Getting more storage boxes in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet is actually quite a simple method. If you are not in any hurry, then the game will increase your storage boxes automatically as you capture more pokemon. But there is a manual method to get more storage boxes, too, in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet.
- Storage boxes are spaces where you can store your additional pokemons.
- You can increase your total number of storage boxes to a maximum of 32 as of yet.
- Storage boxes can be accessed from the main menu at any point in the game.
Storage boxes have been a crucial part of every pokemon title, and scarlet and violet are no different. They allow players to store additional pokemons that they catch during their adventure. So, in this guide, we will have a look over both the available methods to get more storage boxes and also discuss what storage boxes actually are for the new players.
How To Get More Storage BoxesAt the start of your Pokemon Scarlet and Violet adventure, if you access the storage boxes from the menu, you can see that the initial total number of boxes provided to you is 8. This means that apart from the 8 pokemons you can have in their party, you can have 30 x 8 = 240 more pokemons. Given that 30 pokemons can be stored in 1 storage box.
The first thing that comes to mind after seeing this small number is how to get more storage boxes, and there are 2 methods of doing so.
To manually increase your storage boxes in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, follow these steps:
- Ensure you have a minimum of 17 Pokémon in your collection.
- Initially, when you open your storage box, you will see only 8 boxes available.
- Place 1 or more Pokémon (out of the 17 total) into each of the available boxes.
- Close the storage box menu and return to the normal game.
- Re-access the storage boxes, and you should now see that the total number of available boxes has doubled, resulting in 16 available boxes.
- Repeat this process by filling the newly available 16 storage boxes with 1 or more Pokémon (assuming you have 17 total Pokémon).
- Close the storage box menu again, then access it once more. You’ll notice that your total number of storage boxes has now increased to 32.
Now, you should have 32 available storage spaces to store your pokemon partners. 32 storage boxes mean that you can store a total of 960 pokemons, with 30 pokemons in each storage box. And since you can have 8 pokemon in your party, so the maximum number of pokemon you can have in the game is 968 as of yet.
In Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, you can automatically increase your storage boxes without any manual intervention.
Here’s how it works:
- Initially, you start with 8 storage boxes, allowing you to store up to 240 Pokémon.
- When you capture your 241st Pokémon and send it to your storage box, the game will automatically increase your total number of storage boxes to 16.
- Similarly, after capturing your 481st Pokémon and accessing the storage box tab, the game will once again automatically increase your total number of boxes to 32.
Why Should You Get More Storage Boxes
For all veteran Pokemon players, the concept of storage boxes is not a new one. But Pokemon Scarlet and Violet have attracted many new players to the pokemon world, for whom storage boxes are rather new.
Like all other pokemon titles, in scarlet and violet storage boxes are spaces where you put your extra pokemon in. Since you can only have 8 pokemons, at any time, in your party, hence the rest of the pokemons you catch are sent to the storage box. The idea of the storage box is to allow players to catch more than 8 pokemons.
Aside from storing additional, unused pokemon, storage boxes also allow players to organize their teams, store shiny pokemon, or even create a living Pokedex.
How To Access Storage BoxesUnlike previous Pokemon titles, you don’t need to travel to a certain place to access your storage boxes.
- While in the game, press the X button on your Nintendo Switch controller to open the Main Menu.
- Within the Main Menu, select and open the “Boxes” option.
- This will grant you access to your storage boxes, where you can switch Pokémon in and out or organize your collection.
- By pressing the “All boxes” button, you can see the total number of boxes available. A closed box icon indicates a box that is completely filled with 30 Pokémon, while an open box with a Poké Ball icon represents an unfilled storage box. An empty storage box will be displayed as an open box without any Pokémon icons.
- Please note that you can access your Pokémon boxes once you’ve reached Poco Park in the story and have the ability to capture Pokémon.
Pokemon Scarlet and Violet is the latest addition to the Pokemon titles. With smooth gameplay, fresh graphics, and whole new open-world mechanics, scarlet and violet have been a huge hit, just like their predecessors. The game has introduced players to a whole new region and an entire generation of new pokemon. Players have a lot to look out for when playing Pokemon Scarlet and Violet.
But just like the previous titles, some things remain the same. The concept of 8 gyms, farming money, items such as the amulet coin, and storage boxes; are the same as the previous pokemon games. Storage boxes are used to store additional pokemons that players catch during their adventure. With the help of storage boxes, players can catch and store different types of pokemon from the region and strategize to get an advantage in pokemon battles.
At present, players can only increase their storage boxes to a maximum of 32, with a maximum space of storing 960 pokemons. Players can hope to see an upgrade to this number in later updates of the game, allowing for more storage space. But this is the limit as of this moment in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet.
If you are having trouble in your pokemon scarlet and violet journey, do read Pokemon Scarlet And Violet Tips & Tricks. Or if you are a veteran player wondering about fossils in the game, check out our Fossils guide. You can also get all started in pokemon scarlet and violet, as explained in our How To Get All Starters guide. Let us know in the comments if you found this guide helpful.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍