With Dead Space Remake out, it is completely understandable for you to be locked in and speedrunning through the game. The Side Missions are the newest addition to the game, as they expand more into the story. If you are looking for help in the side missions, we have you covered. This guide is here to help in accessing all Dead Space Remake Side Missions.
- There are a total of 3 Dead Space Side Missions.
- Certain tasks have to be completed before being able to unlock a Side Mission.
- The missions expand further on the downfall of the once-great USG Ishimura.
- Side Missions are optional to play but add to the fun of playing the game.
- They can be tracked with Isaac’s Wayfinder.
This is the first Side Mission to appear in the Dead Space Remake, and you will find it once you reach Chapter 2: Intensive Care. This focuses on the investigations being carried out by Nicole Brenan, the Senior Medical Officer. Nicole is investigating the origin of the Necromorph outbreak aboard the USG Ishimura.
The Dead Space Side Mission has a couple of objectives to be completed, and all of them have been listed below.
- Investigate the Emergency Room by interacting with one of the beds.
- Follow Nicole’s hologram to reveal her Audio Log.
- Locate the Autopsy Location in the Engineering Room.
- Locate Kyne’s hideout in Deck D of the Mining Deck.
- Investigate Mercer’s Quarters once you have access to the Crew Deck in Chapter 10.
How To Unlock The ‘Scientific Method’ Side Mission?
To unlock this side mission, you will have to interact with Nicole’s Audio Log. The audio log is placed in Nicole’s office, which can be found in the Main Lab. The first time this can office can be accessible is in Chapter 2, not before.
You Are Not Authorized
This Side Mission is the second out of a total of three Dead Space Side Missions. Only accessible after reaching Chapter 4: Obliteration Imminent, this mission has its own story. This focuses on creating a Master Override using the RIGs of the Ishimura, and you are tasked with carrying it out.
The Dead Space Side Mission comes bearing its own objectives, which have been listed below; make sure to have a look before continuing your way onto the mission itself.
- Locate the Voelkner RIG in the Hangar Bay.
- Locate Officer White’s RIG on the outside of the USG Ishimura.
- Locate Lt. Commander Holt’s RIG underneath the East Grow Chamber.
- Locate Mining Supervisor Dallas’ RIG inside the Mineral Processing Control Room.
- Locate Chief Engineer Rosseau’s RIG on the roof of the Fuel Storage.
- Locate Comms Officer Bailey’s RIG in the Comms Control Room.
- Locate Supervisor Benson’s RIG near the Tram Maintenance Tunnels.
- Create a Master Override.
How To Unlock The ‘You Are Not Authorized’ Side Mission?
To unlock this Dead Space Side Mission, we have two separate ways to go. You can first begin this mission in Chapter 4 by interacting with the Bridge Security at the Captain’s Nest.
If you, however, happen to miss the Bride Security in Chapter 4, there is still another way. Find a door that requires Master Override to open, and attempt to open that door. This will give you access to the mission.
Premeditated Malpractice is the final Dead Space Remake Side Mission. This mission is accessible as early as Chapter 5: Lethal Devotion. This side mission has a keen focus on unraveling the origin of the dreaded Hunter Necromorph.
- Scan the Tissue Sample in the Main Lab.
- Find the ICU Bed with Harris and interact with the terminal near the bed.
- Investigate Ore Storage.
- Find the report on the bridge by interacting with one of the terminals at the entrance.
- Investigate Hydroponics.
How To Unlock The ‘Premeditated Malpractice’ Side Mission?
Accessing the Premeditated Malpractice Dead Space Side Mission is fairly easy. Once you have defeated the Hunter at the beginning of Chapter 5, interact with the Tissue sample left behind in the Cryogenic Chamber. This will trigger the Side Mission.
This is all there is to the Dead Space Remake Side Missions, and the missions are fairly easy to locate, so it should not be that big of an issue. Check out our guide on How To Get The Line Gun in Dead Space Remake; have your artillery filled with weapons to fight against the Necromorphs. Let us know in the comments below if you would like more guides like this one.
- Dead Space Remake: All Weapons Locations
- Dead Space Remake: How To Defeat The Leviathan
- Dead Space Remake Best Weapons & How To Get Them
- Dead Space Remake Weapons Tier List
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍