Xenoblade Chronicles 3 has finally been released, and with a role-playing game like that, a ton of new mechanics and systems are introduced. Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is the latest installment in the Xenoblade series, so fans expect to see some unique new systems. However, for now, Xenoblade Chronicles 3 has introduced a Gem System. The system allows the players to craft certain gem items that boost or aid their characters in the game. The Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Best Gems are a must-have item in the game so stick around to find out more about them.
Now, as you might have figured out by now that Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is a game with many characters, which include Noah, Sena, Nia, and more. The game also features a variety of classes, so why not go through our guide on All Classes Of Xenoblade Chronicles 3 for a better understanding? Also, while you are at it, go through the guide on whether You Need To Play Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Before 3.
Furthermore, if you are curious about the game’s cast, then we also have a guide on Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Voice Actors And Cast. Lastly, if you can not decide between the two editions of the game, then try researching them through our Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Editions guide. Now, let us get back to our task at hand of Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Best Gems.
What Are Gems In Xenoblade Chronicles 3?
Now, you will first be introduced to the Gems in Chapter 2 of Xenoblade Chronicles 3. The ability to craft the gems is introduced to Riku, and at the start, each of your characters will have one slot to equip the gems. However, you will be able to unlock up to three slots. The second slot is available to you at level 20, and further, you unlock another third slot at level 30.
Also, you can craft these gems at most of the campsites scattered in the wilderness. Furthermore, the gems in Xenoblade Chronicles 3 are distributed into four categories. The categories are Defender Gem, Attacker Gem, Healer Gem, and Speciality Gem, and there are a total of five gems in each category which brings the grand total to 20 gems in Xenoblade Chronicles 3.
Furthermore, each of the gems can be upgraded to a maximum of level 10, where the gem’s stats are at their peak. However, to craft the Best Gems in Xenoblade Chronicles 3, you will require a variety of rare materials like Gemstones and Ether Cylinders. So we recommend that you keep collecting materials from the start of your game when you explore the most as it will be easier to craft items later.
However, as mentioned before, to craft Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Best Gems, you require very rare materials. So the game offers an alternative way where you can use Gold Nopon Coins to bypass the required materials. Although the amount of Gold Nopon Coins rises drastically as the gems level increases.
Also, a single gem can be shared with all of your characters which means, in turn, that all of your characters can have the same gem in their gem slots. Keep these things in mind as they will help you in the long run.
How To Use The Gems In Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Now, as we have mentioned before, the main use of the gems is to boost or aid your characters in different ways. However, the gems can be used in many other ways, such as to strengthen a character or to offset a weakness. First, to use the gems, you will have to equip them in one of your character’s slots for the gem to take effect.
Next, you will have to decide on how you intend to use your character and, in return, what type of gems you will equip him with. One of the most common and effective uses of the Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Best Gems is to equip them to boost your character’s attacks and specialty so that they deal more damage.
Also, you can equip the healers with a gem that will help them heal more HP for your team. Furthermore, you can use the gems to offset a clear weakness of a character. For example, if your character lacks in the damage output department, then equip a gem to make him deal more damage.
Furthermore, also remember to equip the best gems to a character that you make use of the most as the AI characters are not able to combo with the gems, which makes the gems a bit weak for them. So just keep this in mind to make a strong team.
Best Gems In Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Now, we will proceed further into our guide and list all of the Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Best Gems that you must aim to acquire. And as mentioned before, the gems are divided into four categories, so that we will be listing the three best gems for each category. The categories will be as the following:
- Attacker Best Gems
- Defender Best Gems
- Healer Best Gems
- Specialty Best Gems
- Steel Cleaver: A simple attacker gem that increases the wearer’s attack by 20 points. It is a must-have gem for any character that intends to deal damage.
- Accurate Grace: The gem increases the wearer’s dexterity by 20 points which in turn increases the character’s aim. The gem is the perfect edge you require to defeat higher-level bosses and enemies.
- Analyze Weakness: The gem is perfect for dealing even more damage as it increases the damage of a critical hit by 20%, which is a decent buff to have.
- Tailwind: The gem increases the agility of the character by 10 points. It is an essential gem for your defenders that rely on their dogging ability rather than decreasing the incoming damage, as the faster they can dodge, the better.
- Brimming Spirit: The gem boosts the aggro generated by arts up to 20%. The aggro is another important aspect that you should consider using as the defenders are also supposed to aggro the enemy towards themselves so that the attackers can deal damage to it.
- Perilous Presence: It is another gem that grants you more aggro at the start of a fight. So it is also a good defender gem to have.
- Life Bearer: This gem is an essential gem for a healer as it increases the healing capabilities of a healer by 20 points.
- Life-Saving Expertise: The gem speeds up the revival of your teammates by 20%, and also it grants an additional 5 points of extra healing. The gem is super helpful in boss fights as it grants you two buffs for the price of one.
- Refined Blessing: The gem gives an extra 25% of duration to the buffs that a character applies to himself or his teammates. The gem is effective for a character that relies on buffs as its main job.
- Steady Striker: The perfect gem for the players that rely on auto-attack recharge gauge-type arts. The gem shortens the auto attack interval by up to 15%. Additionally, it also increases the attack speed of your attacks which increases the character’s overall DPS (Damage Per Second).
- Empowered Combo: The gem is designed so that whenever you cancel an attack, your damage is boosted by 25% for a short time. However, the gem is only useful for your active characters as the AI characters can not make use of this gem to its full potential.
- Double Strike: There is a 15% chance because of the gem that the auto attack attacks twice in a single attack dealing more damage.
Now that we have completed the list, we bring the guide on Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Best Gems to an end. In the guide, we discussed each category’s best gems that you must have to become more powerful in the game. However, if you believe that we left some parts out, then please do let us know through the comment section down below.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍