There is a secret method to catch Melloeta in the newly released Pokemon Scarlet/Violet Indigo Disk DLC. It is well hidden in the game, and I spent a couple of hours looking for it. Melloeta is one of the most beautiful Pokemon that can change its type during combat, so it’s definitely worth getting.
Pokemon Indigo Disk: Melloeta Location
- Melloeta is found inside the Terrarium of the Blueberry Academy in the Indigo Disk DLC.
- To get to Melloeta’s location in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet Indigo Disk, head near the Torchlit Labyrinth in the Coastal Biome.
- On the northeast side of the Labyrinth, three bushes are shown on the map; Melloeta is found between them.
- I have marked its exact location on the map.
Once you reach the location on the map, look for a tall tree, as shown in the picture below. To find the exact tree, notice the two yellow floral bushes near it. There is also a Tall green plant situated near them. You must stand between them to catch Melloeta.
During my experience, I noticed that sometimes Melloeta does not necessarily appear in the exact location shown above. So, if you cannot find it, keep searching for it around the plants in the exact area. Wait 1 to 3 seconds for a breeze to flow around you, and if it doesn’t, move on to other plants.
How To Catch Melloeta
Once you have found the location, there are a few extra steps that you need to do for Melloeta to appear.
- While standing between the plants, as mentioned above, twirl around by rotating your left stick in a circular motion until your avatar starts spinning.
- Make your character spin for at least 10 seconds, but you will have more luck running into Melloeta if you spin for 20 seconds.
- Immediately open your Camera by pressing the down button on your D-Pad.
- Set the Sepia filter on your Camera and look around to search for Melloeta.
- Once you have found Melloeta, close the camera.
- Melloeta will appear in the field, and you can capture it.
Strategy And Tips
I had a hard time catching Melloeta since it’s a Legendary Pokemon with low catch success rates. Make sure you are prepared before you try to catch it. Melloeta can use Relic Song to change her type to either Psychic or Fighting. The Melloeta you will encounter is Level 70. You can use Shiny Exploits if you want to get a Shiny Melloeta.
- Buy some Timer balls; the catch rate increases the longer you are in a battle.
- If you have any of your Pokemon, learn the move Thunderwave so you can paralyze Melloeta, making it easier to capture.
- If you are lucky, you can use a Quick Ball to catch Melloeta early during the battle.
- After paralyzing Melloeta, try lowering its HP, but make sure you don’t defeat it with a Super-Effective move.
- Do not use Fighting, Flying, Psychic, and Fairy moves against it as they are Super-Effective.
- If you want to take it easy, you can use a Master Ball that never fails. However, they are limited in the game.
My Thoughts On Melloeta
Melloeta is an excellent Pokemon to catch in Terrarium, especially if you are trying to complete your Pokedex. It is hard to acquire, and catching it can be tricky. It took me a long time to catch it; however, following the steps in my guide will help you get Melloeta easily in Pokemon Scarlet/Violet Indigo Disk DLC.
While venturing through Terrarium, you must defeat the Blueberry Elite Four across the map. Beating Drayton and Crispin was incredibly challenging. Check out the Pokemon Scarlet/Violet Walkthrough for more helpful guides.
- Pokemon Scarlet And Violet: Pokedex List With Stats
- Pokemon Scarlet and Violet: BEST Gym Order
- Pokemon Scarlet & Violet: Titan Guide
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍