In Fire Emblem Engage, there are three difficulties from which you can select, and they range from Normal, Hard, and Maddening. However, if you are a veteran of the game series, then you know that you should fear the word Maddening in such titles. This is because the Maddening difficulty setting is way more difficult than you think. The difficulty jump from Hard to Maddening is actually astounding. Some gamers like to translate these difficulties as Very Easy, Easy, and Super Hard.
The Maddening Difficulty In Fire Emblem EngageMaddening difficulty is significantly more challenging due to several key changes:
- Increased Enemy Numbers: There are many more enemies on the battlefield, requiring you to deal with larger enemy forces.
- Enhanced Enemy Stats: The enemies have boosted statistics, making them tougher to defeat and capable of dealing more damage.
- No Mid-Battle Saves: You are not allowed to save your progress during a battle, increasing the stakes and making each move critical.
- Automatic Tutorial Skipping: Some of the game tutorials are skipped automatically, assuming you are familiar with the basics.
- Enemy Skills: Enemies possess skills that they will use against you, adding another layer of challenge.
- Limited Rewinds: You have a very limited number of rewinds during a battle, even fewer than in Hard difficulty.
To make the game even more challenging, you can switch from Casual mode to Classic Permadeath. In Classic Permadeath, if your units die during a battle, they won’t be available for the rest of the game, forcing you to replace them with new units. This intensifies the consequences of each battle and decision you make.
Comparing Madenning With Normal And Hard DifficultyNow compared to the normal and hard difficulty, maddening is a big leap up as several changes have been implemented, as we mentioned above. However, just to get a rough idea, we would like to inform you that the number of enemies is decided by the difficulty, just like the stats of the enemies.
Other factors, like rewinds during a battle, also vary according to the difficulty. However, the difference between Maddening and Hard is more than the difference between Hard and Normal difficulty. Furthermore, other factors affect the Maddening difficulty that just is not implemented on the Hard or Normal difficulty.
However, if you are still interested in finding out more about the Maddening difficulty and want to decide which difficulty you should choose, then check out the thoughts of the gamers on this Reddit Page. While you are at it, we recommend that you should know about the Tarot Cards as well as about Order Of Heroes.
And with that, we bring our Maddening guide to an end where we explain to you all the features of the Maddening difficulty, which makes it a challenge for you. However, if you believe that there was more to it, then please do let us know through the comment section down below.
- Fire Emblem Engage Etie
- Fire Emblem Engage Voice Actors
- Fire Emblem Engage Alear
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍