, while others take place in current times or in the wild west era. We are going to talk about the best multiplayer VR games soon.
In addition, Pistol Whip was inspired by gun-fu action films like John Wick, and once the player masters the game, they will feel even more badass than in John Wick. It is one of the coolest and most stylish games you can find on VR, and that is what makes it one of the best VR games.
- The enemy types and unique weapons are available in diversity which is quite immersive in Pistol Whip.
- There is a plethora of leaderboards on which you can challenge many players.
- The hard mode will test your abilities to the core which is welcoming for players who are looking for a challenge.
- The single-player mode in Pistol Whip is a step up compared to the previous game.
- Some of the best-level designs and myriad customization modes and weapons will keep the player regaled throughout the game.
- Pistol Whip offers intriguing gameplay mechanics which provide a satisfying and immersive experience.
- The main narrative can have a negative impact on the action element of the game.
- The campaign mode is relatively short in Pistol Whip which might not sit with many players.
- Music is not the best as it is lacking diversity which can be pesky for some players.
- It can be a bit problematic when dodging obstacles in Pistol Whip.
The Thrill of the Fight
- Developer: Sealost Interactive
- Publisher: Sealost Interactive
- Release Date: July 1, 2016
This is probably the first game on our list that is simply just a goofy, fun experience. You will still be immersed, but it is not the normal kind of immersion in Thrill of the Fight. You will be part of a goofy world where unexpected, hilarious things can happen. It is one of the most unique and best Steam PC VR games.
The Thrill of the Fight is one of the original VR games, and it holds up really well today. You can go into the gym and practice your moves yourself on the training equipment. The player will be learning the fighting patterns of each boxer, which will allow them to dodge their attacks swiftly.
In addition, even if the game is goofy and light-hearted, the fun fighting patterns and the right time to strike and dodge moves make it a very solid fighter all around. That is why The Thrill of the Fight is a classic VR game and is easy to make our best VR games list.
- The Thrill of the Fight is probably the most promising VR boxing simulation game in contrast to other games of this genre.
- A great way to do an intense workout through VR boxing has its benefits and feels refreshing.
- It offers a huge variety of opponents you can fight against with various difficulty settings that you can tweak to your desire.
- The Thrill of the Fight is a pretty good game for the amount of price.
- Not enough game modes to play other than solo-player mode.
- Players with small play space will not be able to enjoy the game to its fullest.
Resident Evil 7 Biohazard
- Developer: Capcom
- Publisher: Capcom
- Release Date: January 23, 2017
It was obvious that there would be horror games on our list. They are some of the most appealing games on VR, as virtual reality makes the experience even scarier. A horrifying good game can turn into a nightmare. That is just how much VR increases the horror atmosphere.
Resident Evil 7 Biohazard is an incredible horror game. When it came out in 2017, it not only revived the Resident Evil franchise but also arguably revived the survival horror genre that was getting stale.
In addition, Resident Evil 7 Biohazard, in our opinion, is the scariest game you can play on VR. It has great jumpscares but has so many atmospheric moments where the player just feels completely hopeless and terrified.
Furthermore, as a matter of fact, it has almost no immersive details. The game came out early, and the VR version is pretty barebones, but it does keep you more immersed and is extremely scary. That is why it has made it to our best VR games list.
- Resident Evil 7 Biohazard is one of the best-looking games among all Resident Evil titles.
- The character’s designs are done exceptionally well in Resident Evil 7 Biohazard.
- Resident Evil 7 Biohazard has Solid Controls and genuinely spooky moments.
- The Boss Battles in Resident Evil 7 Biohazard make it distinctive from all Resident Evil games.
- The combat system is engaging, hence Resident Evil 7 Biohazard has decent replay value.
- Combat focus can be broken since battle sequences get frequently rather dull in Resident Evil 7 Biohazard.
- Resident Evil 7 Biohazard gets repetitive and provides inconsistent quality.
- The Story of Resident Evil 7 Biohazard is not as good as Classic Resident Evil games.
- It gets a little too dark in some places which makes it hard to play Resident Evil 7 Biohazard.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR
- Developer: Bethesda
- Publisher: Bethesda
- Release Date: November 17, 2017
This is a game that needs to introduction. Skyrim is the fifth entry in Bethesda’s highly successful and widely loved Elder Scrolls franchise. In it, you get to go on adventures and be a dragon-slaying badass.
Bethesda games always focus and immersion, and their worlds are extremely well detailed that they completely get the player invested in them. It feels like you are actually there. Well, now you can further enhance that feeling by actually going into Skyrim’s world with a VR headset.
Furthermore, Skyrim keeps being released on every platform that can run it. Releasing the game on virtual reality devices was a great move, in our opinion. You can now explore the massive world of Skyrim and interact with its vast cast of characters in VR.
Moreover, take our word for it that the game is totally worth experiencing all over again in virtual reality. It feels like a totally different experience, and it should keep you occupied while you wait for The Elder Scrolls VI.
- The new level and combat system greatly enhance the overall experience of the player in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR.
- With tons of hours of content, players can put 100 hours into the game and do whatever they want.
- Dual-wielding and Shouts make the combat more engaging in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR.
- An entrancing snowy environment to explore and uncover the mysteries throughout your journey.
- Crafting weapons, potions, and enchantments is simple in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR.
- Some technical issues can spoil various moments for the players in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR can be possibly detrimental to work and social relations.
- The menu UI and interface are tedious.
- There is no multiplayer mode which is lackluster.
- Battles are not particularly dynamic and victory and losses seem unearned in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR.
Blade and Sorcery
- Developer: WarpFrog
- Publisher: WarpFrog
- Release Date: December 11, 2018
Now we have reached a game that literally revolutionized VR combat. Blade and Sorcery is one of the first VR titles that gave the players a perfect sandbox in which they could quite literally do anything that they wanted.
What differentiated Blade and Sorcery’s sandbox from other games was that when you did try to do something cool, it actually looked cool and badass. In the game, there are very minimal bugs, and the combat feels sublime. It is honestly insane how good the combat feels.
In addition, combat is the main highlight of the game, and if you have a sandbox, it won’t matter much if the combat is buggy and unresponsive. Blade and Sorcery focus on melee ranged and magic combat that all look very authentic because of the game’s physics system. Moreover, the player can climb around buildings. The transversal feels smooth and is very responsive.
The great attention to detail, incredible sandbox with complete freedom, realistic physics, and many weapons plus the magic skills is what makes Blade and Sorcery a worthy addition to every VR headset owner’s game library. It is easily one of the most polished, ambitious, and best VR games.
- The melee combat in Blade and Sorcery is extremely engaging and provides a never-ending loop for players.
- The gameplay physics are quite stimulating primarily because of the multiple new features that were added to the game.
- Blade and Sorcery offers a new time-slow mechanic which is a joy to execute during intense skirmishes.
- In terms of graphics, Blade and Sorcery is captivating and keeps the player engrossed throughout the game.
- There is a clear shortage when it comes to enemy variety.
- The ineffective utilization of sound to increase the excitement or the tone of the game can be a huge turn-off for many players.
- Not enough diversity in gameplay options makes Blade and Sorcery seem restrictive to players.
- Blade and Sorcery is plagued with bugs and glitches which can result in a drastic frame rate drop. This has upset the majority of players and you can say that it is one of the major flaws of this game.
- Developer: Kinetic Games
- Publisher: Kinetic Games
- Release Date: September 18, 2020
Making a great horror game that does not just have cheap jumpscares is hard. What’s arguably just as hard, if not harder, is nailing cooperative multiplayer horror. Phasmophobia is one of those extremely rare games that perfectly nailed the horror atmosphere.
Phasmophobia is a horror game where you, with a group of friends, go to different locations and investigate the paranormal activities that have been reported about the particular location. The gameplay mainly revolves around you and your friends trying to figure out what type the ghost is.
When the players agitate a ghost, it starts to chase them, and that is when you will feel extra scared and can even get killed. Before doing so, the ghost will regularly tow with the players by switching the light on and off and throwing objects. Grab it right now from Steam as it is no doubt some of the best Steam PC VR games.
Moreover, it goes without saying that the entire experience is very suspenseful and terrifying. In VR, all of this is amped up by a lot. You can go in and have a blast ghost hunting with your friends; that is why the staff at eXputer loves to play Phasmophobia with their VR headsets.
- Phasmophobia VR offers robust controls that are easy to pick for both casual and experienced players.
- The creepy atmosphere is high in detail and adds to the horror element of the game.
- The game will put you in various tense situations from time to time which enhances the overall gameplay loop.
- Phasmophobia VR provides great horror gameplay with some investigative features.
- Unexpected and randomized ghost quests add to the replay potential of the game.
- Immaculate pacing that highlights suspense over gore or jump scares.
- After you reach a certain level in Phasmophobia VR, the gameplay gets quite redundant which is lackluster.
- If you are looking for a proper solo experience, then Phasmophobia VR is not for you.
- Several maps do not function well unless you have a full team in Phasmophobia VR.
- Phasmophobia does not work well with VR and has some issues that are constantly neglected by the developers of the game.
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020
- Developer: Xbox Game Studios and Asobo Studio
- Publisher: Xbox Game Studios and Asobo Studio
- Release Date: August 17, 2020
Now we arrive at the game, which is easily the most immersive flight game out of all of the ones present on our list. Microsoft Flight Simulator franchise made a massive comeback with the 2020 installment, which added lots of content and was unbelievably realistic.
The game literally features almost every single airport from all around the world. The development team has tried their hardest to make everything seem as accurate to real life as possible. Steam has a lot of flight games, but Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 is easily one of the best Steam PC VR games.
Moreover, the feeling when you are using VR and are in the cockpit of one of the many planes featured in the game is unreal. Microsoft Flight Simulator is for sure the most realistic flight sim out there, and it has the perfect immersion in VR.
The game is quite literally a dream come true for people who are into planes. The attention to detail that Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 has on so many airplane models will surely keep you coming back frequently. The huge amount of content alongside the accuracy of the locations bundled with the great realism is the reason why Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 is one of the best VR games.
- The visuals in Microsoft Flight Simulator are jaw-dropping and photo-realistic which offer unparalleled originality and sheer immersion in a virtual simulation.
- The in-game tutorials are highly in-depth and beginner friendly which is welcoming for novice players.
- Microsoft Flight Simulator has an intriguing multiplayer mode that lets you navigate through the virtual world of the game in real-time.
- It is extremely compatible with controllers and mouse-keyboard thanks to the solid control mechanics which make it easy to play.
- The loading screens are notoriously long and end up taking a lot of your time which can be a drag in Microsoft Flight Simulator.
- It is badly optimized on PC and prone to bugs which can ruin the immersion of the player.
- The performance can be disappointing on average builds so, you will need a high-end PC in order to experience the Microsoft Flight Simulator to its fullest.
- The real-world map has some discrepancies which can mar the overall experience.
Resident Evil 4 VR
- Developer: Armature Studio
- Publisher: Oculus Studios
- Release Date: October 21, 2021
Capcom’s 2005 classic Resident Evil 4 is a third-person shooter game. The game has perfect pacing, unreal visuals for the time, and an incredibly cool cast of characters and enemies.
It seems unreal that a game released way back then could be so perfectly implemented in VR, but the passionate development team pulled it off. Resident Evil 4 VR legit feels like a game that was developed for VR from the start.
What is crazy is that all the developers had to change to suit VR was the combat. Everything else, ranging from the enemy patterns to Resident Evil 4’s ineffable level design, didn’t need changing whosoever. There are a lot of weapons in the game that all feel and sound completely different from one another. Also, you have to manually reload each one of them, which adds a lot to the immersion.
Resident Evil 4 is easily one of the most influential and greatest games of all time, and the VR version is certainly an excellent way to experience this masterpiece.
- The VR experience is on top of the shelf and brings something new to the table.
- Resident Evil 4 VR has the best combat system out of all Resident Evil games.
- Resident Evil 4 VR offers a great variety of enemy types ranging from mini-bosses to main bosses in the game.
- The Quick Time Events are perfectly balanced and fun to execute in Resident Evil 4 VR.
- A lot of unlockable content and various game modes significantly increase the replay potential of Resident Evil 4 VR.
- The sound design of resident evil 4 VR is remarkable.
- Resident Evil 4 VR is a very short game.
- No mouse support is available for PC in Resident Evil 4 VR which can be underwhelming for PC players.
- The visuals seem outdated and are not on par with modern games.
- Developer: Beat Games
- Publisher: Beat Games
- Release Date: May 1, 2018
Beat Saber is one of the original most popular VR games. It is one of the very first virtual reality titles that gained much popularity in mainstream gaming. What is even more impressive is that even after so many years, Beat Saber still remains some of the most fun games on the platform.
Beat Saber is a rhythm game. It is one of the most popular rhythm games and quite possibly the most popular modern rhythm game. The gameplay has the player slicing through specific prompts that appear all over the screen. It is one of the original best Steam PC VR games.
In addition, what really sells the game is its sound design. You feel extremely immersed because of the sounds you hear as feedback for doing well while slicing along the beat. Each time you slice a target, it makes a very satisfying sound that goes hand in hand with the music.
All of these elements are the reason why even after so many years and after so many other great modern rhythm games, Beat Saber is still one of the best VR games out there.
- Beat Saber offers a unique take on rhythm-based gameplay and probably is one of the best among other games of this genre.
- It highly encourages fast-paced movements and challenging stages.
- The environment is vibrant and quite enthralling which will keep the player immersed throughout the game.
- Plenty of reasons to come back to Beat Saber as it offers satisfying long periods of gaming.
- Both hand and head motion controls perform incredibly well in Beat Saber.
- Beat Saber is severely lacking in diversity when it comes to picking songs.
- There are not enough game modes available which can be frustrating for some players.
- You will need a headband or some other facial padding as you will be perspiring a lot when playing Beat Saber.
The Walking Dead Saints & Sinners
- Developer: Skydance Interactive and Skybound Entertainment
- Publisher: Skydance Interactive
- Release Date: January 23, 2020
When the game was first announced, many people were skeptical, but The Walking Dead Saints & Sinners turned out to be an incredibly immersive survival zombie game. We have had some awesome games set in The Walking Dead universe, and this one is no exception.
It is one of the best survival experiences on the platform. The player will be playing as a hardened survivor who will be roaming around in New Orleans. There are plenty of weapons present in the game. These include both melee weapons and firearms.
It is certainly an experience you won’t forget. What is also great about the game is that it is constantly getting new stuff. So if you get hooked, there is a very high chance that the developers will drop another massive update. It is some of the best Steam PC VR games you can get right now.
Moreover, The Walking Dead Saints & Sinners is a splendid immersive game that truly lets you be a part of The Walking Dead universe, and that is why it is a part of almost every virtual reality gamer’s best VR list.
- All of the new areas are rich in detail and worth exploring in The Walking Dead Saints & Sinners.
- There are multiple strategic ways in which you can accomplish your objectives throughout the game.
- The combat system is fluid and provides the player with some frantic and ferocious battle sequences.
- The main storyline is not the best which can lead to a bland experience.
- Dialogue system has its ups and downs occurring throughout the game which can be irritating.
- It can be a bit problematic to traverse in The Walking Dead Saints & Sinners.
- Developer: Valve
- Publisher: Valve
- Release Date: March 23, 2020
Fans of the Half-Life franchise had lost all hope for a new game when suddenly Valve announced Half-Life Alyx out of nowhere. People were hyped but were still concerned because the game was being made exclusively for virtual reality gaming devices.
Half-Life Alyx wasn’t just an awesome Half-Life game but also an incredibly revolutionary VR title. Half-Life Alyx is what happens when a triple-A studio goes all in for a VR project. Half-Life Alyx offers a very enjoyable single-player experience. It has a great story that fits pretty much perfectly into the Half-Life universe.
What really makes the game immersive is its spectacular sound design. From the firearm sounds to the closing and opening of doors, everything sounds great. In addition, hearing the armor of an enemy plays the flatline sound after you gun them down is just badass. It also gives you an indication that you have killed that particular enemy without you having to get out of cover to confirm the kill and risk getting shot.
Half-Life Alyx is an excellent game that revolutionized the VR gaming scene, and it is something you definitely should not skip out on. It is always mentioned whenever somebody is talking about the best VR games. Valve has made some of the best multiplayer VR games.
- The spooky and tense environment of Half-Life Alyx will keep you on your toes throughout the game.
- The narrative is boosted and simply brought to life thanks to the incredible VR in Half-Life Alyx.
- The voice acting and cast of characters breathe life into the in-game characters especially, the main protagonist Alyx will keep you engaged thoroughly.
- The sound design is incredibly composed and offers a unique experience compared to previous games in the series.
- The opening sections of Half-Life Alyx can be a little slow which can be a drag.
- The puzzle-solving is lackluster as various puzzles feel repetitive as you progress through the game.
- Half-Life Alyx does not take full advantage of VR technology.
- The final segments of the game are underwhelming.
- Developer: Stress Level Zero
- Publisher: Stress Level Zero
- Release Date: December 10, 2019
Now we have reached a game that combines all of the elements of the previously mentioned games and does so with near perfection. Boneworks is the perfect VR experience where you can do whatever you want.
The game is extremely polished and has an incredible sandbox. It feels like the sandbox in Boneworks gives you the same kind of free you would see in triple-A titles. Something like Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain or The Legend of Zelda: The Breath of the Wild.
The controls are very responsive. Boneworks provides you with many weapons, and you can turn into a dual-wielding badass. The game also features many cool tools and gadgets that you can use to help you transverse the environment. Go in and have a blast in one of the best multiplayer VR games.
It also deserves special praise for the animations. They are so well done that it feels like the work of a triple-A developer with a massive budget. There won’t be any moment where the player feels weird, or their immersion is broken due to a goofy bug or animation.
- The VR experience offers genuine gameplay throughout Boneworks.
- The puzzles have a decent amount of depth and offer some exquisite puzzle-solving sequences.
- Extremely diverse NPCs and level design will keep the player engaged in Boneworks.
- Visually, Boneworks is quite immersive and spectacular in many ways.
- The narrative in Boneworks is poorly written which is disappointing.
- The VR experience provided in this game can be a bit uncomfortable for some players because of the lack of teleportation movement.
Recommended VR Headsets
In order to enjoy some of the best we are games on our list, make sure you have the best device for it. Below is a list of some of the best VR headsets for 2023 that has great performance and run any kind of VR game smoothly.
Meta Quest 2- while the VR headset might be expensive, It is definitely worth it to own a Meta Quest 2 VR headset as it has plenty of space and the touch controllers work smoothly.
HP Reverb G2- One of the best VR headsets to use for high-end VR games is the HP Reverb G2. The image quality of the VR headset is supreme and The audio is amazing. Furthermore, it has a very comfortable design and is very lightweight.
Valve Index- the futuristic controller is compatible with every single VR game available and the audio quality is probably the best among the latest VR headsets of 2023. Furthermore, it is designed for high-end PC users so it will give you the best possible performance available when you play any kind of VR game.
That concludes our best VR games list based on the opinions of everybody here at eXputer. We made sure to add all kinds of games, so we have action games, horror games, shooters, flight games, and adventure games. The VR gaming scene just keeps growing, and we are excited to see what comes next.
Our hope is that your favorite VR game made it to the list. We have selected some of the best titles that will keep the players invested and immersed for a very long time. Most of these are from the same genres, but they are very different in quality and gameplay. There sadly haven’t been any best VR games in 2023.
What do you think about VR gaming? Do you own any specific VR headsets? What is your favorite VR game? Did we miss any VR gaming gem? Do you agree with our picks? What are some of the best multiplayer VR games, in your opinion? Let us know all about it in the comments section below.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍