If you have logged in enough hours on Monster Hunter Rise, you would know that there are almost endless materials. To play the game effectively and to have imperative growth, you need to collect materials alongside each hunt.
Summarized information on all the afflicted materials:
|Afflicted Material||Afflicted Monster||Investing Level||Sell Price||How to Get|
|Bone||Lagombi, Volvidon, Arzuros||1-30||5000||A★1 Anomaly Quests for Specific Monsters and Lv. 1–30 Anomaly Investigations|
|Pelt||Aknosom, Royal Ludroth, Basarios , Baroth||1-30||5000||A★1 Anomaly Quests for Specific Monsters and Lv. 1–30 Anomaly Investigations|
|Blood||Tetranadon, Bishaten, Khezu, Daimyo Hermitaur||11-30||5500||A★2 Anomaly Quests for Specific Monsters and Lv. 11–30 Anomaly Investigations|
|Monster Bone||Aknosom, Royal Ludroth, Basarios||11-30||5500||A★2 Anomaly Quests for Specific Monsters and Lv. 11–30 Anomaly Investigations|
|Shell||Shogun Ceanataur, Blood Orange Bishaten, Somnacanth, Jyuratodus||21-30||6000||A★3 Anomaly Quests for Specific Monsters and Lv. 21–30 Anomaly Investigations|
|Scale||Tobi-Kadachi, Pukei-Pukei, Rathian, Anjanath||21-30||6000||A★3 Anomaly Quests for Specific Monsters and Lv. 21–30 Anomaly Investigations|
|Claw||Goss Harag, Aurora Somnacanth, Rakna Kadaki, Almudron||31+||6500||A★4 Anomaly Quests for Specific Monsters and Lv. 31+ Anomaly Investigations|
|Fang||Barioth, Nargacuga, Garanglom, Magnamalo||31+||6500||A★4 Anomaly Quests for Specific Monsters and Lv. 31+ Anomaly Investigations|
Methods Of Getting Afflicted Materials
There are a total of three methods in Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak through which you can collect the Afflicted Materials.
- Quest Rewards: You will get two or three items at least on a daily basis by completing the quests.
- Carving up a Monster: All afflicted materials have specific monsters. Each time you carve a monster, there will be a 20% chance of getting the afflicted material.
- Part Breaks: Upon each part break on those monsters, there is a 20% chance of getting the material.
I recommend you use different skills in order to maximize your afflicted materials yield. The Part Breaks method makes it easier to sever or break the monster’s parts. If you have the Part Breaker skill at maximum, then the Part damage will increase by 30%. Furthermore, you can use the Goodluck skill to increase the quest rewards.
To increase the chance of getting an Afflicted material by 20%, you will need Dango Hopping Skewer the Triple Rose Dango. If you complete all six Arena quests, you will receive the Feather of Mastery armor piece. It comes along with the Carving Master Skill that will allow you to carve a monster one additional time.
The Afflicted Bone, a new Master Rank crafting material in the Sunbreak DLC, drives players to engage in anomaly quests, hunts, and expeditions for rare armor items. While standard bone materials are found in Bonepiles, the elusive Afflicted Bone is only obtainable elsewhere.
In the MH Rise Sunbreak map, only three monsters drop the Afflicted Bone during anomaly quests:
1. Lagombi (Citadel and Frost Island): A massive ice-inflicting beast; carry Nulberries for the impending fight.
2. Volvidon (Sandy Plains, Citadel, and Lava Caverns): A large creature causing paralysis; exploit weaknesses to ice and water attacks.
3. Arzuros (Flooded Forest, Shrine Ruins, and Citadel): A claw-focused monster weak to Fire and Dragon attacks; immune to water attacks.
There are four Afflicted monsters in Monster Hunter Rise who might drop Afflicted Pelt Material once you kill them. Make sure that you are defeating the monsters through Anomaly quests and not the normal ones. You will not be able to get any Afflicted Material if you kill a monster in a regular quest.
The Afflicted Monsters you need to fight for the Afflicted Pelt are Great Izuchi, Great Wroggi, Great Baggi, and Kulu Ya Ku. If you use the Carving up a monster or Parts break method, then there a 20% chances of the monster dropping an afflicted Pelt.
You can craft Jewels such as Hard Frost Jewel 3, Hard Blaze Jewel 3, and Hard Stream Jewel 3. When it comes to weapons, you can also craft and upgrade weapons like Antique Machina GS, Kamura Fine C. Blade, and Reaper Blade Boldus.
For the afflicted blood, you will first need to access two-star Anomaly Quests. To unlock the MR 20, you will first need to defeat Master Rank Ibushi so that the two-stars anomaly missions are playable.
There are four different monsters that give you a chance to collect Afflicted blood. They are:
- Tetranadon: A large Monster of Amphibians Species having a threat level of 2 is hostile in close range. You can find the monster in Shrine Ruins, Lava Caverns, The Jungle, and Frost Islands. The Monster is resistant to Ice, Dragon, and Water. However, it is most vulnerable to Thunder and Fire.
- Diamyo Hermitaur: It is a giant monster of the Carapaceon species. You can find it in The Jungle, Shrine Ruins, Sandy Plains, and Flooded Forest. It has a threat level of Five and is capable of Waterblight. It is vulnerable to the Thunder element attacks and resistant to Dragon and Water.
- Bishaten: It is a huge, fanged beast who is hostile when approached. You can find him in Shrine Ruins, Flooded Forest, and The Jungle. He is capable of inflicting poison and stunning, so be careful. Avoid Dragon, Water, and Thunder as he is immune to the first two and resistant to the third. Rather, use Ice and Fire as he is vulnerable to them.
- Khezu: Another huge but Flying Wyvern monster whom you can find in Lava Caverns and Frost Islands. It is a Thunder damage monster and can inflict Thunderblight, which will make you more susceptible to the Stun effect. He is vulnerable to Fire only and resistant to Ice, Thunder, Dragon, and Water.
However, keep in mind that usually, there is only a 20% chance of getting Afflicted Blood if you use only one method. Try to use combinations so you can maximize the yield. We recommend you go for Tetranadon as it has plenty of parts to break. It is slow, has the best hit zones, and has no special ability to put you at a disadvantage. You can use Afflicted Blood for crafting weapons and decorations.
Four monsters are capable of dropping the afflicted monster bone materials in Monster Hunter Rise. Remember, Afflicted Bone and Afflicted Monster Bone are different materials; do not relate them as many players do.
The monsters are:
- Large Bird Wyvern, threat level 2, fire element.
- Found in Frost Islands, The Jungle, and Shrine Ruins.
- Weak to Water, Ice, and Thunder (especially Thunder).
- Immune to Dragon and Fire.
- Large Leviathan, threat level 3, water element.
- Located in The Jungle, Lava Caverns, and Flooded Forest.
- Becomes hostile when attacked first.
- Weak to fire, and Water and Dragon have some effect; immune to Water.
- Water-element monster, threat level 3, causing Waterblight.
- Found exclusively in Sandy Plains.
- Weak to Fire and Ice, immune to Water and Thunder.
- Flying Wyvern, threat level 3, fire element, inflicts Poison, Sleep, and Fireblight.
- Found in Sandy Plains and Lava Caverns.
- Hostile at close range; beware.
- Only weak to the Dragon element.
The drop rates are 20% if you use Carves or Broken Parts method. You will get Afflicted Monster Bone as an extra material not directly from the carving. You can use the Afflicted Monster Bone to upgrade weapons to the highest rarity.
The Afflicted Shell can be collected by defeating these monsters:
- Shogun Ceanataur: A monster huge in size, having a threat level of 6, is of Carapaceon specie. Its element is water and is capable of inflicting Bleed. The monster is immune to the dragon and weak to water. However, the monster is most vulnerable to Fire and Thunder and weak to Ice. You can find the monster in Lava Caverns and Flooded Forest.
- Jyuratodus: A large monster of Piscine Wyvern class having a threat level of 4 can be found in Flooded Forest. The monster has a water element with Waterblight as an ailment. It is weak to thunder but resistant to dragon and ice and immune to water.
- Somnacanth: Belonging to the Leviathan species, it has no specific element and can be found in Flooded Forest, Lava Caverns, and Frost Islands. The monster is hostile at close range, has a threat level of 5, and is capable of inflicting Stun, Blastblight, and Sleep. Its weaknesses are Fire and Thunder; however, it is immune to Water, Dragon, and Ice.
- Blood Orange Bishaten: The huge fang beast has a threat level of 6. It can be found in Shrine Ruins, The Citadel, and Sandy Plains. The element of the monster is fire, and it is most vulnerable to water and resistant to Dragon and Fire.
You can use the Afflicted Shell to upgrade weapons like Rielle Tre Black, Ninja Master Sword, and Antique Machina DB. In decorations, you can use the Afflicted Shell for Refresh Jewel+ 4, KO Jewel+ 4, and Physique Jewel+ 4.
The monsters who have a chance of dropping the Afflicted Scale are:
- Pukei-Pukei: It is a large Bird Wyvern which has no element having a threat level of 4. You can find the monster in Sandy Plains, Shrine Ruins, and Flooded Forest. It has the ability to inflict Poison, and it is resistant to Dragon and Immune to Water. The monster’s weaknesses are Sleep, Paralysis, and Blast.
- Tobi-Kadachi: A large Fanged Wyvern monster who has Thunder as an element and is capable of inflicting Thunderblight on players. Its threat level is five and you can find it in The Jungle, Shrine Ruins, and Flooded Forest. The monster is weak to Dragon and immune to Thunder. However, it is most vulnerable to Water, Ice, and Fire.
- Anjanath: The monster of Brute Wyvern class has a deadly threat level of six. Its element is Fire and can damage you with its Fireblight ability. The monster can be found in plenty of locations, they are The Citadel, Shrine Ruins, The Jungle, Sandy Plains, Lava Caverns, and Flooded Forest. The monster is vulnerable to Ice and Water, while it is resistant to Dragon and Fire.
- Rathian: It is a Flying Wyvern having two elements: Poison and Fire. The monster can inflict Poison and Fireblight, and it has a threat level of 4. You can find the monster in Sandy Plains, Shrine Ruins, Flooded Forest, The Jungle, and Lava Caverns. The monster is vulnerable to Dragon and Thunder; however, it is immune to the Fire element.
You can use the Afflicted Scale Materials in Monster Hunter Rise to upgrade or craft weapons and decorations. You can use it for weapons like Royal Order’s Bowgun +, Fierce Moss Green +, and Twin Wyvern Bolts. For decorations, you can use the item for Sprinter Jewel +4, Bubble Jewel +4, and Mind’s Eye Jewel +4.
To collect the Afflicted Claw material in Monster Hunter Rise, you will need to battle against four monsters. All have a 20% chance of dropping the Afflicted Claw so use a mixture of methods mentioned above. The monsters are:
- Almudron: It is a Leviathan class large monster with a threat level of 7, the highest so far. Its element is water, and it can inflict Waterblight on its enemies. You can find it in Sandy Plains, Shrine Ruins, and Flooded Forest. The monster is vulnerable to Ice and Fire; however, it is resistant to water.
- Aurora Somnacanth: The Leviathans species giant monster has a threat level of 6. Its element is Ice, and you can find it in The Citadel and Frost Islands. The monster is resistant to Ice, the Dragon, and Water. You can use Thunder and Fire as it is most vulnerable to those elements.
- Goss Harag: It is another monster with a threat level of 7. However, the monster has a Fanged Beast class with an element of Ice. It is capable of inflicting Iceblight and is immune to Ice, Dragon, and Water. However, the monster is vulnerable to Fire. You can find the monster in The Citadel and Frost Island.
- Rakna-Kadaki: The giant monster belongs to the Temnocerans species having a threat level of 7. It has the element of Fire and is capable of inflicting Fireblight. You can find the monster in Lava Caverns and Sandy Plains. It is most vulnerable to Ice but immune to the Dragon, Thunder, and Fire.
You can use the Afflicted Claw to craft and upgrade weapons like Lampa Da Lavater, Seering Rathling Phoenix, and Ent Da Lavater. You can also use the material for crafting decorations such as Fungiform Jewel+ 4, Draw Jewel +4, and Precise Jewel +4.
These are the following monsters that can drop Afflicted Fang when you are in a battle with them:
- Barioth: The large monster is from the Flying Wyvern class with a threat level of 5. Its element is Ice and can inflict upon you the Iceblight. You can find the monster in The Citadel and Frost Islands. It is immune to Ice and resistant to the Dragon and Water; however, its weaknesses are Thunder and Fire.
- Magnamalo: The giant monster belongs to the class of Fanged Wyvern, having a threat level of 7. It has no element, but it is capable of Hellfireblight. You can find the monster in Frost Island, Shrine Ruins, and Lava Caverns. The monster is immune to Dragon and Fire and resistant to Ice; however, its weakness is only water.
- Nargacuga: It is a large monster of Flying Wyvern species having a threat level of 6. It has neither an element nor an ailment. The monster is hostile at close range and can be found in Shrine Ruins, Flooded Forest, and The Jungle. It is vulnerable to Thunder and Fire but resistant to the Dragon, Ice, and Water.
- Garangolm: The last monster is of the Fanged Beasts species having a threat level of 6. Its element is Fire and uses the Blastblight ability. You can find it in The Citadel and Flooded Forest. It is immune to the Dragon and Water but vulnerable to Thunder.
Use the Afflicted Fang for weapons like Giant’s Sword Goltsneit, Antique Machina LS, and Avidya Great Sword. It has a wide range of Decorations, and they are Earplug Jewel+ 4, Enhancer Jewel+ 4, Wirebug Jewel+ 4, Fate Jewel+ 4, and Hellfire Jewel+ 4.
These are all the Afflicted Materials present in Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak, and we hope you collect them with ease and fun. Use a combination of methods and team up with other players to maximize your yield. Don’t forget to follow the glowing red afflicted parts, which will allow you to make your way all the way to a monster’s body.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍