What is Diablo Immortal Please Check Your Internet Connection?
Diablo Immortal is a pretty fun game that puts even the most hardcore RPG fans to its paces. However, in times that it’s not fun at all, you’re probably looking at an error screen, such as the one in question. What we have at our disposal here is purely an internet-centric issue that doesn’t seem to go away on its own unless, of course, you do something about it.
11 Ways to Fix Check Your Internet Connection in Diablo Immortal
The following is our cherry-picked collection of the best potential solutions there are to this vexing Diablo Immortal issue.
Confirm Server Availability
Before getting started with the list of fixes we’ve got for you, take some time out and confirm whether the developers have pulled the servers for maintenance. In the case that the servers are experiencing downtime, you won’t be able to get through the startup screen.
Take to the official Twitter account of the developers, therefore, to get live updates of Immortal’s server availability. If the servers are working just fine, you’ll definitely need to take the matter into your own hands. Continue reading, therefore, and try what we’ve laid out for you ahead.
Keep Repeatedly Trying to Get Past the Error Prompt
Some Reddit users have reported a workaround for the ‘Diablo Immortal please check your internet connection’ error. They claim that repeatedly tapping the ‘OK’ button, despite it taking you back to your phone’s home screen, can eventually allow you to progress into the game. While this method may seem repetitive and tedious, it has worked for many players.
Turn Off Your Antivirus Software
A bevy of players have all conformed to the idea that turning off your mobile phone’s installed antivirus software leads to success in terms of fixing the internet issue plaguing Diablo Immortal. We’re not exactly sure how this plays out, but as long as it gets stuff done, we’re more than happy to get rolling with it.
Provide Administrator Privileges to the Battle.net Launcher
It’s possible that a lack of administrator privileges is causing issues with playing Diablo Immortal on your PC. To address this, try launching the Battle.net launcher as an administrator. Here’s how to do it:
- Use the Windows Search bar in the top-left corner of your PC to search for ‘Battle.net.’
- When the relevant option appears, right-click on it and select ‘Run as administrator.’
If you have a desktop shortcut for the Battle.net app, you can also launch it as an admin from there:
- Right-click on the Battle.net app icon on your desktop.
- Select ‘Run as administrator.’
This should help you bypass any potential administrator privilege-related problems.
If running the title as an administrator didn’t work things out for this internet-centric issue, there are plenty of other measures still left to take.
Switch Your Internet Connection
Many users have successfully resolved the ‘Diablo Immortal please check your internet connection’ issue by simply changing their internet connection source. Here’s how to do it:
- If you’re using Wi-Fi, turn off Wi-Fi on your device.
- Restart your phone.
- Keep Wi-Fi turned off and use your mobile data connection instead.
- Launch Diablo Immortal and check if the issue persists.
You can also try the reverse method by switching from mobile data to Wi-Fi if you were originally using mobile data.
According to various community posts and Reddit forums, this method has worked for the majority of players. Changing your IP address through a different internet connection can sometimes resolve the issue, as problems with your IP address may be causing connectivity problems.
Use a VPN
Next up, we’ve stumbled upon a different kind of approach towards fixing the internet issue at hand regarding Blizzard’s latest RPG venture. Try a Virtual Protocol Network, or VPN—as most people tend to coin it—for connecting to Diablo Immortal.
This is especially advised in the case that you do not have another internet connection that’s easily available at your disposal. If you cannot try attempting the latter in the hope of resolving the error in question, try looking up a good VPN instead. You’re bound to get good results.
Luckily, there is no scarcity of high-quality VPN software on mobile platforms, both paid and free, so you shouldn’t be struggling to pick a high-quality one. If you want our advice, try SuperVPN Fast VPN Client from the Google Play Store for speedy, effective, and dependable results without paying a single dime. Make sure to avoid connecting to countries like the Netherlands and Belgium due to obvious reasons.
- A swift nudge in case you missed it: Diablo Immortal isn’t available to download or play officially in the Netherlands and Belgium due to their respective “lootbox” laws.
PC gamers can benefit from the functioning of ProtonVPN, which is yet another SuperVPN equivalent on the Windows platform. Do give it a shot if you’re after a free VPN that pushes out solid levels of performance.
Clear Diablo Immortal’s Cache and Data
Some players have been able to get Diablo Immortal to work just by implementing this painless strategy of clearing the game’s cache and data. Of course, what we have here is restricted to mobile gamers, so in the case that you’re on a PC, skip this section and continue reading from the next one.
Before we begin though, please note that the instructions provided ahead are primarily for Redmi mobile phones that run Android. With that said, the fundamentals of the strategy are more or less typical for every Android device, so you should be able to replicate them effortlessly on your end.
- The first step is to open the Google Play Store app on your Android smartphone. You can do this in plenty of easy ways, either from the home screen or by searching for the utility individually. Once done, look for the “Apps” section. The screenshot below should guide you further from here on out.
Tapping on the “Apps” area
- Clicking on “Apps” will lead you to another page. Click on “Manage apps” here to get to the next step.
Selecting “Manage apps”
- After the previous step, you will be taken to a page where all present applications will be listed. Look for the Diablo Immortal app here and click on it to get to the next step.
- In this second last step, look for a button that would say something like “Clear data.” This is something that’s bound to be on your phone, regardless of the make and model.
Tapping on the “Clear data” Option
- After clicking on “Clear data,” select “Clear all data” and you’ll be done in a moment’s time.
Clearing All the Data of the Diablo Immortal Game App
Give yourself a pat on the back! It’s recommended to now restart your Android device as well and make sure the changes are applied comprehensively across the board.
Check for Impending Game Updates
First, check if Diablo Immortal needs an update. This is a crucial step when dealing with app issues. Game developers often release updates to fix problems and ensure the game runs smoothly.
- Go to the Google Play Store or the App Store on your mobile device.
- Search for ‘Diablo Immortal’ in the search bar.
- If there’s an update available, you’ll see an ‘Update’ button. Tap it to start the update.
- Wait for the update to download and install.
- Once it’s done, launch Diablo Immortal to see if the issue is resolved.
Updating the game can often solve problems, especially in multiplayer games like Diablo Immortal. If you didn’t have an update or updating didn’t work, move on to the next solution.
Scan and Repair Diablo Immortal on the Battle.net Launcher
We’ll be utilizing one of the many features of the famous Activision Launcher, also known as Battle.net for this next fix. It’s something that plays out quite identically to the Epic Games Launcher or Valve’s Steam although far less popular that the latter at least and home to a multitude of eccentric IPs.
The Battle.net launcher boasts a specific functionality called “Scan and Repair” and it is available for every game that you install, no matter Overwatch or Paladins. Using the specialized functionality, you’ll be able to determine if any missing configuration files were manifesting the “please check your internet connection and tap on OK” issue.
In addition, the Battle.net launcher will cross-check the Diablo Immortal game files stored on your PC with the ones it has stored on one of its dedicated servers. If any hiccups are discovered, the fix will be pushed in line subsequently. The following steps will explain how you can do this exactly for the latest Blizzard Entertainment venture.
- The first step is to launch the Battle.net launcher on your PC. This can be done effortlessly from the Window Search bar by typing in the name of the application.
- After you have Battle.net all fired up, hover over to the “Games” section to find Diablo Immortal. Since the user interface of Activision’s front-running launcher is simple to operate, we double that you’ll find it difficult to get to it.
- When you’ve located the title in the Battle.net launcher, double-click on it to reveal more options. Select “Select and Repair” as shown in the screenshot below to get to the next step. On a side note, you don’t even have to specifically get to the “Games” segment of the launcher at all.
- What you can do is simply access the main game page within the launcher to get yourself the aforementioned option as well. You can then simply click on the “Scan and Repair” option to begin the verification process, similar to how Steam does it with its “Verify integrity of game files” feature.
Scanning and Repairing Diablo Immortal
- As soon as you click on “Scan and Repair,” the procedure of scanning and repairing the game will commence. This shouldn’t take too long, so sit tight until the system gets back to you. After you have been notified that the process was finished, try launching Diablo Immortal.
There’s a strong likelihood of resolving this pertinent issue after going through with the method we’ve outlined for you above, so let’s just hope things work out in your favor. If they don’t, however, don’t lose hope and continue ahead. We’ve still got a bunch of more potential solutions left to go.
Reinstall Diablo Immortal
If you’ve tried everything and Diablo Immortal still isn’t working, there’s one more thing you can do that often works as a last resort: uninstalling and reinstalling the game.
- On your mobile device, find Diablo Immortal and uninstall it. You can do this by going to your device’s settings, finding the app, and selecting ‘Uninstall.’
- For PC users, you can uninstall it like any other software through your computer’s control panel or settings.
- Once it’s uninstalled, go to the Google Play Store or App Store (for mobile) or the Battle.net launcher (for PC).
- Search for ‘Diablo Immortal’ and reinstall the game.
- Wait for the game to download and install completely.
- Launch Diablo Immortal to check if the issue is resolved.
Sometimes, a fresh installation can fix issues that occurred during the initial installation. Diablo Immortal has a large file size, so be prepared for a download, especially on mobile devices. This step has worked for many players, so give it a try if nothing else has worked.
As always, eXputer wishes you good luck!
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍