As with any game, Destiny 2 is not immune to errors and bugs. We will explain how to fix the Destiny 2 Vex Input Error. It is a simple error that pops up when players attempt to play the Headlong mission. Although it is one of the most frustrating errors for players, our guide explains a few troubleshooting steps to help fix it.
This error can be frustrating for players and can cause disruption. Our comprehensive Destiny 2 error guide will provide you in detail steps to resolve these issues.
Disable UPnP On Your Router
You can fix the Vex Input error by disabling UPnP on your router. UPnP is a feature on many routers that allows devices on your network to discover and connect without any manual configuration automatically. However, in some cases, UPnP can cause conflicts with Destiny 2’s networking system, resulting in this error. Disabling UPnP can prevent these conflicts from occurring.
Steps To Disable UPuP:
- Log in to your router’s settings (Enter the login information and IP address)
- Disable UPnP under the “Advanced” or “Security” settings menu.
- Disable UPnP by turning it off.
- Save your changes and exit the router’s settings.
- Restart your console or PC.
- Launch Destiny 2 to see if the error has been resolved.
Check Your Internet Connection
The first thing to do when you encounter an error is to check your internet connectivity. The Internet connection can play a key role in your gameplay. It should be the first thing that pops up in your mind when you encounter any sort of error within the game. Consider troubleshooting your router by resetting it or checking for any firmware updates. It may also be helpful to connect directly to your modem rather than using Wi-Fi to improve your connection.
Verify Game Files
Steps To Verify the Integrity Of Files:
- Open “Steam”
- Navigate to your “Game Library”
- Select “Properties”
- Click on the “Local Files tab.”
- Click on “Verify Integrity of Game Files”
- Wait for the process to complete and launch the game to see if the error still pops up.
Power Cycle Your Router
You can power cycle your Internet router to help fix the error. A power cycle means completely shutting down and restarting your router or modem. This process usually helps clear out any unnecessary files or data that may be causing the Vex error.
Steps to Power Cycle Internet Router:
- Press the power button on the back of your router to turn it off.
- Remove the power cables from the internet router and outlet.
- Give it a 2–3-minute rest.
- Plug the power cables back into the router and outlet.
- Turn on your Internet Router.
- Launch the game to see if the error persists.
Restart The Game or PC
Before moving on to the other solutions below, it is advised to restart your PC at least once. Some files may have been incorrectly loaded on the game hence continuing the game is always a good idea to fix the error. Restarting your console or PC can help stabilize your connection to the Destiny 2 servers. Sometimes, restarting your device or the game can fix many issues you might face while playing Destiny 2.
Check For Updates
Checking for updates is a vital troubleshooting step to help resolve the Vex Input Error in Destiny 2. When Destiny 2 or the console or PC you are playing on is not up to date, it can cause connectivity issues that may result in errors or other problems. Updating your game or console might directly fix your error. You may also face Destiny 2 error code Cat which also stems from an un-updated game.
- On consoles like PlayStation and Xbox, navigate to “Settings”
- Select “System.”
- Select “System Software Update” or “Console Info” to check for updates.
- For PC, open your game launcher and check for updates there.
- If any updates are available, follow the prompts to download and install them.
- Reset the console after the installation.
- Try relaunching Destiny 2 to see if the error persists.
Note that all updates may be automatically downloaded and installed, so it’s essential to regularly check for updates to ensure that your console, PC, and games are up to date. Additionally, keeping your console or PC up to date with the latest software updates can help improve its performance and stability, making it less likely that you will encounter connectivity issues.
Destiny 2 may also have updates that need to be downloaded and installed. These updates may include bug fixes and performance improvements that can help resolve issues. To check for Destiny 2 updates, navigate to the game’s main menu and look for a “Check for Updates” option. If updates are available, follow the prompts to download and install them.
Clear The Cache
Clearing the cache is another troubleshooting step to help resolve this error in Destiny 2. The cache is a temporary storage area on your console or PC that stores frequently accessed data to improve performance. However, over time, the cache can become corrupted or outdated, which can cause connectivity issues and other problems. The most brilliant option, in this case, is to clear out your cache regularly.
Steps To Clear Cache:
- For consoles such as PlayStation and Xbox, shut down the console entirely and unplug it from the power source.
- Please wait 30 seconds before plugging it back in and restarting the console.
- For PC, you can clear the cache by clearing your web browser’s cache or using third-party software.
- Launch Destiny 2 and check if the error has been resolved.
Clearing a cache can improve performance and resolve connectivity issues in Destiny 2 and other games. Clear the cache regularly to ensure it’s not outdated or corrupted. If the error persists, you may need to contact Bungie support.
Contact Bungie Support
If this issue is persisting in Destiny 2 even after trying the above troubleshooting steps, it may be necessary to contact Bungie support for further assistance. Bungie is the developer of Destiny 2 and has a dedicated support team that can assist players with technical issues and other problems, their team will always be there to support you around the clock.
Steps to Contact Bungie Support:
- To contact Bungie Support, visit their website and submit a support ticket. Provide them with basic information about yourself, the error messages you’re encountering, methods you’ve already tried, and the platform you’re playing on. This information will help them evaluate your issues and provide you with assistance accordingly.
- Bungie has an online community forum where players can come together to discuss their concerns. The community forum brings together players from around the world who are experiencing similar issues as you.
- Please follow the given instructions in this article and over the official Bungie platform for a better experience. The team of experts may occasionally ask for additional information so make sure you’re as detailed and accurate as possible. This will facilitate the team in devising a more structured solution for you.
The Vex Input Error in Destiny 2 is a very common error that can be caused by various connectivity issues and appears during headlong missions. This can prevent you from playing the game and even crash Destiny 2 on the desktop in some cases. If you encounter this error message, try troubleshooting your network connection, restarting the game, checking for updates, clearing the cache, and contacting Bungie Support if necessary. Fortunately, following these steps can increase your chances of resolving the issue and getting back to playing Destiny 2 without interruption and improve your gameplay.
It is usually caused by a weak internet connection.
Yes, reinstalling Destiny 2 might fix the error by clearing unnecessary files and data.
If you are continuously facing this error then you can try to contact the Bungie support team, they may be able to help you to find a solution.
Having a problem with any other games? Check out other error guides that we’ve covered in eXputer!
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍