NBA 2K23 has finally been released. It is the brand new title of the long-running NBA 2k franchise that was started back in 1999. The game promises to have the most authentic experience in proving yourself to the best players in the world and showcasing your talents through your own character. Unfortunately, some players are not able to fully enjoy this one-of-a-kind experience due to the error code c3854bcc; therefore, we have prepared this guide to inform you of how to fix this error in NBA 2K23.
The NBA 2K franchise is most loved by sports fans who also play titles such as Fifa and WWE. All of these franchises have seen huge success in the industry, with most titles selling like hotcakes whenever they are released. Now without further delay, let us get into how to fix the error code c3854bcc.
- The player can come across the Error Code c3854bcc in NBA 2k23 due to network connection issues and all the awards earned by the players might also get lost.
- The simplest way to eliminate the error is Restoring Licenses on the Playstation which works for every other player.
- Restarting your Playstation by holding the PS button on their controllers can fix the error as well.
- For those who are experiencing this error on their PCs, try to shift to smart laptops. If not then Verifying the File Integrity can help you.
- Change your basic Wifi router with another device that contains no extra data in it. This can increase your overall network speed.
- If none of the methods seems to be working for you, we recommend you at least submit a ticket to 2k support. The time 2k will see lots of requests related to this issue, he’ll solve the error.
What Is Error Code c3854bcc
Some players have reported getting the error code c3856bcc while playing the game. This error can be triggered on multiple occasions; one of these occasions is when you have a network connection issue. After the error occurs, all the awards earned by the player are lost. Some players have even reported the loss of progress or their progress not being recorded.
2K themselves have commented on the issue, saying that it is an unidentified error, and it is only natural to believe that they are working to fix the issue. However, as long as we do not have an official fix, players still need ways to deal with this error, so here we will write all the fixes available to tackle the issue.
How To Fix Error Code c3854bcc
Here are all the methods that players can use to fix this error in the game. There is a good chance that these methods will fix the issue for you, but it is not a guarantee. Most of the players getting this error have reported facing it specifically on the PS4 so let us start off our guide by first covering the error fix that will work on the PS4.
Restore Licences On The PlayStation
The simplest error code c3854bcc fix on the Playstation 4 would be to restore your licenses simply, and thankfully, the method to do it is incredibly straightforward. Players just need to follow these steps written below.
- The first thing to do would be to go into the “Settings.”
- Head into “Users and Accounts”
- Scroll through the different settings until you find “Others.”
- Go into “Others” and then select “Restore Licences.”
This should fix the error code for most players playing on the Playstation 4. If you are one of the unfortunate ones who are still facing this error, then worry not because there are still a few more fixes available.
Restart Your PlayStation
It is time for one of the oldest tricks in the book. Before we move on to a complex fix, it is recommended that we try out the simpler ones first. Restarting your PlayStation is incredibly simple to do as all it takes is to navigate through the Power Options and select “Restart”.
PlayStation users can also restart their console by holding the PS button on their controller and navigating the Power Options through there. Or simply just press the power button to turn off the PlayStation and start it again manually.
There is also the option of Power Cycling, which is again incredibly simple to do. You have to follow these steps.
- Completely turn off your console.
- Detach the cords connected to the console to remove any excess electricity.
- Once that is done, wait a couple of minutes.
- Now reconnect the cables.
- Start the system, and your NBA 2K23 issue will most likely be resolved.
Verify File Integrity
This method is for the players who are experiencing this issue on PC. It is no surprise that sometimes a few files can get corrupted or end up being deleted on a PC which can also be the likely cause of this error code.
Thankfully, steam has made it remarkably easy for players to check and verify their game files so replacement files can be downloaded if a certain file is corrupted or missing. Players just need to follow these steps.
- Launch the Steam Client
- Open your Library and select NBA 2K23
- Right Click on the game and select “Properties.”
- Go into “Local Files” and click on “Verify Integrity of game files.”
Steam will automatically start verifying the game files and will download replacement files if it finds any missing or corrupted files.
Change Your WiFi Router DNS
Now it is time for one of the complex methods. This method is an error code c3854bcc fix for every platform, not just Playstation. People change DNS for multiple reasons, from setting parental controls to getting a speed increase so you can rest easy knowing that you won’t break your internet in the process.
By default, your router will have the DNS of your Internet Service Provider. If you change the DNS of the router, then every single device connected to the network will be using the brand new DNS server. We would only recommend using this method as a last resort.
Now the proper method to change the DNS would be to access your router web interface; the process may vary depending on the router, so be sure to have your manual of your specific model. The manual will explain to you in detail how to access the router web interface, and it will also tell you the username and password of your model.
Once you are in the web interface, you will find DNS options on one of the pages. There is a good chance that you will find these options in either the LAN settings or DHCP server settings. If you are unable to find these options, then we would recommend rereading the manual. It should have the following steps to access these settings. Once you have found these options, then you can go ahead and set a custom DNS.
Submit A Ticket
If none of these methods seem to be working for you, then the only thing left to do is to submit a ticket to 2K support. There is a good chance that once 2K realizes that a great number of people are facing this issue, then they may fix it more efficiently. Here is the link to the official 2K support website. The method to submit a ticket is straightforward; you just need to follow these steps.
- Log into your account on the NBA 2K website to submit your ticket
- Once you are logged in, you can submit your ticket by either pressing the “Submit a Request” at the top of the page, or you can submit a ticket from specific game pages.
- Once you are on the Ticket Submission page, click on the “Chat” button in the lower right corner.
- You will be presented with a form. Submit it once you have filled it.
- A new chat window will open up where you can discuss the error code c3854bcc with a 2K representative.
That wraps up our guide on how to fix the error code c3854bcc. In this guide, we have covered all the fixes currently known to tackle this error code. What makes the error code c3854bcc so frustrating is that players have reported losing their progress and rewards after completing different matches in the game.
We hope our guide helped you; NBA 2K23 is the latest basketball title developed by 2K that promises to have the most authentic and realistic genre experience to this day. The game is available now on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S/X, Nintendo Switch, and PC through Steam.
Next: NBA 2K23 Companion App Not Working
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍