Many players recently have been facing the error code 1016 in Diablo 3. This error stops players from connecting the game to the online servers. I know this error can be very frustrating to deal with. But you don’t have to worry about that because we’ll show you some methods to fix it.
This error can occur due to a weak internet connection. The thing that is causing problems can be IPv6 and compatibility issues or Ip address problems. When it comes to RPG games, network issues and errors are very common.
Disable Internet Protocol Version 6
IPv6 is probably the reason behind this error. As it also causes the error in other games as well. The IPv6 is mostly not compatible with old games. Disabling it for your default internet connection can help you fix this error. Don’t worry. I’ll also tell you steps on how you can disable it, so make sure to follow these steps:
Methods To Disable IPv6 On Windows:
- First of all, you need to go to Start and open settings from there.
- Go to network and internet.
- In the left-hand sidebar, select status and scroll down to click on network reset.
- Click reset now on the network reset screen.
- A warning message will appear. Click yes to continue.
- Once the process is completed, IPv6 will be disabled.
Methods To Disable IPv6 On macOS:
- Open system preferences from the Apple menu.
- Select a network from there. In the lower-right corner of the screen, select advanced.
- Select TCP/IP, click the configure IPv6 pop-up menu, and select off.
- After applying, then click on the confirmation window.
- Close system preferences. If you want the changes to take effect, restart your pc.
Hopefully, disabling IPv6 helped you to solve error 1016.
Run Diablo 3 in Compatibility Mode
Running your game in compatibility mode can help you to run older games on your computer easily. To run your game in compatibility mode window 7, follow these very simple steps:
- The first step is you are gonna have to locate the game or simply see if you have the game on your desktop.
- Right-click the game and select properties.
- Open the compatibility tab on your properties window, click on the box next to the “run this program as compatibility mode ” option choose window 7 from the menu that will appear.
- Now on the same window at the bottom, there is “run as administrator” Click on it.
- Running your game as administrator will give the game permission, which can help remove the error.
- To save the changes, click on apply button.
Now try restarting your game; hopefully, it will help you to fix the error code 1016.
Scan And Repair Your Game Files
Scanning and repairing your game can restore the files. By doing so you can also fix this error, but to do that, make sure to follow these steps:
- The first step is you are gonna have to open battle.net and sign in.
- In the games tab, selects Diablo 3.
- Select the scan and repair option on the right side of the screen.
- You’ll see the Diablo 3 game version on the next page. Click on the start button.
- The repair will start, and you will be notified when it is completed.
Once the repair is finished, your error will probably be fixed.
Try Restarting Your Modem
You can also fix this error by power cycling your internet router; by doing this, you are turning it off and rebooting your internet/ modem. Steps to restart your router:
- The first step you have to do is to turn off the power button on the back of your router.
- Unplug the ethernet and power cable from the router.
- Wait for 1-2 minutes.
- Now reconnect the power and ethernet cable to the router.
- After the internet light turns on, check if your internet is working properly.
Hopefully, by doing so, you have fixed the error.
Add Diablo 3 To Antivirus Exception List
Antivirus can block your game from accessing the internet. You can add your game to the antivirus exception list to fix this error, and for that, follow these steps:
- Open any antivirus that you have on your device.
- Now go to the homepage and select Settings.
- You have to choose to add “to exceptions in your antivirus.”
- Now in this list, add your game.
- Save this and exit.
Now close your game, restart, and see if it helped you fix the error.
Play Diablo 3 After A Clean Boot
Windows are started with a little set of drivers and startup programs with the help of a clean boot. So that we can find out if our game is interfered with by any background program. To clean boot, your windows follow these steps:
- Right-click on the start menu and select search.
- Type “msconfig” and enter.
- Click Service and select the “Hide all Microsoft Services” checkbox.
- Click disable all and click startup.
- Now open task manager.
- You have to click the startup program on any program you suspect might be interfering.
- Click disable.
- Now repeat steps 9 to 10 to startup all programs.
- Close the taskbar. Click on the system configuration window.
- Restart the window.
By doing so, you have cleaned and booted your device now. Hopefully, this helped you to fix the error.
Reset Your Ip Address
The error code 1016 in Diablo 3 can be caused because of IP address problems. Collection of these IP configuration commands may aid you in renewing your IP address. Simply by resetting the IP, you can fix your error, but to do that, follow these steps:
- First, open the run dialogue box to open it, and press Window+R.
- Open the command prompt with administrator rights type cmd in the run dialogue box and hit Ctrl+Shift+Enter.
Then enter the following commands:
After entering these commands and the command prompt window and launch the game to see if it doing this helped you to fix the error code 1016.
Contact Diablo 3 Contact Support
If none of the methods given in the article helps you to fix this error. You can try contacting Diablo 3 Contact Support. Maybe they can help you to resolve this error. In order to contact Diablo 3 support, make sure to follow these steps:
- You need to “click here.”
- By doing so, you have opened the blizzard support.
- Now go to the contact tab and select games.
- Find Diablo 3 there and click on it.
- Tell them about the issue you have, which is Diablo 3 error code 1016.
- And click on continue.
Hopefully, blizzard support will contact you and help you to solve the error.
Did You Fix The Error?
I know that this error can be frustrating to deal with, but if you have read the article above and tried every method that I mentioned, you should have been able to fix this error.
It is basically an error that occurs due to a connection issue.
No, it is not that hard to fix the error code 1016 if u follow the methods I provided in the above article.
Error 1016 has no permanent fix. Network issues or server maintenance can cause this error. You can fix the error by ensuring a stable internet connection.
Have issues with other games. Make sure to check out other guides which we have covered on eXputer.
Next Read: Diablo 3 Error Codes 1016 & 3001
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍