Our Soul Hackers 2 how to defeat R.S. guide focuses on the first boss of the game. Let us begin our guide by discussing R.S. and the best way to defeat him and progress further. He is just one of the many bosses you will face in the game.
- R.S. is the first boss in Soul Hackers 2 and is accompanied by a Bicorn in battle.
- As players head into battle they should know that R.S. is weak against Ice and Force elements.
- R.S. has three moves: Beastly Fist, Power Charger, and Danger Zone.
- On the other hand, Bicorn is weak against Electric and forced elements.
- Bicorn has two moves: Charge and Heat Wave.
Who Is R.S. In Soul Hackers 2?
R.S. is the first boss that the players will encounter in the game. Atlus is known to make their bosses have unexpected difficulty spikes in their games. In some other Shin Megami Tensei games, even the intro boss can kill you easily if you aren’t too careful.
Furthermore, R.S. is the short form for Rhyme Soldier. The dude is very confident in his skills and is very arrogant when the player first interacts with him. He is also appropriately named as he does drop some rhymes before the boss fight begins.
Now let us discuss how to beat him. We will mention the move R.S and his Bicorn use and what element will hit them hard and knock them out.
Soul Hackers 2 How To Defeat R.S?
There are some things that the players should know beforehand. R.S. won’t arrive at the battlefield by himself. Accompanying him will be his trusty stead, who is an aggressive Bicorn. We will list the weaknesses of both R.S and his Bicorn.
Moreover, hitting the enemies with an element they are weak to knocks them out for a turn and gives the player an extra turn. When all the enemies are knocked out, you have maximum advantage. If you have played other JRPGs, then this is nothing new.
Thankfully in Soul Hackers 2, the first boss is fairly simple, but he can defeat you if he catches you off-guard. We are here to make sure that doesn’t happen, so make sure you read our Soul Hackers 2 how to defeat R.S. guide till the end.
The Elements That Rhyme Soldier Is Weak Against
The first element is Ice. Going into the battle, you are almost certainly going to have access to Ice attacks, so just use them on him whenever you get the chance. Missing out on using the strongest possible attack can be devastating.
Force is the second element that Rhyme Soldier is weak against. It is another one of the many elements that are present in the game. Even if you don’t have access to Force, you can just use Ice to know him out cold, pun intended.
Moveset of R.S.
There are a total of three moves that the boss will be using during the entire fight. We are going to mention and discuss all three of these so we can provide you with a valid counter.
- Beastly Fist: You can probably already guess by the name what the move does. R.S. will aggressively strive for one of your party members and will deal physical damage. The damage he does isn’t much, and it is limited to only one character. That makes the move easy to deal with.
- Power Charger: Next up, we have Power Charger. What we have here is a simple charge-up attack that boosts his physical damage. It goes together with the next move, which is his special, called Danger Zone. It is wise to guard when you feel like he has fully charged up.
- Danger Zone: Lastly, we have Rhyme Soldier’s strongest move called Danger Zone. It is an insane AOE attack that will deal high physical damage to your entire party. This is what we meant when we said R.S. can catch you off-guard.
That is all you need to know about R.S. Next up, we will discuss Bicorn in detail, it is a support-type enemy boss and its main purpose is to buff teammates. You should prioritize knocking Bicorn out first, and to do so, you will need to know its weaknesses.
The Weaknesses Of Bicorn
Bicorn, like his master, is also weak against two elements. The first one is Electric. So strike him down with thunder-based attacks. Just a single hit will knock him out and will give him an extra chance to strike.
The second element that Bicorn is weak against is Force. So both of these bosses are weak against this one element. Like if you can’t use that, there is no need to worry; you have other options. Next, let’s discuss Bicorn’s moves. Continue reading our Soul Hackers 2 how to defeat R.S. guide to learn more.
The Moveset of Bicorn
Unlike R.S. Bicorn only has two moves. Both of these are support moves because, as mentioned earlier, Bicorn is a support-type enemy. Let us discuss each of these in a bit more detail so we can tell you how to counter them.
- Attack: Well, this one is pretty self-explanatory. Bicorn runs forwards and hits a single party member directly and that hit causes physical damage. You don’t need to worry about the attack much, as it is a regular move. Be cautious, though, if you are low on health.
- Rakukaja: What we have here is a recurring move in Shin Megami Tensei games. Rakukaja increases the defense of all the enemies that are present in front of you. Thankfully, for now, there are only two, so you won’t have to worry much.
Finally, we are done with discussing the weaknesses and moves of both the boss and his sidekick. Now we will talk about strategy. Keep reading our Soul Hackers 2 how to defeat R.S. guide; we are almost at the end.
Strategy To Defeat R.S.
Although there isn’t any serious need for it, we recommend that you grind the dungeon a bit more before you head into the fight. It will help you get some extra useful items and will also naturally level up your party.
We understand why most players won’t want to grind so early on in the game. It is fine; you can safely skip it, and you won’t face any unforeseen consequences. The fight, for the most part, is relatively simple.
Moreover, first and foremost, use the character who has the Ice element to attack R.S. while your other party should hit Bicorn. For the most part, Bicorn won’t be a problem; just stun him and get your party back to beating up on R.S.
As we mentioned before in our Soul Hackers 2, how to defeat R.S. guide that Bicorn can only increase the defense of himself and R.S. Normally, the defense boost would’ve been a problem, but in this situation, it is almost unnoticeable.
By now, you should absolutely have access to all the elemental skills you will need to absolutely annihilate R.S. We recommend that you regularly use Dia to heal any party members who are low on health. Having access to a demon who possesses Dia is necessary for every battle.
In addition, with your entire party beating up R.S., soon he will drop to 50 percent health. When he does, he starts taking the battle extra seriously. It is now that he will attempt to hit your team with his special Danger Zone move.
Like we said when we discussed the move early, just guard as soon as you think R.S. is ready to hit you. Now it just becomes a matter of time; just keep using the elemental attacks while keeping your party alive, and soon R.S. will be defeated.
And that brings our guide to an end. We covered everything you need to know about the boss and his fellow boss/sidekick. We hope our guide helped you with R.S. if he was halting your progression.
Soul Hackers 2 does something similar to Persona 4 in its opening. They throw a boss at you when you have few skills at your disposal. It helps you pinpoint the weakness of the boss by yourself, and you learn the mechanics of the game.
Very smart strategy to get the player invested in the game’s combat system. Atlus hasn’t disappointed us in recent years, and we hope they keep up their awesome streak. You can buy Soul Hackers 2 on PC through Steam.
What do you think about the game? Did you like the characters? Is the combat as cool as Persona? What is your favorite Atlus game? Let us know all about it in the comments section below.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍