WWE 2K23 has a huge catalog of wrestlers, but the top brass consists of only a few superstars, and their overall rating actually ranks them in the game, for the most part, except in a few cases. This time around, we have new rankings for the strongest fighters as compared to last year’s WWE game additionally.
- WWE 2K23 has a massive roster of 246 wrestlers, of which 129 are available from the start.
- Superstars in the game are rated by default, and their number indicates their capability and prowess.
- Roman Reigns is the highest-rated superstar in WWE 2K23 and has an overall rating of 99. He has two signature attacks and two finishers which include Superman Punch, Guillotine Choke, Spear, and Superman Punch/Spear Combo.
- Brock Lesnar comes second with an overall rating of 97. His main signature move is Suplex City, and his primary means of finishing off an opponent is by using F-5.
- Becky Lynch is the highest-rated female superstar and has a staggering rating of 96. Her most devastating moves include Dis-Arm-Her and Manhandle Slam.
- The Rock shares the same spot with Becky Lynch and has a rating of 96 as well. His signature attacks and finishers are Spinebuster, Sharpshooter, People’s Elbow, and Rock Bottom.
- “Stone Cold” Steve Austin, the third wrestler on the list, also has a stunning rating of 96. Austin uses 3:16
- Hulk Hogan also sits at an overall rating of 94, and his main methods of finishing off his opponents include the submission hold called “The Bear Hug” and “Hogan Leg Drop.”
- Trish Stratus is next on the list and holds an overall rating of 93. Her signature and finishers include Chick Kick, Middle Rope Bulldog, and Stratusfaction.
- The MMA fighter Bobby Lashley has an overall rating of 92 and uses Dominator as his main signature and The Hurt Lock as his main finisher/submission hold.
- Seth Rollins shares the same rating sot with Bobby Lashley and resides at an overall rating of 92 as well. He uses his knees and kicks to knock out his opponents and utilizes the Curb Stomp to finish them off.
- Last on the list is the “American Dream” Codey Rhodes, who has a rating of 91. His list of signature and finishers include Cody Cutter, Veteran Breaker, and Cross Rhodes.
Comparison Table and Best WWE 2k23 Wrestlers:
|Wreslers||Weight Class||Overall Rating||Signature move||Finisher move|
|Roman Reigns||Heavyweight||99.0||Superman Punch, Guillotine Choke||Spear/Superman Punch Combo|
|Brock Lesnar||Heavyweight||97.0||Suplex City, Brock Lock||F-5, Kimura Lock|
|“Stone Cold” Steve Austin||Heavyweight||96.0||3:16 Thesz Press, Corner Trapped Knee Lift||Stone Cold Stunner|
|Becky Lynch||Cruiserweight||96.0||Dis-Arm-Her, Molly Go-Round||Manhandle Slam|
|The Rock||Heavyweight||96.0||Spinebuster, Sharpshooter||People's Elbow, Rock Bottom|
|Undertaker||Heavyweight||95.0||Chokeslam, The Last Ride||Tombstone Piledrive, Hell's Lock|
|Bianca Belair||Cruiserweight||95.0||Glam Slam, Standard Shooting Star||KOD(Kiss of Death), 450 Splash|
|John Cena||Heavyweight||94.0||Five Knucke Shuffle||Attitude Adjustment|
|Charlotte Flair||Cruiserweight||94.0||Moonsault Feint, Spear||Natural Selection, Figure 8 Leglock|
|Hulk Hogan||Heavyweight||94.0||Big Boot, Big Hug||Leg Drop|
|Randy Orton||Heavyweight||93.0||Spike DDT||RKO|
|Trish Stratus||Cruiserweight||93.0||Chick Kick, Middle Rope Bulldog||Stratusfaction|
|Bobby Lashley||Heavyweight||92.0||Dominator, Yokosuka Cutter||The Hurt Lock, Spear|
|Seth Rollins||Light Heavyweight||92.0||Frog Splash, The Pedigree||Curb Stomp|
|Cody Rhodes||Light Heavyweight||91.0||Cody Cutter, Veteranbreaker||Cross Rhodes|
Roman Reigns is the best wrestler in the game, and that comes with no surprise since he has the highest overall rating. His overall rating is probably the highest that any superstar has achieved in a WWE 2K game.
- The Overall Rating Of Roman Reigns is 99.
- Roman has become the most popular superstar in the WWE scene, and it was expected that he’d lead the entire roster in the next game.
- Roman’s move-set includes Powerbombs, Suplexes, Enzu Lariat, Neckbreakers, Clotheslines, Shoulder Tacker, Headbutts, and more.
- His signature move, “Superman Punch,” allows him to deal critical damage to an opponent’s head and temporarily knock them out.
- Roman’s second signature is a Guillotine Choke which is a submission hold which can be executed on a standing opponent.
- Roman’s finishers include a standard spear, which can be performed at any time, and Spear/Superman Punch combo, which can be executed on the stunned opponent at the ring’s corner.
Block Lesnar is our next best superstar that you can main in WWE 2K23, and he has the second-highest overall rating in the game. Brock is known as a beast in WWE, and the same can be said for him in the game.
- Brock Lesnar joins the game with an overall rating of 97.
- His move-set includes a wide array of suplexes, including German Suplex, Suplex Toss, Snap Suplex, Butterfly Suplex, Belly-to-Belly Suplex, Backdrop Suplex, Half and Half Suplex, plus clotheslines, sleeper slams, powerbombs, backbreakers, toss-ins, left and right hooks and much more.
- Brock Has two Signatures; one is Suplex City which allows him to deliver three consecutive German suplexes, and the other is Brock Lock which is his submission hold.
- He also has two finishers; one is his iconic F-5, in which he holds his opponents on his shoulders and spins them around while dropping them onto the mat.
- The other is Kimura Lock, aka the Arm-breaker, which is his ultimate submission hold which deals devastating damage to the opponent’s hands.
“Stone Cold” Steve Austin
Steve Austin is a short-tempered brash wrestler, and his anti-hero personality made him one of the most iconic superstars of the Attitude Era. Austin’s unique spin on the three-quarter facelock jawbreaker not only popularized the Stunner but also gave birth to one of the most iconic finishers ever.
Steve Austin’s wide array of stunning moves is both hard-hitting and crowd-pleasing, which include Body Punch, Double Axe Handle Combo, Gut Kick & Forearm Smash, Jawbreaker, Sidewalk Slam, Inverted Atomic Drop, Texas Piledriver, Gutwrench Suplex, DDT, Bulldog, Headlock Punch, Powerslam, Single Knee Gutbuster, Small Package Hold, Outlaw Stomp, Haymaker, Big Boot and more.
- Stone Cold is a Legend Class wrestler in 2K23 and has a stunning overall rating of 96.
- Austin has two signature moves; one is his well-known 3:16 Thesz Press, where he jumps on a running opponent and delivers a series of punches to the opponent’s face,
- His second signature move is Corner Trapped Knee Lift which can be unleashed on stunned opponents at the ring’s corner.
- Steve Austin’s iconic Stone Cold Stunner is a very simple yet devasting move. Upon execution, Austin delivers a kick to the enemy’s gut and performs a facelock jawbreaker on the kneeling opponent.
Becky Lynch, also known as “The Man,” is highest rated female superstar in WWE 2K23 and has the third-highest overall rating in the game. She holds the record for the longest reign of the WWE RAW Title, and it clearly shows in her skillset.
- Becky Lynch has an overall rating of 96.
- Regarding her move-set in the game, Becky can perform uppercuts, a wide variety of suplexes, various DDTs, clotheslines, Electric Chair Drop, Matt Return, shoulder breakers, powerbombs, dropkicks, and many more.
She has two signature moves, one of which is her iconic submission hold, “Dis-Arm-Her,” where she holds her opponent’s forearm between her midsection, and the other is Molly Go-Round, in which she performs a somersault on her opponent from the top rope.
- Her finisher, “Manhandle Slam,” is a rendition of The Rock’s iconic finisher Rock Bottom. Upon activation of her finisher, she holds her opponent using her forearm and slams them onto the mat, dealing high-critical damage to her opponent’s body.
Next on our list is People’s Champion “The Rock,” who is not also a terrific wrestler but brings an electrifying energy to every match he partakes in.
Like his personality, Rock has an electrifying move-set that includes dropkicks, clothesline, facebusters, gut punches, gut busters, belly-to-belly, People’s Punch, Russian Leg Sweep, Inverted Atomic Drop, Forearm Smash, Seven-Star Lariat, High Knee Smash, and many more.
- The Rock’s overall rating ties with Becky Lynch’s as he also sits at an overall rating of 96.
- The Rock has two signature moves, one of which is a “Spinebuster,” and the other is a submission hold called Sharpshooter, in which he holds both of the opponent’s legs in his hands, flips him over, and leans back on him.
- He uses two finishers to knock out his opponents, People’s Elbow and Rock Bottom. People’s Elbow can be performed while the opponent is down on the ground, while Rock Bottom is activated while the opponent is standing.
The Dead Man needs no introduction, as his legacy and legendary WrestleMania streak speak for itself. Undertaker has always been held in high regard in WWE 2K franchise, and the latest entry in the series is no different.
His move-set helps him live up to his name as it includes a range of various attacks, including Undertaker Punch, Big Boot, Uppercut, Gut Punch, and Old School. Elevated Wrist lock, DDT, clothesline, Shin Breaker, Neck Breaker, Sidewalk Slam, powerbomb, Atomic Drop, and many more.
- The Undertaker joins our list at number 6 with an overall rating of 95.
- The Phenom has two signature attacks, Chokeslam and The Last Ride, which is a more powerful version of a standard powerbomb.
- Undertaker has two finishers to send his opponents to their graves. One is the iconic Tombstone Piledriver, in which he grabs his opponent, turns them around, and goes into a kneeling position.
- The other is Hell’s Lock which is a submission hold; Undertaker can execute on a downed opponent.
Bianca Belair uses a powerhouse fighting style against her opponents and calls herself “the EST of WWE,” which describes her as the strongest, fastest, quickest, toughest, and roughest.
As mentioned above, Bianca doesn’t hold back against her opponent. She flexes her physique with powerful attacks that include Forearm Smash, Gourdbuster, power slams, gutbusters, Gorilla Press/Moonsault Combo, suplexes, Hair Whip, spear, backbreaker, dropkick, and more.
- Bianca is the second-highest-rated female superstar in WWE 2K23 and stands alongside Undertaker with an overall rating of 95.
- Akin to the aforementioned wrestlers, Bianca also has two signature moves. Glam Slam is her first signature attack, where she grabs her opponent from behind, picks her up, and throws them face-first onto the mat.
- Her second signature, “Standard Shooting Star,” is a reverse somersault on a downed opponent.
- She also has two finishers, KOD (Kiss of Death) and 450 Splash.
- KOD can be performed by approaching a standing opponent from the front, and upon its activation, Bianca picks up her opponents, holds them on her shoulder, and drops them face-first onto the ground.
- 450 Splash is somersault dive that can be performed from the top rope on a downed opponent.
There is no wrestler in WWE who can provide more entertaining matches than John Cena; from the way he riles up the crowd to his absolutely monstrous athletic abilities, John Cena is a force to be reckoned with. While John Cena has a lot of variants in 2K23, including an ultimate variant called Super Cena (who has a perfect rating of 100) for our ranking, we will stick to his standard variant.
John Cena is a versatile fighter, and his athletic range is visible in his move-set, which includes Belly -to-Belly, DDT, Hurricanrana, suplexes, powerbomb, Emerald Flowsion, Michinoku Driver, facebusters, Running Crossbody, Thesz Press, clotheslines, Electric Chair Drop, Neckbreaker, Pop-Up Cutter, Avalanche Shove, a wide variety of punches including is iconic Cenation Punch.
- While his other variants from his prime are rated much higher, the standard variant of John Cena is also no joke and sits on an impressive overall rating of 94.
- His signature attacks include a Five Knuckle Shuffle, where John delivers charming Elbow Drop to a downed opponent, and the other is the submission hold called STF Lock.
- John only has one finisher, “Attitude Adjustment,” where he picks up opponents of any size on his shoulders and flips them in a horizontal direction.
- However, there are also many other variants of Attitude Adjustment available in the game, like Catching AA, Double AA, and Avalanche AA, to name a few.
“The Queen” Charlotte Flair is a 14 times women’s champion and has risen against insurmountable odds on many occasions. Her stand-up and dominant attitude is reflected both in her fighting style and move-set.
Some of the best moves under her belt are Knife Edge Chop, Forearm Smash, Big Boot, Lost in the Woods, Showstopper, Fallaway slam, Chop Block, Charlotte’s Web, Neckbreaker, Running Knee Strike, Neck Crank, Running Swanton, and many more,
- The SmackDown Women’s Champion holds a staggering overall rating of 94.
- She has two signature attacks, Moonsault Feint and Spear. Moonsault Fient can only be executed on stunned enemies at the ring’s corner, and Spear can be delivered to standing opponents at any time.
- She has two finishers, one which is a Forward Somersault Cutter called Natural Selection, and the other is Figure 8 Leglock, which is a bridged version of her father’s iconic submission hold Figure 4 Leglock.
Hulk Hogan is one of the toughest wrestlers to ever grace the WWE, and his absolutely monstrous physique speaks for itself. Throughout his career, Hogan has earned many championships and has taken down even the most ferocious superstars.
Hogan’s move-set is comprised of a wide array of punches, uppercuts, hooks, slams, suplexes, grips, squeezes, drops, facebusters, 10 Count Turnbuckle Smash, clotheslines, Biel Throw, chokes, headbutts, elbow strikes, and more.
- Hulk Hogan is a powerhouse and holds an overall rating of 94 in WWE 2K23.
- He has two signature attacks, one of which is a Big Boot to the face, and the other is a submission hold called the “Bear Hug,” where Hogan tightly hugs his opponent and squeezes in until the other guy either gives up or passes out.
- Hulk Hogan’s iconic finisher is a Leg Drop, where Hogan first slams his opponent onto the mat and then unleashes a running Leg Drop upon his adversaries.
“The Viper” Randy Orton is one the most versatile athletes in the business. He has a wide array of unpredictable moves under his belt, and his athletic prowess isn’t toned down in the game at all.
Viper’s wide array of move-set includes Orton Punch, Knuckle Part, Dropkick, Short-Arm Clothesline, Snap Suplex, uppercuts, Russian Leg Sweep, Neckbreaker, Fallaway Slam, DDT, Backbreaker, Clothsline, Powerbomb, Knee Drop, Mounted Punches, Big Boot, 10 Count Punches, Snake Eyes, Decapitator, and Orton Thesz Press.
- Randy Orton joins the list with an overall rating of 93.
- Orton’s signature attack is Spike DDT, where he holds his opponent from the middle rope and delivers a devastating DDT.
- However, if signature prompts are pressed on a downed opponent, Randy Orton performs an alternate signature attack where he delivers a series of devastating kicks on a crawling opponent.
- RKO might be the most popular finisher of all time, and it really deserves that spot. Orton’s unique take on a back cutter and transforming into one of the most iconic and game-changing finishers is a praiseworthy achievement.
- RKO can be executed on many occasions, like countering a flying enemy, opponents climbing a ladder, or standing on top of the table; nothing holds Orton back from striking his prey out of nowhere.
- Orton also has a second finisher which can be executed on a downed opponent and standing near the ring’s corner.
- Upon pressing the prompts, Orton rapidly runs towards his target and delivers a running knee to the face.
Often hailed as the greatest female WWE Superstar, this WWE Hall of Famer is a Legend Class female superstar in WWE 2K23 and is seven times WWE Women’s Champion.
Trish’s huge list of moveset is representative of her skill in the ring, and some of his best moves in the game are High Left Kick, Forearm Smash, Hair Pull Mat Slam, Float-Over Snap Suplex, Tilt-a-Whirl Headscissor, Wrist Clutch Suplex, Jumping Clothesline, Bicycle Pump Kick, Neckbreaker, Bulldog, La Magistral, Stomp Combination, Soccerball Kick, Seated Big Boot, Springboard Headscissor Takedown, and Glitter Blizzard.
- Trish Stratus joins the list of highest-rated female stars in WWE 2K23 and holds an overall rating of 93.
- She has two signature attacks.
- The first one is Chick Kick which is essentially a roundhouse kick right into the opponent’s neck, and the other is Middle Rope Bulldog which is self-explanatory from the name.
- Her finisher Stratusfaction is basically a modified version of Bulldog, where she uses the top rope to gain momentum and smashes her opponent’s head face-first into the ground.
Lashley expertise in mixed martial arts and professional wrestling brings new energy to the ring in the form of moves that combine the best of both worlds.
His list of moves includes Forearm Smash, Big Boot, Clothesline, Gourdbuster, Dropdown Gutbuster, One Handed Spinebuster, Gorilla Slam Miltary Press Powerslam, Stalling Suplex, Running STO, Torture Rack Backbreaker, Oklahoma Stampede, Upside Down Frown. Lift Up Powerbomb, ECW Shoulder Thrust, and Elevated Flatliner.
- Bobby Lashley joins our list of best wrestlers in WWE 2K23 with a mighty rating of 92.
- Lashley has two signature attacks, Dominator, where he picks up his opponent on his right shoulder and drops him face-first onto the ground.
- And the other is the Yokosuka Cutter which is a similar facefirst slam attack but can only be executed on a downed opponent.
- Bobby has two finishers in the game, one of which is his standard submission hold called “The Hurt Lock,” where he holds his opponent from behind and applies pressure to their underarms.
- And the other is a standard but lethal “Spear.”
“The Architect of the Shield” Seth Rollins’s athletic skills, slams, and finishers are just as cunning and charming as his personality. Rollins’s move-set in 2K23 s comprised of the many technical attacks he has used throughout the years as a WWE Superstar.
Some of Seth’s coolest attacks are Sole Kick, Sling Blade, Visionary Forearm, Arm Breaker, School Boy Super Kick, Revolution Knee, Enzuigiri, X Factor, Standing Shiranui Superkick, Flying Heel Kick, High Knee Smash, Sit-Out Powerbomb, Face Stretch, KO, Wrecking Ball Dropkick, Rope Assisted Stomp, and Suicide Dive.
- Seth “Frekin” Rollins is our second last entry on the list and has an overall rating of 92.
- Rollins is known for fighting with his kicks, and that has been heavily integrated into his combos.
- Mr. Architect has two signature attacks; one is Frog Splash which he performs from the top rope, and the other is the iconic finisher of Triple H, “The Pedigree.”
- Seth Rollins’s main finisher is the Curb Stomp, where he runs toward a kneeling opponent and stomps their head into the ground, making it one of the most lethal finishers in WWE.
- His Curb Stomp also has another deadlier variation which can be performed on a stunned opponent at the ring’s corner called “Springboard Blackout.”
The American Dream” Cody Rhodes’s return to WWE has been nothing short of spectacular, and the new persona and energy he brought made him an instant fan favorite. This new version of Cody Rhodes is present in the latest installment of the WWE 2K franchise, and his current version is Cody Rhodes’s highest-rated version.
Some of his best attacks are Throat Thurst, Bionic Elbow Dark Matter, Final Cut, Alabama Slam, Running Forearm Smash, Springboard Roundhouse, Rope Hung Flatliner, Hip Toss, Hell Hook Stretch, Ripcord Lariat, and Drop Down Overhead Kick.
- Cody Rhodes joins our list of best wrestlers in WWE 2K23 as the last entry and has an overall rating of 91.
- Rhodes’s current version is the best he has ever been, and likewise, his moveset has also been updated in the game to fit the current meta.
- Akin to many other wrestlers on this list, Cody also has two signature attacks; Cody Cutter and Veteranbreaker.
- Cody Rhodes uses Cross Rhodes as his primary finisher, where he grabs his opponent under his forearm and then spins horizontally, delivering a devastating facebuster.
WWE 2K games are a dream come true for wrestling fans, and 2K23 is probably one of the best games that we’ve seen in the series. It brings back so many superstars to play as, and things get even more fun in the multiplayer mode of the game. Nevertheless, pulling off the finishers and signature moves of your favorite WWE superstars is what the game is all about.
This concludes our guide on the Best Wrestlers out of the huge roster of Superstars in WWE 2K23. We have entailed the 15 best characters that you can main in the game. We hope that the guide was helpful for you in choosing your next wrestler. Let us know what you think about WWE 2K23 in the comments below!
- WWE 2K23: All Arenas And How To Customize
- WWE 2K23 Entrances List
- how to unlock all characters in WWE 2K23
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍