The Cursed Ring in Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII Reunion is one of the game’s accessories that you can equip on Zack Fair to alter his stats or abilities. The accessory in question here is literally found during the opening of the first chapter of the game but it has a unique perk, to say the least. It isn’t necessarily something you will need to acquire for 100 percent completion nor to help you in combat but it does help you grind for exp and levels as quickly as possible in the early stages of Crisis Core Reunion.
Crisis Core FFVII Reunion features various accessories for Zack, including the secret item, the Cursed Ring.
- The Cursed Ring is unlockable in the first chapter and has unique effects: it restricts the DMW system and halts Zack’s leveling.
- However, after removing the Cursed Ring, players can farm Exp and level up multiple times.
- Additionally, the Cursed Ring provides a significant stat boost, aiding early-game progress.
- Players can choose to use the Cursed Ring for a more challenging experience, as it negates leveling and the DMW system.
The Explanation Of The Cursed Ring
The Cursed Ring in the game has unique effects that may be a bit complex, especially for newcomers or those unfamiliar with the game’s mechanics. Let’s break down its functionality:
- DMW System: The Cursed Ring affects the DMW (Digital Mind Wave) system, a slot machine-like feature in the game that appears during combat. The DMW system produces various combinations that grant Zack, the hero, Limit Breaks, buffs, and other advantages when matched correctly.
- ‘777’ Combination: One of the valuable effects within the DMW system is the ‘777’ combination. This combination allows you to level up Zack by using the accumulated experience (EXP) gained from defeating enemies. The more EXP you store, the higher the chances of the DMW system landing on ‘777’.
- Cursed Ring’s Impact: Equipping the Cursed Ring nullifies the leveling-up effect of the DMW system. Instead, it enables you to accumulate EXP without leveling up Zack. This strategy can be used to amass a significant amount of EXP without increasing Zack’s level.
- Strategic Advantage: By temporarily using the Cursed Ring to prevent level-ups, you can manipulate the DMW system to your advantage. After removing the ring, the odds of landing on ‘777’ in the DMW system increase significantly. This can result in rapid level-ups for Zack, making him exceptionally powerful, especially in the early stages of the game.
- Stat Bonus: The Cursed Ring provides Zack with a +10 bonus in all stats, offering some compensation for disabling the DMW system. However, its primary use lies in farming EXP rather than enhancing combat abilities.
In summary, the Cursed Ring alters the game’s mechanics by allowing you to accumulate EXP without leveling up, making it a valuable tool for strategic gameplay. It can significantly boost Zack’s power if used wisely, but it may also add an extra layer of challenge to the game if equipped for reasons other than farming EXP.
How To Unlock It The Cursed Ring
The process of unlocking the Cursed Ring is fairly simple, but that can easily be missed thankfully if you’re not that far into the game progress-wise and have a save file right at the beginning of Chapter 1, then you’re in luck.
- Start a new game or load a save file at the beginning of Chapter 1.
- During the intro of Chapter 1, Zack will receive a tutorial from his friend Kunsel about various game mechanics, including the Supply Pods.
- After Kunsel explains the Supply Pods, interact with one of the empty supply pods in the Shinra HQ.
- Continue to interact with the empty supply pods a total of 20 times. Each interaction will prompt Kunsel to mention that there’s a limit to the free items.
- On the 20th interaction, Kunsel will finally give in and say, “Fine, Fine, If you want more, I’ll give you what I got today.”
- At this point, Kunsel will reward you with the Cursed Ring.
- Equip the Cursed Ring, and it will disable the DMW (Digital Mind Wave) system, which, in turn, negates the leveling mechanic for Zack.
According to a GameFAQ Forum Post on the Original Crisis Core, we can deduce the fact that the cursed ring is only unlockable in Chapter 1 so unfortunately, if you want it that much, you will probably need to start the game over unless you have a backup save file of the first chapter.
Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII Reunion is a remaster done right. It not only shows that Square Enix is still passionate about their classic fan-favorite titles but that with a game polished and revamped such as this, it will usher in a whole new audience of players to experience Zack Fair’s rollercoaster journey. The remaster is stellar, from the combat to the characters, which you can learn all about more in detail with our Review of Crisis Core Reunion.
The bosses in the game such as Bahamut Fury will probably give you a tough time, especially on the harder difficulties but later on, once you receive the iconic Buster Sword, it will make a whole new difference in combat. Furthermore, if you’re trying to grind out the Platinum Trophy/100 Percent Completion for the game then consider checking out our detailed guides for the Mako Recovery and Good Match For Aerith Trophy.
For now though, this concludes our guide on how to acquire the Cursed Ring in the game. If you enjoyed reading it then be sure to let us know about your experience with the game down in the comments below. If there is any question you may have regarding the topic or anything that we missed, then let us know so we can point you in the right direction as soon as possible!
- All Editions Of Crisis Core Reunion
- Hojo Questions And Answers
- Laughing Safe Code Combination
- How To Get Costly Punch
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍