Dead Island 2’s Numen Skill Cards constitute the strongest abilities in the game and they can only be unlocked during the end-game because they are just this overpowered. Additionally, the game only gives us two slots for these abilities which are quite low when compared to other skill card types.
- Numen Skill Cards include some of the strongest abilities that players can use in the game.
- The slots required to equip these skill cards are unblocked after players beat the 21st story mission in Dead Island 2.
- Once the slots are unlocked, numen cards can be found as loot or by killing zombies and bosses in the game.
- Players can only equip two numen skill cards at once because they are extremely overpowered.
- Some numen skills that we currently know of include;
- Corpse Blossom which buffs our status effect attacks.
- Anger Mismanagement allows us to stay in fury mode for longer at the cost of our health.
- Born Survivor acts like a second life and saves us from a death blow.
- Glass Canon increases our critical hit damage at the cost of our defense.
Unlocking Numen Skill Cards
The game does not allow us to utilize the numen skill card slots until we have completed the 21st main story quest. The slots for equipping numen skill cards will unlock once we beat that story quest.
- You will encounter Specimen Noah, a mutator zombie, during this quest, and that is probably the only tough fight in the whole mission that players need to look out for.
- Once the numen skill slots unlock, we can obtain various numen skill cards by killing zombies or bosses, and sometimes the cards are even present in the overworld as loot.
As we have mentioned before, there are only two slots for numen cards as these skills are extremely overpowered so make sure to equip the ones that suit your playstyle and build. There are various numen skills in the game but we will discuss the ones that we know of currently in the game.
This numen skill buffs up status effects in the game. When we kill a zombie with a status effect attack, that zombie will transform into a live bomb of the particular status effect, it was used to kill with. Next, the zombie will explode, dealing damage to other zombies around with the same status effect.
Anger Mismanagement gives us a choice to stay in fury mode for longer, but at a huge cost. Nevertheless, having the choice to use fury for longer is always appreciated. When our fury runs out, we can stay in fury mode if anger mismanagement is equipped, but our health will start dropping at that point. Basically, the health bar will be used to power Fury until even the health gets low.
Born Survivor is basically a last-ditch stand and gives us a second life in a sense. When we receive a blow strong enough to finish us off, we won’t die; instead, it will cause an explosion utilizing our fury. Then the game will allow us to heal our health back by performing various attacks on zombies.
In exchange for some of our defense, the damage of our critical hits is significantly boosted if we use the Glass Canon numen skill in the game. And the damage is further increased if we are at low health in Dead Island 2.
Dead Island 2 is an extremely fun zombie game to play around with friends, and there are six characters that you can choose to play with, including Carla and Jacob. There are six different editions of the game that players can purchase, and the game’s release platforms include both old and next-gen consoles. There is a lot of replayability here as well as you can experiment with different skills and weapons.
This concludes our guide on Dead Island 2’s Numen Skill Cards and how you can unlock the slots to equip these skills in the game. Undoubtedly, these skills include some of the strongest abilities in the game, but they are unlocked quite late. We hope that the guide was helpful in learning everything that you need to know about Numen Skill Cards. Let us know what you think about Dead Island 2 in the comments below!
- Dead Island 2: Character Customization Options
- Dead Island 2: How Long To Beat
- Dead Island 2: What Is Max Level
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍