While playing Redfall, you might encounter a voice narrating the on-screen text, which can be frustrating. The screen narrator, also known as text-to-speech, can be helpful for some players, but it may be distracting or unnecessary for others. By following these simple steps about Redfall how to turn off text to speech voice, you can easily turn off the screen narration and enjoy a more immersive gaming experience.
- To disable the screen narrator in Redfall, access the Settings Menu, navigate to Accessibility, locate Screen Narration and Text-To-Speech settings, and set both to Off.
- Save and confirm changes after adjusting the settings to ensure the screen narrator remains disabled.
- If the narrator persists, try double-checking the settings, quitting and reloading and restarting the Redfall, using the in-game screen reader shortcut, verifying device settings, or reinstalling the Redfall as troubleshooting steps.
How To Turn Off The Screen Narrator
To complete Redfall how to turn off text to speech voice on PC or consoles process, we recommend you follow these steps:
- Step 1: Access the Settings Menu.
- If you are currently in the Redfall, press the Menu button to open the pause screen.
- Use the LB and RB buttons to navigate to the Settings tab.
- If you’re on the title screen, use the Menu button, then pick System, and finally, Settings.
- Step 2: Go to Accessibility. Select the Accessibility option from the Settings menu.
- Step 3: Look for the Screen Narration and Text-To-Speech options.
- Locate the Communication area at the top of the Accessibility screen.
- Move the mouse to Screen Narration, which should be described as “Screen reader narrates on-screen UI elements and text.” (English support only.)”
- Below that, locate the Text-To-Speech setting, which should display the following information: “Converts typed text to narrated speech.”
- Step 4: Turn Off Screen Narration and Text-To-Speech Ensure that both Screen Narration and Text-To-Speech settings are set to Off.
- Step 5: Save and Confirm Changes.
- Exit the Settings menu, and you will see a message asking you to confirm your changes.
- Select the “Yes, I’m Sure” option before the timer runs out. If you miss the timer, you will need to repeat the steps to disable the screen narrator again.
If you have followed the steps to turn off the narrator in Redfall, but the voice is still reading the on-screen text, consider the following troubleshooting steps:
- Double-check Screen Narration: Return to the Communication section of the Accessibility screen and confirm that both Screen Narration and Text-To-Speech settings are disabled. If they are not, disable them.
- If you are currently playing the Redfall, try quitting it and then reloading your save file from the title screen. This might help refresh the settings and disable the narrator.
- Restart the video game: Quit Redfall from the Xbox Guide menu on Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S gaming devices. Then, from the dashboard’s home screen, launch the REdfall to restart it.
- If none of the above actions address the problem, consider reinstalling. To avoid losing your progress, make a backup of your save data before uninstalling.
Reinstalling can help reset any corrupted settings that might be causing the issue.
This is it from my side. I hope now you won’t be annoyed anymore and have learned from this Redfall how to turn off text to speech guide! Feel free to check out eXputer’s take on Redfall Multiplayer Not Working and Redfall review.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍