Psychonauts 2’s Questionable Area definitely has its share of mysteries, one of which is the broken Fierro’s Funicular that’s just asking to be fixed. The aforementioned train ride in the Questionable Area is currently out of order since it’s missing some gears. However, if you really want to fully explore the Questionable Area in Psychonauts 2, you’ll definitely want to fix the Funicular. Not only does it grant you access to the upper level, which has its own share of collectibles, but it also lets you get a closer look at what is perhaps the only real mystery in the Questionable Area – the Upside-Down Waterfall.
- In Psychonauts 2 there is a train with the name Funicular in the Questionable Area of the game. The train can not work as it is losing some gears.
- For you to fully explore the Questionable Area you will need to fix it by finding all the gears needed. The train allows you to access the upper level, which has a bunch of collectibles.
- The First Gear: The first gear for the Funicular can be found near the machine itself. Pick it up and place it onto the bottom right axle of the machine.
- The Second Gear: For the second gear, move to the right of the machine, and besides the trees, you will find it. Pick it up and place it onto the top right axle.
- The Third Gear: The third gear is a bit more tricky to find. Follow the steps in this guide after moving to the left area of the machine. Pick it up and place it onto the bottom left axle.
How to Fix the Funicular in Psychonauts 2
Repairing the broken train ride in the Questionable Area requires you to find three of its gears. Once you’ve found them, you’ll have to attach each gear in its correct position on the machine using Telekinesis.
The first gear
You can find the initial component required for fixing the Funicular in Psychonauts 2 right in front of the machine as you approach it.
Use Telekinesis to big up the cogwheel and put it back onto the bottom-right axle, as shown.
The second gear
The next piece of the puzzle is a little off to the side. As you’re facing the broken machine, turn right. As you do so, you should be able to spot a bench and a tree to its right. The gear you seek lies between these two, resting against some rocks.
Once again, use your mind powers to do the heavy lifting, and place the gear onto the top-right axle.
You may also be interested in all Emotional Baggage locations in Hollis’ Classroom!
The third gear
You’re now onto the last piece of broken machinery needed to fix Fierro’s Funicular in Psychonauts 2’s Questionable Area. This piece, however, is a little trickier to find. Firstly, take a left from the machine, and you will see two benches. Out of these, you need to go behind the right bench. You should subsequently see two archways on your right that pass underneath the train tracks. Finally, look towards the wall between the two archways. You’ll find the third gear here, snuggled in some shrubbery.
Take your prize and affix it to the bottom-left axle on the machine.
The machine will instantly spring to life, emitting black puffs of smoke as it drives the Funicular train ride up the mountainside of the Questionable Area.
Did you enjoy your well-earned ride to the top after fixing Fierro’s Funicular in Psychonauts 2? Moreover, let us know if the collectibles you found up there were worth it! If not, we suggest taking a look behind the Upside-Down Waterfall – we hear it’s a good place for some rare fungi.
You need to find and reattach three gears onto the broken machine.
Finding and reattaching the broken gears won’t take you more than a minute.
Fixing it will allow you to visit the areas above, which have their own share of collectibles such as PSI cards. You also need to get up there to complete the optional mission of finding the Rare Fungus for Lili.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍