The latest entry in the portfolio of Lego games is Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga. Released on April 5th, 2022, the title is clearly the biggest Lego title ever to date. It’s packed with nine classes, some of the best character skills, and features nostalgic ships and characters such as Razor Crest, Boba Fett, and much more.
Since many people are probably going to try out this Lego-centric reinvigoration of the Star Wars franchise, this guide will cover the two different Lego Star Wars The Skywalker editions and help you get to the bottom of your purchasing decision. Without any further ado, then, let’s jump right in.
Recommended From eXputer – Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga How to Save
LEGO Star Wars The Skywalker Editions Explained
As iterated earlier, Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga has seeped into its release with the help of two different editions. We’re going to break both of these down into separate sections, so you can find out everything you need to know about them, including their prices and the content they encompass.
Check out the key differences between the standard and deluxe edition:
|$59.99 (Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch), $22.99 (PC - Steam)
|$69.99 (Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch), $26.99 (PC - Steam)
|Base game with all 9 Skywalker saga episodes
|Base game, 7 downloadable character packs,
|Approximately 300 playable characters
|Luke Skywalker with Blue Milk minifigure
|Luke Skywalker with Blue Milk minifigure
The LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga Standard Edition offers the base game, featuring all nine episodes of the Skywalker phase in Star Wars, with access to a wide array of 300 characters. Here’s what you can expect from this edition:
- Content: This edition includes the core game, allowing you to progress through missions, unlock characters as you go, and explore various character classes. Players also have the option to unlock rare ships and characters using cheat codes.
- Core Gameplay Features: You won’t miss out on any of the fundamental gameplay elements that make the LEGO Star Wars series enjoyable. It offers the complete game experience, minus the additional perks included in the Deluxe Edition.
- Platform Availability: The Standard Edition is available on various platforms, including Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch, and PC.
- Pricing: The Standard Edition is priced at approximately $59.99 on major consoles. However, on PC, you can acquire it for a lower cost of $22.99 on Steam, where you’ll also receive an exclusive classic Obi-Wan Kenobi playable character when purchasing directly from this platform.
Notable in-game features include the ability to explore any major trilogy without the need to complete previous story missions and a vibrant, open-world gameplay experience.
While the Standard Edition provides access to all the game’s native mechanics, opting for this version means missing out on some enthusiast-grade extras that come with the Deluxe Edition.
An Interesting Read: Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga Datacards Locations
Deluxe Edition offers some extra goodies for fans willing to invest a bit more. Here’s what you can expect from this edition:
Price: The Deluxe Edition costs about $10 more than the Standard Edition on all major consoles, including Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Nintendo Switch. However, if you purchase it directly from Steam on PC, you can get it for $26.99.
Content: The Deluxe Edition includes the base game, just like the Standard Edition. In addition to that, you receive a total of 7 downloadable character packs. These character packs are:
- The Mandalorian Season 1
- The Mandalorian Season 2
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Classic Characters
- Solo: A Star Wars Story
- Star Wars: The Bad Batch
- Trooper Pack
Depending on where you purchase the Deluxe Edition, you may also receive a collectible Luke Skywalker with Blue Milk minifigure as part of your purchase. These character packs and collectible minifigure are sure to appeal to Star Wars fans and provide additional content to enhance your gameplay experience.
In summary, the Deluxe Edition offers the base game along with 7 character packs and a collectible Luke Skywalker minifigure, in addition to all the existing game content.
Differences Between Both Editions
The following is a round-up of the major differences between the two Lego Star Wars The Skywalker editions.
- LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga Standard Edition: This edition costs $59.99 on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Nintendo Switch. On PC, the digital version is available for a lower price, specifically $22.99 at the time of writing.
- LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga Deluxe Edition: The Deluxe Edition of the game, for major consoles like Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Nintendo Switch, is priced at $69.99. On PC, it can be purchased for as low as $26.99 through Steam.
- LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga Standard Edition: This version includes only the base game, featuring all nine chapters of the Skywalker saga.
- LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga Deluxe Edition: The Deluxe Edition offers additional content, such as a free Luke Skywalker figurine and 7 downloadable character packs, in addition to the base game.
More From eXputer: Lego Star Wars Studs Farming [100k Per Run].
LEGO Star Wars The Skywalker Saga Steel Book Case
The LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga SteelBook case is a special edition of the game that was initially available for pre-order exclusively at Best Buy. It features a high-quality SteelBook case with Han Solo frozen in carbonite on the cover. SteelBook cases are known for their durability and artistic design, making them a collector’s item for many gamers.
However, it’s important to note that this unique edition of the game was only available during the pre-sale phase. As of the game’s release, there have been limited listings for the LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga with the SteelBook case. One such listing is on Best Buy Canada, where it’s available for the PlayStation 4 console at a price of $69.99.
If you’re interested in acquiring this specific edition, it’s a good idea to keep an eye out for any new listings or limited releases from popular online marketplaces. Please note that availability may vary depending on your location and platform.
We’ve outlined the main differences in the guide above, so here’s hoping that you won’t find any trouble when choosing between the two Lego Star Wars The Skywalker editions.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍