Dark And Darker is a game that is best known to be played as a team but considering that players are going to be wanting to test out their strengths, the High-Roller allows players to go solo, which is where players might need help figuring out what the Dark And Darker Best Solo Class might be and might need assistance in how the overall playstyle runs, abilities and more!
Now, one of the first things that players should keep in mind is that there aren’t a lot of classes that can solo the High-Roller modes; since the difficulty of the game mode has already been amped up, players need to be careful with the classes that they pick out whenever they are diving head-first into solo-playing.
Players will have to choose carefully if they want to go for an onfield fighting style or if they simply want to rat away their game, and classes will be categorized according to the preferred playstyle.
Now, when it comes to the overall playstyle of the rogue class, players who decide to go as a rogue will be able to take advantage of their invisibility. Rogues can take forth a deceptive look, being able to slip through other players without letting them know of their existence to carry out their deeds.
The invisibility allows for ultimate stealth gameplay, and players won’t have to hide out consistently if they dare to go solo. There’s a reason why the rogue is described as a sly assassin; they’re literally able to move between the cracks without making too much sound and can easily get through any fight or situation.
When it comes to the skills that the rogue class has to offer
- Hide: With the hide skill, players will be able to become invisible, which allows them to stay hidden whenever they are playing solo, and players will also be able to change their equipment if they have it while they are invisible.
- Smoke Bomb: With a smoke bomb in hand, players can launch a smoke grenade which will instantly launch out a smoke screen. With that benign there, the smoke screen will last for a total of 20 seconds and will cover an overall radius of 7.5 meters.
- Rupture: As for the third skill, any attack launched after this one will cause enemies to bleed based on about 20 physical damage for about 5 seconds.
- Weakpoint Attack: Lastly, if the next attack is successful, it will carry out about 50% of the weapon damage as bonus weapon damage to the enemy in front. If the attack is made properly, the enemy’s defense decreases by 50% for about 5 seconds.
Moving onto the perks, players will be able to use the following perks:
- Creep: With the perk in hand, players can hear their footsteps less whenever they move around.
- Hidden Pockets: As for Hidden Pockets, players can have any of the items they wear in their utility slots simply not show up on their waist.
- Ambush: If you launch an attack within 3 seconds after getting out from being in stealth, it will deal 50% of your bonus damage as base damage.
- Backstab: The overall physical damage bonus will be buffed up by 30% if you are attacking any opponent from behind their backs.
- Dagger Expert: The overall physical damage bonus will be boosted by 5% if a dagger is used.
- Pickpocket: Players can easily steal an opponent’s belongings from them.
- Trap Detection: Any traps that are nearby will be highlighted.
- Stealth: If players are hiding, this perk will be excellent for solo play since players can move about 10 steps while crouching.
- Lockpick Expert: Players can pick out locks without using a lockpick.
- Poisoned Weapon: The next successful attack will be able to apply poison to enemies that will carry out 4 magic damage over 4 seconds.
Moving on, let’s talk a little bit about why players might want to choose the Rogue class in the first place, and their pros are listed below:
- Players can take advantage of the incredible movement speed that the class is blessed with, instantly putting them in the Dark And Darker Best Solo Class.
- The overall attack speed of the class is also pretty commendable, which allows for attack after attack to be launched against an enemy without needing to put in too much effort.
- Perhaps this might be the best advantage for a solo player; rogues can move around more silently, saving them from being caught.
- Players can figure out where traps might be kept and will be able to easily disable them whenever needed so that they’re able to progress further.
- Interaction with objects and lockpicking fall into one of the pros that the class has to offer.
While the class is pretty good at being solo, it doesn’t mean that it doesn’t come with its cons:
- Players will have to deal with having a low damage bonus if they want to go as a rogue in solo-play.
- The class will also have an overall low health, making their survivability a little higher.
Another class players might want to try out as going in solo-play will be the ranger. While it might not be the Dark And Darker Best Solo Class, it still holds credibility as a pretty solid alternative.
With the ranger being your chosen option, players will be able to make use of the surviving capabilities since the main reason that players might even go for a solo-play as a ranger is simply being able to stay at a safe distance and sniping enemies from as far away as possible without needing come face to face with them.
Players can also set their eyes on their enemies, seeing where they are coming from, and tracking all the more easier, making the ranger class a pretty solid option if you are daring to go as a solo player.
As for the select weapons, players will simply be able to use any ranged weapons on hand to play as anger.
Moving onto the skills that are offered for the rangers, they are going to be as follows:
- Quickshot: With a quick shot in the hand, players can take hold of 3 arrows as depicted by the skill icon, and they can fire out arrow after arrow without needing to change their stance. This makes it pretty useful while being in solo-play.
- Field Ration: Players will be able to forage for food a lot easier, and they will be able to gain back about 25 HP.
- Quick Fire: Another solid skill that players can use for their solo play is a quick fire which grants them the ability to take their bow in hand, and with that, they will be able to have their overall action speed increased up 50% for at least 5 seconds.
- True Shot: With the true shot skill, it will simply up the projectile’s overall flight speed.
- Multishot: Another solid skill will be Multishot which grants players the ability to take in hand their arrow, and while that is being down, they will be able to target any enemy and be able to shoot out five arrows in the same direction.
As for the perks for the ranger class, they will be as follows:
- Ranged Weapons Expert: Players can have their overall physical attack power be upped by 5% anytime they use their bows.
- Kinesthesia: Another solid perk that players might want to have with them will be known as Kinesthesia, which simply allows players to increase their overall movement speed by 10% anytime they have their bowstring.
- Enhanced Hearing: A pretty solid option whenever you are in solo-play will be Enhanced Hearing, whereby payers can sense and hear their opponent’s footstep sounds even when they are quiet at a distance.
- Nimble Hands: If you are wielding a bow, you will have your shooting animation changed in such a way that players can shoot out their arrows about 15% faster, making it all the easier to shoot out the arrows one by one.
- Crossbow Mastery: The physical damage bonus will be upped by about 5% whenever players are wilding the crossbow, and the reload speed can also be expected to be increased by at least 50%.
- Tracking: One of the best perks to have you in solo-play while playing the Dark And Darker Best Solo Class for ranged will be Tracking since it allows for easier footsteps hearing if they are recent.
- Trap Expert: If you are setting up traps, it reduces the total time it will take to install the traps so that enemies can fall prey to them faster.
- Sharpshooter: Players can expect their headshot damage to be enhanced by 15% if they use a bow or any ranged-type weapon.
- Spear Proficiency: Players can expect to gain about ten physical strengths if they are attacking using a spear.
If you’re going to be a solo player and want to commit to it, then players should know why they might want to choose it:
- First things first, Rangers will be able to become incredibly good at figuring out where enemy players are, meaning tracking becomes all the more easier, and it makes figuring out the position and placement of enemy players even easier, allowing for an even higher catching ability for rangers.
- Players will also be incredibly inept at wielding bows simply because they are rangers, and the weapons they would always excel at will be bows. Therefore it allows players to take control of ranged weapons and be destructible with them.
- Other than that, setting traps becomes even easier since rangers can place down traps that might catch unsuspecting enemies that are unfortunate enough to fall into the traps.
Other than that, with pros also come the cons of rangers, which will be a few:
- Players will not be able to wield melee weapons, or at least if they can; the main thing that players need to keep in mind is that they won’t have a wide variety of options to choose from, leaving them having to choose ranged options.
- Suppose players are somehow able to get their hands on a melee-type weapon. In that case, they can forget being able to dish out great damage at all since the overall damage output from wielded melee-type weapons will be disappointingly low.
Last but not least, we have the cleric class, which won’t be a class where players prioritize doing great damage or being in front of the enemy players. Still, it will rather be the Dark And Darker Best Solo Class if you want to focus on rat-type gameplay rather than going head-on.
The cleric class can take advantage of its faith to be excellent healers, especially when you are playing solo. Players want to keep in mind that if you want to play as a cleric and carry out rat-type gameplay, then you want to have quite a few invisibility potions on hand.
The main way that players will want to play as a cleric is that if you can hear any enemies come in close to you, then you should be able to pop an invisibility potion and simply go invisible for a set period until you let them pass.
There will be a total of 5 abilities that players will be able to use whenever they are playing as a cleric:
- Spell Memory: Players can memorize spells whenever they are in the dungeon, and the same can be said for Spell Memory 2.
- Smite: Upon using the Smite ability, players will be able to cast out a bonus of 10 magic damage to enemies that have been hit while being under a timer of 7 seconds.
- Holy Purification: Players will be able to deal about 100 base magic damage to enemies that are the undead type if they are present in a general range of 7.5 meters.
- Judgment: After being able to focus for about 0.5 seconds, Clerics will be able to instantly dish out 30 magic damage to any target, which will cause the movement speed of the target to be decreased by 20% for 2 seconds, and the ability can only be used if the target is within a 4.5-meter radius.
When it comes to the perks for the cleric class, they are going ot be listed as follows:
- Brewmaster: When drinking alcohol, players will not show any signs of being drunk.
- Advanced Healer: Players can have their overall magical heal increased by 5.
- Perseverance: If any damage is coming your way, it will be decreased by 3.
- Kindness: Whenever you’re healing another person, the spell will also heal you 15% of the total amount that the spell can heal, which makes this perk practically useless for soloing.
- Blunt Weapon Mastery: The physical attack power will be upped by 5% if you carry out attacks while wielding a blunt weapon.
- Requiem: If a fellow ally has been revived, they will be revived at 25% HP instead of using up a sliver of life.
- Undead Slaying: The physical damage bonus will be increased by 20% if undead-type enemies are attacked.
- Protection From Evil: All harmful effects from the enemy’s end will decrease their duration by 20%.
Players will also be able to make use of a few cleric spells, which will belong to different tiers as follows:
- Judgment: Any target that the spell is used on will gain 3 strengths and agility for about 30 seconds, but players can also use it on themselves if no one else is found.
- Holy Purification: A shield will be made specifically for the player who uses the spell to negate physical damage that will be equivalent to 20 for 20 seconds.
- Bind: Any target the spell is used on will have to be bound for at least 0.75 seconds.
- Divine Strike: The weapon damage output will be increased by 10 for a period of 20 seconds.
- Lesser Heal: A target will have 15 health regained back to them, but players can also use it on themselves.
- Cleanse: Any dangerous magic placed down a target from enemies will be removed with the help of this spell.
- Resurrection: If any ally has been killed, they can be resurrected with this spell.
- Holy Light: An ally can be healed for about 30 HP worth of base health.
Apart from that, clerics will also be able to have quite a few advantages that players will be able to take advantage of:
- Players can cast quite a bit of healing and spells that will allow them to consistently stay alive no matter what, and players won’t need to worry about dying out.
- With the cleric class, players can also use blunt weapons, which gives them access to a higher weaponry option than a few other classes, allowing them to take advantage of the blunt weapons in question.
- Apart from that, players will also be able to wield plate armor, which might not seem all that great, but it can further assist players in increasing their overall survivability.
With the few advantages that the cleric class has, there’s a reason why players are advised not to play and fight if they are soloing as a cleric since the cons will be as follows:
- The overall attack speed will be quite slow, which quite literally doens’t matter since players won’t move around all that much, and players will engage in battles when they are soloing.
- Regardless, another con will be that players will not have a high damage output, and their overall interaction speed will also be pretty slow.
Now, there will be a few tips and tricks that players might want to follow if they decide to be solo players.
- One of the biggest tips players will want to know about soloing is that players should hear enemies incoming and see them before they can get a hold of you or track you down.
The main reason that players want to do this is simply for better survivability. If players are caught before they can run, hit or attack, it does not give them any reaction time. Therefore, it is crucial to react fast.
- The best way to hear enemies beforehand is when you spawn in, take a peak at the mini-map that is present on your screen, and take note of any spawns nearby. After that, head to any nearby wall or monument where you can slowly listen to sounds. These sounds include footsteps, players fighting, potions, talking, or anything.
- If you end up being a cleric while you are soloing, and you hear incoming enemies, you can instantly take out your invisibility potion, head to any corner that might be pretty dark or where you can hide a bit, and simply drink up your potion so that you can become invisible and stay out of sight from enemies.
- If you want to play it a bit more on the safer end and you end up making too much noise, then you can head over to your original position where you came from or try to take the long route out so that the other party ends up being a bit confused as to where the noise came from.
- Players can go ahead and hold down on shift key to crouch or start to walk slowly, which prevents footstep sounds and, therefore, will allow players not to get caught as easily as they typically would be if they were simply walking around normally.
- One thing that players should know is that the players are extremely aware of their surroundings in this game mode. Therefore, it is crucial to stay on your guard and to make as less noise as possible when moving around.
- If you are playing as a weaker class, it is also important to bring healing potions with you since it can become all the more important to survive for as long as possible while you are stuck in the dungeons.
- If you end up being noticed by one of the enemy players, then you can try to run far away from the room to room silently, and if you manage to get away just in time, even if you end up closing the door behind you, chances are the enemy player will not be able to hear the door at all.
- Another thing that players should know is that players really need to be up and know how to deal with all enemies that are present while soloing. Otherwise, if you don’t do up knowing their overall attack pattern, then chances are that you’re practically screwed.
- If you want to break boxes while playing solo, know one thing. Boxes are extremely loud and can probably alert other players easily; therefore, players need always to ask themselves whether other enemy players might end up hearing them or not or whether they are close or not.
- Potions will glow whenever they are on your waist. Therefore, it might be a really bad choice to have them on your waist if you’re trying to hide out in the darkness; therefore, go ahead and store them in your inventory.
- Breaking any kind of boxes and barrels might end up dropping down campfires, which can be used to allow the player to hang around the zone for a bit.
And there we have it! Three classes that players can use while soloing, and with that, we will wrap up our Dark And Darker Best Solo Class guide! If you are completely new to the game, you might want to read up on our Dark And Darker Tips And Tricks guide, which will give you a rundown of the best starter tips players should follow to progress further!
You might also want to check out our Dark And Darker Best Classes guide, which will give you an in-depth showcase of how all classes operate!
- Dark And Darker Maximum Party Size
- Dark And Darker All Stats
- Dark And Darker Revive
- Dark And Darker Skeleton Skin
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍