Diablo 4 is the upcoming game of the iconic Diablo franchise. Being the franchise a lot of gamers grew up with. A lot of expectations are riding on Diablo 4. Even though the game has not been released, we still have bits of information from the trailers. And based on that information, We have prepared this Diablo Immortal Vs Diablo 4 guide for hardcore Diablo fans. While you’re at it, consider reading our Diablo Immortal Vs Lost Ark guide.
Fighting evil is still one of the core pillars of the Diablo franchise. Diablo 4 acts as a sequel to the 2012’s Diablo 3 while Diablo Immortal acts as a middle game between Diablo 2 and Diablo 3 where players are tasked to discover which events transpired between these two games.
Now that Diablo 4 is confirmed for release in 2023. It got a lot of people hyped and in this guide, we will inform you of all the differences between Diablo 4 and Diablo Immortal and do a proper comparison based on all the information we currently have on the game.
But before we continue, if you are still new to Diablo Immortal then consider reading our Diablo Immortal Wiki guide.
Comparison Between Diablo 4 & Diablo Immortal
Unlike its predecessors, Diablo 4 is the first Diablo game that features an open world. Different parts of the world are no longer connected through different portals and maps. Diablo 4 gives the players the freedom to explore its massive open world.
Like other open-world games, Diablo 4 will feature dungeons and strongholds and players will be tasked to complete these open-world activities to earn different rewards and materials.
As of now, it is confirmed that Diablo 4 will have 150 dungeons. When it comes to Strongholds, it is currently confirmed that strongholds will turn into your average towns or an area filled with NPCs once you have cleared them.
Another interesting to note is that Diablo 4 will feature Local Events in its open world and it will be up to the player whether they wish to take part in it or not.
With all these features being added in Diablo 4. It is pretty obvious that the world of Diablo 4 gives the game a huge lead over Diablo Immortal in the battle of Diablo Immortal Vs Diablo 4.
The Ambiance of the World
While we are still discussing the world of Diablo 4 and Diablo Immortal. Let’s go into more detail by discussing its ambiance and vibe. While Diablo Immortal world has an epic fantasy vibe to it. Diablo 4 world is grimmer and darker.
Diablo 4 is returning to its roots by ditching the epic fantasy art style used in Diablo Immortal in favor of the dark gothic horror atmosphere of the first two Diablo games.
In any case, whether or not you are a Diablo Immortal fan. You will get to experience a brand new world with its own vibe and atmosphere when you start playing Diablo 4.
Character Customization Comparison
Diablo 4 character creation is shaping up to be the most diverse and flexible character creation ever seen in Diablo. Which further increases the immersion and replayability of the game. But when it comes to variety in classes. Diablo 4 only has 5 starting classes while Diablo Immortal has 6.
Diablo Immortal Starting Classes
The game has 6 classes to choose from while creating a character.
- Barbarian: The Barbarian is a melee-based class. They specialize in physical damage. Barbarians are savage warriors. The class is great for players who like to get up close and personal with their enemies.
- Crusader: Similar to the Barbarian class, the Crusader class is also melee based. The Crusader relies on Holy Magic and Heavy Armor therefore the class specializes in both physical damage and magical damage.
- Demon Hunter: The Demon Hunter class relies on Ranged Weapons to damage their enemies from afar with the help of their arrows, explosives, and mechanisms. The Demon Hunter exerts physical damage on his enemies.
- Monk: The Monk class is melee-based. They are sacred martial artists who channel their divine energy into powerful melee attacks. This class specializes in physical damage
- Necromancer: Unlike every other class on the list. The Necromancer class uses their abilities to summon the dead and make their minions fight their enemies. The class specializes in magical damage
- Wizard: The Wizard class relies on magic to damage their enemies from afar. The Wizards channel their arcane energy into powerful combinations of magic. This class specializes in magical damage.
Diablo 4 Starting Classes
Unlike Diablo Immortal which has 6 classes to choose from. Diablo 4 only has 5 starting classes
- Barbarian: The Barbarian makes a return in Diablo 4. It is a melee-based class. The Barbarian has unparallel strength and wields an entire arsenal in the battle. This class specializes in physical damage.
- Druid: From all the information we have about the Druid. We believe that the Druid class specializes in both physical damage and magical damage while also being able to damage his enemies from afar. Due to his ability to transform into a werewolf to fight alongside other creatures and his ability to command the power of earth, wind, and storm.
- Necromancer: Similar to Diablo Immortal. The Necromancer in Diablo 4 can summon the dead and command them to attack their enemies. Therefore this class specializes in magical damage.
- Rogue: Another class newly introduced. The Rogue specializes in both ranged and close-quarters combat. The Rogue’s arsenal also includes poisonous darts and shadow magic. Therefore we can conclude that The Rogue specializes in both physical damage and magical damage.
- Sorcerer: Similar to the Wizard. The Sorcerer class relies on magic to damage their enemies from afar. Whether it’s hurling bolts of lightning or impaling their foes upon spikes of ice. The Sorcerer class deals in magical damage.
Instead of following the footsteps left behind by Diablo Immortal. Diablo 4 introduces a brand new PvP system. It allows the players to access PvP whenever they want while they play the game.
The game also has separate PvP areas known as PvP zones. Players are allowed to battle other players in these PvP zones.
Another feature that is newly introduced in Diablo 4 is that if you are a high-level player then it places a target on your back. It marks you as a “Champion”, making you an ideal target for other players.
If you succeed in becoming a Champion in Diablo 4 then watch your back. You never know when some other player might be lurking about.
End Game Comparison
The End Game of Diablo 4 seems a lot more vast and features more content compared to Diablo Immortal. Diablo 4 promises to have more dungeons that will be unlocked, more weapons, abilities, and new skills to gain. Diablo 4 is trying to improve on Diablo Immortal in every way.
Diablo 4 end game promises to offer a proper challenge and worthy rewards for players who made it to the end game. As it will contain more end-game content than any other Diablo game.
Diablo 4 promises to improve on everything from Diablo Immortal. It promises a bigger, more vibrant open world with more variety and open-world activities to keep things fresh. Diablo 4 promises better flexible character customization, with a better PvP system and more end-game content.
From all we know, Diablo 4 is shaping up to be one of the best Diablo games out there. Diablo 4 is hoping to change the way fan sees the Diablo franchise and set a new standard for RPGs.
That concludes our article for Diablo 4 vs Diablo Immortal. Diablo Immortal is available now on PC and mobile. While Diablo 4 is currently set to release on the PS5, Xbox Series S/X, and PC in 2023. If we missed anything worth noting then let us know in the commend section below.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍