If you’re just starting out in Vermintide 2 or are about to play it, it will be wise to first know about the character classes. This is because there are a total of five different character classes to choose from. And since all of them are different in every way, you might get confused with which one to go with. This is why it is first important to learn everything about the Vermintide 2 classes to not make the mistake of choosing the wrong one.
Now, all character classes in Vermintide 2 are unique in their own way. Each class comes with its own set of strengths and weaknesses. In addition to this, there are different levels in every class, with each one unlocking more abilities. Today, we will talk about all five character classes in Vermintide 2 so that you can choose the right one.
The Mercenary Class
The Mercenary Class is the first choice of every player as it is the starting character class in Vermintide 2. Out of all the five character classes in the game, this one is the most basic and simple one. You get to play as Markus Kruber in this class, who is a strong warrior offering amazing abilities.
In his Mercenary Class, Kruber gets the following abilities:
- Paced Strikes (Passive Ability): This ability allows you to tear through more enemies. Furthermore, if you manage to hit three or more enemies in one attack, then you’ll gain 10% attack speed. This boost will last for a total of six seconds. However, this time period will be enough for you to take down a large group of enemies.
- Morale Boost (Ultimate Ability or Career Skill): By using this ability, you can send out a shockwave that will stagger all enemies that are close to you. Furthermore, another amazing benefit of this ability is that it will provide your nearby party members with some temporary health. This ability can prove to be useful when your team is stuck in a swarm of enemies. You can catch some breath thanks to it, and the temporary health boost can definitely turn the tables towards your side.
Huntsman – Unlocks At Level 7
At level 7, you will reach Huntsman. This is Kruber’s ranged class. Although he can use the same weapons as before in this class, ranged weapons have certain advantages.
- Waste Not, Want Not (Passive Ability): If you manage to get a ranged headshot, then you’ll be granted one ammo. In other words, the arrow you used will be recovered automatically. Furthermore, it will give you twice the effective range on the ranged weapons. He also has a critical chance aura that grants nearby players a 5% more critical strike chance.
- Hunter’s Prowl (Ultimate Ability or Career Skill): His ultimate is stealth-focused as it can help you disappear for some time, something that can help you sneak past enemies. However, if you go into stealth while an enemy is charging a big attack towards you, they will still be able to track you down.
Foot Knight Unlocks At Level 12
At level 12, you will unlock the Foot Knight Class. In it, your character is given a powerful armor along with a defensive aura, something which makes it one of the best classes in all of Vermintide 2.
Similar Guides: Here Are All The Black Book Locations In Skyrim
- Protective Presence (Passive Ability): This passive offers a 15% damage resistance aura, which can prove useful in combat. However, since its range is not that much, make sure to always stay close to your teammates. Furthermore, he has increased stamina along with a damage reduction that only affects him.
- Valiant Charge (Ultimate Ability or Career Skill): As its name suggests, this ability gives you the luxury to knock down enemies by charging towards them. Nothing less can be expected from such a magnificent warrior in strong armor. The best part is that you can charge towards any enemy in the game, regardless of how powerful they are, and Kruber will still knock them out. Another amazing thing about Valiant Charge is that its cooldown is low, meaning that you can use it more often to clear crowds or reach a teammate surrounded by enemies.
The Ranger Veteran Class
Next up, we have Bardin Goreksson. This Ranger Veteran is capable of using both ranged weapons as well as melee weapons. In the Ranger Veteran Class, Bardin has the following abilities:
- Survivalist (Passive Ability): Special enemies drop ammo on death. While the amount of ammo is not going to be that great, it’s still constructive. In addition to this, you get 50% more ammo capacity along with a faster reload time.
- Disengage (Ultimate Ability or Career Skill): Through this ability, you can drop a smoke bomb that will hide you from your enemies. In addition to this, the smoke bomb also stuns all nearby enemies and provides you with bonus damage while you’re inside the smoke. This ability can be used for both offensive as well as defensive purposes. For instance, it can be helpful when you’re trying to revive an ally, but there are multiple enemies nearby.
Ironbreaker – Unlocks At Level 7
At level 7, Bardin enters the Ironbreaker class. This transforms Bardin into an even more powerful warrior.
- Gromril Armour (Passive Ability): Thanks to this Passive, you can absorb any hit without taking any damage. However, this happens once every 20 seconds. If you do get hit, then you’ll have to wait for the 20 seconds cooldown for it to work again. In addition to this, you will take 30% less damage and will be granted with two stamina. Stun duration is also reduced by 50% in the Ironbreaker Class.
- Impenetrable (Ultimate Ability or Career Skill): All damage taken is reduced by 50% due to this ability and your block cost is also removed entirely. This means that you can block as many attacks as you want. In addition to this, Bardin also taunts all nearby enemies, something that will force them to attack you for 10 seconds. However, this will not work for bosses.
Slayer – Unlocks At Level 12
At level 12, you’ll unlock the Slayer Class for Bardin. It is regarded as the most high-risk high-reward career in the entire game. The Slayer Class takes all the ranged weapons away from Bardin and provides him melee weapons, something through which he can deliver pain even to the strongest of enemies. The Jewel Axes and the One-Handed Hammer are considered the ideal melee weapons for the Slayer Class. When played right, Slayers can become the best carry in the team.
- Trophy Hunter (Passive Ability): You get a stacking damage buff that will stack every time you hit an enemy, and it can go up to three stacks in total. In addition to this, you get increased attack speed, which can help you clear a swarm of enemies in no time.
- Leap (Ultimate Ability or Career Skill): This ability allows Bardin to jump in the air and then stun a target upon landing. This is something that grants him an even higher attack speed.
The Waystalker Class
The Waystalker Class will let you play with the Scottish Elf, Kerillian. If you’ve ever dreamed about becoming Legolas from the popular Lord of The Ring Series, then this is your chance.
In the Waystalker Class, Kerillian has the following abilities:
- Amaranthe (Passive Ability): Thanks to this Passive, you will continue regenerating health over time. If you’re at your half health, then you’ll be granted 2.5% of your max health every 10 seconds. Kerillian also gets 50% more ammo capacity, and the effective range is doubled. In addition to this, there exists a hidden ability that will let you zoom on weapons. This can be pressing the default zoom button.
- Trueshot Volley (Ultimate Ability or Character Skill): This ability will let you fire three arrows that will seek out enemies. This can be useful at times when you can only hear your nearby enemies but not see them. Although you can use this ability on nearby enemies, it will be wiser to save it for high-priority targets such as Blight Stormers.
Handmaiden – Unlocks At Level 7
At level 7, you will enter the Handmaiden Class with Kerillian. The default weapon of this class is a Spear. This means that, unlike the Waystalker Class that happens to focus more on ranged combat, this one is melee-focused.
- The Dance of Seasons (Passive Ability): The Passive Ability will grant you increased dodge distance as well as a stamina regeneration aura, that will increase the stamina of your nearby teammates; if they are within the range. In addition to this, you can’t be interrupted while reviving a comrade thanks to this ability.
- Dash (Ultimate Ability or Career Skill): By using this ability, you can dash through enemies, or in other words, go straight through their bodies. In addition to this, enemies are also hit with a bleeding effect. This can come quite in handy when you’re trying to clear a group of enemies at once.
Shade – Unlocks At Level 12
Shade is unlocked at level 12 for Kerillian and it transforms her into a deadly assassin. You become a ninja who can take down even the strongest enemies instantly.
- Murderous Prowess (Passive Ability): Well, the name of this Passive is enough for you to determine how deadly it is. First, you can instantly kill human-sized enemies through critical hits. In addition to this, you will deal 50% more damage if you attack enemies from behind. This is pretty much all you need when facing a large group of powerful enemies.
- Infiltrate (Ultimate Ability or Career Skill): Thanks to this ability, you can become available for a total of 10 seconds. You can freely move around or through your enemies in this state. The invisibility effect is lifted after 10 seconds or if you attack. For those wondering, Infiltrate can prove to be useful in multiple situations. If you get stuck in a critical situation, you can use it to escape. Furthermore, if you’re trying to take down a powerful boss, you can use it to get behind him to perform a lethal attack. Kerillian also happens to get a large power modifier when she’s in stealth mode.
The Witch Hunter Captain Class
Victor is the central character of the Witch Hunter Captain Class. He is a dedicated warrior whose only goal is to eliminate filth from the land. The only thing most players dislike about Victor is that he’s not that good in the Witch Hunter Captain Class. However, as he reaches levels 7 and 12, he becomes unstoppable.
In the Witch Hunter Captain Class, Victor possesses the following abilities:
- Witch Hunt (Passive Ability): If you tag or mark enemies, then they will receive 20% more damage. In addition to this, you won’t bear any light attack block cost from frontal attacks, which is a big plus in combat. Furthermore, instantly man-sized enemies can be killed instantly by critical headshots.
- Animosity (Ultimate Ability or Career Skill): His Ultimate Ability isn’t that great compared to the Ultimate Abilities of the next two classes. It only pushes back enemies grouped around Victor and boosts the critical hit chance of all nearby players for a total of six seconds.
Bounty Hunter – Unlocks At Level 7
Bounty Hunter is unlocked at level 7 and this is where Victor becomes more interesting. This class provides the character with much more powerful armor and takes his abilities to the next level.
- Blesses Shots (Passive Ability): This Passive will allow you to land a critical hit within every 10 seconds. The cooldown time can also be reduced by performing a melee kill. In addition to this, Victor is granted 50% more ammo capacity and the reload speed is also increased.
- Locked and Loaded (Ultimate Ability or Career Skill): You can shoot a powerful bullet that will take down whatever opponent it hits. Considering Victor gets a critical hit chance every 10 seconds, this bullet can prove to be deadly.
Zealot – Unlocks At Level 12
Unlocking at level 12, Zealot takes Victor to the highest level. He becomes a monster himself in this Class as not even the strongest enemies can stand against him.
- Fiery Faith (Passive Ability): This ability increases the power by 5% for every 25 health missing. In addition to this, no one can interrupt his heavy attacks and he fails to give up even after taking lethal damage.
- Holy Fervor (Ultimate Ability or Career Skill): This increases the attack speed of Victor by 50%, something that allows you to charge forward with maximum power. It lasts for around five seconds. However, if used right, then even five seconds are enough to take down a powerful boss, or a large group of monsters gathered around you. It can come in handy if you’re low on health and want a quick escape.
The Battle Wizard Class
Finally, we have the Battle Wizard Class. You play as Sienna, who is a powerful Wizard. While the Battle Wizard Class is not better than the above four mentioned Classes, it still has its perks.
In the Battle Wizard Class, Sienna gets the following abilities:
- Tranquility (Passive Ability): Because of this ability, Sienna will automatically ventilate Overcharge if she avoids damage and does not cast any spells for 8 seconds. In addition to this, you will increase ranged damage and the Overcharge will increase the spell charge speed.
- Fire Walk (Ultimate Ability or Career Skill): This ability allows you to teleport forward while leaving a trail of fire behind. Most of you will find this ability boring and not that useful, and that’s because it is.
Pyromancer – Unlocks At Level 7
Pyromancer unlocks at Level 7 and it will change your attitude towards Sienna. This is because while the Battle Wizard Class seems like the weakest Class in the entire game, Pyromancer happens to be one of the best.
- Critical Mass (Passive Ability): This increases your critical hit chance based on your overcharge. This can be done by shooting your ranged weapon as when it heats up; you will be granted with 5% critical hit chance. In addition to this, the ranged damage is also increased.
- Homing Firespear (Ultimate Ability or Career Skill): Sienna can launch a fireball that will locate enemies independently. The fireball also has a health pool that decreases with each attack it performs. This translates to the fact that it can take down a group of weak enemies or a single strong enemy. The best part? Well, you can fire a fireball every five seconds. This is perfect for times when you want to create large hordes while focusing on something else.
Unchained – Unlocks At Level 12
The Unchained Class for Sienna unlocks at level 12, and it is one of the best ones in the entire game. It provides Sienna with a flaming sword and gives her a flaming head as well, something that is enough to pour fear into the hearts of your enemies.
- Blood Magic (Passive Ability): 50% of the damage you receive will be automatically transferred to the Overcharge. In addition to this, there is no Overcharge slowdown while the melee power is also increased on high Overcharge.
- Living Bomb (Ultimate Ability or Career Skill): This ability transforms Sienna into a walking bomb. In other words, she will explode upon using this ability and deal damage to all the nearby enemies. The only downside is that your nearby teammates will also get hurt if they are in range. However, this ability is still useful in multiple situations.
These were all Vermintide 2 Classes that you can choose from. As you judge from above, every Class offers a different set of abilities. All of them are amazing in their own way, and you should go with the one that suits your playstyle the most. For instance, if you’re a fan of assassins, then you should go with Kerillian.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍