Are you experiencing random game crashes with an error pop-up box that says “Fatal Error: Dev Error 6068” while playing Call of Duty Warzone? If so, then you are not alone. Many other Call of Duty Warzone players have also been experiencing this error while playing the game or at launch, ever since the release of the game. In this article, we will explain 13 different solutions that have helped a lot of players to fix this problem.
Related: Dev Error 6178
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is a 2019 first-person shooter video game developed by Infinity Ward and published by Activision. The game was praised for its gameplay, campaign (being considered by critics as one of the best in the franchise), multiplayer, graphics, and overall improvements to the Call of Duty formula.
How To Fix Dev Error 6068 in Warzone?
The Dev Error 6068 error could happen due to various issues with the graphics settings, configuration files, outdated Windows, corrupt game files, non-optimal settings, and various other reasons. We have compiled 10 of the best methods that will help you identify the cause of the error and troubleshoot it.
Run Game as Administrator
One of the reasons for the Error appears is due to the program not running with administrator privileges. We recommend running Modern Warfare as an administrator so that the application gets full access to all the game files on your PC. Follow the steps below to Run Modern Warfare as an administrator.
- Right-click the Modern Warfare Application on your desktop and select Properties.
- Head to the Compatibility tab
- Tick-mark the Run this program as an administrator box.
- Click OK.
- Run Modern Warfare to see if the problem is resolved.
Launch Warzone on DirectX 11
Some players were able to fix the Error 6068 by running the game on DirectX 11. You should try this method to see if it works for you too.
- Open your Battle.net client.
- Select Call of Duty: MW in the left panel. Click Options and select Game Settings.
- Select Game Settings on the left. Check the box next to Additional command line arguments. Type -d3d11 in the box and then click on Done.
Launch Warzone to see if the issue is resolved.
If the error persists, see other fixes below.
Update Windows 10
Updating your Windows 10 to the latest version can help you fix any bugs that could be causing performance problems and errors. We recommend you try this method as it could fix the Modern Warfare Dev Error 6068.
- Open the Windows Search Menu by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Type Windows Update in the search box, select the Check for updates option.
- Click on Check for updates, Windows will search and download the latest update.
- After the download is complete, restart your computer to install the update.
Run Modern Warfare to see if the problem is fixed.
Repair Game Files Via Battle.net
Repairing Modern Warfare through Battle.net could replace any of the corrupt game files that could be causing the game to crash. We recommend trying this method before you jump to other solutions as it could easily solve the error.
- First, launch the Blizzard Battle.net launcher.
- Head to the games tab and select Modern Warfare.
- Click on Options, on the left side of Redeem a Code.
- Now select Scan and Repair.
- Wait for verification to complete.
After the scan completes, try running the game to see if the problem is solved.
Turn off Nvidia G-Sync
Some NVIDIA users were able to fix the Error by disabling the G-Sync from the NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Right-click on the desktop and click on NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Click on the plus sign next to “Display” on the left to expand the list and choose Set up G-Sync.
- Uncheck the box next to Enable G-Sync and apply the settings.
- Restart your computer and see if you still encounter the error.
Reset the Clock Speed Settings to Default
The Modern Warfare Dev Error 6068 error is likely occurring due to overclocked GPU, CPU, or other hardware components. If that is the case, you should try setting your components’ frequency or clock speed settings back to their defaults and then start Modern Warfare again to see if the error is resolved. If resetting the clock speeds to default does not fix the problem then try the methods down below.
Set the Priority of Call of Duty’s Process to High
Some users were able to fix the Modern Warfare Dev Error was fixed by simply changing the processor priority from Normal or Low to High in the Task Manager. We recommend that you try this method before jumping to other solutions mentioned below. Follow these steps to change Modern Warfare to High priority in the Task Manager.
- Open the Task Manager by pressing Alt + Control +Delete.
- Now head to the Details Tab.
- Search for Modern Warfare in the list of programs.
- Right-click the program and change the priority to High.
- See if the error still occurs while playing the game.
Deactivate In-game Overlays from Programs
Sometimes overlay features of some programs could be causing the Dev Error 6068. These overlay programs include Nvidia’s Geforce Experience, AMD Overlay, Xbox Game Bar, and many others. We recommend that you disable any Overlay feature that could be running in the background. e.g Here’s how to disable the Nvidia Overlay.
- Launch GeForce Experience.
- Click on the Setting Icon.
- Disable the In-game overlay feature.
- Save the changes and exit the GeForce Experience.
Tweak Graphic Memory Scale
A higher value of the Video Memory Scale in the advanced options configuration file might be causing the Error. Lowering this value could solve the problem.
- Close Call of Duty Modern Warfare and all its related tasks in the Task Manager.
- Now launch the File Explorer.
- Then navigate to the path of your player folder; Usually, this is in:
Documents\Call of Duty Modern Warfare\players
- Now find the file adv_options.ini and open it using notepad.
- Find the line VideoMemoryScale.
- Now change the value of VideoMemoryScale to 0.5.
- Launch Modern Warfare and check if the problem is solved.
Enlarge Pagefile on Windows
Some users were able to troubleshoot Dev Error 6068 by enlarging the pagefile on their Windows. if the Windows Pagefile does not have enough space, it could make games and other softwares crash.
To enlarge the pagefile on Windows, carefully follow all of the steps below.
- Press Windows key+ R, type in sysdm.cpl, and press Enter.
- Press Windows key+ R, type in sysdm.cpl, and press Enter.
- In The System Properties Window, Open The Advanced Tab.
- Click on “Settings” under “Performance”. A new window “Performance Options” will open.
- Click on “Advanced” and then press “Change”. A new window “Virtual Memory” will open.
- Deselect “Automatically manage paging file size for all drives” and select “Custom size” under the drive of your choice.
- Set the initial size for your paging file in MB according to the paging file size for the drive already listed (if applicable), then enter your custom maximum size, which shouldn’t exceed 4 times the size of your RAM for system stability. Don’t forget to click “Set” so that the changes will apply.
- Restart your computer.
Note: Ideally, the size of your paging file should be 1.5 times your physical memory at a minimum and up to 4 times the physical memory at most to ensure system stability. if your PC has 8 GB RAM. You can calculate your minimum paging file size with this equation: 8 GB x 1.5, and your maximum paging file size with this one: 8 GB x 4. The totals would be 12 GB and 32 GB of RAM respectively.
Enable XMP Profile or Replacing RAM
RAM speeds or corrupt Memory Sticks could also be a cause of the Dev Error 6068. If you have an XMP profile in the BIOS of your PC, enable it to unlock the core clocks of your RAM. If doing so did not fix your problem then try replacing the RAM sticks completely and see if it resolves the problem.
Reinstall The Shader Cache
A great way to fix the dev error 6068 in Call of Duty is to reinstall the shader cache. It will have all the temporary shader files that will be responsible for the shadow effects as well as the lights in your game. Since the file is maintained, they do not have to be generated whenever you launch the game. Sometimes the file may get corrupt resulting in an error.
Here’s how you can fix the problem.
- Go to the task manager and kill all of the processes of Call of Duty.
- Now head to the File Explorer and go to the Document section. Look for Call of duty Modern Warfare.
- There will be a folder known as Players that you have to locate. Make sure that your backup the folder. You can do so by copy-pasting the backup folder on your desktop.
- Now delete the Player folder and you are done.
Reinstall the Game
Sometimes Battle.net is unable to identify some corrupt game files during the repairing process. The only way to solve this problem is by completely reinstalling the game. Make sure to not pause the download process as it could damage the game file that is being downloaded, this is a known issue in Blizzard’s Battle.net client.
- Launch Blizzard Battle.net client on your computer.
- Find and click on Call of Duty Modern Warfare from the list on the left.
- Now on the right side, click on the Options drop-down menu and choose Uninstall Game.
- After the game uninstalls, download Modern Warfare again.
- Run the game to see if Dev Error is resolved.
If all of the other solutions did not help you in fixing the error. As a last resort, you should do a clean install of Windows. This will clean up any corrupt registries, corrupt files, and settings that might be causing the Error 6068.
That concludes our Modern Warfare troubleshooting guide. All of these methods were proven to be very effective in fixing the Fatal Error 6068 by a large number of Modern Warfare users. We hope you are also able to successfully troubleshoot this error by following these solutions. If the error still occurs after trying these solutions, contact Battle.net Support and they will help you in identifying the exact cause of the problem after you provide them with all of the necessary information.
Are you experiencing performance issues in Modern Warfare and want to know the best settings for high frame rate and maximum performance? Then check out our guide on How To Get High FPS In Call of Duty: Warzone.
Good job! Please give your positive feedback ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍