In Star Wars Jedi Survivor, players are introduced to a variety of combat stances, each offering its own unique skills and abilities. Among these stances, the Crossguard Lightsaber has gained significant attention due to its distinct fighting style and heavy-hitting capabilities. The Star Wars Jedi Survivor Crossguard stance sacrifices speed for power, allowing players to break through enemy defenses with relative ease.
What Is The Crossguard Stance?
The Crossguard Stance in Star Wars Jedi Survivor is a unique and powerful fighting style that offers a different approach to lightsaber combat compared to other stances. This stance focuses on dealing heavy damage with slower, more deliberate swings, making it a high-skill and high-reward playstyle. To help you better understand the Crossguard Stance, here’s a brief overview:
- Weapon Design: The Crossguard Lightsaber features a main blade and two smaller blades that form a crossguard, giving it a distinct appearance and providing the basis for its powerful attacks.
- Combat Style: The Crossguard Stance emphasizes hard-hitting, sweeping attacks with a longer reach, making it excellent for dealing with single targets and groups of enemies.
- Gameplay Mechanics: Due to its slower attack speed, players need to focus on precise timing and spacing to effectively utilize the Crossguard Stance, making it a challenging but rewarding choice for experienced players.
Unlocking The Crossguard Stance
Unlike other stances that can be acquired through exploration, the Crossguard stance becomes available as players progress through specific story events. To access the Shattered Moon and Crossguard stance in Star Wars Jedi Survivor, follow these steps:
- Progress Through The Main Story: As you complete the primary objectives on planet Jedha, you will eventually be presented with two new primary objectives to choose from. One of these will lead you to the Shattered Moon.
- Choose The Shattered Moon Objective: To unlock the Crossguard stance, opt for the Shattered Moon mission. This location is essential for acquiring the powerful Star Wars Jedi Survivor Crossguard stance.
- Unlike the planet Koboh, the Shattered Moon is non-linear, allowing players to unlock the Crossguard stance more easily.
- As you progress through the Shattered Moon’s main story quest, you’ll reach the Superstructure Fabricators area.
- Locate The Device In Superstructure Fabricators: Once you’re in the Superstructure Fabricators area, look for a High Republic device on a table. Picking up this device will trigger a boss fight with Drya Thornne.
Defeating Drya Thornne
Successfully defeating Drya Thornne in Star Wars Jedi Survivor requires strategy, focus, and responsiveness. Here are some tips for overcoming this challenging boss fight:
- Familiarize yourself with his moves and learn to anticipate his actions. This will help you dodge and counterattack more effectively.
- Use abilities like Force Push or Force Slow to disrupt Drya Thornne’s attacks and create openings for your own strikes.
- Monitor your stamina closely and refrain from pushing yourself too hard. If you run out of stamina, you’ll be vulnerable to Drya Thornne’s powerful attacks.
- Use heavy attacks or Force abilities to break through Drya Thornne’s defenses, leaving him open to follow-up strikes.
- Drya Thornne possesses the ability to become invisible, making it difficult to track him. Stay on the move and listen for audio cues to locate him when he’s out of sight.
- Use your stim packs strategically to maintain your health during the fight. Don’t be too hasty to heal, as it may leave you open to attacks.
After beating the boss, a short video will show Cal going to a close workbench, using some tools, and customizing his lightsaber to get the Crossguard stance ready for use.
Strengths & Weaknesses
In Star Wars Jedi Survivor, the Crossguard Stance offers several strengths and weaknesses that players should be aware of when choosing this playstyle:
- High Damage Output: The Crossguard Stance delivers the most powerful attacks among all lightsaber stances.
- Above-Average Range: The increased blade length provides better reach than other stances.
- Knockdown Capability: Some attacks have the potential to knock enemies down, creating openings for follow-up strikes.
- Slow Attack Speed: The powerful swings require longer wind-up and recovery times, leaving players vulnerable during animations.
- Difficult Group Combat: Managing multiple enemies can be challenging due to the slower attack speed and lack of crowd control.
- High Skill Cap: Mastering the Crossguard Stance demands precise timing, spacing, and parrying skills.
To maximize the effectiveness of the Crossguard Stance, players can pair it with complementary stances to cover different combat scenarios:
- Double-Bladed Lightsaber: Ideal for handling groups of enemies and providing better mobility, the double-bladed stance offers a more nimble approach to combat, complementing the slow and powerful Crossguard Stance.
- Blaster Stance: The Blaster Stance offers precision and ranged capabilities, which can be useful when dealing with distant enemies or when a more controlled approach is required in Star Wars Jedi Survivor.
Skill Tree Recommendations & Combos
The Crossguard Stance features a unique skill tree that can enhance its capabilities and unlock new combos. Here are some recommendations for skills to invest in:
- Rending Strike: A high-damage attack with a long wind-up, essential for executing specific combos.
- Impact & Greater Impact: A powerful ground slam attack that generates a shockwave, useful for crowd control.
- Sundering Swipe: A wide, sweeping attack that can hit multiple enemies and potentially knock them down.
- Charged Reflection: Reflects blaster bolts with increased power and can target nearby enemies.
When investing skill points, prioritize skills that enhance your damage output and crowd control abilities while considering your personal playstyle and preferences. This will help you make the most of the Crossguard Stance in Star Wars Jedi Survivor.
- Standard Combo: Execute a simple three-hit combo by pressing [Attack] three times in succession.
- Jump Kick: Perform a sprinting jump kick that deals damage and knocks enemies down by pressing [Attack] while sprinting.
- Thrust: Demands the Rending Strike Skill. Perform a lunging thrust by pressing [Attack] twice and then holding [Attack] on the third press.
- Rending Strike Combo: Demands the Rending Strike Skill. Execute a spinning jump attack by pressing [Attack] thrice and then holding [Attack] on the third press.
Remember to practice and experiment with these combos to find the most effective ones for your play style and the specific enemies you encounter.
To enhance your Crossguard Stance gameplay in Star Wars Jedi Survivor, consider the following perks:
- Resilience: Boosts the Crossguard Stance’s inherent stamina advantage (once the bug is fixed).
- Shatter: Increases block meter damage, helping to break through enemy defenses.
- Centered: Prevents interruption after healing, ensuring your powerful attacks land.
- Fortitude: Increases damage output by around 50%, turning the Crossguard Stance into a high-damage, high-skill weapon.
Tips For Mastering The Crossguard Stance
To effectively utilize the Crossguard stance in combat, it’s essential to understand its unique characteristics and adapt your fighting style accordingly. Here are some tips for mastering the Crossguard stance in Star Wars Jedi Survivor:
- Slow But Powerful: The Crossguard stance features slower, heavier attacks compared to other stances. Focus on timing your strikes to maximize the damage dealt to enemies and breaking their defenses.
- Stamina Management: Since the Crossguard stance consumes more stamina, be mindful of your stamina bar during combat. Allow it to recover before executing more attacks or blocking enemy blows.
- Practice Patience: Due to its slower attack speed, it’s crucial to be patient and deliberate with your movements. Wait for openings in enemy defenses to strike with your powerful Crossguard attacks.
- Combos And Chaining Attacks: Learn the different attack combinations available with the Crossguard stance. Experiment with chaining light and heavy attacks to create devastating combos that can overwhelm your opponents.
- Switching Stances: Don’t forget that you can switch between two selected stances during combat. Use the Crossguard stance strategically in combination with another stance to handle various enemy types and situations.
By practicing and applying these tips in combat, you’ll be well on your way to mastering the Crossguard stance, allowing you to unleash its full potential against the forces that stand in your way.
In conclusion, the Crossguard Stance in Star Wars Jedi Survivor offers players a unique, high-risk, high-reward playstyle that can prove extremely powerful in the hands of a skilled player. With its impressive damage output and distinctive weapon design, the Crossguard Stance is a formidable addition to any player’s arsenal.
While you’re here, don’t forget to explore our other guides! Collect a variety of outfits to enhance Cal’s appearance. If you’re curious about the time it takes to beat Jedi Survivor, then fret, as the game takes roughly around 25 to 30 hours to complete, along with the side content.
- Star Wars Jedi Survivor: All Stim Upgrade Locations
- Star Wars Jedi Survivor: All Bosses
- Star Wars Jedi Survivor: Spawn Of Oggdo
- Star Wars Jedi Survivor: All Planets
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍