When exploring the streets of Bel-Air, you’ll notice a peculiar black-colored van with a locked trunk. This Cable Guy’s trunk houses a great early-game weapon, and with a simple Dead Island 2 cable guy key, you can obtain it to get a strong headstart in Dead Island 2 plot.
- The Dead Island 2 cable guy key van is located beside the Goat Pen Villa in Bel-Air and can only be unlocked after killing the Cable Guy zombie found behind the van on Alpine Drive street.
- This zombie will only spawn once players reach Halperin Hotel in Beverly Hills, another early-game location just beyond Bel-Air.
- After getting to Halperin Hotel, go back to the Cable Guy’s van in Bel-Air, face the opposite direction of the van’s trunk, and head straight down Alpine Drive until the Cable Guy is spotted.
- Once players take down this zombie, they can pick up the Cable Guy Van’s Key which can be brought back to the vehicle to unlock its trunk.
- Opening the van’s rear compartment will drop the Electrocutor Tire Trunk, a powerful early-game weapon that mainly does Shock Damage while improving the player’s critical hits as well as agility.
How To Unlock The Cable Guy’s Van
You’ll come across the Cable Guy’s van in the middle of Alpine Drive next to the Goat Pen Villa on the southern side of Bel-Air. To be more specific, you can find it next to the wall right beside the entrance to the penthouse. After initially examining the locked trunk, you’ll meet a prompt saying “Needs Cable Guy’s Van Key.” So to unlock the trunk, we’ll need to find, kill, and loot the corpse & obtain the Dead Island 2 cable guy key.
How To Get The Dead Island 2 Cable Guy’s Key?
Before looking for the Cable Guy, you’ll first need to progress through the main storyline until you reach the Halperin Hotel in Beverly Hills. This’ll spawn the zombie in Bel-Air which you can now hunt down and kill to get the key.
- Once you get to Beverly Hills, go back to Bel-Air at night time which is the likely time when the Cable Guy spawns, and proceed to the Cable Van located beside the Goat Pen House.
- Now, facing the van’s trunk, turn around and go straight down Alpine Drive road.
- As you’re walking past the undead, look for a particular zombie with the “Cable Guy” label and wearing a safety helmet and jacket with some electrical residues surrounding him.
- Use your weapon to take him down but be careful against him during close encounters since the electricity surrounding the zombie can stun-lock you as well as cause some considerable AOE damage.
- After killing the Cable Guy, you can pick up the Dead Island 2 cable guy key & a Military Axe along with some cash and Metal parts off the corpse, which you can use to craft weapon mods and perks.
- Now, go back to the van and press the “Unlock” button to open the trunk using the key and get the Electrocutor Tire Iron weapon along with 100 coins.
Reward: Electrocutor Tire Iron
Your reward for collecting the key and opening the trunk is a rare weapon that comes pre-applied with a mod. Besides that, its passive ability, Headhunter, makes attacking heads a critical hit and additionally boosts your agility stat of Dead Island 2 class after a successful heavy attack.
- The Electrocutor Tire Iron has respectable stats including decent speed, durability, and limb damage.
- However, its best attributes are easily the regular and critical damage it dishes out, making it one of the best heavy hitters in the early game.
- Alongside that, it comes with a mod called “Rare Melee Electrocutor” which converts your standard damage into shock damage while simultaneously increasing your damage output.
- Furthermore, this mod gives zombies the Electrified effect upon successive hits, which causes noticeable DOT (or Damage over Time) and even affects the zombies near the target.
- Overall, the Electrocutor is an extremely powerful early-game weapon that’s even viable in the mid-game phase and can be further upgraded with perks using the Metal parts.
That wraps up our guide on how to get the Dead Island 2 cable guy key for opening the van’s trunk and getting a strong early-game weapon. As seen, finding the key to the van is simple yet easy to overlook. On top of that, the reward you get at the end of this fetch quest not only significantly revitalizes the already rich combat, as proven by this Subreddit Post, but is also generally worth it for laying down hordes of zombies.
Find more important key locations while exploring Bel-Air in Dead Island 2 by checking out our guide on Brock’s Safe Key location. Besides that, you can focus on your in-game progression by delving deeper into the game’s combat mechanics like skill cards. And if you have yet to purchase Dead Island 2, consider reading our comparison of all Dead Island 2 editions to make your decision easier on which one to buy.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍