There are a lot of story maps in Fire Emblem Engage, like the skirmishes and Training Maps, that will allow the players to level up their units by earning a lot of XP. Skirmishes are optional maps that will allow players to train not only their units but also to get a lot of rewards. If the players are struggling with a particular challenge and finding it hard to complete then they can always practice in skirmishes.
What Are Skirmishes
When you are progressing through the main story in Fire Emblem Engage, you will notice that sometimes there will be optional battles that pop up on your World Map.They are called Skirmishes, and they are very much like the Divine Paralogues. Skirmishes are a great way to farm some rewards and level up your unit. Participation in these optional battles is not necessary. However, we do recommend taking on some skirmish challenges at the beginning of the game to level up your unit.
How Do Skirmishes Work
Skirmishes in the game become accessible after completing Chapter 6. They randomly spawn in areas you’ve visited on the world map. When you head to a skirmish location, you’ll encounter enemies like corrupted or bandits, offering unit training opportunities.
- Higher donation levels mean facing more and stronger enemies, which leads to better rewards.
- Donating increases the donation level, allowing you to farm more gold and silver corrupted enemies.
- Skirmishes marked on the map with specific icons indicate regions where you can gather specific resources.
- The skirmish icon represents the type of enemy you’ll face, such as a Griffin for a Griffin knight.
Training maps work similarly to skirmishes and are accessible from cleared Castle Maps in the main story. Every participating unit gains an XP boost, making them useful for quickly strengthening your party without affecting main story progress.
Types Of Skirmishes
there are three different types of skirmishes, each with its own set of rewards and challenges:
- These are the most common skirmishes with no special rewards or modifications.
- Rewards typically include ingredients, SP, materials, gold, and other standard items.
- Enemies in these skirmishes are relatively easy to defeat.
- You can gather Bond Fragments, which are valuable for future battles.
Silver Corrupted Skirmishes:
- These skirmishes are less common and feature Silver Corrupted Enemies.
- You can earn a substantial amount of XP and SP points in these skirmishes.
- It’s a good idea to use these skirmishes to level up your desired units.
Gold Corrupted Skirmishes:
- Gold Corrupted Skirmishes are rare but provide lucrative rewards.
- Enemies in these skirmishes drop a significant amount of XP and money.
- Even if your units are defeated, you still receive rewards.
- You can obtain a substantial amount of money and 3000 XP points, along with a 50 XP bonus for each participating unit.
How To Improve Skirmishes
To boost your skirmishes in the game, raise the Donation Level in each region. Visit the Cafe Terrace bulletin board and access Nation Donations. You can also refresh the available skirmishes on the world map for better options. Start with a 5,000 donation and later increase it to 50,000 to upgrade skirmishes.
Increasing the donation level enhances enemy strength and rewards. It also increases your chances of encountering silver and gold-corrupted skirmishes on the map.
How To Increase The Donation Level
To raise your Donation Level and improve skirmish opportunities:
- Go to Somniel and head to the Cafe Terrace.
- Interact with the Bulletin Board there.
- Choose a country to donate to, but remember, you can only donate to countries where you’ve battled.
- Select the donation amount, with higher amounts increasing the chance of rare skirmishes.
- Donation options include 5,000, 10,000, 25,000, and 50,000.
- Confirm your choice to raise your Donation Level.
Donations yield rewards and enhance your chances of finding gold and silver-corrupted skirmishes on the map. Focus on late-game regions like Elusia and Solm for better rewards.
How To Reroll Skirmishes
To reroll skirmishes for better options:
- Access System Settings on your home screen.
- Scroll down and select “System.”
- Continue scrolling until you find “Date And Time.”
- Disable “Synchronize Clock Via Internet.”
- Open Date And Time settings and set the time one hour ahead of your actual time.
- Return to the game, and new skirmishes will appear.
If you’re not satisfied with the new skirmishes, repeat the process until you get the rare ones you want.
Many players have spotted an issue that skirmishes are not available in the maddening difficulty. Therefore, if you are one of the players who have selected the maddening difficulty, you won’t be able to farm skirmishes. However, there are some users on Reddit who have claimed that skirmishes can spawn on your world map by following some simple steps.
According to the users, you will need to pay Brodie some amount of money to access these skirmishes. It is not actually a bug or an error, but the developers have simply not decided to put skirmishes in maddening difficulty in order to balance the game. If the players wish to clear skirmishes, then they can choose a different difficulty level.
With this, we conclude our detailed guide on skirmishes in Fire Emblem Engage and how they work. While you are at it, don’t forget to check out our detailed guide on how to recruit characters in the game and a detailed guide on Edelgard. We have also curated an extensive guide on characters like Jean and Celine.
Do check out our guide on all online features of Fire Emblem Engage to see what the game has in store for you. Before leaving our page, do check out our beginner’s guide and ultimate gifts guide for the game to see what gifts are best for each character.
- Fire Emblem Engage Emulation Guide
- Fire Emblem Engage: Emblem Sigurd
- Fire Emblem Engage: Merrin
- Fire Emblem Engage: How To Defeat Lumera
- Best Characters in Fire Emblem Engage
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍