Cuphead The Delicious Last Course is the newest DLC of Cuphead, and it has brought a lot of new exciting locations and bosses. Among those new additions, there is a puzzle and an item that has all the players. We’re referring to the Cuphead Graveyard Puzzle and the Broken Relic. But worry not, as we’ll guide you through and show you exactly what you need to do to clear the puzzle and use the item!
How To Solve The Graveyard Puzzle?
The Cuphead Graveyard Puzzle, also referred to as the Ghost Puzzle, can be found in the Howling Aces Region, the same place where the Doggone Dogfight is! In order to reach that region, you must defeat Glumstone the Giant and Mortimer Freeze or Moonshine Mob and Esther Winchester.
To solve the Graveyard Puzzle and unlock the secret boss fight, follow these steps:
- Get the Broken Relic Charm: Purchase the “Broken Relic” charm from Porkrind Emporium for one coin. You can find coins in various locations, including talking to the paper boy near the bakery and behind Porkrind’s shop.
- Talk to the Climbers: Locate the three climbers standing on podiums just before the entrance to Glumstone The Giant’s area. Talk to them to gather hints for the puzzle. These hints will include directions like “top left” or “down right.”
- Decode the Directions: Pay attention to the directions provided by the climbers in their dialogue. These directions indicate the order in which you need to interact with the tombstones in the graveyard.
- Starting Point: Always begin at the center tombstone in the graveyard.
- Follow the Directions: Based on the climbers’ hints, interact with the tombstones in the specified order. Each interaction will summon ghosts.
- Completion: After interacting with the tombstones in the correct sequence, a beam of light will shine down on the center tombstone, indicating the puzzle’s completion.
- Secret Boss Fight: Choose to take a nap when prompted, and you will unlock the secret boss fight.
Remember that the order and directions for each player/save game may vary, so use the climbers’ hints as a guide to figure out your specific sequence. Be cautious of hints that might be disguised as misleading directions.
Cuphead Secret Boss Fight
You might’ve heard of the Cuphead cursed relic. But if you want to unlock it, you must first complete the graveyard puzzle that we discussed in the last section. Completing that will unlock a secret boss fight in the game.
When you get past the boss fight, you’ll be awarded the cursed relic. Therefore, let’s discuss that boss fight and what you need to do to get past it!
- Initiating the Fight: To start the secret boss fight, take a nap near the tombstone with the beaming light in the graveyard.
- Two Characters Above: In the boss fight arena, you’ll notice two characters above your head: an angel and a devil. Focus primarily on the devil, as the angel’s attacks cannot harm you.
- Shifting Characters: The positions of the angel and devil change according to the direction you are facing. When you look left, the devil will be on the left side of the screen, and vice versa.
- Shifting Projectile Attacks: Both the angel and devil will launch projectiles at you during the fight. The angel’s attacks appear transparent and harmless, while the devil’s attacks are fiery orange fireballs. Changing your direction will transform the attacks, so be cautious. You can parry pink fireballs.
- Moving Beam: Watch out for a vertical beam that can be initiated by either the devil or the angel. The beam may start transparent or fiery, depending on its source. Changing your direction can alter the beam’s nature. Dodge it by briefly changing your direction as it passes.
- The Floating Cloud: There’s a floating cloud with lightning beneath it. You can jump over or dash under it, but the best option is to jump on top of it. The cloud sways from side to side, helping you dodge many projectiles. Use it to create distance from the attacks.
- Consider using the auto-aim/tracking shot for convenience as you’ll be focused on dodging attacks.
- Equip the Smoke Dash charm with Cuphead or Mugman to dash through projectiles and the beam.
- If you’re playing as Ms. Chalice, use her invincible ground roll to avoid attacks (note that it doesn’t work in the air).
Keep shooting the devil and dodging attacks, and eventually, you’ll emerge victorious in the secret boss fight, earning the Cuphead Cursed Relic as your reward.
The Cuphead Cursed Relic
After you complete the Graveyard Puzzle using the broken relic, you can fight against the secret boss. And after you defeat the boss using the strategies in the previous section, your broken relic will turn into the Cursed Relic.
After you defeat the secret boss, you will be taken back to the area with the tombstones. The ghost behind the tree will have some dialogue in which it will mention that your broken relic has transformed into the cursed relic by saying, “with a great foe, more evil shall go.”
What Does The Cursed Relic Do?
The Cursed Relic does exactly what it sounds like it’d do. It curses you. The description states that it is a “jinxed curio that inflicts various status ailments” and burdens the host.
Essentially, whenever you go into any fight, you will only have one heart throughout the entire fight. On top of that, each time you shoot your gun, it will be a different shot. It could either be the spread shot, the peashooter, the tri-shot, or the wrap-around bullets. They’ll be random, and there’s no way of predicting what you’ll get next.
But, if you’re able to beat all the bosses with the Cursed Relic equipped, you’ll get the Paladin Trophy/Achievement. So, there is at least one reward for undergoing all that torture.
With that, you know everything about the Graveyard Puzzle and how you can use the Broken Relic to complete it and unlock the secret boss. And after beating the boss, you’ll get the Cursed Relic that you can use to make the game more challenging than it already is and unlock an achievement!
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍