Armored Core 6 Fires of Rubicon is finally here, and gamers all over the world are going crazy for it. But, as with all newly released games, there are some hiccups that players are facing, preventing them from enjoying the game. One of the most popular problems is that Armored Core 6 won’t launch.
If you’re one of the unlucky few who encountered this problem, then worry not. Just follow our with our guide.
What Causes The Armored Core 6 Won’t Launch Error
When you can’t launch Armored Core 6, you may be frustrated and confused as to why this is happening. There are a variety of causes for this error:
- Conflicts with antivirus or firewalls
- Missing or corrupted game files
- Outdated game version
- Outdated graphics drivers
- Old Windows version
Fix Armored Core 6 Won’t Launch Error
There are many solutions to this problem that you can try. Make sure you try to follow all the methods until you solve the issue. But before we delve into the solutions, we must ensure your system is compatible with Armored Core 6. Many players seem to be satisfied with these specs.
- OS: Windows 10
- CPU: Intel Core I7-4790K/Intel Core I5-8400 or AMD Ryzen 7 1800X/AMD Ryzen 5 2600.
- Memory: 12 GB RAM
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650, 4GB or AMD Radeon RX 480, 4GB
- DirectX: DirectX12
- Storage: 60 GB
- OS: Windows 10/11
- CPU: Intel Core I7-7700/Intel Core I5-10400 or AMD Ryzen 7 2700X/AMD Ryzen 5 3600
- Memory: 12 GB RAM
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, 6GB or AMD Radeon RX 590, 8GB or Intel Arc A750, 8GB.
- DirectX: DirectX12
- Storage: 60 GB
Verify The Integrity Of Game Files
Verifying the integrity of game files is a procedure that checks the game files for any missing or corrupt data. In case any are found, it replaces them from Steam servers. Doing this may help you resolve the Armored Core 6 can’t launch error. Here’s how you can verify game files:
- Launch Steam and navigate to your Library.
- In your Library, locate Armored Core 6 and right-click on it.
- Now, press Properties and then go to Local Files.
- Finally, select the button that says “Verify integrity of game files…“.
- You can now restart your system and check if the game launches.
Run Armored Core 6 As An Administrator
Sometimes, your system prevents certain actions that your game wants to perform as these administrator privileges. So, running the game as an administrator will give it the necessary permissions to function correctly. Here’s how to do that:
- Locate the Armored Core 6 executable shortcut file on your PC.
- Then right-click and select Properties.
- Then, go over to the Compatibility tab.
- Next, check the box that says, “Run this program as an administrator.”
- Finally, press Apply. Then, try to launch the game and see if the error has been resolved.
Update Your Graphics Driver
Updating your graphics driver is important because you need to ensure that your hardware can support Armored Core 6’s requirements and be compatible with it. To update your graphics driver, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows+X keys to open the Quick Link Menu.
- Then, click on Device Manager.
- Now, double-click on Display adapters.
- From the drop-down options, right-click on the graphics card that you’re using.
- Next, select the Update driver and choose the Search automatically for drivers option.
- Finally, restart your computer to make sure the changes are implemented.
Allow Armored Core 6 Through The Firewall
Sometimes, your firewall can mistake the game as a threat and prevent it from launching. So, we will allow Armored Core 6 through your firewall settings. Here’s how you can do that:
- Search Start for “Windows Defender Firewall” and open it.
- Then, on the left, click the button that says, “Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall“.
- Then click on Change setting and Allow another app.
- Then, navigate to the Armored Core 6 installation folder.
- Locate and click the game’s executable file and press Open.
- Finally, check all the boxes in the private and public columns for Armored Core 6.
- Press OK and restart your computer.
Install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
Many applications, including Armored Core 6, require libraries and tools provided by Visual C++ Redistributable. So, you must install the Redistributable so that the game may work smoothly. Here’s how you can do that:
- Follow this link to go to the official Microsoft Redistributable.
- Then, install the package that is supported by your system.
- Follow the installation steps and run the package.
- Reboot and check if the error still persists.
There are other solutions that you can try out as well in case the ones we provided above don’t work out for you. You can try to update your Windows, as an outdated Windows may have missing files or compatibility problems. Another thing you can try is to disable overlays while playing the game, as they can consume a lot of RAM. You can also close unnecessary programs so they do not have any conflicts with the game.
Were You Finally Able To Launch Armored Core 6
We have finally given you all the possible solutions that you can try to solve the Armored Core 6 won’t launch error. We hope our in-depth and concise guide helped you finally resolve this annoying issue. But if you’re still facing this problem, simply report it to the official support. Since Armored Core 6 is a newly released game, you can wait for a new patch to be released that will solve your issue.
The game has a few bugs that need to be ironed out. However, Armored Core 6 may not launch due to missing/corrupted game files, outdated graphics card drivers, and background application interference.
You can start by updating your graphics card drivers, verifying your game files, allowing Armored Core 6 through the firewall, and closing unnecessary background applications.
Since you read this article, also check out:
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍