In Fire Emblem Three Houses, having tea is the best way to strengthen your bond with the characters at the Garreg Mach Monastery. It’s not only having great tea with great company, but it helps the player in gaining some extra benefits. If you’re also a Fire Emblem Three Houses player, this Tea Guide is for you.
The massive roster of characters at the Garreg Mach Monastery has three different houses, and members from each house have their tastes. You can’t just serve them any cup of tea. Each member has a different taste for tea and expects a different conversation every time. For some amazing tips and tricks, check out the Fire Emblem Three Hopes Tips and Tricks Guide.
It’s not as simple as you think. The player must have a good conversation that matches their guests’ interests and serve them the perfect cup of tea that matches their preferences. Survival in Fire Emblem Three Houses can become easier with the Tea Guide we have written for you.
How To Unlock Tea Party in Fire Emblem Three Houses
To unlock Tea Time in Fire Emblem Three Houses, follow these steps:
- Time and Location: After the second month (Blue Sea Moon), explore the monastery.
- Find Ferdinand: Look for Ferdinand, who is searching for a tea enthusiast.
- Quest “Tea for Two”: Ferdinand will give you a quest called “Tea for Two” and an Elegant Tea Set.
- Choose Lorenz: Hand over the Elegant Tea Set to Lorenz. You can find him at the fishing pond or use the map (press R) to locate him.
- Quest Completion: By giving Lorenz the Elegant Tea Set, you complete the quest and unlock Tea Time during monastery downtime.
Inviting Friends To Tea Party
Unlocking Tea Parties in Fire Emblem Three Houses is just the beginning. Here’s how to make the most of them:
- Action Points: Inviting friends to your Tea Party consumes an action point each time. Use your action points wisely.
- Choosing Guests: Approach the character you want to invite, then select “invite to tea” from the menu. Ensure you have a good bond with them to invite them successfully.
- Building Bonds: You can’t invite characters right from the start. You need to reach a specific level in the game to unlock them. Strengthen your bond by buying gifts from visiting merchants, choosing positive dialogue responses, or finding lost items on the map.
By using these methods, you’ll maximize your Tea Party invitations and enjoy quality time with your favorite characters.
How Tea Time Works
When hosting a Tea Party in Fire Emblem Three Houses, consider these tips for a successful gathering:
- Tea Preferences: Each guest has specific tea preferences. Serve their favorite tea from your inventory to elicit a positive response.
- Conversation Topics: After serving tea, choose a conversation topic from the three provided. Opt for topics that align with the guest’s interests for a positive response.
- Positive Responses: Aim for three positive responses from your guest. This leads to an optional 4th response, resulting in both you and your guest gaining +1 CHA (Charisma) stat.
- Favorite Tea Bonus: Serving the guest’s favorite tea allows you to get only two conversation topics correct for a bonus.
By following these guidelines, you can have a Perfect Tea Time and strengthen your bonds with characters in the game.
During your Tea Party in Fire Emblem Three Houses, keep these additional points in mind for a successful and enjoyable gathering:
- Avoid Uninteresting Topics: Choose topics that align with your guest’s interests to prevent negative responses.
- Extend Tea Time: After three favorable topics, your guest will comment, and Byleth should respond positively to extend the Tea Time.
- Support Boost: Positive responses strengthen the support between Byleth and the guest.
- Perfect Tea Time: Achieving a Perfect Tea Time unlocks a menu with gift options for Byleth to present to the guest.
- Observation: Byleth can observe the guest to better understand them, helping you choose the perfect gift. While the guest responds to your observation, it doesn’t affect gameplay significantly.
By following these tips, you can maximize the benefits of Tea Time and build stronger relationships with the characters in the game
A Perfect Tea Party is important for the player, as well as the guest as each one of them, will be granted a permanent Charms boost. Not completing the Perfect Tea Time before time skip will lock the Tea for Two Quest till Chapter 13. Fire Emblem Three Houses with its perfect Tea Guide will indeed help you score a few bonuses.
Choosing Perfect Tea
Selecting your guest’s favorite tea can provide a bonus during your Tea Party in Fire Emblem Three Houses. Here’s a guide to help you choose the perfect tea for each guest:
- Tea Variety: In the game, there are many different types of teas, each with its unique ingredients and flavors. Some cater to the preferences of nobles, while others suit commoners.
- Guest Preferences: Every character in your company has their own likes and dislikes when it comes to tea flavors. For example, Ashe, Mercedes, and Lindhart prefer sweeter flavors, while others may have different tastes like Crescent-Moon Tea or Lavender Blend.
- Star Ratings: Each tea has specific star ratings. Sharing any tea with your guest will strengthen your bond, but their favorite tea will enhance the friendship even faster.
- Finding Tea: You can discover most tea flavors in the Amiibo Garden and other locations within the monastery. Keep an eye on the game map or purchase them from merchants near the monastery’s entrance.
We have listed down all the Fire Emblem Three Houses characters with their favorite teas in this Tea Guide. The characters are all guests in the Tea Party and all DLC characters too.
- Annette: Sweet Apple Blend, Rose Petal Blend, and Almond Blend
- Alois: Honeyed Fruit Blend and Crescent Moon Tea
- Anna: Bergamot, Seiros Tea and Dagda Fruit Blend
- Ashe: Angelica Tea and Mint Leaves
- Balthus: Ginger Tea and Almyran Pine Needles
- Bernadetta: Honeyed Fruit Blend, Albiinean Berry Blend
- Catherin: Rose Petal Blend
- Caspar: Ginger Tea
- Claude: Chamomile, Almyran Pine Needles, and Leicester Cortana
- Cyril: Almyran Pine Needles
- Constance: Bergamot, Albanian Berry Blend, Rose Petal Blend, and Sweet Apple Blend
- Dedue: Four Spice Blend, Ginger Tea, and Cinnamon Blend
- Dorothea: Sweet Apple Blend and Albinean Berry Blend
- Dimitri: Chamomile
- Edelgard: Hresvelg Blend and Bergamot
- Felix: Four Spice Blend and Almyran Pine Needles
- Ferdinand: Southern Fruit Blend, Seiros Tea, and Almyran Pine Needles
- Flayn: Sweet Apple Blend, Crescent Moon Tea, and Almond Blend
- Gilbert: Lavender Blend and Almond Blend
- Hanneman: Cinnamon Blend, Honeyed Fruit Blend, Sweet Apple Blend, and Bergamot
- Hapi: Dagda Fruit Blend, Four Spice Blend, and Cinnamon Blend
- Hubert: Dagda Fruit Blend and Cinnamon Blend
- Ignatz: Lavender Blend, Seiros Tea and Dagda Fruit Blend
- Ingrid: Chamomile and Mint Leaves
- Jeritza: Albinean Berry Blend, Sweet Apple Blend, Southern Fruit Blend, and Honeyed Fruit Blend
- Leonie: Four Spice Blend and Angeslica Tea
- Lorenz: Rose Petal, Bergamot and Seiros Tea
- Linhardt: Angelica Tea and Almyran Pine Needles
- Lysithea: Honey Eyed Fruit Blend, Sweet Apple Blend, Southern Fruit Blend, and Crescent Moon Tea
- Manuela: Lavender Blend and Mint Leaves
- Marianne: Dagda Fruit Blend, Lavender Blend, and Cinnamon Blend
- Mercedes: Southern Fruit Blend, Albinean Berry Blend, and Crescent Moon Tea
- Petra: Ginger Tea and Four Spiced Tea
- Raphael: Ginger Tea and Almond Blend
- Rhea: Four Spice Blend, Ginger Tea, and Angelica Tea
- Shamir: Chamomile and Crescent Moon Tea
- Seteth: Four Spice Blend, Angelica Tea, and Ginger Tea
- Sylvain: Bergamot and Seiros Tea
- Yuri: Honeyed Fruit Blend, Seiros Tea, and Albinean Berry Blend
Choosing the Perfect Conversation Topic
You don’t only have to offer the perfect cup of tea to your guests, rather; you need to have a good conversation too. Choose the topic according to your unit’s preference because messing up with the topic will make them leave early.
To enhance your bond with your guests during Tea Time in Fire Emblem Three Houses, it’s crucial to choose conversation topics that align with their likes and dislikes:
- Three Chances: You’ll have three opportunities to engage in dialogue with your guest and select a topic that caters to their preferences.
- Avoid Disliked Topics: Picking two topics that your guest dislikes will result in the Tea Time ending with a message like “you don’t have much to talk about.”
- Personality Matters: Tailor your conversation to the personality of the character. For example, a dedicated knight like Leonie would appreciate topics related to warfare, while someone like Dimitri, committed to military service, prefers discussions on military equipment over gossip.
- Questions and Answers: Expect questions from your guest during Tea Time. Make sure you answer them correctly to maintain a positive conversation.
Likes: Jokes, Family, Flowers, Sweets, Knights
Dislikes: Spicy food, ghosts, Traveling by sea
Likes: Money, good deals, viable business ventures
Dislikes: Swindlers, contract breaches, and forgeries
Likes: Stories about chivalry, taking care of children, sweets, travel, and violets
Dislikes: Deceit, ghosts, violence, and confined spaces
Likes: Early morning walks, dressing up, dancing, and washing clothes
Dislikes: Places that are hard to clean, laziness, coffee, dark places, and dirtiness
Likes: Fighting, women, gambling, bravado, grit, and gold
Dislikes: Losing bets, bounty hunters, and getting an earful from Duke Goneril
Likes: Drawing, being alone, embroidery, music, stuffed animals, and reading
Dislikes: Overbearing fathers, imposing people, and talking to people
Likes: Feasts, archery, horse riding, and curious topics
Dislikes: Leaving things to chance, having bling faith in gods, and being bound by common sense
Likes: Fighting and defeating evil
Dislikes: Liars, rain, inequity, and time-wasting
Likes: Showy spells, magic, House Nuvelle, helpful spells, selflessness, modesty, and black tea
Dislikes: Vulgarity, sunlight, bugs, admitting defeat, her own perceived faults, and cute things
Likes: Singing, acting decorations, music, and animals
Dislikes: conceited nobles and herself
Likes: Arts, flowers, gardening, and embroidery
Dislikes: Bothering Dimitri
Likes: Weapons, Battle training, riding, and physical training
Dislikes: selfishness, heat, and weak objects
Likes: Talented people, history, and debate
Dislikes: Crests, chains, swimming, rats, isoing control, and old-fashioned values
Likes: Nobility, horse riding, justice, and tea
Dislikes: Laziness and ignoble nobles
Likes: High-quality weapons, hunting, combat, meat, and spicy food
Dislikes: Light-heartedness, sweets, chivalry, and his father
Likes: Making friends, learning new things, forget me not, and talking about love
Dislikes: Sleeping too much and Setheth’s over-protection
Likes: Music, freedom, and humorous anecdotes
Dislikes: Demonic beasts, monsters, conforming to expectations, knights, preachy people, and stifling sighs
Likes: Fashion, dancing, singing, and flowers
Dislikes: Responsibilities, putting in the effort, being tired and extreme weather
Likes: Protecting Edelgard, intelligence, and Tactics & Strategy
Dislikes: People who bother Edelgard, gambling, heights, the Church of Seiros, and heights
Likes: Meat, horses, knights, and chivalry
Dislikes: Lavishness, people from Duscur, and hunger
Likes: the Goddess, Art, the Four Saints, faraway lands, peace, flowers, and landscapes
Dislikes: Those who dislike art, lightning, and stressful situations
Likes: Cats, Mercedes, and sweets
Dislikes: busybodies, alcohol, nobles, and his father
Likes: Gardening, hunting, reusing old things, military arts, competition and Jeralt
Dislikes: Debt, defeat, poisonous creatures, and decadence
Likes: Nobility, tea, red roses, and art
Dislikes: Injustice, vulgarity, bad smells, coffee, and filth
Likes: Sleeping, naps, sweets, reading, fishing, and freedom
Dislikes: Politics, weapons, fighting, duty, and blood
Likes: Cute things, sweets, and lilies
Dislikes: Bitter food, ghosts, hard work, and being perceived as a child
Likes: The Goddess, reading, flowers, and birds
Dislikes: Crests, herself, and cleaning up
Likes: Singing, dancing, needlework, refreshing drinks, and cooking
Dislikes: Cleaning things up and bullies
Likes: Praying and baking
Dislikes: Spicy food and exercising
Likes: Family, ocean swimming, climbing trees, sunshine, and the Brigid Islands
Dislikes: Math, idling, and discrimination
Likes: Protein, muscles, training, and his younger sister
Dislikes: LEftover food, studying and books
Likes: The Church, flayn, diligence, and fishing
Dislikes: Those who dislike the church or Flayn
Likes: Thrown weapons, paycheck, archery, and gambling
Dislikes: Smooth-talking people, spiders, and centipedes
Likes: Women, Lively places, and board games
Dislikes: Excessive heat, messy places, and jealousy
Likes: Family, board games, sweets, and banquets
Dislikes: Irrationality, singing in public, unlucky odds, and injustice
Expressions in Conversation
Fire Emblem Three Houses Tea Guide will not only tell you the likes and dislikes of the guests but it has all information regarding what kind of expressions you must have while having tea with your guests. Having clear expressions will help your guest understand you better. We have listed all the expressions that you must have.
- Blush, Chat, or sip tea while playing with the cat
- Sigh or chat at feeling sleepy
- Sigh or disagree when everyone knows about her curse
- Disagree, laugh or sip tea when you have work to do
- Chat or nod at feeling free
- Commend, nod and praise if you are grateful to be there
- Admonish, blush or nod when you want to show care
- admonish, chat or praise when you have not seen her parents
- Chat or nod when people sigh because of happiness
Fire Emblem Three Houses is a fun game and our Tea Guide has made it even more fun. Now that you know about all characters’ favorite teas, and their likes and dislikes, you can have a perfect tea time with your guests. Have a look at our Fire Emblem Three Hopes Best Weapons Guide.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍