There are a total of 188 logs that can be found throughout Dead Space Remake. There are two different achievements or trophies related to these logs. If you collect 75 logs, you’ll unlock the Story Teller trophy/achievement. And if you acquire 150 logs, you’ll be given the Legend Teller trophy/achievement. Even if you miss 33 logs, you can get both of them.
Many of the logs will be unlocked by progressing through the story. However, many more are acquired by actually exploring or completing side missions. There are three different types of logs: Video Logs, Audio Logs, and Text Logs. We will be discussing the locations of each log in order of when you’ll likely come across it. It is worth mentioning that many of the logs will be story-related, so there will be a fair amount of spoilers.
- There are 188 total log locations in Dead Space Remake.
- 75 Logs are required for the Story Teller trophy/achievement, and 150 are required for the Legend Teller trophy/achievement.
- Logs can be related to the main storyline or collectibles and are in the form of video, text, or audio logs.
- Chapter 1 has logs in the Flight Lounge, Tram Station, and in Maintenance Bay Office, and Chapter 2 has logs in the Construction Room, Nicole‘s Office, Main lab, and many other areas.
- You can find logs in the Engineering, Engine Controls Room, and Decontamination Room in Chapter 3 and in Captain’s Nest, Mining Administration, in the area where you fight the brute, and many other locations in Chapter 4.
- In Chapter 5, you can find logs while fighting the Hunter, in the ER Hallway A, and other locations, while you can find some in Chapter 6 during the Food Storage sections and while fighting the Leviathan.
- You can find logs in the Extraction Area, Mining Deck, Mining Control Room, and other areas in Chapter 7, while there are some logs in Bridge Tram Station, Comms Control Room, and while fighting the Leviathan Remnant during Chapter 8.
- Everything in Chapter 9 is missable, and most of the logs are unlocked while exploring the USM Valor, whereas everything in Chapter 10 is unlocked while exploring the Crew Deck.
- Chapter 11 and Chapter 12 are pretty much the finale; most of the logs are related to the main story and get unlocked as you progress further.
All Log Locations
Chapter 1 Log LocationsChapter 1 is the absolute start, and you’ll be getting introduced to many new concepts, so there are going to be many story-related logs. But there’s still much that you can find by exploring. Here are all of the log locations that you can expect to find in Chapter 1 of Dead Space Remake.
- Background Request: Surprisingly, the first Log that you can find is not story-related, and you need to go out of your way to acquire it. As soon as you’re allowed to move around, head into the alcove, which should be on your right side, and you’ll come across the log on the ground. It is worth noting that this is a missable log as the USG Kellion will be blown up, and you won’t be able to return to it later.
- Sponsored Article – The USG Ishimura: Once you’ve made it into the Ishimura, head into the Flight Lounge, and you’ll spot the log on a table on the left side of the room.
- Run: It is an unmissable log and part of the story. You’ll unlock it as you’re progressing through the story, and your team gets attacked by the Necromorphs in the Flight Lounge, and you have to run towards the elevator.
- Send Help: You’ll come across the log after you’ve gotten the Plasma Cutter. After your first enemy encounter, go through the hallway, and you’ll find the log in a Security Terminal.
- Repair the Tram System: When you reach the Tram Station, the log will automatically trigger once you spot Daniels and Hammond beyond the glass in the quarantine section.
- Stasis Door: The following is a missable log, so make sure you get it. You’ll get the chance to acquire it after you’ve gotten your hands on the Stasis Module. If you stand in front of the glitching door, don’t perform any action and simply wait. Eventually, Daniels will call you to explain how the Stasis works.
- Dismemberment: The log will be played as soon as you step into the Tram Repair Room. You can’t miss it.
- Stasis Module Request: You’ll find it in the Tram Repair Room near the entrance. Look to the left of the claw control panel, and you’ll find it on a workbench.
- Autoloader: The following log is similar to the previous one, where you purposely have to avoid using your abilities and get a hint from Daniels. There will be a section where you need to use Stasis on the right claw to grab the destroyed tram. If you use the claw without using the stasis, you’ll eventually be told by Daniels that you can use your Stasis module to get past the mini-puzzle.
- Replaced the Tram Car: Part of the main objectives, once you replace the destroyed Tram, the log will trigger.
- Repair Invoice: Progress through the main story until you’re at the circuit breaker in the Maintenance Bay. You can find the log on a chair to the right of the circuit breaker.
- Poker Invitation: You’ll need to head into the Maintenance Bay Office to find the next log on a shelf. To do so, you’ll need to reroute the power to the office and then reach the lower level of the area by using the elevator. Once you’re there, simply head inside and grab the log.
- Found the Data Board: Part of the main storyline and will be triggered after you get the Data Board.
- En Route to the Bridge: Also part of the main objectives, the log will be played after you use the Tram for the first time.
- Arrived on the Bridge: Similar to the previous ones, it is part of the story and will be played while you’re making your way back to the Kellion through the Flight Lounge.
- Go to Medical: The final log of the chapter is also unmissable and will be triggered after the Kellion is destroyed.
Chapter 2 Log LocationsThings start getting picked up in Chapter 2 with more areas to explore and more enemies to face off against. With the Kellion destroyed, Isaac has no other option but to join forces with those onboard the Ishimura and help them reach the ship’s Command Computer. There are about 19 log locations that you can find in Chapter 2 of Dead Space Remake.
- Destroy the Barricade: Part of the story and will trigger when you enter the Security Station once you’ve got the Pulse Rifle.
- Patient Harris: This is a great log that provides insight into a character that appears later. Head to the circuit breaker in the Imaging Diagnostics and use the nearby battery to power the “Doors.” It’ll unlock the Consultation room, where you can find the log on a table.
- Calculated Risks: Return to the circuit breaker from the last log and power up the elevator, which you can find near the breaker. Take the elevator up to the next floor. Make your way over to the Observation Room (beyond the broken pathway), and look for the log on a bed.
- Found a Hydrazine Tank: When you get the Hydrazine Tank while following the main path, the log will automatically trigger.
- Shook the Whole Ship: Also part of the main story, it triggers while you’re returning from the Imaging Diagnostics and inside the vacuum.
- Almost Got Me: Triggers when Hammond calls you after you encounter the destroyed elevator in zero gravity.
- Nicole’s Log: Found inside Nicole’s Office on her desk. You can access her office after the quarantine in Main Lab. Picking up the lab will also start the Scientific Methods side mission.
- Anonymized Transcript: In the same room as the last log, Nicole’s Office, look for the log on the bookshelf.
- Marker Discovery: Head for Dr. Kyne’s office which is across from Nicole’s Office. You’ll find the log on the left side of the room.
- They Defy Death Itself: Head toward the bathroom in the Main Lab, and you’ll find the log on the ground near the toilets.
- Vital Personnel: After you’ve encountered the Lurker enemy-type in the Biological Prosthetics Center, look for the computer station next to the elevator for the log.
- Found a Shock Pad: Part of the main story and will trigger after you pick up the Shock Pad item.
- Find the Captain’s Rig: Once you’ve got the Shock Pad and the Hydrazine Tank, the log will place once you return to the Security Station.
- Patient Observations: You’ll find it on a medical bed in the Emergency Room.
- Nicole’s Study: Part of the Scientific Methods side mission. Use the circuit breaker to activate the showers and then use Kinesis to reveal a hidden room by moving the wall. You’ll find the log inside.
- Rats in the Walls: Interact with the Security Terminal next to the door to the Intensive Unit Care in the ER Hallway B.
- Colony’s Problems: From the previous log’s location, head to the right and go down the entire hallway to find the log on the floor.
- Autopsy Report: Once you enter the room where you find Captain Mathius’ body (in the Morgue), look to your right, and you’ll find the log on a nearby table.
- Transmitting Codes: Part of the main storyline after you pick up Captain Mathius’ RIG.
- Go to Engineering: The final log, which plays once you leave the Morgue and are inside the elevator.
Chapter 3 Log LocationsThere are a bunch of different logs that can be retrieved in Chapter 3. Some of these are related to the story, while others can be acquired by exploring or, at times, not even doing anything.
- It’s Mine: You can get this log before you enter the vacuum through Hanger Bay. You can find it in between the two ship walkaways. The log gives a hint about the Peng Treasure.
- Growth: Head towards the end of the hallway on the sixth floor of Engineering to find the text log.
- Temple’s Log 01: Look to the left of the Kiosk Shop in the Engine Control Room to find the log.
- Engine Diagnostics: Part of the story will trigger once you use the Engine Controls.
- His Own Teeth: Interact with the Security Terminal in a bathroom which can be found by going through a door in front of the Machine Shop in the Engine Controls Room.
- Temple’s Log 02: You can find the following log while refueling the Ishimura engine. Make your way over to the South Refuelling Station, where you’ll find a locker a bit to the side of the station. Inside it, you’ll spot the log.
- Kendra is Alive: Part of the main story mission and triggers after you collect the Fuel Station item.
- Engines are Refuelled: Hammond will call you after you’ve completely refueled both engines.
- Chaos: Before you enter the Decontamination Chamber that comes before the Centrifuge, turn left and go around the corner. You’ll find an open locker with the log inside.
- RIG Transcript: While you’re walking through the hallways that lead towards the Centrifuge Chamber entrance, you’ll find the log on the ground just before the final corner that leads to the chamber’s door.
- Centrifuge is Online: Part of the main story and triggers after you’ve put the Centrifuge back online.
- They Found an Artifact: Triggers when you reach the Zero Gravity room while trying to provide power to the doors.
- Temple’s Log 03: You’ll find the following log in Fuel Storage after you make past a bunch of Necromorph growth which will be covering the walls. You’ll find the log on a table beyond the door to the left of the elevator.
- Go to the Bridge: Part of the main story after the engine is back online.
- Nicole?: Also, part of the story after the previous log ends.
Chapter 4 Log LocationsChapter 4 is focused on fixing the ADS System to protect the ship from the debris of Aegis VII. Your adventures will lead you on the Bridge, and you’ll unlock some useful side missions as well. There are around 17-20 logs that you can unlock in Chapter 4.
- The Marker: Will trigger once you enter the Bridge Tram Station.
- Bridge Attack: Once you’re in the Main Atrium on the Bridge, look to the right of the entrance towards a bunch of computers. You’ll find the log on the ground next to the computers.
- More Time: After you’ve reached the Captain’s Nest as part of the main objectives, you’ll find the log on the right side of the room next to the Security Computer (on its right).
- Eckhardt’s Clearance: In the same location as the previous log, in Captain’s Nest, look to the right of the previous log, and you’ll find the log. This is the same area where you can initiate the side mission that requires you to find all crew rigs to attain Master Override.
- Shoot it in the Back: Yet another log that requires you to not perform a bunch of actions for it to activate. After you return to the Main Atrium, you’ll be attacked by a Brute Necromorph. Instead of attacking it, try to run away and not perform any attacks. You’ll eventually get a call from Hammond giving you tips on how to deal with the enemy. You’ll also get a power node after killing the Brute.
- Captain’s Fate: Head into the same room from where the Brute came from (the Security Room) and look to the left of the elevator controls, and enter the small room. You’ll find a Workbench there with the log on the ground next to it.
- Electrical Fault: This will trigger once you enter Mining Administration.
The following three logs are related to the main story. However, you can only acquire two out of the three in your first playthrough. They’re related to your rerouting power from the Electrical Systems, Mining Administration, and Water Purification to the ADS Cannon. You’ll get a log for Hammond when you perform each task, but you won’t get a log for whichever area you reroute power to at the end. So, if you want all three logs, you’ll need to get them through NG+.
- Water Purification: Triggers if Water Purification is the first or second to have its power rerouted to the ADS Cannon.
- Mining Admin Rerouted: Triggers if Mining Administration is the first or second to have its power rerouted to the ADS Cannon.
- Watch the Outlets: Triggers if Electrical Systems is the first or second to have its power rerouted to the ADS Cannon.
- Tracking Infection: You need to enter Admin Server Maintenance to find the following log. If you start from Mining Administration, you’ll come across the Main Fuses room to the left of the entrance. Head inside; you’ll require Level 2 Security Clearance, and then break the lock of a door which should be to the right of the entrance. Go past the door and unlock another one using the Security Clearance to reach the log.
- Believers: You’ll come across a hallway after you take the elevator down to Electrical Systems. Over there, enter the Break Room, where you’ll find a ritual site with a red circle on the floor surrounded by candles. You’ll get a call from Daniels once you enter the room.
- Unitology Article: In the same location as the previous log, in the Break Room. You’ll find it on a small top.
- Unknown: Also found in the same location as the previous logs. In the Break Room, if you look at the red circle, you’ll notice that it has hands and footprints going around it. It is a secret code and a set of actions that you need to perform in the red circle, with the hand indicating melee attack and the foot indicating stomp. Stand inside the circle and perform: (Melee, Stomp, Stomp, Stomp, Melee, Stomp, Melee, Stomp, Stomp, Melee, Stomp). It will cause a log to drop in the middle of the circle.
- Strange Shanty: Also acquired by inputting a secret code in the same red circle. The code is found by exploring the Ishimura; alternatively, you can do it directly if you know the code. Perform the following actions inside the circle: (Melee, Stomp, Melee, Melee, Stomp, Melee, Stomp, Melee, Melee, Melee, Stomp).
- Looking for Elizabeth: When you enter Water Purification, you’ll find the log on the ground outside the elevator.
- Med-Sci Reports: Once you’ve rerouted two of the areas, you’ll get a call from Daniels.
- Manual Targeting: Part of the main storyline and will trigger after you’ve rerouted the power.
- Sync the ADS Cannons: Also part of the main story and will trigger as you make your way to the ADS Cannons.
- Hold On: Triggers after the previous log and is related to a side mission.
Chapter 5 Log LocationsThe chapter revolves around Isaac trying to find Nicole after receiving a video call from her earlier in the story. But as he explores the area, he ends up coming across a bunch of challenges from the crazy Unitologist doctor, Callus Mercer. Regardless, there are around 12 different logs that you can come across in this chapter.
- Follow Nicole’s Signal: Part of the story and will trigger once you enter the Medical Tram Station.
- Locked in: Also part of the main story and will trigger once you enter the Security Center.
- Mercer’s Volunteer: Head to the Observation Room by going through Imaging Diagnostics and taking an elevator to the upper floor. Go across the destroyed pathway and enter the room to find the log on a desk.
- Open the Door: Once you meet Dr. Mercer, he’ll unleash the Hunter on you. Survive in the Chemical Lab for some time, and you’ll eventually get a call from Daniels.
- Hunter: After you escape the Hunter, the log will play.
- Kyne’s Dementia: Make your way to the ER Hallway A as you travel through the Medical unit. You should be able to spot a door that requires Level 2 Security Clearance. You’ll find the log on a medical bed near the door.
- Sterile Instruments: Go into the ER Hallway B and make your way toward the Intensive Care Unit. You’ll find a medical bed at the end of the hallway with the log on top.
- Harris’ Choice: In the same area as the previous log, you’ll find the log on a desk in the Intensive Unit Care.
- Mercer’s Journal: Enter Dr. Mercer’s Office, and you’ll find the log inside on the desk.
- Our Air Supply: Part of the main story will trigger after you learn about the poisoned air.
- Get to Cryogenics: After you re-activate the life support and return to the entrance of Medical, the log will trigger.
- Go to Hydroponics: Part of the main story after you freeze the Hunter in Cryogenics.
Chapter 6 Log LocationsChapter 6 is quite eventful. There’s not much time to go out and hunt for collectibles, but in terms of story content, much happens during Chapter 6. You’ll face off against the Leviathan and also try to help Nicole. Many of the logs are related to the story in this chapter.
- Hydroponics Access: You’ll get a call from Daniels at the start of the chapter.
- A Tissue Sample: After you’ve defeated the Hunter, you can find an item drop in the Cryogenic Chamber which will give you the log and also initiate the Premeditated Malpractice side mission.
- Find a Workstation: It will trigger as you make your way to the Hydroponics Tram Station.
- Cross’ Log 01: You’ll find the following log on a table as soon as you reach Hydroponics Tram Station.
- The Leviathan: As you’re making your way to the Food Storage and passing through the Tunnel, the log will trigger.
- Go to Food Storage: This log is related to the one which we’ll discuss after it. You can only unlock one of the two logs. Go to Food Storage will be triggered in the Hydroponics Central Hub if you craft the Enzyme before you go into the tunnel toward the Food Storage.
- Inject the Wheezers: It is related to the previous log and will trigger if you craft the Enzyme after you’ve already been into the Food Storage before. You can only unlock Go to Food Storage or Inject the Wheezers in one playthrough. You’ll need to go through NG+ to get the other one.
- Cross’ Log 02: You’ll need to interact with a Security Terminal in the West Grow Chamber. Just outside the West Seeding Room B, you’ll find the terminal next to the elevator, and the log will be inside.
- Use the Enzyme: You need to purposely perform a bunch of wrong actions to trigger the log. Once you come across your first Wheezer (it does not work with any others), do not inject it with the Enzyme. Instead, simply shoot it a bunch of times, and Cross will call you to tell you to use the Enzyme.
- Jacob and Nicole: Will play after you’ve injected the first Wheezer.
- Corruption: Enter Cross’ Office to find the log alongside the second Wheezer.
- Help Me…: After you’ve dealt with the fourth Wheezer in Hydroponics Control, the log will automatically play.
- Ghosts on the Mirror: Will automatically play once you reach the East Grow Chamber.
- Cross’ Log 03: Look towards the ground while you’re on the steel walkway in the East Grow Chamber to find the log.
- Corporate Assholes: While you’re heading into the Air Filtration Tower, you’ll get grabbed by a tentacle, and the log will play.
- Technical Manual: After you’ve completed the fire puzzle and reached the Annex Control Room, you’ll find the log on the ground.
- I Need You: This will automatically trigger after you return to the East Seedling Room B.
- Space the Leviathan: Part of the main storyline and will trigger after you’ve injected the final Wheezer.
- Bad Ideas: Also, part of the story and plays just before the Leviathan Boss Fight.
- Finish It Off: Triggered after you reach the second phase of the Leviathan Boss Fight.
- Head Back Inside: Automatically triggers after you defeat the Leviathan.
- The SOS Beacon: Also part of the main story and triggers once you return to the airlock from Food Storage.
- Go to the Mining Deck: Plays immediately after the previous log.
Chapter 7 Log LocationsChapter 7 is similar to Chapter 6 in the sense that there aren’t many collectible logs, and most are related to the story. Regardless, there are still around 18-20 logs that you can collect in Chapter 7, depending on which side missions you’ve initiated already.
- Hammond’s Return: Will be triggered once you enter the Mining Deck.
- Custom Lockdown: A highly missable log that requires you to move a bunch of crates which will reveal a Master Override door. If you’ve not initiated the, You Are Not Authorized side mission; you’ll get a call from Daniels.
- Weird Malfunctions: Once you go down the Mining elevator, the log will automatically play.
- Ore Storage Report: After you arrive at the Laser Traps, use your Kinesis to grab a crate and block them while you make your way to the end of the hallway. Enter Ore Storage and look to your left. Move the crates with your Kinesis, and you’ll find the audio log on the wall. This is part of the Premeditated Malpractice side mission.
- Miner’s Log: In the Extraction Area, go towards the opposite side of the room from where you entered. You’ll be able to spot the log on a workbench.
- Mining Process: Enter the Mining Control Room by going up a small elevator. The log will be on a desk in the center of the room.
- Launch Tubes Sealed: Part of the story will trigger after you try to launch the tube.
- Dr. Kyne’s Hostage: Head to Deck B: Processing, where you’ll find a locked room after you fight off a bunch of Necromorphs. Look for the save point, and you’ll be able to spot the log on the wall.
- Fail-Safes: After you enter the Processing Center, the log will play.
- Supervisor’s Choice: As part of the story, you’ll come across Supervisor Dalla’s RIG in Mineral Processing Control. It will grant you Level 3 Security Clearance. If you look to the left of the RIG, you’ll find an audio log on the desk.
- Found the Admin’s RIG: If you successfully pick up the Dalla’s RIG and then moved towards the elevator, which takes you out of the Mineral Processing Control room, then the log will play.
- Through the Vents: As you’re on the way to Deck B: Maintenance, you, the log, will play in the elevator.
- Nicole and Dr. Kyne: Make your way to the Equipment Supply and use the circuit breaker to reroute power to Storage 02. Enter the room, and you’ll find a log on the floor. It will also initiate the Scientific Methods side mission.
- Thank You, Isaac: You’ll find the log in the same room on a desk.
- Found the SOS Beacon: You’ll eventually reunite with Nicole and will have to defend her from a bunch of Necromorphs. Following that, you’ll enter a room and pick up a Beacon, and the log will play after you acquire it.
- Launch the Asteroid: Part of the main storyline and triggers after you load the SOS Beacon into the Mining Control Room.
- Gravity Tethers: This will automatically trigger after you enter Mining Bay.
- Beacon is Away: Once you launch the asteroid and the SOS beacon, the log will play automatically.
- Manual Override: The Hunter will eventually return, and you’ll be locked in the Mining Control Room with it. Survive long enough till you get a call from Daniels.
- Go to Communications: Near the end of the chapter, once you’ve escaped the Hunter and are onboard the Maintenance Elevator.
Chapter 8 Log LocationsAfter finding the Beacon in the last chapter, Isaac tries to out a call for help. You’ll make your way to the Communication Center on the Bridge and also get the chance to collect many items during this chapter, such as the Schematics for Oxygen Tank. And weapon upgrades for the Plasma Cutter. Most of the log locations in Chapter 8 of Dead Space Remake are story-related.
- Chief Engineer’s Log: Before you continue onwards with the main objectives, you can take the tram into Engineering and Fuel Storage. On the top floor, you’ll find a door that requires Security Clearance Level 3, which you should have by now. Enter inside, and you’ll find the log next to Rousseau’s Rig.
- Chance for Rescue: Once you reach the Bridge Tram Station, the log will automatically play.
- Eavesdropper: In the Main Atrium of the Bridge, a Quarantine Lockdown will initiate as a bunch of Necromorphs attack you. Deal with them to trigger the log.
- Comm Array Error: Part of the main story and triggers once you reach the Comms Control Room and try to use the Control Panel. It will initiate the Comms Array Puzzle.
- Mayday: If you turn left from the Control Panel, you’ll find Comms Officer Bailey’s Office. Head inside to find an audio log on his desk as well as his RIG, which is required for the side mission that grants Master Override.
- Open A Channel: After you’ve completed the Comms Array Puzzle, the log will be triggered.
- First Contact: Interact with the Comms Control Panel to play the log.
- Hit the Manual Release: Also part of the storyline and will immediately play after the previous log.
- The Comms Relay Crew: As part of the main objectives, you’ll need to make your way to deploy the Comms Antenna. After you’ve taken the Maintenance Gondola, look for the log sitting on a nearby bench.
- Big Problems: After you’ve interacted with the Antenna Control Panel, you’ll notice the remnants of the Leviathan, and the log will automatically trigger.
- Deploy The Antenna: You need to fight the Leviathan Remnant, and once you kill it, the log will play.
- Collision Imminent: After you’ve deployed the long-range antenna, the log will play immediately.
- No Survivors: Plays immediately after the previous log.
- Get to the Valor: As part of the main storyline, the USM Valor (another spaceship) will crash into the Ishimura. The log will play after the collision event.
- Hammond on the Bridge: As you make your way to the USM Valor, the log will be triggered.
Chapter 9 Log LocationsChapter 9 of Dead Space Remake has a few log locations and will have you board the USM Valor and explore it while trying to search for survivors. It is worth mentioning that everything in Chapter 9 is completely missable, and you won’t be able to return here after you complete Chapter 9. Therefore, take your time and try to get every possible collectible. Regardless, most of the logs locations of this chapter in the dead space remake are related to the story, with only a few being collectible logs.
- Eject the Warhead: After you reach the Barracks of the USM Valor, the log will automatically play.
- Transformed Soldiers: During your adventures through the Valor, you’ll encounter the fast-moving Necromorph known as the Twitcher. After your first proper confrontation with it, you’ll get a call from Hammond.
- Orders: Head to the Briefing Room, which can be found at the end of the hallway, where you encounter the Twitcher. You’ll find the log in the center of the room.
- Alien Boarders: In the same room as the previous log, turn right and head towards the Airlock Door. You should be able to spot a corpse that will have the audio log on it.
- Kyne: Part of the main story and will trigger once you reach the elevator.
- Why Bring a Nuke: After you’ve gotten rid of the warhead, the log will be triggered.
- He’s Alive: The log will automatically trigger after you leave the Infirmary.
- Dead on Arrival: Part of the main story and will trigger after you make it to the Engine Room once you’ve defeated a bunch of enemies and a brute in the Cargo Bay.
- Go Go: Once you’ve acquired the Singularity Core of the Valor, the log will be played.
- Go to the Crew Deck: The Log will play after you reach the USG Ishimura.
Chapter 10 Log LocationsUnlike the previous few chapters, there are quite a few logs that aren’t part of the main storyline, and you must collect them on your own by exploring. You’ll also be able to complete a bunch of side missions and get upgrades for the Line Gun in this Chapter.
- Working Discreetly: Go through the Diagnostics Lab to find a log on the table. It is part of the Premeditated Malpractice side mission.
- The Marker is Active: After you reach the Crew Deck Tram Station for the first time since you returned from the USM Valor, the log will automatically be triggered.
- Z-Ball Rules: Head towards the Crew Deck and the Z-Ball court. You’ll find the log on a chair in the cafeteria along the way.
- Thank You Doctor: Head inside the Standard Quarters on Floor 1 of the Crew Deck. The room will be filled with toxic gas, but you’ll find the log on one of the bunks as soon as you enter.
- Get to the Shuttle: Keep going down the hallway towards the Deluxe Quarters, and the log will eventually play.
- More Than Sacrifices: From the Central Nexus, you’ll need to make your way to the Executive Quarters by going through a hallway. Just before you enter the hallway, look to its left to find the audio log on the ground.
- Eternal Rest: You’ll find a bunch of dead bodies in the Executive Quarters. You’ll find the log next to them.
- Planetary Mining – An Inventory’s Guide: In the same area as the previous log, turn left to find Captain B. Mathius’ room. Head inside to find the log on the table.
- White’s List: From the previous area, go to the left, and you should find First Officer D. White’s room. Remove the crates blocking the path with your Kinesis, and then head inside to find the log.
- Nexus Organism: After you’ve met Dr. Kyne, you’ll get the chance to enter the Inquiry Desks after destroying a Necromorph growth. Inside you’ll find a log on the table.
- Mercer is Close: After you’ve loaded the marker on the Cargo Bay, the log will automatically trigger.
- Retrieve the Marker: You’ll need to fight the Hunter again, and after you’ve killed it, the log will play.
Chapter 11 Log LocationsChapter 11 is the golden chapter that actually lets you go back and get any items that you might’ve missed throughout your entire gameplay (except for items in Chapter 9). Therefore, if there are any pending side missions, unacquired weapons, or, more importantly, missed logs, you can head back to get them.
But ensure you get everything you need before you head to Aegis VII, as after that, you won’t be able to return to anything else onboard the Ishimura. In terms of the logs in Chapter 11, they’re mainly focused on story logs rather than collectible logs.
- Get to Cargo: After you’ve boarded the tram to head towards the Hanger-Cargo Bay, the log will automatically.
- Last Word: Head to the lower level of the Cargo Bay by taking the small elevator. From there, move to your right to find a Guardian Enemy, and then head into a corner beneath its weak point, which should be to the left of it. There, you’ll find an audio log on the ground.
- Wish me Luck: It will play automatically when you leave the Cargo Bay with the marker.
- He’s Here: Will play as you take the elevator upwards to the Flight Deck.
- Arrival: After you enter the Main Hanger Bay, the log will automatically be played.
- Loading Procedure: After Kyne’s ship lands in the Hanger, the log will be triggered.
- Safety First: After you’ve moved the Marker onto the shuttle and solved the zero gravity puzzle, the log will be triggered.
- Let Him In: The log will play after you turn the gravity back on in the Hanger.
- Betrayal: After you’re heading back to the shuttle ion the Main Hanger Bay, the log will play.
- Nicole’s Return: Plays after the previous log ends.
- We Lost Her: After you follow Nicole to Flight Control and recall the shuttle, the log will trigger.
Chapter 12 Log LocationsChapter 12 is the final chapter of the game, where everything comes together. If you’ve made it to Chapter 12, then you’ve essentially reached the point of no return, as you can’t go back to collect anything that you missed throughout the game unless you go through new game plus. There aren’t many collectible logs in Chapter 12 of Dead Space Remake, as it is more about building up the finale, but there are just a few that you can get.
- Retrieval Order: After you land in Aegis VII, head to the Living Quarters, and you’ll find the log on the ground near the Kiosk Shop.
- They Left Us: From the previous log, head into a door on the left and then look for a dead body. The log will be below the body.
- There’s a Dead Space: As you’re heading to the Server Room to get the battery as part of the main story, the log will play after you kill a necromorph.
- Do You Miss Them: Kill all the enemies in the Supply Depot as part of the main story to trigger the log.
- Groundside Tether: After the marker has been moved to the Transfer Junction area, the log will play automatically.
- Power is Restored: Also part of the main story and plays after you’ve restored power to the facility’s Tether Control.
- Return the Marker: Head to the Extraction Zone to trigger the log.
- Recombination Study: While you’re destroying tendril weak points for the Marker, you’ll find a text log underneath one of them.
- Nicole’s Farewell: Once the marker is placed on the pedestal, the log will play during the scene between Daniels and Nicole.
As mentioned earlier, you can miss about 33 of these logs, and you’ll still get the trophy or achievement needed and obtain 100% completion. In fact, not every single log can be acquired in a single playthrough, as certain logs are only triggered if you skip out on certain actions, while the other logs are triggered if you don’t skip out on those same actions. So, you’ll likely need to play through New Game Plus to get every single log. But if you’re trying to get the secret ending, you’ll likely be playing through the New Game Plus anyways.
There’s much more you can also do in Dead Space Remake, such as get the burnished suit or get other trophies like the Backbreaker. You can find many easter eggs, too, in the game and get infinite ammo, so you can kill any necromorph that gets in your way without worrying about resources. And if you find the game too easy, you can play it in impossible mode as well.
But with that, you now know all of the log locations in Dead Space Remake. Collecting every single one of them can be a huge and tedious task. If you’re aiming to get only all the trophies, that you can likely get it in a single run, as you can skip around 33 logs and still attain the trophy. But for every single log, you’ll likely need multiple runs.
- Dead Space Remake: How To Get Wishbone
- Dead Space Remake: Foam Finger
- Dead Space Remake: Find Report On The Bridge
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍