Like all entries in this series, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 is about choice. There are almost fifty different heroes and villains in the game, and players get to pick and choose whichever combinations suit them best.
But when you have so much variety in team builds, it’s straightforward to get overwhelmed with choice. All characters in this game are useful to a degree, but not all combinations are balanced.
You can still utterly wreck the enemy with an unbalanced team. But sometimes, a finely tuned squad helps make all the difference in the world.
So with this Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 best team guide, we’ll outline some of the best combinations in the game.
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 Best Team Guide
Now, this goes without saying, but your priority should always be to go with your gut instinct. If you have your own particular Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 best team that works for you, then stick with it. Different players will find other characters useful.
This guide is not intended to make you play a particular way. The purpose of this article is to help you discover some of the most powerful teams in the game, in case players hit a roadblock and require a slight edge.
With that said, let’s take a look at all of the Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 teams:
All Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 Teams
- Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D: Black Widow, Hawkeye, Captain America, Iron Man, Spider-Man and Wolverine.
- Agile Fighters: Black Panther, Black Widow, Daredevil, Gamora, Hawkeye, Iron Fist, Miles Morales, Nightcrawler, Spider-Gwen and Spider-Man.
- Anti-Heroes: Deadpool, Ghost Rider, Venom and Wolverine.
- Avengers: Black Panther, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Crystal, Falcon, Hawkeye, Hulk, Iron Man, Scarlet Witch, Thor and Wasp.
- Back In Black: Black Panther, Black Widow, Ghost Rider and Venom.
- Big Brains: Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Hulk, Iron Man, Ms. Marvel and Spider-Man.
- The Crew: Black Panther, Falcon, Luke Cage and Storm.
- Cutting Edge: Black Panther, Deadpool, Drax, Gamora, Nightcrawler, Psylocke and Wolverine.
- Defenders: Daredevil, Doctor Strange, Hulk, Iron Fist and Luke Cage.
- Family Values: Gamora and Thor.
- Femme Fatales: Black Widow, Gamora and Psylocke.
- Forces Of Nature: Crystal, Star-Lord and Storm.
- Generations: Captain America, Captain Marvel, Falcon, Miles Morales, Ms. Marvel and Spider-Man.
- Gods And Demons: Ghost Rider, Loki, Storm and Thor.
- Guardians Of The Galaxy: Captain Marvel, Drax, Gamora, Rocket & Groot and Star-Lord.
- Heavy Hitters: Drax, Hulk, Luke Cage, Ms. Marvel, Thor and Venom.
- Martial Artists: Daredevil, Gamora, Iron Fist, Psylocke and Wolverine.
- Marvel Royalty: Black Panther, Crystal, Rocket & Groot, Star-Lord, Storm and Thor.
- Midnight Sons: Doctor Strange, Ghost Rider and Scarlet Witch.
- New Avengers: Daredevil, Doctor Strange, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Spider-Man and Wolverine
- Original Avengers: Hulk, Iron Man, Thor and Wasp.
- Partners: Black Widow, Captain America, Falcon, Hawkeye, Rocket & Groot and Venom.
- Ultimate Alliance 3: Crystal, Drax, Falcon, Gamora, Miles Morales, Rocket & Groot, Scarlet Witch, Spider-Gwen, Star-Lord and Wasp.
- Villains: Deadpool, Magneto and Venom.
- Web Warriors: Black Widow, Miles Morales, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Man and Venom.
- Wise Cracking Warriors: Deadpool, Rocket & Groot and Star-Lord.
- Women Of Marvel: Black Widow, Captain Marvel, Crystal, Elsa Bloodstone, Gamora, Ms. Marvel, Psylocke, Scarlet Witch, Spider-Gwen, Storm and Wasp.
- X-Force: Deadpool, Nightcrawler, Psylocke, Storm and Wolverine.
This list includes all of the most useful and balanced teams in the entire game, but it’s pretty long. So we’ll try and help you pick the one most suited to your playstyle.
How To Choose Your Team
As you may have noticed from the list above, quite a few characters appear in multiple Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 best teams. Each of them have their unique abilities and combos, and they synergise differently with other members.
More Articles: BioShock 4 Might Feature an Open-World Setting.
The best way to choose a team from this list is to pick particular individuals you know, and then look at who they work best with.
This requires a bit more explanation, so now we’ll go over some of the best characters individually.
Hulk: Few heroes inspire as much awe as the Hulk, and his abilities should be obvious to everyone at first glance. He’s also one of the most entertaining characters to play as.
He’s a powerhouse through and through, and adding him to your team ensures that you always have a high damage dealer. He can also take as much as he dishes out, being one of the most resilient heroes in the entire roster.
Wolverine: Not only is Wolverine a fan favorite, he’s also one of the most useful characters in the game with the most team combos. He deals a tremendous amount of damage by himself, and his attacks stagger enemies on top of that.
Furthermore, his healing factor ensures that he keeps recovering health over time. This lets him fit well into any squad, allowing him to take the brunt of the damage as other members attack from a safe distance.
Scarlet Witch: Scarlet Witch has gained a lot of popularity in recent years as a Marvel icon, and she’s fantastic in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 as well.
As a support hero, she’s great at allowing you to use attacks that slow down the enemy. Additionally, she’s also one of the few heroes that can heal her teammates, making her an invaluable addition into any group.
Spider-Man: Spider-Man is a fantastic addition to any team. His movements are fast and fluid, allowing him to stay one step ahead of the enemy. The signature web powers also allow the character to stay in the air for a long time.
He is also fairly capable of crowd control, with abilities that allow him to bind enemies and even deal damage in a wide area. This is also the original Spider-Man, but other characters like Spider-Gwen and Miles Morales can basically fill the same role as him.
Cyclops: As one of the most iconic X-Men, Cyclops’ Optic Blasts allow him to decimate bosses and other tougher enemies.
His attacks don’t really deal a lot of damage. But he specialises in dealing with sustained damage over a long period of time. This character is also extremely easy to use, and new players can get used to him fairly quickly.
Now I can keep going on, but these are among the best five characters in the game. If you stick to them as a baseline, you will have no problem finding the best team that works for you.
This has been eXputer’s Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 best team guide.