Choices you make in Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes affect NPCs around you and the game’s ending. One of the most important decisions in the game is presented in Chapter 2. Whichever side you join affects the ending of the game. In turn, you get a total of 3 endings of Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes. Most of the players think that these are the only endings. But they don’t know that there is a secret ending to Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes that includes a being known as Epimenides.
What Is Epimenides’ Ending
Epimenides ending, most commonly known as the Secret Ending, doesn’t happen during Chapter 14 of Fire Emblem Warrior: Three Hopes. Instead, the game adds two additional chapters. These chapters are named ‘The Hour of Vengeance’ and ‘Into the Chasm’. The story will continue in these chapters.
For the Epimenides’ Ending, it doesn’t matter what side you choose. Whether you choose the Golden Deer, Black Eagles, or Blue Lions, Only the playable characters will be with you.
How To Trigger Epimenides Ending
Whether you get the secret ending depends on your decision to kill Byleth. If you kill them, then the Secret Ending won’t happen. But if you keep Byleth and recruit them, things change.
Killing or recruiting Byleth part occurs quite late in the game, and there is no specific point in the story at which it happens. It will be different for whichever side you take on. But one thing will be common between all of these points. Before the battle where you encounter Byleth starts, you’ll get a message that will say, ‘Your actions in this battle will greatly impact the outcome of the story”.
Once you get this message on your screen, that’s your signal. If you want the secret Epimenides’ Ending of Fire Emblem Warriors’ latest game, then here’s what you need to do. Save your game and ensure you are ready to load from that saved game.
That is because you need to make sure that you’re able to recruit Byleth successfully. You’ll get access to the additional Chapters 15 and 16 and the Secret Ending.
How To Recruit Byleth
As I’ve mentioned before, depending on which side you take in Chapter 2, you’ll get to recruit Byleth at different points in the story. So we’ll go through each of these individually on how you can recruit them. That is because Byleth is important to unlock Epimenides ending in Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes.
Scarlet Blaze Path
To recruit Byleth in Fire Emblem: Three Houses when siding with the Black Eagles and Edelgard, follow these steps during Chapter 10:
- Ensure Baron Mateus stays alive until the end of the Final Battle: Subjugation of the Western Kingdom.
- Obtain the Resonant Lightning Strategy; refrain from defeating Byleth in the side mission.
- When the battle starts, capture strongholds around Baron Mateus without killing him; make him surrender.
- Activate the Resonant Lightning strategy when Baron Mateus surrenders, causing Jeralt’s mercenary to appear earlier.
- Order forces to capture the remaining strongholds and defeat Yuri when he appears.
- Head to Rodrigue from the east path, defeating Alois and Rodrigue at the Kingdom’s main boss.
- Baron Mateus will destroy the bridge, forcing Byleth and Jeralt’s mercenaries to join you when the battle concludes.
Azure Gleam Path
To recruit Byleth in the Azure Gleam path during the final battle of Chapter 12 in Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes, follow these steps:
- Unlock the Locate Ambushers Strategy at the Menja Territory Survey Spot.
- Save your game before the Battle, as one mistake can hinder recruitment.
- Use the Locate Ambushers Strategy and ensure none of your units are spotted by mercenaries.
- Use All-Out Defense on the bottom-right stronghold to clear the way.
- Follow the green arrow to avoid mercenaries, defeat Stronghold Leaders, and open closed gates.
- Complete the Defeat Fleche objective after the main objective changes.
- Ignore the ‘Defeat Byleth’ side mission, as defeating Byleth prevents recruitment.
- Defeat the Mercenaries and prevent them from infiltrating the Allied Base.
- Finish the side mission ‘Defeat The Trickster’ as it might be a necessary step.
- After defeating Randolph and without facing Byleth, the battle will end, and both Jeralt and Byleth will join your party.
- With Byleth recruited, you can pursue the Epimenides ending in Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes.
Golden Wildfire Path
If you side with Claude in Chapter 2 of Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes, you can recruit Byleth after Chapter 10: Love and Loss.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Stay with Claude and avoid completing the ‘Defeat Byleth’ side mission during the final boss battle.
- Quickly defeat the final boss once it appears.
- Help Claude reach his destination in the final mission and then escort him back while avoiding Byleth.
- Avoid encountering Byleth during the escort, as defeating them is not necessary for recruitment.
- While escorting Claude, position some units in the upper left corner of the map for the appearance of the Final Boss, Fleche.
- Once Fleche appears, Byleth will rush back to protect her; switch to the units in the boss area to defeat Fleche before Byleth arrives.
- If successful, you’ll be able to recruit both Byleth and Jeralt.
Chapter 15 Objectives
When chapter 15 begins, Shez is possessed by Arval. They then try to finish off Byleth. The rest of the team members pursue Shez and Arval. They are then defeated by your party members, but they disappear.
But then, Solon appears as a boss. You need to defeat Solon to complete the chapter. Here, Solon will be injured by the leader of the House you decided to side with. But he’ll manage to escape from them.
Solon is killed by Shez, who is still controlled by Arval. The sacrifice of Solon by Arval opens up a mysterious portal. The portal leads to Zahras, the dimension of Darkness.
The heads of the three Houses will arrive here, but they will be swallowed by the Portal and go into Zahras. Here, Chapter 15 of Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes comes to an end.
Chapter 16 Objectives
Chapter 16 reveals that Arval was controlled by force. This force is known as Epimenides. Now heads of all three houses, Claude, Dimitri, and Edelgard, all join forces to defeat Epimenides in Fire Emblem Warrior Three Hopes. Shez will join the heads of the houses in the fight.
After a gruesome battle, the newly formed alliance succeeds in defeating Epimenides. Epimenides will disappear, and with it, Arval, too, will disappear. This is the end of Shez and Arval’s story, which isn’t explained in other endings of the game.
Rewards From Epimenides’ Ending
The reward for Epimenides’ secret ending is that, first of all, you get Byleth and Jeralt. You can unlock them after they join you earlier in the game. Next up, after finishing the game, you’ll get Arval as a playable character.
To buy Arval, you need to load a completed save. Then, go to Shez’s quarters, and there, you need to interact with the journal. You can then buy Arval using 60 fame points.
If you’re a player who is interested in the lore of Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes, then this ending is for you. The ending explains what will happen to Shez and Arval. Their story was left out as a gap by the other three endings if you killed Byleth.
Not only that, you’ll get to meet and defeat the force Epimenides in Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes. That is important for a lot of the fanbase, as it was controlling Arval for the whole time. So if you are a fan of the lore of Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes, this ending is meant for you.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍