Paladins stands out among free-to-play FPS games, offering fast-paced action blended with magical elements and a manageable learning curve, making it appealing to newcomers. Yet, the experience can be halted by the Paladin’s invalid game executable error, which prohibits launching the game entirely. This issue often arises due to restrictions set by firewalls or Windows, corrupted game files, or conflicts with third-party antivirus software installed on your computer.
Resolve the Device’s Socket Errors
To use the Winsock Reset feature, you’ll have to follow the steps listed below.
- Use the Windows Start menu to find Command Prompt and run as administrator.
2. In the Command Prompt, type the following command and press “Enter”:
netsh winsock reset catalog
3. After the first command completes, run the second command to reset any socket errors:
ip reset resetlog.txt
The Command Prompt will prompt you to restart your computer to apply the changes. Do not restart yet.
When the PC boots back on, launch Paladins to see if it is working now. If it isn’t, keep on reading for more steps to try and further fixes to incorporate.
Disable Your Antivirus
Disabling your antivirus can be a potential fix for the Paladins Invalid Game Executable Error. This involves temporarily turning off your antivirus software, such as Norton Antivirus or similar programs, to check if it resolves the issue of launching the game. However, remember to enable the antivirus after testing the game, as keeping it disabled for extended periods can pose security risks to your system.
That’s all about disabling your Windows 10 antivirus. There’s a strong likelihood of fixing the
Paladins invalid game executable win64 issue now, so go ahead and fire the game up to lay rest to the suspicion.
- Similar Read: Skyrim SE Won’t Launch
Verify Game Files Integrity on Steam
Verifying the game files’ integrity through Steam for Paladins aims to tackle the Invalid Game Executable Error by scanning the game’s installed files. This process checks for discrepancies or missing components within the game’s data.
If any corrupted or incomplete files are detected, Steam replaces or repairs them with fresh, accurate copies from its servers. By ensuring that all game files are complete and uncorrupted, this method aims to eliminate issues that might hinder the proper execution of Paladins, resolving the error that prevents the game from launching correctly.
Launch Paladins in Windows 7 Compatibility Mode
- Open the Steam client > locate the Paladins game icon.
- Right-click on Paladins > select “Properties.”
3. In the properties window > go to the “Local Files” section.
4. Click “Browse Local Files” to access the game files stored on your system.
5. Look for the Paladins executable application in the “ChaosGame” folder.
6. Right-click on the Paladins executable > select “Properties.”
7. In the properties window > click on the “Compatibility” tab.
8. Check the box next to “Run this program in compatibility mode.”
9. Select “Windows 7” from the drop-down menu.
10. Run as Administrator
The Paladins Invalid Game Executable Error has affected numerous players, preventing the game from launching.
Fixes range from resetting socket errors to verifying game files on Steam and running the game in Windows 7 compatibility mode.
However, their effectiveness varies, with mixed responses from the community. While some found success, others continued facing the error. The issue isn’t specific to platforms or regions. Official responses lack concrete solutions, leaving room for more comprehensive fixes.
- Ever wondered which ones are the best and worst characters in Paladins? Check out our specialized Paladins Tier List to find out.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍