After you have boarded LeShip, you will find yourself in a middle of a complicated situation, with your end goal is getting out of the hold. There will be a series of tasks that you will have to complete, like convincing your crew members to vote, finding the flattened skull, and stealing LeChuk’s map. Today, we will guide you through the entire process of how to steal LeChuk’s map to Return to Monkey Island.
- After convincing the crew members to vote for Guybrush’s plan and finding the Flattened skull, the last thing you need to do before getting to Monkey Island is to find LeChuk’s map
- LeChuk’s map can be found in his cabin, guarded by LeChuk himself.
- You can force him to leave the cabin by ringing the bells located on the ship’s deck.
- Take LeChuk’s map and make sure to put the map of the mop tree in its place before you exit the cabin.
- To get to Monkey Island, get the Flattened skull to the other ship, load the skull you found earlier into the cannon, light it, and send it to the other ship.
- After that’s done, there will be a short cutscene, where Guybrush reveals his true identity and engages in a duel with LeChuk.
How To Steal LeChuk’s Map
Similar to Part 1, Part 2 of Return to Monkey Island features multiple objectives that you have to complete before you get to the next part. After you have escaped the ship’s hold, retrieved the Flattened skill, and convinced all of the crew members to visit Monkey Island, your final task in Part 2 will be to steal LeChuk’s Map.
Despite all the boasting and bragging of LeChuk about his security and the importance of the map, he doesn’t really do a good job of safekeeping it. Apparently, the map LeChuk owns is the only one of its type, and even though it isn’t that complicated to steal, you will still need to cover your tracks if you want to get to Monkey Island.
As you might’ve noticed, LeChuk can be found sitting in his cabin most of the time, and it’s impossible to steal the map on his watch. So, the first thing you need to do is to find a way to make him come out of his cabin. To do this, simply visit the ship’s deck and ring the bell located there on the far right.
After the bell has rung, LeChuk will come out of his cabin and will begin to shout at his crew. This is your chance to sneak into his cabin while he is away shouting at his crew.
Once you are inside the cabin, pick up the map and replace it with the map of the mop tree, which Wally made for Guybrush in the previous chapter.
Getting To Monkey Island
Assuming that you have cleared the concerns of all crew members and convinced them to vote Guybrush plan, all you need to do now is to get the Flattened skull to the other ship. To do this, simply load the skull you found earlier into the cannon, light it, and send it to the other ship.
After that’s done, there will be a short cutscene where Guybrush will reveal his true identity, leading you into a duel with LeChuck. Unfortunately, there is no way to win, and you will find yourself knocked down on the ocean floor eventually. There, the player will come to know about Guybrush’s remarkable breath-holding abilities, marking the start of Return to Monkey Island’s Part 3.
This concludes Chapter 2 of Return to Monkey Island, as well as our guide on LeChuk’s Map. Let us know about your adventures in the comments below.
Return to Monkey Island is currently available for Microsoft Windows and Nintendo Switch.
Next: Return to Monkey Island Review
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍