Redfall, at its core, is an open-world co-op game designed to be played both solo and with friends from the developers Arkane Studios. However, players are experiencing trouble connecting to online matches, receiving invites, and joining co-op matches. Although the game is filled with glitches and bugs, Redfall multiplayer not working issue is quite major and needs to be resolved quickly. Let’s explore some solutions that will help you overcome this problem and prevent you from becoming a nocturnal creature with frustration.
- Redfall features a great open world and co-op mechanics, but it also features a lot of bugs and errors for you to experience. Redfall multiplayer not working is one of those errors.
- This is happening for two reasons; either the game’s fault or your Windows PC is preventing the game’s connection to servers.
- Here are all the ways to fix Redfall Multiplayer Not Working:
- Your & Your Friend Should Start A Solo Match
- Create A Bethesda Account
- Check Your Internet Connection
- Allow Redfall Internet Access In Windows Firewall
- If nothing else works for you, you can always try either reinstalling the game or contacting Bethesda support.
Your & Your Friend Should Start A Solo Match
Now one of the most popular fixes to this multiplayer problem is that you should host a game solo and start playing it. Your friend should do the game and start a solo match. Play around for an hour at least. Try killing a few enemies and looting stuff until you both reach the point where you’ll unlock your base.
This is where you’ll be free to join and invite other people into your games. I don’t understand why this problem is there on launch. Still, I guess the developers forgot to notify players properly that the multiplayer will only be unlocked once you complete this tutorial phase of the game.
Anyways, this solution will definitely fix this multiplayer issue for you. If it didn’t work, try the next one.
Create A Bethesda Account
If you’re trying to play Redfall on your PC through an Xbox game pass and can’t access the multiplayer, here’s what you got to do:
- Visit the official Bethesda website and click on the login/Sign Up button in the top-right corner.
- Once you open up the login screen, click on the Sign-Up button to start the registration process.
- After creating your Bethesda account, launch Redfall and wait until you see the main menu.
- From the main menu, click on the settings (Gear-Icon) section on the top-right.
- In the settings section, click on the Bethesda.Net option.
- A window will pop up where you have to click on the link under Manage or Unlink Account.
- Once you do this, you’ll be greeted with the Bethesda website again. Here, you need to click on Account Management.
- After accessing account management, all your need to do is unlink your current account and link your newly created Bethesda account under games.
Now all you need to do is shut down, relaunch Redfall and add your friends via your Bethesda account. Now you can play the game in co-op with your friends without any problems.
Check Your Internet Connection
After performing the fixes above, if you still experience Redfall multiplayer not working issue, the culprit behind this problem might be your internet connection. Now you might be experiencing problems like Arknet connection loss which is preventing you from playing the game. There are two reasons behind this problem. One is either your internet connection isn’t working properly. The other is that your Windows Firewall is limiting or restoration Refall’s connection to the internet.
To solve your internet problem, here’s what you need to do:
- First, disconnect the internet from your gaming hardware.
- Now, unplug your router/modem from the wall power and wait at least 5 minutes before plugging back in.
- Once you’re done waiting, plug back in your internet device and wait for it to boot properly.
- As the booting is complete, connect a wire from your internet device to your PC or console because a wired connection is much more reliable and fast.
- Now try booting up Redfall again.
Check if the multiplayer is working from the main menu. If it’s working, then great, have fun with your friends. If it isn’t, your Windows Firewall might be the culprit.
Allow Redfall Internet Access In Windows Firewall
This fix is relatively simple and will ensure that Redfall connection to the internet is not interrupted in any case. Windows Firewall has a tendency to block games from the internet if they’re either in early access or newly launched. Here’s what you need to do:
- First, type “Allow Firewall” in Windows Search and click on the first result that pops up.
- Once inside the Windows Firewall settings, you need to click on the “Change Settings” button to unlock the settings for the list of programs below.
- Now locate Redfall in this list of programs. If you can’t find it, manually add it by clicking on “Allow Another App,” going to Redfall’s install directory, and adding its main executable file here.
- Once Redfall is located here, checkmark both Public and Private internet access options, then close up Firewall settings.
Now try launching Redfall again, and you’ll have fixed the multiplayer not working issue. If you’re still having trouble, you can always directly contact Bethesda support.
Did You Fix The Multiplayer Issue?
After a ton of searching and testing, we’ve come up with the solutions presented above. Although Redfall is released in a pretty miserable state, I am still holding out hope that the developers will fix its issues quickly and at least put the game in a presentable condition. That’s my love for the Dishonored series speaking here, folks. So I’m holding out hope for this. Best of luck to all the Van Helsing out there. Hope you have a blast defeating vampires without any hitches.
Even though Redfall, at its core, is a game to be played with your friends in co-op mode, you can still play solo. However, your PC or console must always be connected to the internet.
There is one host of a game that everyone joins. Only the story progress of the host continues, and the rest get to play with him through it.
You can play Redfall co-op with up to 4 players in total.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍