The Pickpocket perk in Dark And Darker is available from the get-go for the Rogue class, allowing the class to steal items from targets sneakily. Players might have issues figuring out how the perk operates and, therefore, might require assistance.
Pickpocket Perk Explained
The pickpocket perk in the game is exclusive to the Rogue class. No other classes have a similar perk allowing players to pickpocket. The primary function of the pickpocket perk is to steal items from opponents in the dungeon.
- During dungeon exploration, players can use the pickpocket perk to discreetly steal items from nearby enemies.
- Activating the perk is simple—wait for an enemy to approach, and when they pass by, use the designated key (F on PC) to initiate the stealing mechanic.
- The enemy’s entire body will be highlighted during this process.
- Upon activation, a small bar appears, indicating the ongoing stealing process.
- Players can sneak up on the enemy, and once the process is complete, the stolen items are added to their inventory.
- With luck, players might successfully steal from the same enemy multiple times until they have nothing valuable left.
It’s important to note that players won’t see the stolen items until they check their inventory. Valuable items can be kept, while less valuable ones can be discarded. The pickpocket perk, when used effectively, adds an enjoyable and resourceful dimension to the game, allowing players to accumulate wealth in the form of stolen items.
Why Is Rogue The Best Starter Class?
The rogue class in the game distinguishes itself from the other five available classes, including wizard, ranger, fighter, cleric, and barbarian. Rogues are characterized by their inclination towards stealth, preferring to lurk in the shadows and remain unseen. Dubbed “The Sly Assassin,” they excel at going rogue, avoiding detection by anyone in their vicinity.
- Rogues are known for their extensive experience and skill in deception.
- Their actions are shrouded in secrecy, and they are adept at misleading anyone who crosses their path.
- No one is considered safe from the cunning and elusive maneuvers of the rogues, and their deeds are conducted with a commitment to keeping them concealed from prying eyes.
Moving on, let’s discuss the advantages and disadvantages of using the rogue class, considering each class will have its pros and cons based on the player’s overall needs and preferences.
When it comes to the pros for the rogue class, they will be listed as follows:
- High-speed movement for agility and quick travel, evading potential threats.
- Quick interaction with objects, utilizing the environment effectively.
- Incredibly fast attack speed for efficient battles.
- Stealing and lock-picking without specific tools.
- Silent movement, making detection by other players challenging.
- Ability to disable traps easily without getting caught, ensuring safe progression.
Moving onto the cons, they are going to be the following:
- Players who decide to play as a rogue will have to suffer from having lower health.
- Players will also have to suffer from low magic resistance.
- Lastly, the overall damage bonus will be low as well.
Last but not least, let’s discuss the perks and abilities that players will be able to get access to when they are playing as a rogue, alongside the pickpocket perk.
All Perks Available
Kicking things off with the perk, they will be as follows:
- Ambush: The first attack that is launched by players within 3 seconds after getting done with their stealth mode will deal a total of 50% extra weapon damage as normal damage.
- Backstab: With Backstab in hand, players will be able to get an increase in their overall physical damage bonus by 30% anytime they attack the enemy from behind.
- Creep: As the name suggests, you will be able to become a literal creep, allowing you to gain reduced sound of the footsteps whenever you are moving around normally or when you’re crouching so that you don’t get detected all that easily.
- Dagger Expert: As far as dagger expert is concerned, it will enhance your physical damage bonus by a total of 5% anytime you are using a dagger to attack the enemy that is present in front of you.
- Hidden Pockets: Anytime you are wearing any items that are present in the utility slot, they will not be visible on your waist.
- Lockpick Expert: As I mentioned before in its pros, rogues are insanely good at lockpicking, and this is made possible due to this perk, which allows them to get through any lock that is present on a door without needing to put in a lot of effort.
- Pickpocket: Probably one of the most useful perks that you can have as a rogue, it is simply there so that you can steal an opponent’s item from the dungeon with ease.
- Poisoned Weapon: If you can successfully attack an enemy, it will go ahead and apply poison onto them, which will then deal a further 4 magic damage over a time period of 4 seconds.
- Stealth: Players are able to move a total of 10 steps without being noticed by anyone in the opposing party since they will be hidden from them.
- Trap Direction: As I mentioned before, in the pros, again, being able to use this perk to disable traps makes it all the more useful.
Lastly, let’s discuss the four abilities that players can use as rogues:
- Hide: With Hide, players will be able to become invisible simply, and they will still be allowed to change any equipment that needs to be changed; the payer’s identity will be revealed if they end up performing an action.
- Rupture: The next attack that is launched by the player will cause the enemy to bleed and take 20 physical damage over a 5-second time period.
- Smoke Bomb: A smoke screen is launched after a grenade is thrown out, blurring everything and lasting for 20 seconds, and it will have an overall range so f7.5 meters.
- Weak point Attack: Anytime the next attack is launched, it will deal a total of 50% bonus weapon damage to the enemy, and if the attack is carried out successfully, then the overall defense of the enemy will be decreased by 50% for 5 seconds.
And there YOU have it! A detailed explanation of the pickpocket perk as well as the class that is associated with it, and with that, I will wrap up my Dark And Darker Pickpocket guide! While you’re at it, you might want to read up on our Dark And Darker Cleric Spells in order to know all about the spells!
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍