The M13B was not a part of the weapon arsenal in Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 until the release of Season 1. After experimenting around with the different perks and attachments on the gun, we have put together our best loadout for M13B in Modern Warfare 2.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the tradition of allowing customizability when it comes to making weapon classes.
- The game comes with even advanced features that allow for maximum customizability according to personal preference.
- The M13B is one of the best Assault Rifles that the game has to offer.
- With the attachments and perks we have chosen for the best M13B weapon class setup, you will be able to obliterate all the enemies that you face in Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
Best M13B Loadout And Attachments
For the attachments for the M13B, we have picked the following as the ones for the best Modern Warfare 2 M13B Loadout:
- Underbarrel: FSS Sharkfin or FTAC Ripper 56
- Muzzle: Echoless-80
- Magazine: 45 Round Mag
- Rear Grip: D37 Grip
- Laser: VLK LZR 7 MW
Making use of the attachments mentioned above will help you be prepared for almost every situation that you can imagine. Whether it is for situations involving close combat or a fight taking place at long range, the M13B will prove to be very handy with the mentioned attachments. The stats that we are focusing on happen to be the damage range of the gun along with the recoil control. These attachments serve the purpose of enhancing these stats to
Advantages Of The M13B Weapon Class Attachments
- For the Underbarrel, the FSS Sharkfin is a very good attachment that serves to boost the stability of the weapon considerably. It also maximizes recoil control. On the other hand, the FTAC Ripper 56 is also a very good attachment for the slot of the Underbarrel. It also serves to improve the recoil control of the gun.
- For the Muzzle, the Echoless-80 serves to enhance the velocity of the bullets to a considerable extent. It also increases recoil control. It also serves to enhance the damage range of the M13B while also providing sound suppression for your weapons, enhancing stealth.
- For the Magazine, the 45-Round Mag functions to enhance your magazine’s bullet capacity. This especially comes in handy when you have to face multiple opponents and obliterate them all at once. There is also the option to go with the 60 Round Mag, but it is highly discouraged to use that one. The reason is that it increases the “aim down the sight” time by a considerable margin. That is something that is highly undesirable in a fast-paced multiplayer shooter title like Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
- For the Rear Grip, we have chosen the D37 Grip as the best one for our best M13B weapon class loadout. The D37 Grip is an extremely good attachment as it helps in controlling recoil considerably, which is much required, especially for long-range combat situations.
- Lastly, for the Laser, we have chosen the VLK LZR 7MW. The VLK LZR 7MW serves to enhance the aim down the sight speed of the M13B by a lot. Moreover, it also serves to improve the stability of the aim of the weapon.
Aside from the best attachments that we have mentioned above for the best M13B weapon class setup in Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, we have a few other names worthy of mention. You could go with the 14″ Bruen Echelon Barrel as well for your M13B weapon class setup in Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. The Bruen Echelon serves to extend the range, enhance the bullet velocity and also give you better recoil control combined with the Echoless-80.
Another attachment worthy of mention is the Cronen Mini Pro as the go-to Optic. Cronen Mini Pro is one of the optics with blue reticle in Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. The Cronen Mini Pro does not cover a large part of the field of view of the player. This allows for better vision even when the player has aimed down the sight. The design makes it easier for the player to see enemies in the frame.
Unlocking More Attachments
If you want to play around with other attachments and make your own custom attachments build, you will have to unlock them. This can be done by leveling up different weapons in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. For instance, once you unlock the 0.50 GS handgun, you have to level it up until you reach level 4 to unlock the Corio RE-X Pro sight.
Make sure to play with as many weapons as you can as you unlock more weapons and attachments along the way.
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 also comes with a feature known as Weapon Tuning, which can be unlocked by maxed-out leveling any weapon. Weapon Tuning allows you to tweak the weapon’s stats further with even greater customizability. This is also done by tweaking the attachments and will allow you to design the weapon to match your preference completely.
Best M13B Class Build (Perks And Equipment)
For the perks and equipment for M13B, we have picked the following as the ones for the best Modern Warfare 2 M13B Loadout:
- Basic Perk 1: Overkill or Bomb Squad
- Basic Perk 2: Scavenger or Double Time
- Bonus Perk: Fast Hands
- Ultimate Perk: Ghost or Quick Fix
- Secondary Weapon: X13
- Tactical Equipment: Stim
- Lethal Equipment: Proximity Mine or Semtex
- Field Upgrade: Munitions Box or Dead Silence
Overkill and Scavenger are aimed at making quick combat easier for you. Overkill allows you to have two primary weapons at the same time. In Modern Warfare 2, you need to have Scavenger in order to pick up ammo from dead bodies lying around. In a fast-paced multiplayer environment where everyone is going around shooting enemies relentlessly, being able to pick dropped ammo from the corpses lying around is crucial to gameplay.
Alternatives to these are Bomb Squad and Double Time. Bomb Squad helps protect you from different forms of explosives, while Double Time helps you sprint even faster, which is definitely a much-required feat.
Fast Hands is the entry for our recommended Bonus Perk in Modern Warfare 2. As the name indicates, Fast Hands primarily allows you to reload faster. In addition to that, it also allows you to switch to your secondary gun as well as to use equipment faster as well. It comes in very handy when you are carrying a secondary weapon combined with Scavenger.
The M13B’s reload speed is a bit tardy in Modern Warfare 2, so having Fast Hands on M13B is absolutely crucial. In fact, Fast Hands can be equipped with any given Assault Rifle in Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
For the Ultimate Perk, Ghost is undoubtedly a must-have option considering its up-time. It essentially keeps you invisible from being detected on the enemy’s UAVs, Heartbeat Sensors, and Portable Radars. This allows you to sneak around the map effortlessly with maximum stealth.
A good alternative is Quick Fix. It helps you to survive during combat and also allows health regeneration upon every kill that you make.
For the Secondary Weapon, we have chosen X13 as the best option. The highly specialized, fully automatic trigger assembly of the X13 delivers a staggering 20 rounds per second. Although it comes with a price of diminished accuracy and effective range,
For the Tactical Weapon, we have chosen the Stun Grenade, which has been the go-to secondary grenade for Call of Duty players for generations. It helps you disorientate enemies before entering rooms or corridors, giving you an advantage over them. You could spice things up by taking the Expedite 12 out to confirm kills with this strategy.
The Stun Grenade is not available until you hit level 15. The Flash Grenade can serve a very similar purpose in that it does blind the enemy like a Stun Grenade does but does not slow them down.
The Proximity Mine has also been a very beloved equipment of Call of Duty players for generations. It helps you take advantage of coverings and the element of surprise behind doors and corridors. It can also be used defensively at the entrances of rooms and corridors where you are hidden from the enemy.
An alternative to the Proximity Mine is Semtex. Semtex might not be as handy as a stun grenade, but it does help deal quite some damage to the enemy, which is always required.
You could also go with the Frag Grenade for your Lethal Weapon. Unlike Proximity Mines, Frag Grenades are much more offensive and help you clear out rooms and other dense areas of the enemy in one go.
For the final entry on the best M13B loadout for Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, we have the Field Upgrade. We have chosen Munitions Box as the go-to option for your Field Upgrade.
Munitions Box throws a box of ammunition in front of the player, which automatically gives one magazine for nearby teammates’ weapons and can be interacted with to give one of each equipment. The owner also receives points whenever a teammate is resupplied by the Munitions Box. It is available by default.
The Munitions Box can be destroyed, causing it to explode and deal damage in the process.
Portable Radar And Dead Silence
As the Munitions Box is not available until you hit level 16, you can go for the Portable Radar, which is unlocked when you hit level 5. Portable Radar emits a periodic ping to detect nearby enemies.
A good alternative to Munitions Box is Dead Silence. Dead Silence serves to temporarily make your footsteps silent, allowing you to maximize stealth. The duration of Dead Silence is refreshed upon killing an enemy with a gun, melee, or throwing a knife.
How To Unlock The M13B In Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2
In order to unlock the M13B for you to use, you will have to enter the DMZ and kill a boss named The Chemist. The Chemist happens to be holding the M13B hostage. The only way to unlock it for yourself is to kill the Chemist and collect the weapon from him.
Once you have taken out the Chemist, he will drop the M13B. You are to pick it up and then shoot for the extraction point. It is worth mentioning here that even if you have the gun in hand, you can still fail to unlock it should you not be able to extract it successfully. However, once you have successfully extracted the gun, you will receive a notice that you have unlocked the weapon during the mission debrief.
The M13B has a lot of customizability, especially when it comes to the number of attachments that it boasts in Modern Warfare 2. This essentially makes this AR one of the best weapons in Modern Warfare 2. The M13B is a perfect fit for almost any situation that the player might be in. Whether taking out an enemy from afar or for situations involving close combat, M13B will always have your back.
Season 1 of Modern Warfare 2 is here, and it brings along with it a tremendous lot of content. The M13B is one of the four brand new weapons available to take in the game with the launch of Season 1 in Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Assault Rifles have generally been one of the most, if not the most popular, weapon classes in Call of Duty games, and Modern Warfare 2 is no exception.
This has been our take on the best M13B setup in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. Let us know what you think of the loadout we have put forward. In the meanwhile, we recommend that you go check out our guide on the best loadout for the M4 Assault Rifle. Are you looking for a good SMG to obliterate your enemies with? Make sure to check out our guide on the best loadout for the FSS Hurricane SMG.
Do make sure to check out our explainer on the Vault Edition and all the content that it comes with. Last but not least, do make sure to check out our guide on how to unlock prestige.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍