Diablo 4 is the upcoming game of the iconic Diablo franchise. Being the franchise a lot of gamers grew up with, a lot of expectations are riding on Diablo 4. Even though the game has not been released, we still have bits of information from the trailers.
Diablo 4 & Diablo Immortal
Diablo 4 and Diablo Immortal are both part of the Diablo series but offer distinct differences, most of which I have listed below:
- Open World vs. Mobile Platform:
- Diablo 4 is the first in the series to feature an open world, allowing players to freely explore a massive game world without separate portals or maps.
- Diablo Immortal is designed for mobile devices, offering a more streamlined and on-the-go gaming experience.
- Gameplay and Activities:
- Diablo 4 includes open-world activities such as dungeons and strongholds, which players must complete for rewards and materials. It features 150 dungeons and turns strongholds into towns or NPC-filled areas after clearing them.
- Diablo Immortal, while offering immersive gameplay, has a different focus due to its mobile platform, with activities tailored for shorter gaming sessions.
- Local Events:
- Diablo 4 introduces local events in its open world, giving players the choice to participate in them.
- Diablo Immortal may have events as well, but the nature of these events may differ due to the mobile platform.
- Ambiance and Art Style:
- Diablo Immortal has an epic fantasy vibe, offering a different artistic direction from previous Diablo games.
- Diablo 4 returns to the series’ dark, gothic horror atmosphere reminiscent of the first two Diablo games. It abandons the epic fantasy style seen in Diablo Immortal.
In summary, I fully believe Diablo 4 stands out with its open-world exploration and a return to the series’ darker atmosphere, providing a different gaming experience compared to Diablo Immortal’s mobile-focused gameplay and epic fantasy style. Players can choose the game that aligns more with their preferences and playstyle.
Below, I’ve given a quick summary of the differences between Diablo Immortal and Diablo 4:
|Open world with freedom to explore
|Connected through portals and maps
|Ambiance and Atmosphere
|Dark gothic horror atmosphere
|Epic fantasy vibe
|5 starting classes with diverse customization
|6 starting classes with customization
|Accessible whenever players want
|General PvP system
|More dungeons, weapons, abilities, and skills
|Limited endgame content
|Bosses and Challenges
|More bosses and challenges
|Fewer endgame bosses and challenges
Character Customization Comparison
Diablo 4 character creation is shaping up to be the most diverse and flexible character creation ever seen in Diablo. Which further increases the immersion and replayability of the game. But when it comes to variety in classes. Diablo 4 only has 5 starting classes, while Diablo Immortal has 6.
Diablo Immortal Starting Classes
The game has 6 classes to choose from while creating a character.
- Starting Classes: Diablo Immortal features 6 starting classes for character creation: Barbarian, Crusader, Demon Hunter, Monk, Necromancer, and Wizard.
- Class Specializations: Each class has unique abilities and playstyles. For example, Barbarians are melee-based warriors, Crusaders combine melee combat with holy magic, Demon Hunters excel in ranged combat, Monks are sacred martial artists, Necromancers summon and control the undead, and Wizards wield powerful arcane magic.
Diablo 4 Starting Classes
- Starting Classes: Diablo 4 has 5 starting classes for character creation: Barbarian, Druid, Necromancer, Rogue, and Sorcerer.
- Class Specializations: Each class in Diablo 4 offers its own unique blend of abilities and playstyles. Barbarians are melee-focused, Druids have a mix of physical and magical abilities, Necromancers summon and control the dead, Rogues excel in both ranged and close-quarters combat, and Sorcerers use powerful long-range magic attacks.
While Diablo Immortal has a larger number of starting classes, Diablo 4 introduces new classes like the Druid and Rogue, offering diverse gameplay experiences. Character customization and class variety will depend on players’ preferences and the specific playstyle they enjoy. Both games provide opportunities for different character builds and replayability.
Diablo 4 introduces a revamped PvP (Player vs. Player) system that differs from Diablo Immortal:
Diablo 4 PvP:
- On-Demand PvP: In Diablo 4, players have the freedom to access PvP whenever they wish while playing the game, allowing for more spontaneous player battles.
- PvP Zones: The game includes dedicated PvP zones where players can engage in battles against each other. These zones are specifically designed for player combat.
- Champion System: Diablo 4 introduces a “Champion” system where high-level players are marked as Champions. This designation makes them attractive targets for other players seeking PvP encounters. Being a Champion means you might be constantly on guard as other players may challenge you at any moment.
This new PvP system in Diablo 4, in my opinion, offers a more dynamic and player-driven experience compared to Diablo Immortal, where PvP may be structured differently due to its mobile platform and gameplay style.
End Game Comparison
The End Game of Diablo 4 seems a lot more vast and features more content compared to Diablo Immortal. Diablo 4 promises to have more dungeons that will unlock more weapons, abilities, and new skills to gain. Diablo 4 is trying to improve on Diablo Immortal in every way, and if you ask me, I think it’s succeeding.
Diablo 4 end game promises to offer a proper challenge and worthy rewards for players who make it to the end game. As it will contain more end-game content than any other Diablo game.
Diablo 4 appears to be shaping up as a significant evolution of the Diablo franchise, offering improvements and expansions in various aspects compared to Diablo Immortal. With a larger open world, more character customization options, an enhanced PvP system, and a wealth of end-game content, Diablo 4 aims to set a new standard for the series and the RPG genre as a whole. Fans of the franchise can look forward to a more immersive and diverse experience in this highly anticipated game.
That concludes my article for Diablo 4 vs Diablo Immortal.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍