If you have played Evil West, you easily get the feeling that you’ve experienced some or most features of it before in games like it. That is because weapons, perks, melee & ranged weapon upgrades, exploration, bosses & much more of Evil West resemble lots of games that you may or may not have played before.
- If you enjoyed playing Evil West then there are a bunch of other games that are similar to it.
- Some of the games are as follows:
- Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare: The game developed by Rockstar San Diego is mainly focused on players exploring the game and going up against hordes of zombies that you will have to defeat.
- Vampyr: The game contains interaction and fighting scenarios similar to that of Evil West. It has a strong story with an extremely exciting cast of people. It is based on Reid a medical professional who was converted from a human to a vampire.
- Devil May Cry 5: The game provides extremely interactive gameplay with a fast-paced fighting style. Obliterating demons is going to be the main focus of the three protagonists which are Nero, Dante, and a newly added character V. Each of them has a unique fighting style.
- Night Gate, Vampirem, West Of Dead, and Vampire Survivors are some of the other games similar to Evil West.
NOTE: The 14 Games Like Evil West that you see in our list is based on our experience and judgment that we find them close enough to Evil West than any other title. You’re welcome to let us know if there is any other title close to it.
Here is a quick look at our list of games like Evil West:
|Game||Metacritic Rating||Release Date||Developer||Platform|
|West Of Loathing||87 Metascore and 7.7 User Score||August 10, 2017||Asymmetric Publications||Linux, macOS, PC, Nintendo Switch, Stadia, and iOS|
|Castlevania Lords Of Shadow||85 Metascore and 8.1 User Score||October 5, 2010||Mercury Steam, Kojima Productions, and Climax Studios||PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC|
|Vampire The Masquerade: Blood Hunt||77 Metascore and 5.1 User Score||April 27, 2022||Sharkmob||PlayStation 5 and PC|
|Wallachia: Reign Of Dracula||68 Metascore||October 29, 2020||Migami Games||Nintendo Switch, PC, and PlayStation 4|
|Resident Evil 5||86 Metascore and 7.1 User Score||March 5, 2009||Capcom||PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC, Shield Android TV, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch|
|Devil May Cry 5||88 Metascore and 8.4 User Score||March 8, 2019||Capcom||PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, PC, and Amazon Luna|
|Night Gate||N/A||October 14, 2022||DangerousBob Studio LLC||PC|
|Vampirem||N/A||May 20, 2021||WRF Studios||PC|
|West Of Dead||63 Metascore and 6.1 User Score||June 18, 2020||Upstream Arcade||Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC|
|BloodRayne 2: Terminal Cut||5.3 User Score||November 20, 2020||Terminal Reality||PC|
|Vampyr||70 Metascore and 7.1 User Score||June 5, 2018||Dontnod Entertainment||Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC|
|Vampire Survivors||91 Metascore and 8.6 User Score||March 31, 2021||Poncle||Xbox One, Xbox Series X and series S, Android, iOS, PC, and macOS|
|Darkwatch||74 Metascore and 8.3 User Score||August 16, 2005||High Moon Studios||PlayStation 2 and Xbox|
|Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare||N/A||October 26, 2010||Rockstar San Diego||PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360|
West Of Loathing
- Developer: Asymmetric Publications
- Platforms: Linux, macOS, Windows, Nintendo Switch, Stadia, iOS
- Release Date: August 10, 2017
West of Loathing has what might be considered a low weight in terms of its normal gameplay. There is a turn-based fighting system, and your pick of one of the three classes will alter how that system works.
West of Loathing is an almost totally black-and-white stick-figure RPG that conceals not just a significant degree of technical sophistication but also an unfathomable degree of fun, humor, and excellent storytelling. The actual fighting system is engaging enough on its own, including original principles and subtleties that are simple to pick up.
Some of the gameplay elements from West of Loathing have been carried over, such as the use of meat as in-game money. Consuming different foods, beverages, and potions throughout the day might also have an effect on your character’s statistics.
In most cases, the usage of an item becomes obligatory during the fight, such as the use of explosives to weaken a threatening enemy preceding your major strike or the consumption of food and drink in order to deliver potent and long-lasting advantages.
Although West of Loathing does not visually like Evil West, the main gameplay mechanics of the former are so exciting and yet so straightforward that they are comparable to those of the latter. If you’ve finished playing Evil West and are looking for a game with a similar experience but set in a 2D environment, then you should put West of Loathing on your list of potential options.
- West of Loathing features a very interesting and distinct 2D art style.
- The graphics in West of Loathing are very unique and features a completely black-and-white aesthetic.
- West of Loathing is a very funny game and features some genuinely witty humor.
- West of Loathing has some references to real-life memes and cultures that are very funny to spot.
- The gameplay mechanics in West of Loathing are very easy to understand.
- The writing in the story of West of Loathing is incredibly consistent throughout the entire game.
- The overall RPG elements in West of Loathing are not very deep and can feel a bit dull.
- The exploration in West of Loathing can get a bit repetitive as you progress further into the game.
- Some of the quests in West of Loathing can be frustratingly difficult and turn away a lot of the players.
- The combat in West of Loathing is fully turn-based while being very lackluster and getting repetitive quickly.
Castlevania Lords Of Shadow
- Developer: MercurySteam, Kojima Productions, Climax Studios
- Platforms: PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Microsoft Windows
- Release Date: October 5, 2010
In Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, the player takes on the role of the protagonist, who has taken an oath to eliminate all vampires from the world. The protagonist’s goal is to vanquish the three Lords of Shadow and bring back peace to the world. Your travels will take you across verdant groves, up and over jagged peaks, and within the creepy walls of eerie castles until you reach the land of the dead.
The Castlevania series is well-known, among other things, for its memorable music, and Lords of Shadow does not fail in this regard. Although the soundtrack in Evil West is enjoyable, the soundtrack in Castlevania: Lords of Shadow is considerably more impressive. Even if there aren’t any popular or unforgettable songs included, the orchestrated music manages to find a nice mix between ominous and quiet sounds.
In Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, the majority of your time is spent crossing rock sides and climbing castle walls while you are not engaged in battle. These parts provide a welcome break from the intensity of the battles that have been going on. While the Evil West has got back-to-back combat encounters with vampire vermin, and the only respite you get is for short cutscenes in between fights.
The action game Castlevania: Lords of Shadow is a lot of fun to play, and it has some really spectacular moments. This title passes easily as Games Like Evil West and offers a tone that is quite similar, with a striking change of being a vampire in Castlevania.
- The voice acting in Castlevania Lords of Shadow is phenomenal.
- Castlevania Lords of Shadow features beautifully detailed backgrounds that are a delight to watch.
- The soundtrack in Castlevania Lords of Shadow is done very well and can be memorable.
- Castlevania Lords of Shadow features a very simple yet incredibly entertaining and well-written story.
- Most of the levels feel very fresh and do not get repetitive because each level has something unique to offer.
- The combat system in Castlevania Lords of Shadow is designed very well.
- There is a wide variety of boss fights in Castlevania Lords of Shadow and all of them feel very rewarding.
- The camera in Castlevania Lords of Shadow is fixed in 1 position and you cannot control it.
- Some of the puzzles in Castlevania Lords of Shadow might be a bit too easy and feel lackluster.
- The attacks in Castlevania Lords of Shadow do not feel like they have any weight behind them.
Vampire The Masquerade: Blood Hunt
- Developer: Sharkmob
- Platforms: Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 5
- Release Date: April 27, 2022
The two games, Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodhunt and Evil West, are quite different in a number of significant ways. However, the desire to put an end to vampires is present in both games.
Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodhunt is a third-person, free-to-play Battle Royale, which is set in the murky alleys of Prague. As a member of one of the four vampire classes, your objective is to eliminate as many other monsters of the darkness as possible and emerge victorious, either alone or with your allies.
While Evil West is focused completely on the plot, Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodhunt is an online battle royale game throughout the whole experience. Both games contain a variety of exciting techniques, weapons, and skills, along with intense action sequences and battles. This is something you will find common in either video game.
Because of the game’s class system, Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodhunt offers a true variety in both the flow of the game and the strategy that players must use in order to be successful. There are also changes in the builds since reaching higher levels within an archetype might unlock alternative beginning buffs. It will provide gamers the ability to personalize not just the outward look of their character but also their passive abilities.
Because the streets of Prague are filled with lethal weaponry and people to prey on, Bloodhunt is a game that carries a great danger but also a big potential payoff. Nevertheless, the player is always at risk of being killed by an enemy due to the fact that danger lurks around every corner.
- Blood Hunt is a completely F2P (Free-to-Play) game that is very easily accessible to all sorts of players.
- The visuals in Blood Hunt are chilling, as they feature a dark yet appealing aesthetic that is hard to forget.
- The audio design in Blood Hunt is incredible, as the bullets and the climbing sounds are very realistic.
- The combat in Blood Hunt is one of the best aspects of the game, as it is very thrilling and satisfying.
- Blood Hunt features a wide variety of classes you can pick from, with each class having unique characteristics.
- Blood Hunt has some very good Battle Royale mechanics, which makes the overall game very fun.
- There is a massive lack of content in Blood Hunt, with no new maps or features from the developers.
- Blood Hunt suffers from a small player base, which makes matchmaking a chore to sit through.
- Blood Hunt has a lot of hacking and cheating issues, as the anti-cheat system of the game is not the best.
- Some of the servers in Blood Hunt are awful and have some terrible routing that makes the ping very high.
Wallachia: Reign Of Dracula
- Developer: Migami Games
- Platforms: Steam, Nintendo Switch
- Release Date: 28 February 2020
You may also locate the fundamental concept of Wallachia: Reign of Dracula, which is presented in Evil West. You will have the opportunity to hunt vampires utilizing a variety of ranged weapons and unique talents, and the plot will continue to advance.
When compared to Wallachia: Reign of Dracula, Evil West’s visuals seem like they were taken from the present day, while Wallachia: Reign of Dracula uses more traditional two-dimensional graphics. The old-school 2D visuals that are used in games these days are far more advanced and complex in terms of game mechanics, and Wallachia: Reign of Dracula demonstrates this trend.
The gameplay of Wallachia: Reign of Dracula is quite smooth, and it gives you complete command over how your character moves. However, the complexity of the game does include several hitches that are often seen in traditional two-dimensional action games.
After completing Evil West, you will discover that Wallachia: Reign of Dracula has a greater number of boss battles, which is one of the game’s more positive aspects. The boss battles in Evil West aren’t very memorable, and you spend a big portion of the game facing up against minibosses, which is a mood killer.
- If you love arcade games with a retro feel, then Wallachia: Reign of Dracula is the perfect game for you.
- The controls feel very responsive, making the game incredibly satisfying and consistent to play.
- Wallachia: Reign of Dracula takes huge inspiration from the Castlevania games.
- The level design is great, as the levels feature a wide variety of enemies and unique features.
- The sound design in Wallachia: Reign of Dracula is great and has some very satisfying sound effects.
- The combat feels very fast-paced and satisfying, as you have to make quick decisions to defeat enemies.
- Wallachia: Reign of Dracula has an insane amount of difficulty that can turn away a lot of casual players.
- The UI is not the best and is very hard to navigate while looking unsatisfying.
- Some of the last stages of Wallachia: Reign of Dracula can get incredibly frustrating to beat.
- The controls for a keyboard and mouse can be incredibly hard and frustrating to set up.
Resident Evil 5
- Developer: Capcom
- Platforms: PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Microsoft Windows, Shield Android TV, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch
- Release Date: March 5, 2009
Resident Evil 5 is able to make the shift from being a horror game to an action survival horror game, despite the fact that it can no longer be termed a pure survival horror game. The game introduces unique gameplay concepts, which together create a socially engaging and enjoyable experience that should put you on your feet the whole time.
The slower pace and more deliberate gunplay in Resident Evil 5 need some adjustment time. If you are anticipating a game in which you can rush about and shoot things, you may be disappointed by how slow the combat is. Due to the planned nature of the adversaries’ strikes, the fact that you move more slowly than they do is not really a problem in the game since it is easier to deal with them if you remain cool and are skilled at pointing a gun.
The inclusion of a second playable character in Resident Evil 5 makes the fights seem quite different from those in Resident Evil 4, despite the fact that the two games’ respective combat systems are very similar. It is impossible to defeat formidable foes and monsters without the assistance of other players. Sometimes you have to depend on the efforts of your teammates, and doing so helps you stay alive.
Both local and online co-op gaming is available for players to choose from in Resident Evil 5. The same amount of enjoyment can be found in Evil West online mode, in addition to the fact that the game offers cooperative play. The cooperative play of this game is far more enjoyable than playing it on one alone.
Although it takes the series on a far different path than its predecessor, Resident Evil 5 does an excellent job of expanding upon its predecessor’s groundwork.
- Resident Evil 5 offers an online co-op mode that allows you to team up with your friends.
- The atmosphere in Resident Evil 5 is amazing and the game does a great job of engulfing you.
- You get constant action throughout Resident Evil 5 and the gameplay mechanics make it better.
- The graphics of Resident Evil 5 are great and offer a greater sense of immersion with detailed environments.
- Resident Evil 5 takes place in Africa, making it a delight to see for players that live in Africa.
- Many players have run into problems trying to run Resident Evil 5 on modern systems.
- Resident Evil 5 has a Redistributable Installer that does not work and causes many issues with the game.
- It can be a bit boring to play Resident Evil 5 if you do not have friends to play with in co-op mode.
Devil May Cry 5
- Developer: Capcom
- Platforms: PlayStation 4, Windows, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 5, Amazon Luna
- Release Date: 8 March 2019
The continuity of the DMC series is resumed with the release of DMC5. It reawakens the SSS battle system in a slick manner and revives whatever you recall about how earlier games in the DMC series were experienced. Your time in Devil May Cry 5 will be consumed almost entirely by the process of slaying demons. You may unleash a complicated combination using a variety of melee and ranged strikes, both of which are at your disposal.
Even though the fighting in Evil West is not as lightning quick as that in DMC5, players who have played Evil West will have a lot to live up to when they play other DMC games. Each of the three protagonists, Nero, Dante, and newcomer V, offers a distinctively different way to play the game. The basic task of clearing floors full of foes is made to seem like an endless source of excitement, thanks to all three characters.
Combat is the most expressive part of the game since it demonstrates the intricacies of the game’s mechanical complexity in a myriad of different and inventive ways. To avoid being hit by oncoming assaults, you will spend much of your time engaging in split-second dodging maneuvers.
In Evil West, you take on the role of only one protagonist, while in DMC 5, you get to choose between three different people. Whereas Nero gives traditional mechanics a new spin, V introduces novel and surprising elements. Dante is where you’ll find the most classic mechanics, but he’s also where you’ll find the most inventive fighting.
- The combat in Devil May Cry 5 is very fast-paced and satisfying with a certain amount of depth to the combo system.
- Devil May Cry 5 features a very interesting story that is written very well and has a lot of depth to it.
- The character designs in Devil May Cry 5 are very unique, with each character having distinct characteristics.
- The visual design of Devil May Cry 5 has a distinct aesthetic to it.
- Devil May Cry 5 features some of the best soundtracks ever created for a video game and is very exciting.
- There is a severe lack of post-game content in Devil May Cry 5, which makes the replay value go down a lot.
- The pacing seems to get a bit awkward towards the end of Devil May Cry 5, which is a bit disappointing.
- Devil May Cry 5 only has 2 difficulty options, with 1 being too hard and the other being too easy.
- There are way too many loading screens spread throughout Devil May Cry 5 that can waste a lot of your time.
- Developer: DangerousBob Studio LLC
- Platforms: PC Steam
- Release Date: 14 October 2022
Night Gate is a video game that combines the open-world gameplay of Castlevania with the action-packed gameplay of Resident Evil. You take on the role of a Vampire Hunter on a mission to put an end to Grendel, the Master Vampire! The game is an open-world RPG horror experience that lasts for more than 20 hours and takes place in the swamps of the American South. To explore the game area, you use an airboat.
Night Gate is essentially an open-world shooter or adventure role-playing game, and it was developed using Unreal Engine 5. You will have complete leeway to go to any location that you can see. The player is given an airboat at the beginning of the game, which enables them to explore any part of the vast swamp where the game takes place.
When the Vampires appeared, the world altered so quickly that nobody really understood how or why it happened, but we do understand when it happened. Afterward when, humanity was forced to retreat beyond the Night Gate, which is surrounded by walls that link to it and encircle the remaining human settlements.
It is not entirely clear if the Night Gate was intended to prevent vampires from entering or to confine humans within, much as a cattle ranch would do. As the player, you take on the role of Robin, a Vampire Hunter who has been charged with eliminating Grendle, the Master Vampire.
You are an accomplished marksman and a master of survival. Two of the most fundamental parallels between Night Gate and Evil West are the activities of hunting vampires and battling for one’s life.
- Night Gate has a fully open world that allows you to go almost anywhere on the map with no restrictions.
- There is a wide variety of enemies for you to encounter in Night Gate, which keeps things feeling fresh.
- The atmosphere brought by Dracula in Night Gate is executed perfectly.
- When the sun rises all of the enemies get burned to a crisp, which is very satisfying to see.
- The graphics look very good in Night Gate and add to the immersive experience.
- You cannot transition from a 3rd person to 1st person perspective, which feels very unsatisfying.
- While you are in a boat, you can only make it move forward and not fully control it in Night Gate.
- You can waste your ammo while in the middle of a cutscene in Night Gate.
- The voice acting in Night Gate is not up to par.
- While the graphics are great, the animations are incredibly clunky and look stiff, which breaks the immersion.
- Developer: WRF Studios
- Platforms: PC Steam
- Release Date: 20 May, 2021
Another tale in the Bloodlust series, Vampirem is told from Ravenblood’s point of view and follows the progression of the storyline. The main character is a Vampire who also has a ghostly form. You will go through the gloomy graves and cellars of the Vampirem on his trip as he searches for his lost power and for an opportunity for retribution.
Raven, a vampire whose two sires were only recently killed by a Shadowhunter, is compelled to stay hidden because of the threat posed by the latter. If he emerges into the daylight, he will be consumed by flames as a result of a chemical imbalance that is racing through his dark veins. His sole goal as he searches for a way forward is to either reclaim the power that was taken from him by the hunters or exact retribution on the hunters.
Raven’s tomb has been formally sealed by the Elders since the Council believes that he is susceptible to attack in his debilitated condition and because the Elders see him as an easy target. The tomb of the protagonist, on the other hand, is sealed not in an attempt to keep him safe but rather as a result of a decision made inside the Council to strip him of his “royalty.” However, the outcome of his life is uncertain since there is a reward placed on his head, and members of his own species have been sent to eliminate him.
In a manner similar to that of Raven, the primary protagonist of Evil West is committed to the mission of exterminating vampires and other forms of vermin from the surface of the world.
- Vampirem features a very deep and easy-to-understand tutorial that gets you started with the game quickly.
- The graphics are consistent throughout Vampirem and look pretty good.
- The voice acting of the game is surprisingly good, as the voice actors deliver the dialogue naturally and with emotion.
- Vampirem features some RPG elements that are very easy to understand and welcoming to new players.
- It can be incredibly fun to explore the areas in Vampirem.
- The level design of Vampirem is executed very well and does not get too repetitive.
- There is a chance you might encounter frame drop issues when playing Vampirem for the first time.
- The gameplay might take some time to get used to for players that are not used to this genre.
- The Ai in Vampirem can be incredibly frustrating to deal with, as it is not programmed very well.
- The overall game is very linear and heavily scripted, as you cannot deviate too far from the design.
West Of Dead
- Developer: Upstream Arcade
- Platforms: Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, PC Steam
- Release Date: 18 June 2020
When you reach a certain point in the game, the plot will naturally start to fade away, just like it does in so many other Rogue-inspired games out today. The premise of the game unfolds into a straightforward yet intriguing short story. You take on the role of the Marshall, an undead cowboy who has little recollection of his past other than his objective to eliminate the sinister preacher who is preventing access to the hereafter.
The basis of the game is quite different from what you see in Evil West, but the other gameplay components will remind you of the game if you play it after having played Evil West. Each level in West of Dead is really comprised of a collection of fight zones that are connected by winding corridors and enclosed spaces.
However, given the importance of cover, there are an overwhelming number of things that are meant to prevent you from settling into one location and taking out foes at your own pace. Every piece of cover may be destroyed, and the majority of battles contain at least one foe who will actively work to keep you on the move.
When compared to Evil West, combat in West of Dead is quite different, but this change is for the better. You will like using firearms quite a bit, and when adversaries shoot at you, their shots will strike their targets unless you manage to evade them.
- West of Dead features a very unique visual design that almost looks 2D, with thick lines that make the game appear more prominent.
- The art style for West of Dead was done by notorious comic book artist Mike Mignola.
- West of Dead features a pretty good roguelike shooting gameplay that can be fun for some players.
- The atmosphere of West of Dead is great, as it features a dark and creepy theme that is very chilling.
- The movement and combat in West of Dead feel way too clunky and unsatisfying.
- There is way too much grinding and luck factor involved in West of Dead, which can make things very frustrating.
- There is a game-breaking bug present towards the end of West of Dead.
- The dungeons are not designed very well in West of Dead, as a lot of them get repetitive very quickly.
- The story in West of Dead does not do a good job of grabbing your attention and is a bit uninteresting.
BloodRayne 2: Terminal Cut
- Developer: Terminal Reality
- Platforms: PlayStation 2, Xbox, Microsoft Windows
- Release Date: 20 Nov, 2020
The gameplay of BloodRayne 2 is quite similar to those of other classic beat-em-up video games. After entering a chamber, various foes arrive as generic techno music begins to play. After dispatching all of them, you see a brief cinematic that demonstrates how to proceed with the game. Evil West also has a structure or layout that is quite similar to this one.
Carpathian Dragons are a pair of vampiric weapons that can fire in half-dozen distinct modes each. Rayne has been loaded with these guns, which are a burden. The idea that after they run out of blood for ammo, they would begin to drain Rayne’s health with each trigger pull is an interesting one. They utilize Rayne’s blood as ammunition.
Rayne is a human-feeding vampire, which is contrary to the culture of Evil West, which often promotes the death of vampires. However, the primary forms of combat include close-quarters fighting with melee weapons and firearms, as well as blocking and avoiding blows from adversaries and other obstacles.
Although the upgrade and skill systems in Evil West are much improved, players will find that the gameplay is mostly the same. Even if you don’t need the health, it is far more effective just to use the returning feed feature to drink everyone to death rather than risk losing it.
- BloodRayne 2: Terminal Cut features a good amount of gores that many players will love.
- The graphics and been greatly improved and refined in BloodRayne 2: Terminal Cut.
- The cutscenes in BloodRayne 2: Terminal Cut have been executed very well and look beautiful.
- Rayne is one of the most entertaining and appealing characters you can witness in a video game.
- BloodRayne 2: Terminal Cut is a very good sequel to its predecessor and continues its events.
- There is no leveling or crafting system in BloodRayne 2: Terminal Cut, which can turn off some players.
- The controls in BloodRayne 2: Terminal Cut are horrible and very inconsistent while being unsatisfying.
- BloodRayne 2: Terminal Cut features a very awkward combat system that gets a bit annoying over time.
- Developer: Dontnod Entertainment
- Platforms: Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, PC Steam
- Release Date: 5 June 2018
It seems to me that Vampyr is the worthy successor of Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines, which was a very popular smash hit. Nevertheless, if you were to get rid of vampires, the fighting, skills, and interaction with non-playable characters would more or less remind you of Evil West as well.
The narrative of Vampyr is bolstered by the power of choice since the outcome of thousands of people’s lives depends on your ability to put your own requirements behind those of the greater good. On the other side, you won’t discover a choice system anywhere in Evil West because there isn’t one.
Vampyr is completely sold on the concept of Reid functioning as a selfless medical professional. He is the human who was converted into a vampire who constantly dedicates himself to ensuring the patients’ well-being and attending to their numerous requirements.
Vampyr is an action role-playing game with an emphasis on role-playing, and there is often a layer of storyline tied to the gameplay. It is quite simple to form emotional connections with its motley cast of people. We believe that the fighting and the process of unraveling the tale are the two primary components that are shared by both Vampyr and Evil West. Rest assured, the latter game is not at all like the game that came before it.
- Vampyr features an incredibly unique narrative that makes it stand out from other games that are focused on vampires.
- The difficulty in Vampyr is very fair, as it does not feel too difficult but is challenging enough to feel rewarding.
- There are a lot of unique gameplay mechanics introduced in Vampyr, making it an incredibly innovative game.
- The atmosphere of Vampyr is great, as it does a very good job of immersing you in the dark, 20th-century London.
- The soundtrack in Vampyr is very good, as you might find yourself listening to it even after completing the game.
- The combat in Vampyr is not the best and feels a bit unsatisfying and clunky.
- The level design in Vampyr is awful and can get frustratingly repetitive very quickly.
- If you die in Vampyr, you get an incredibly long loading screen that can sometimes last up to 10 minutes.
- The story in Vampyr does not have the best writing.
- Developer: Luca Galante
- Platforms: macOS, Windows, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S
- Release Date: November 10, 2022
The horde mode is the centerpiece of the rogue-like video game Vampire Survivors, which also has other game modes. Your only mission is to choose a player character, navigate the expansive battlefields, and eliminate each enemy that approaches you as you fight to stay alive in the face of an onslaught of foes. The idea of Evil West is very similar to that of the game Vampire Survivors, in which the objective is to eliminate anything that even remotely resembles a vampire.
Vampire Survivors begins off easy enough. You simply need to utilize the left analog stick to navigate about, and your attacks will be carried out at certain intervals automatically. The influence of Castlevania may be seen immediately since the game begins with you wielding a whip and pits you against eerie monsters from traditional horror video games as well as inventive, unique inventions.
In addition to this, some combinations of weapons and accessories provide access to very potent evolutions that have the potential to shift the tide even in the game’s most critical moments. It is difficult to adequately describe the overwhelming sense of fulfillment that comes from knowing that your relentless onslaught of assaults has made it impossible for your adversaries to harm you.
Vampire Survivors is a show that enjoys playing with your assumptions before fully defying them. When you play Evil West, you’ll see that the same aspect is there. There are a plethora of hidden objectives, accomplishments, and activities strewn throughout Vampire Survivors. Pursuing each one just enriches the overall experience by adding new dimensions and mechanisms that serve to ensure that you are continually challenged and rewarded for your efforts.
- There is a wide variety of weapons in Vampire Survivors, with each weapon having its own attributes and playstyle.
- You can unlock many meaningful things in Vampire Survivors that deepen the overall gameplay experience.
- Vampire Survivors is an incredibly cheap game, as such, it is always worth it to give it a shot.
- The controls in Vampire Survivors are pretty simple and very easy to get into for new players.
- There is over 100 hours worth of content in Vampire Survivors, making it more than worth the cost.
- The lore of Vampire Survivors can be a big letdown for some players, as it is not very engaging or well-written.
- Vampire Survivor has a very inconsistent art style that can look a bit awkward to some players.
- The soundtrack in Vampire Survivors can feel a bit off and is not very memorable.
- The overall game design of Vampire Survivors can be a bit simple, which might disappoint some players.
- Developer: High Moon Studios
- Platforms: PlayStation 2, Xbox
- Release Date: August 16, 2005
This Darkwatch will transport you back to the age of the original Xbox or PlayStation 2, and the game is a perfect example of Games Like Evil West. The hybrid horror-Western concept of Darkwatch, and you’ll be playing as Cross, a guy of few words who holds down a job stealing trains to earn a livelihood.
You are determined to get that one final score, but regrettably, you choose the incorrect train. You end up freeing the soul of Satan’s son Lazarus when you blast the safe open, and he places a curse on you that causes you to turn into a vampire.
The opponents in Darkwatch are susceptible to harm, dependent on their position; nonetheless, it is feasible to decapitate and amputate most of them with the game’s more powerful weapons. Additionally, each gun provides you with a powerful melee assault, and the more vulnerable foes in the game may be eliminated with only one gratifying stroke from your weapon. This component is accessible in Evil West to a greater or lesser degree.
Darkwatch is a single-player campaign that has a lot of different aspects, although it is not very long. There is a wide range of enemies to face in this game, including banshees, zombies, skeletons armed with scythes and guns, and zombies possessed by banshees.
Darkwatch is a compelling shooter because it has a fun single-player story and exciting run-and-gun action, in spite of the fact that it does not have a great multiplayer component. When compared to the game’s experience for a single-player, Evil West’s multiplayer mode has a much higher value.
- Darkwatch features one of the most unique vampire narratives, which is very interesting to see unfold.
- The multiplayer mode in Darkwatch was executed very well and was very fun to play with friends.
- The controls in Darkwatch are very responsive and easy to understand, making the overall game very satisfying.
- You can completely immerse yourself in Darkwatch and escape the real world for a little bit.
- The gameplay of Darkwatch is incredibly satisfying, as you can blow the head off your enemies in flashy ways.
- The sound design of Darkwatch is incredible for its time, as a lot of the sounds add to the immersion.
- There is not a lot of weapon variety available in Darkwatch, which can limit the gameplay a lot.
- Darkwatch is only playable on the original Xbox and PS2 consoles, which the majority of the players do not have.
- The characters in Darkwatch are not written very well and can seem a bit underwhelming.
- The dialogue can feel a bit awkward and unnatural sometimes in Darkwatch, which is disappointing.
Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare
- Developer: Rockstar San Diego
- Platforms: PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
- Release Date: October 26, 2010
As the plot of Undead Nightmare progresses, it becomes abundantly evident that occurrences very similar to those seen in the first game are taking place over the whole of the map. The environment of Red Dead Redemption has a very distinct personality when played in Undead Nightmare. There is a significant portion of the population that is either already dead or has been reanimated. However, even from the start, Evil West’s world is a chaotic place.
You are unable to undertake tasks or even sleep or save your progress inside towns until they have been freed from enemy control. When you enter a town that is under attack, your first objective should be to wipe off the zombie population that is there fully. If you provide part of your ammunition to the survivors, they will be able to help you quite a little more effectively.
After entering the town, you make a decision on whether or not you would provide the residents with ammunition, and you then proceed to murder as many people as possible. When compared to their cowboy counterparts, undead foes do not provide nearly as much of a battle.
In the Undead Nightmare multiplayer mode, which is called Undead Overrun, there is room for up to four players to compete against one another. Even though Evil West has support for a two-player co-op, the game is purely story-driven, and there is very nothing to do outside of the story.
- Undead Nightmare is a great expansion pack, as it features new campaign content and many more things.
- There are new online modes introduced in Undead Nightmare that are very fun.
- Undead Nightmare has over 8 hours of content, which is priced only at 10 dollars.
- The atmosphere in Undead Nightmare is very good and almost makes it seem like a standalone game.
- All of the classic characters from Red Dead Redemption make their return in Undead Nightmare.
- Undead Nightmare is worth the price and is a must-play expansion for everyone that has played the original Red Dead Redemption.
- The ending of Undead Nightmare might feel a bit underwhelming and incomplete to some players.
- You cannot play Undead Nightmare on any new system, as it is only available on the PS3 and Xbox 360.
- The AI in Undead Nightmare is not programmed well and does not prove to be useful a lot of the time.
- A lot of the things from Red Dead Redemption were changed in Undead Nightmare, which some players might not appreciate.
That wraps up our Games Like Evil West guide, and we could only find these 14 titles that match the most with the game. Do you think more games could easily fall on our list? Let us know more about it in the comments section below.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍