Hard West 2 is the latest tactical turned-based shooter developed by Ice Code Games and published by Good Shepherd Entertainment. You control a posse filled with dead outlaws, ominous witches, and merciless hunters. Today we will be discussing all the skills and tips for Cla’Lish in Hard West 2.
Very much like cup head’s premise, with one bad deal with the devil, your group loses their souls, which marks the beginning of their journeys. Your posse is led by Gin Carter, who is a dubious con man with outstanding sharpshooting skills.
While Laughing Deer will be there for you from the start, you will meet other very intriguing characters, including the grumpy dead outlaw Old Man Bill, Native American sharpshooter Cla’Lish and the enigmatic witch Flynn along the way too.
Hard West 2 takes a lot of inspiration from genre pioneers like XCOM and puts its own unique twist on it. While you are not on missions, you can explore the supernatural lands of Hard West 2 and engage in the banter between your fellow gang members to strengthen your bonds with them.
Who Is Cla’Lish In Hard West 2
As evident from her appearance, Cla’Lish is a huntress hailing from the northwestern tribes of whale hunters. After surviving a massacre when she was a teen, Cla’Lish got gifted with a mysterious power, which she strives to keep under her control.
Cla’Lish has high command over archery, making her great for ranged battles, and her overall appearance is reminiscent of Native American hunters, which gives her a threatening aura.
Cla’Lish can be recruited to your posse during the first chapter of Hard West 2. You can find Cla’Lish in Zeke’s Trading post, where she’ll request you to rescue her tribe’s leader from the enemies. After you do her this favor, she’ll become a loyal companion who will aid you in all of your future battles.
All Card Skills For Cla’Lish
Hard West 2 features a rather unorthodox method of leveling up and unlocking skills, which is just as unique as the game’s supernatural western setting. Over the course of the game, you will obtain cards as rewards for completing missions.
With these cards, you’ll be able to form different poker hands-on character menu screens. The better poker hand you have, the better skill you will unlock. The ranking of these skills works the same as it does for poker hand combinations.
Establishing hands like “Pair” and “Two Pair” would let you equip the more basic skills for your characters. Similarly, using your cards to create “Royal Flush” and “Five of a Kind” will let you equip your characters with the best skills you can unlock for that character.
This was a basic overview of how to unlock skills for your characters in Hard West 2. Now without further ado, let’s discuss all the skills you can unlock for Cla’Lish in Hard West 2.
- Requirement: Default
- Rifleman gives you a +1 damage boost when using rifles.
- Requirement: Default
- Horseback Riding gives you a movement bonus while riding on the battlefield. Furthermore, it also increases your resistance to effects like burn and crippling. Your chances of getting hit by enemies are reduced by 25% as well.
- Requirement: Loyalty – Ally
- Fireproof skill makes you highly resistant to getting burned.
- Requirement: Loyalty – Friend
- “Fate Foretold” gives you a +1 increase in weapon damage when you have 100 luck during your turn.
- Requirement: Pair
- For a character that is predominantly skilled in ranged combat, Eagle Eye is a great addition. This skill allows her to reveal the “fog of war” at a longer range.
Deceptive Spirit I
Requirement: Two Pair
- Deceptive Spirit is Cla’Lish’s special ability in Hard West 2. The massacre she saw in her teenager allowed her to converse with the spirits of the dead. Cla’Lish can call forth upon the spirits of vengeful warriors, who can fill her enemies with fright and terror.
- During battles, the summoned spirits will distract your enemies for one round.
- Requirement: Three of a Kind
- “Killer Instinct” increases your bullseye chance by 10% when you have Bravado status.
- Requirement: Straight
- With this skill unlocked, your damage with melee weapons is increased by +1.
- Requirement: Flush
- “Holding Breath” will give you a +1 bullseye damage multiplier if you have half cover at the start of your turn.
Deceptive Spirit II
- Requirement: Full House
- An upgraded version of Cla’Lish’s special ability. Spirits awakened through the use of Deceptive Spirit II will be able to move and attack as well. This effect will last two rounds.
- Requirement: Four of a Kind
- “Wounded Lynx” will give you a +5 speed/movement boost if your health is below 75% at the start of your turn.
- Requirement: Straight Flush
- Another great skill you should unlock for Cla’Lish is to boost her ranged attack capabilities. Sharpshooter increases your bullseye chances by 5% when using rifles.
Deceptive Spirit III
- Requirement: Royal Flush
- The final form of Deceptive Spirit. When using Deceptive Spirit III, the summoned spirits will cripple any enemy they hit.
- Requirement: Five of a Kind
- “Watchful” gives you a duelist status at the start of your turn.
Weapon Loadout For Cla’Lish
Our recommended weapon for Cla’Lish is a rifle. For someone who is skilled in ranged combat and can snipe enemies from afar, this should be your main weapon of choice. Furthermore, most of her perks give her a damage boost when using rifles or when she is fighting from a safe distance, so Cla’Lish should be utilized a lot for taking out opponents from a distance.
Other than that, you can equip her with a melee weapon as well because there is no telling when you will be vulnerable to enemies at close range. So having a melee weapon with you for those times can save you from a lot of trouble.
Tips For Cla’Lish In Hard West 2
To prepare Cla’Lish for all early encounters you will face, the first thing you should focus on is her special ability, “Deceptive Spirit”. Complete missions to obtain cards and get yourself a “Two Pair” poker hand to unlock Deceptive Spirit.
Continue the same momentum for its upgrades as well, such as Deceptive Spirit II and III, which can be unlocked by having a “Full House” and “Royal Flush” poker hand. Spades and Diamonds are our recommended card suits for Cla’Lish since they give her luck and bullseye stat a decent boost.
Overall, her special ability is not as devastating and deadly as her fellow gang members, but it still is not completely useless. Deceptive Spirit III allows you to cripple your opponents, and its cooldown only lasts two turns.
In other words, this skill will be available at your disposal most of the time, and disabled opponents can’t do much. This will overall severely increase your success chances.
This concludes our guide for Cla’Lish in Hard West 2. Let us know your thoughts on the game in the comments below.
Next: Hard West 2 Review
Good job! Please give your positive feedback ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍