Curious Flayn is Seteth’s younger sister in Fire Emblem Three Houses. She is her only family, and they live in a monastery. Flayn moved to live in Garreg Mach monastery in 1179. She lives there because Sateth is her only family. Flayn is a pretty social and outgoing girl who interacts with everyone openly.
However, due to her curious nature, she acts recklessly, making her sister worry a lot. While you are at it, go through our guides like Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes Tips & tricks and the multiplayer guide.
Flayn enjoys living at the Monastery because she has various opportunities to interact and socialize with others in Fire Emblem Three Houses. However, a misfortune took place, and all the fears of Seteth turned into reality. Flayn was kidnapped during the Horsebow Moon. Rumors spread that the Death Knight kidnaps people at night. Meanwhile, go through our Best unit builders in Fire Emblem Heroes and Advanced Seals guides.
So, Byleth’s house held extensive searches to find Flayn. While searching the monastery grounds, they found a secret passage inside the Knights’ quarters. After entering it, they were astonished to find Flayn held hostage by the Death Knight. So, the Rescue was made successful by the Flame Emperor, who ordered Death Knight to retreat.
Seteth was relieved to find that her sister was safe. At first, she wanted to hide Flayn to prevent any similar situation. However, this idea was rejected by Flayn. She was convinced that the Monastery was much safer as it was guarded by the Knights.
Also, the number of students was increasing, and the faculty was very caring. Moreover, she became an unofficial student in Byleth’s class because they had proven their importance in Flayn’s rescue.
Flayn was surprised by Byleth’s decision to ally with Edelgard and leave Black Eagles in Fire Emblem Three Houses. However, this was expected by Edelgard and Hubert. Both sisters stood by Garreg Mach but were stunned because they were overwhelmed and had no option but to retreat.
Furthermore, After five years, the Knights of Seiros decided to attack and recapture the Monastery. Seteth led the expedition, and Flayn was by her side. However, Flayn promises to stay away from the front lines. But she felt she owed them a lot to save her life, so she was reluctant to fight.
Flayn was glad they were alive, although she was saddened because they were with the Empire. Soon she realizes that she cannot take their lives and informs Byleth that she and her sister will hide after the battle. However, should Byleth have landed a final blow on Flayn?
If that happened, she would say goodbye to Byleth, and they would hardly meet again because Flayn would have been forced to flee.
Flayn is a pretty and sweet girl in Fire Emblem Three Houses who talks to others politely and treats them kindly. She was isolated from society, so everything around her was new. She was always curious to understand and adjust to the culture.
Therefore, Little things like fish swimming sideways can get her attention, and she becomes curious pretty quickly. Also, she takes words literally because she doesn’t understand what they mean or in what context they are used in society.
She loves to wander around to explore and make new friends. She has great memories of fishing with her father and mother. So she hosts tournaments of fishing in the Monastery. However, she is not a good cook and leaves the dining hall if she is forced to cook. Before going further, consider reading our Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes Best weapons and Voice actors.
She is a sentimental person with loving memories of her mother and father. This makes her a bit nostalgic as well. Also, she often enquires about her past, especially the time before Monastery. Moreover, she loves her sister and is mainly dependent on her emotionally.
Flayn is sure that Seteth has nothing but good intentions for her. But, Flayn is annoyed when she interferes with her social life. She often states and tries to convince Seteth that she is old enough to take care of herself and make sensible decisions. Meanwhile, if you want to know about conversations, go through Conversations In Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes.
Furthermore, Flayn is interested in love and relationships in Fire Emblem Three Houses. Still, Seteth chases away anyone who tries to come close or develop a bond with her sister. As a result, she hides her romantic pursuits and prefers to keep her relationships a secret.
Here is a quick look at the base stats of Flayn as a Priest:
|Starting Class||Level||Stats||Crest||Magic||Combat Arts||Abilities||Starting items|
|Priest||11||Major Crest of Cethleann|
The Battle Of Garreg Mach
Overview of the Battle of Garreg Mach and its stats:
|Starting Class||Level||Stats||Crest||Magic||Combat Arts||Abilities||Starting items|
|Bishop||26||Major Crest of Cethleann||–|
Protecting Garreg Mach
A quick look at the Protecting Garreg Mach:
|Starting Class||Level||Base Stats||Crest||Magic||Combat Arts||Abilities||Starting items|
|Bishop||33||Major Crest of Cethleann||–|
Flayn’s Abilities In FE3H
- Sword Prowess Lv 1-5
- Wrath Strike
- Grounder –
- Sword Crit +10
- Lance Prowess Lv 2-5
- Tempest Lance
- Hit and run
- Sword breaker
- Frozen Lance
- Lance Crit +10
- Axe Prowess Lv1-5
- Helm Splitter
- Axe Crit +10
- Bow prowess Lv1-5
- Curved Shot
- Close Counter
- Bow Crit +10
- Brawling Prowess Lv1-5
- Fading Blow
- Rushing Blow
- Healing Focus
- Brawl Crit +10
- Seal Magic
- Reason Lv1-5
- Black magic range +1
- Black Tomefaire
- Faith Lv3-5
- White magic range +1
- White Tomefaire
- Authority Lv1-5
- Rally Luck
- Defensive tactics
- Offensive tactics
- Weight -3
- Armored Effect Null
- Dexterity +4
- Movement +1
- Cavalry Effect Null
- Alert Stance
- Alert Stance+
- Flying effect Null
How To Recruit Flayn In FE3H
Flayn will be recruited in a house where Byleth teaches at the end of chapter 6. When you reach chapter 11, if the player is leading the Black Eagles’ place, Flayn will leave the party if she finds out that the player is on Edelgard’s side. Meanwhile, go through guides like How To Farm XP Faster and All cooking recipes.
Moreover, any items possessed by Flayn will be lost, so it’s advised to return the items to the convoy before attempting this chapter in Fire Emblem Three Houses. Also, Flayn will remain the playable unit if the player decides to side with the church of Seiros.
Flayn is a priest with high growth in magic and resistance in Fire Emblem Three Houses. It allows her to heal and attack magically. Also, her charm and skills are excellent, allowing her to hit enemies accurately and use Battalions effectively. Before going further, go through our guides like Three Hopes Best Classes and Cleobulus Boss Guide.
However, she has low physical bulks, and her speed is also average. It means that most physical units can fall in single combat. Similarly, her luck is terrible, so she is vulnerable to critical hits. That’s why she avoids direct confrontation, and it’s a must that you put units between her and enemies.
Flayn’s strength lies in Lance and Faith, which later establish her as a healer and help her become a Holy Knight. However, she has a weakness in riding. Also, her Faith pool contains Restore, which removes the adverse status condition, and poison rescue pulls her allies out of danger.
Similarly, her faith spell pool contains extremely useful Fortify. It allows her to heal all allies within her range. But, Flayn lacks Physic if you compare her with Mercedes. So, she has to be closer to the front lines to heal allies, which can put Flayn at risk.
One of Flayn’s weaknesses in Fire Emblem Three Houses is riding. It’s a mirror hindrance that slows her down from becoming a potential. Another weakness is the Heavy Armor. So, it’s advised that she should not be trained in this subject because her inherent strength is in magic. Also, she has a weak strength stat.
Suitable Classes For Flayn
She naturally fits and adjusts in Priest and Bishop classes. However, she can be trained to shift into Mage and Warlock classes. All these categories suit her well due to her Magic focus. Bishop and Gremory are excellent for doubling powerful support magic.
The best class for her would be Dark Flier. It supports all her strengths and allows her to Transmute. So, she becomes even better as a magical bait unit. The only demerit is that it doesn’t provide additional charges for her faith spells. Meanwhile, go through Recruiting Byleth guide.
- Tasty baked treat, One-star: A baked confection made by mixing fruit into the dough. Appreciated by those with a sweet tooth.
- Stylish Hair Clip, Two-star: A hair accessory from a famous manufacturer. Appreciated by fashionable women.
- Dapper Handkerchief, Two-star: A handkerchief adorned with refined embroidery. Appreciated by fashionable men.
- Armored Bear Stuffy, Three-star: A fluffy stuffed bear is wearing distinguished armor. Appreciate those who love animals or cute things.
- Forget-me-nots, Three-star: Grown sometimes in Fodlan. Appreciate those who like flowers.
- Owl Feather, Three-star: A feather from a messenger owl can be used in various ways. Appreciate by everyone.
- Whetstone, Two-star: A stone is used to sharpen the blades of swords or lances. Appreciated by those who enjoy weapon maintenance.
- Blue Cheese: A pungent cheese with a very distinctive taste. Appreciated by lovers of food and drink.
Share Meal List
- Grilled Herring: Herring caught off the coast of Albinea, shredded, and grilled in an earthenware pot with sliced turnips.
- Saghert and Cream: A baked confection coated with Noa fruit cream and a currant reduction is often enjoyed as a dessert at family gatherings.
- Fish and Bean Soup: A soup made by simmering white trout and chickpeas. A simple yet wholesome dish.
- Onion Gratin Soup: Onions stewed with white trout and baked with a layer of cheese. It will warm you up from the inside out.
- Sweet Bun Trio: Traditional pastries from Faerghus are known for their subtle sweetness. The dough is made with eggs and sugar.
- Fruit and Herring Tart: A baked tart with stewed herring and Noa fruit mixed into the batter. Popular in Enbarr, the Imperial Capital.
- Fisherman’s Bounty: Freshly-caught fish are cut into chunks and stewed together to make this hearty dish.
- Pheasant Roast with Berry Sauce: Well-roasted Fódlan pheasant drizzled with a berry reduction sauce.
- Cheesy Verona Stew: A rich dish consists of Verona and sautéed Teutates loach. These ingredients are boiled and served with two kinds of melted cheese.
- Fish Sandwich: A simple dish. Airmid pike is pickled in vinegar and served with cabbage between two slices of bread.
- Country-Style Red Turnip Plate: A balanced meal including red turnip and Verona stew, red turnip salad, and sautéed red turnip with garlic.
- Peach Sorbet: A sorbet made with thin slices of magically frozen peach dusted with bean flour.
- Pickled Seafood and Vegetables Favorite: A Dagdan dish of raw fish and turnips pickled in a vinegar-based seasoning liquid. Rarely eaten in Fódlan.
- Two-Fish Saute: Two types of fish are cut into strips and sautéed in butter. The lavish meal hails from Enbarr, the Imperial Capital.
- Cabbage and Herring Stew: Cabbage and Albanian herring stewed whole. The fish guts lend the hearty dish a superbly bitter kick.
- Bourgeois Pike: A gourmet fish dish with Airmid pike, vegetables, and a sprinkle of expensive spices. Popular among nobles.
- Sauteed Jerky: Jerky aged in the Monastery and sautéed for a delightfully salty flavor. A perfect snack to go with your favorite drink.
- Garreg Mach Meat Pie: A crispy-brown pie packed with tomatoes, cheese, and tender chunks of meat.
- Super-Spicy Fish Dango: A light snack, popular in the Empire. Small, spicy balls of fried dough packed with white trout and dried tomato.
- Sauteed Pheasant and Eggs: Thin slices of bird meat and shredded cabbage, mixed with scrambled eggs and sautéed with spices. The invention of a certain noble.
- Gautier Cheese Gratin: A gratin of bird meat topped with heaps of Gautier cheese, which is famous for its low-fat content. It has a unique flavor.
- Vegetable Stir-Fry: A dish of dried tomatoes, cabbage, chickpeas, and other vegetables, stir-fried with eggs. Nutritious and very filling.
Generally, Flayn in Fire Emblem Three Houses is an ideal Healer and Magic bait character. She can withstand any spell thrown at her and unleash a reasonable amount of damage. Also, she is pretty invaluable in long-lasting battles. At the same time, she can provide much-needed rescue and heal her allies. Physically, she might be weak, but she has a fantastic ability to dominate and heal allies.
It’s all we have for Flayn in FE3H. In this guide, we explained all the characteristics and attributes of Flayn. Moreover, we told you about her life’s history and how those events shaped and developed her skills. We hope this guide was helpful.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍