Cult Of The Lamb Cooking: All Food Types & Effects

In our guide we will look into everything there is to know about cooking in Cult Of The Lamb.

Cooking can certainly be a pivotal part of the Cult Of The Lamb game and is not easy to get the hang of at first. This is why we have an in-depth Cult Of The Lamb cooking guide for you!

Key Takeaways
  • Cult Of The Lamb has many things for players to grind and achieve, such as weapons, followers, and food.
  • You can cook food by using a cooking pot that you will be given at a certain tutorial, and cooking requires materials so you can cook.
  • There are also many recipes for food that you can cook, but you need ingredients for them, and there are 19 of them.
  • Some of the recipes that you can cook are Berry Bowl, Splendid Vegetable Feast, Mighty Meat Feast, and Modest Mixed Meal.

How To Cook

Constructing the Cooking Pot is a key tutorial task, providing access to unlocked recipes for selection. Embracing the game tutorial is crucial for unlocking the cooking pot, a vital tool for in-game cooking. 

cult of the lam cooking
Cooking in Cult of the lamb

The Cooking Pot has no cooldown, allowing repeated use with sufficient supplies. It can cook up to twelve meals simultaneously, as indicated by the lower-right corner of each meal’s icon, representing available preparation times.

As you line up meals, the values decrease due to overlapping ingredients in other recipes. Stay vigilant about resources, as haphazard cooking can deplete them quickly, leading to malnutrition and illness among your people. Only cook when necessary and understand your followers’ needs to avoid becoming a cult leader with no followers.

Selecting The Menu

Number of meals that can be cooked
Number of meals that cane be made in the game

After you have all of it sorted out, you will have to work on the menu. Selecting the Cook button at the bottom of the screen launches a quick minigame once you’ve chosen a meal. To successfully prepare the subsequent dish in the lineup, press the interact key when the icon is in the green zone. If you fail, the food will burn, and you will have to clean up the mess. So, as you can see, making food is no joke.

Feeding Your Followers

So now that you know how to cook food, let’s now look into how to feed your followers. This is, of course, one of the most important parts of my Cult of the Lamb cooking guide, in my opinion.

  • When food is available, hungry believers prioritize eating over other activities.
  • They gather in the feeding area and, guided by the wisdom of the Flock, avoid crowding around the same food.
  • The hungriest followers are served first, except when a follower has a quest request for a specific meal, allowing them to skip the queue.
  • In rare instances where followers haven’t eaten for a day or two, a Starving state may occur.
  • A Starvation meter above their heads gradually fills, turning red when full, resulting in instant death.
  • Prevent this scenario at all costs by ensuring followers eat regularly, eliminating the Starving status.

How To Unlock Recipes In Cult of the Lamb

After all, you will not be able to cook for your people if you do not have recipes. If you are worried about how to find them, do not fret. We have you covered!

After you have all the ingredients needed, a recipe will usually automatically become available in the Cooking Pot. Blueprints or Follower Form manuscripts are not among the scrolls that can be found with new recipes. The most famous and popular dish in the game, however, can only be made after undertaking a specific task, even if you already have the components.

A Follower will reveal a secret wish to the Lamb early in the game. You’ll be asked to make a bowl of poop for them. You can add the disgusting brew to your cookbook by fulfilling the task. Also, you can access the Poop Follower Form after cooking five of them.

Where To Find Main Ingredients

Following is a list of ingredients and where to find them:

Ingredient Name Where to find it
Beetroot It is cultivated on farm plots or located in the Silk Cradle.
Berries It is cultivated on farm plots or discovered in Darkwood.
Blowfish Found in Pilgrim’s Passage fishing (Uncommon).
Bone The enemy drops and destroys their skeletons to gather.
Cauliflower  It is cultivated on farm plots or discovered in Anchordeep.
Crab Found in Pilgrim’s Passage fishing (Rare).
Fertilizer  It is received when emptying outhouses or cleaning up waste.
Follower Meat It is obtainable from deceased Followers. Further obtained after making a Sacrifice. 
Grass It is found while on a crusade by chopping tall grass. 
Lobster Found in Pilgrim’s Passage fishing (Rare) 
Meat It is seldom dropped by foes.
Minnow Found in Pilgrim’s Passage fishing (common)
Morsels  Use an improved Scarecrow to catch spiders in the village at night or to catch birds.
Octopus Found in Pilgrim’s Passage fishing (Rare)
Pumpkin Found in Pilgrim’s Passage fishing (Uncommon)
Salmon Found in pilgrim’s Passage fishing (Rare)
Squid Found in Pilgrim’s Passage fishing (Rare)
Swordfish Found in Pilgrim’s Passage fishing (Very Rare)
Tuna Found in Pilgrim’s Passage fishing (Uncommon)

Different Types Of Food And Their Effects

Following is an extensive list of all the food recipes and their effects:

Recipe NameIngredientsEffects
Basic Berry Bowl6 Berries15% chance of causing follower to go poop, restores hunger
Paltry Pumpkin Soup4 Pumpkins5% chance of follower getting sick, satisfies hunger
Cheery Cauliflower Chowder4 Cauliflowers25% chance of follower giving resources, 5% chance of follower getting sick, satisfies hunger
Splendid Vegetable Feast6 Beetroot, 2 Cauliflower,
2 Pumpkins
Increases follower's devotion by 50%, cult gains 5 Faith, satisfies hunger
Stringy Meat Gruel3 Morsels10% chance of wearing out follower, satisfies hunger
Hearty Meat Broth2 Meat25% chance of follower giving resources, 15% chance of follower going poop, satisfies hunger
Mighty Meat Feast4 Meat, 1 Crab, 1 Lobster75% chance of follower giving money, satisfies hunger
Pungent Fish Stew3 Minnow10% chance of follower getting sick, satisfies hunger
Tasty Fish Meal3 Salmon25% chance of followers giving money, 15% chance of follower throwing up, satisfies hunger
Delicious Fish Feast1 Blowfish, 1 Octopus, 1
Squid, 1 Swordfish
25% chance of follower giving resources, 30% chance of curing illness, satisfies hunger
Meager Mixed Meal4 Berries, 2 Minnows, 2
Morsels
10% chance of follower becoming more loyal
Modest Mixed Meal4 Pumpkins, 2 Salmon, 2
Meat
20% chance of follower becoming more loyal, satisfies hunger
Magnificent Mixed Meal4 Beets, 2 Tuna, 2 MeatIncreases follower's loyalty, satisfies hunger
Grassy Gruel5 Grass25% chance of follower getting sick, cult loses 5 Faith, satisfies hunger
Bowl Of Poop3 Fertilizer50% chance of follower getting sick, cult loses 20 Faith, satisfies hunger
Minced Follower Meat5 Bones, 3 Follower Meat75% chance of follower getting sick, 25% chance of follower becoming more loyal
Deadly FishFollower Meat, 1
Fertilizer, 1 Grass
Provides resources to the Lamb, 75% chance of follower dying (cult gains 5 Faith if Cannibalism Doctrine is activated), satisfies hunger if follower survives

We hope our Cult of the Lamb cooking guide was helpful and solved your issues about the game!

Next: BEST Cult Of The Lamb Tarot Cards

Did you find this article helpful?

Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡

How can we make this post better? Your help would be appreciated. ✍

Get up-to-speed gaming updates delivered right to your inbox.

We don’t spam! Read more in our privacy policy.


Moiz Banoori is the brains behind eXputer. Having worked at various Video Game sites, with 8 years of Content Writing Experience and a Journalism Degree at hand, he presently monitors teams, creates strategies, and publishes qualified pieces through his aptitude at eXputer. Feel free to get in touch with him through his gaming profile on Steam and PSN.

Experience: 8+ Years || Manages Teams, Creates Strategies, and Publishes Guides on eXputer || Education: Bachelors in Journalism.

Related Articles