Kagetsu is a cheerful and bright individual who gets along with others and cares for his friends. He serves as Princess Ivy’s retainer and is a loyal soldier at the capital of Elusia. However, he has a noticeable foreign accent. That could be due to his upbringing being in Deeprealm rather than Elusia.
Within battle, Kagetsu is not afraid to give everything he has. He doesn’t hesitate to use his secret sword training to rip apart anyone that gets in his way. Outside battle, Kagetsu appears to be handsome and likes to speak freely.
First, let’s quickly checkout some basic information regarding Kagetsu:
How To Recruit Kagetsu?If you simply keep playing along the main story, you’ll eventually recruit Kagetsu around halfway into the storyline. But to be more specific, your first encounter with Kagetsu will be in Chapter 8: Kingdom of Might. However, you won’t get a chance to recruit him till Chapter 11: Retreat.
Kagetsu can be recruited in the main battle of the chapter. As the battle goes on, he’ll eventually join you in the second half of the chapter battle. He won’t be alone, as Ivy and Zelkov will also join your unit.
Best ClassIn a combat situation for Kagetsu, you have two viable class options to consider:
- Swordmaster (Base Class): Kagetsu benefits from his secret sword training in Deeprealm, excelling in critical hits and dealing high damage with the “Run Through” skill.
- Paladin: An alternative class for Kagetsu, Paladins emphasize movement and are strong against magic users. Requires A-rank proficiency with a Lance. Complements Kagetsu’s high Dexterity, boosting damage output and battlefield mobility
Each character gets starting stats which are usually aligned with what their starting class is. As Kagetsu is a Swordmaster, it isn’t surprising that his Speed and Dexterity are quite high. Additionally, he has a good amount of Luck and Health, allowing him to last far longer than many others in battle. Here are the starting stats for Kagetsu.
Besides just the starting stats, another type of stat that is worth considering is the growth rate of each stat. That can determine how quickly each of your stats will level up compared to the other stats. This can also usually determine which stat is a character’s specialty. For Kagetsu, Speed, Dexterity, and Health are clearly above his other stats. But Defense and Luck closely follow behind these stats. Regardless, here is the growth rate for each of Kagetsu’s stats.
Weapons And SkillsEach character in Fire Emblem Engage can get different weapons based on which Emblem they decide to Engage with. Not only does that give you more weapons to use, but it also adds different skills to your arsenal. Despite that, each character comes with their own starting skills and weapon.
- Weapon: Sword
- Personal Skill: Kagetsu’s skill is Blinding Flash which lets you inflict -10 Avo on an enemy during combat if the unit initiates combat.
Considering Kagetsu is a Swordmaster, it makes sense that his starting weapon is a sword. His Starting Battle Style is Backup which works well with his high Dexterity stats.
Best EmblemsKagetsu can benefit from several emblems, each offering unique skills and advantages. Here are some suitable emblems for Kagetsu:
Marth (Emblem of Beginnings):
- Divine Speed Engage skill
- Lodestar Rush Engage Attack
- Provides a Rapier as an Engage Weapon
- Bonding up to Level 1 grants Perceptive skill, giving Kagetsu Avo+15 during combat initiation with a high Speed stat.
Lyn (Emblem of Blazing):
- Call Doubles Engage Skill
- Astra Storm Engage Attack
- Provides a Killer Bow weapon
- Bond Level 5 grants Speedtaker skill, allowing Kagetsu to gain +2 Speed stack per combat initiation and defeating an enemy, maxing at 10 stacks.
- At Bond Level 18, Kagetsu can access Alacrity++, attacking before an enemy counterattack with a speed advantage of 5 or more, combining well with Speedtaker stacks
These emblems provide Kagetsu with valuable skills and abilities that enhance his combat effectiveness, especially when he has a high Speed stat. Consider your preferred playstyle and strategy when selecting the most suitable emblem for Kagetsu.
You can offer gifts to different characters to increase their support level. However, there are certain gifts that a character might like or dislike, depending on their personality. If you intend to increase your support level, it is important that you offer the character a gift that they’ll like. Here are Kagetsu’s gift preferences.
There are two different voice actors for Kagetsu, one for the Japanese version and the other for the English version. Here are his voice actors:
|English Voice Actor
|Japanese Voice Actor
With that, you know everything about Kagetsu. He is a handsome yet fierce fighter with amazing sword techniques. He is quite different from his allies due to being raised in a land far away. Despite that, he is an exceptional fighter who proves himself worthy in battle!
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍