You may encounter some errors while playing the game such as Star Citizen Error Code 19004. This prevents the player from logging in and enjoying the game. This error is well-known in Star Citizen v3.18. The error mostly occurs when the game client is unable to connect to the server. However, its mostly network related and can be fixed by applying simple fixes.
To Fix Star Citizen 19004 error:
- Ensure you have enough free storage in the disk where you have installed your star citizen.
- Make sure the problem is not from your side by visiting star citizen’s service status page or down detector.
- Make sure that you have a stable internet connection. A wired connection is better than a wireless one.
- Make sure Star Citizen has access through the Firewall.
- Changing the DNS server to Google or Cloudflare can help in most cases.
- Resetting the RSI Launcher is one of the most effective solutions.
- Disabling the VPN or proxy can also help resolve some network-related issues.
- Running the internet troubleshooter can help fix major connection issues.
- Deleting Star Citizen’s local profile data can be very helpful.
- Outdated network drivers can be a possible cause of this issue.
- Make sure your windows are updated to the latest patch.
- Verifying and repairing Star Citizen game files from the RSI Launcher.
- A clean reinstall of the game can be very helpful in fixing this issue.
How To Fix Star Citizen Error Code 19004
We’ve listed some of the most effective fixes that can help you fix this error.
Firewall Access is most important as the game will need internet access to access the servers for online play. Make sure that Star Citizen has access through the firewall. The steps below will allow access to star citizen through the firewall:
- Select the Start Menu, type Allow an app through Windows Firewall, and select it from the list of results.
- Select Change Settings. You might be asked for an Administrator Password or to confirm your choice.
- Select the check box next to the app, or select Allow Another App and enter the path for Star Citizen.
Disable VPN or Proxy
A VPN or Proxy can be the cause of this error as well. As they change the network setting and alter the IP of the user that can cause some problems for Star Citizen. Follow the following steps to disable VPN or Proxy:
- Press WINDOWS+I on the keyboard to open Settings.
- Select Network and Internet Settings and select Proxy.
- Turn off Automatically Detect and delete any proxy profiles that are present.
- Now restart your PC.
Change DNS Server
A DNS server is one of the components that can increase your overall network speed and stability. Google DNS is the most used DNS that provides secure and optimal stability. Cloudflare is one of the fastest and most secure DNS servers that provide a secure and stable internet connection. Follow the following steps to change the DNS server as it plays a vital role in the stability of our connection:
- Open Settings and go to the Network and Internet.
- Under Advanced Network Settings select Change Adapter Options.
- Right-click on the connection for which you want to change DNS and select Properties.
- In the NETWORKING tab select internet protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click Properties.
- Select the option “use the following DNS server addresses” and enter one of these DNS addresses.
188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, and press the Ok button.
Run Network Troubleshooter
Internet or Network Troubleshooter is a utility in widows that automatically detects and repairs any corrupt or distorted settings or files related to the network and internet connection of your PC. Follow these simple steps below to launch the network troubleshooter.
- Open Settings by pressing Windows+I or from Start Menu.
- Select Network and Internet.
- In the Status tab, select network troubleshooter under Advanced Network Settings.
- Follow the on-screen instructions accordingly.
RSI Launcher Reset
Resetting the RSI Launcher is one of the most effective solutions to fix star citizen error 19004. It can help fix bugs or crashes that a user may be facing while playing the game. Some simple steps to reset the RSI launcher have been stated down below.
- Open the Launcher and press CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+R and press ok.
- Log in with your RSI account.
- Choose 1 day under the “trust this device for” section while authenticating.
- Launch the game to see if it works.
Delete Local Profile Data
Local profile data contains all the user profile data. Deleting the local data of Star Citizen can also solve this error. However, you can lose your game progress if you do something wrong. So make a backup of the files first before you follow these steps:
- Press WINDOWS+R to open RUN.
- In Run type “%LOCALAPPDATA%” and click ok.
- Then go to the Star Citizen folder.
- Back up and delete all the files in it.
- Restart the game and see if the error has been fixed or not.
Updating Windows To The Latest Version
Windows updates include many new features, performance improvements, and driver updates. These updates can improve the functionality, and overall user experience of your PC and fix some major issues with windows, security, or internet connection. By following the steps below you can update your windows to the latest patch.
- Open the Windows Settings app by pressing Windows+I or from Start Menu.
- Click on Update & Security.
- In the Windows Update tab click Check for Updates.
- If any updates are available, click on Download and Install.
Updating Network Drivers
Outdated network drivers can cause a variety of problems with your PC’s internet connectivity, including unstable connection, slow speed, or complete disconnection. This can be extremely frustrating when it causes problems like Star Citizen Error 19000 and 19004. You can improve your PC’s performance, avoid connectivity issues, and ensure a smooth and stable gameplay experience, By updating your network drivers regularly. Below are some simple steps that can help you keep your network drivers up to date.
- Right-click on This PC and click properties.
- On the left side click device manager to open the Device Manager.
- In the device manager expand Network Adapters.
- Right-click your Network Adapter and click Update Driver.
- Now select Search Automatically for Drivers.
- The window will Automatically detect, download and install the latest version of drivers.
Reinstalling the Game
Reinstalling the game can be very effective as it will all and every file related to Star Citizen and reinstall the base files that are essential for the game. In this way, any corrupted files or network settings will be completely reset to default which will most likely allow the game to run normally. Below are some steps to reinstall Star Citizen.
- Uninstall Star Citizen by using the uninstaller.
- Download the latest version of the game from the official website.
- Install the game and try launching it again.
Did you resolve the error and now want to boost Star CItizen’s performance on your PC? Go through our best Windows Optimization guide to learn more ways to play your games smoothly.
Frequently Asked Questions
If none of the possible solutions work you should for a permanent fix from the official developers of Star Citizen.
This error is mostly network related. A slow connection or server unavailability can also be the cause of this error.
Unfortunately, you can not play the game unless the error has been fixed.
Having issues with other games you play? Check out more error guides on eXputer to continue gaming problem-free.
Other Star Citizen error guides covered in eXputer:
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍