Hardware

Mindfactory: Intel Core i7-8700K Dominates The CPU Market Despite Tough Competition, Intel Contriburted To 55% Of CPU Sales

Intel has been having a rough time with security exploits like Specter and Meltdown and AMD Ryzen breathing down its neck due to its overall better performance and competitive prices. However, one would assume that all of that might have caused some lost sales for Intel but that is not the case as Intel Core i7-8700K is still the best selling CPU.

This is according to the stats revealed by German retailer Mindfactory. According to the stats revealed by Mindfactory, Intel Core i7-8700K is still beating AMD Ryzen CPUs in terms of sales.

However, that doesn’t mean that AMD Ryzen CPUs aren’t getting any love from the consumers as the Ryzen 7 2700X has been outselling Ryzen 7 2700 and the same goes for Ryzen 5 2600X versus Ryzen 5 2600.

Not only that, first-gen Ryzen CPUs are still in the circulation due to the price cuts following the launch of 2nd-gen Ryzen APUs.

According to Mindfactory, 55% of CPU sold by them were Intel while the rest of the 45% were AMD. This showcases that AMD is closing the gap between its competitor with its competitive prices and better products.

Speaking of Intel, while the company has been facing tough time but that hasn’t stopped it from investing in new projects as Intel is working on a discrete GPU of its own under the direction of Raja Koduri.

Not only that, Intel has hired Larrabee Architect Tom Forsyth. Forsyth is the former employee for Intel and will probably be working on the Intel Discrete GPU.

Tom Forsyth took it to Twitter to announce that he has been hired by Intel for Raja’s group and added that he currently has no idea on which project he will be working on. However, given that he is Raja Koduri’s group it is highly likely that Tom Forsyth will be working on Intel discrete GPU.

Source: Techreport


Ahmad Hassan


PC master race enthusiast but not an elitist. Loves single-player games.
Back to top button